Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Or maybe you took my comment on ONE post (the one she said she was not going to do a catch up soon) as a general comment. I did say that particular post was scummy, but I do/did not scum read Sakura in general.

On another note, Sayaka, Lowell & GLW need to show up. I believe Easter is well over now, so we need these 3 to talk.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:57 am

Post by texcat »

In post 894, ToastyToast wrote:My mafia theory suggests one scum in each of the following groups (I believe that no matter the playstyle, scum teams will try to "fill the void" of these spots and adapt accordingly. Additionally, I find that most scum teams have at least one member they are willing to lynch if they need to in order to establish town cred or protect themselves (the scapegoat). Because we have more people taking the backseat I think there is a strong chance that two of the scum team are trying to coast by, which makes the sheep/lurker groups better targets for a lynch.

What an intriguing theory. I am not sure how much scum teams are able to alter their playstyle to fill the void. Although thinking back on old games, there might be some truth in it. But having a different playstyle as scum has always been a red flag, and I thought most players tried to maintain their same style. Rather than trying to fill the void, I think it's more likely that a randomly drawn scum team will just naturally have players with styles that are randomly divided.

Boonskiies has posted quite a few posts, but only in response to someone attacking him. And they are too full of expletives to read or make sense of.

Almost50, where are you going with the top 3 candidates lists?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:49 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

VoteCount 2.6With 12 players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

Sayaka Maizono (0):

Almost50 (0):

Sakura Hana (1):
Boonskiies
Lowell (2):
texcat, Almost50
mhsmith0 (0):

texcat (3):
Sayaka Maizono, Lowell, chilledtea
Garmr (1):
Expedience
Boonskiies (2):
ToastyToast, Sakura Hana
Dierfire (0):

ToastyToast (0):

chilledtea (0):

Expedience (1):
Garmr

Not Voting (2):
mhsmith0, Dierfire

The deadline is in
(expired on 2016-04-05 12:00:00)

NOTES:
Sayaka Maizono has been proded.
Last edited by FA_Q2 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:25 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 950, Almost50 wrote:Or maybe you took my comment on ONE post (the one she said she was not going to do a catch up soon) as a general comment. I did say that particular post was scummy, but I do/did not scum read Sakura in general.

On another note, Sayaka, Lowell & GLW need to show up. I believe Easter is well over now, so we need these 3 to talk.

I wanted to say the same thing except GLW has been replaced by dierfire.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:40 am

Post by chilledtea »

UNVOTE:

This game feels like a mess. We seem to be going nowhere unlike day 1 where there was lot of activity and we went straight for a lynch as fast as possible. Even though we got a mislynch I prefer that (on day 1) because we could work better with the information we had at the time. Now it feels like we are unable to gather any information at all and people seem to be just fighting with each other.

I don't believe in having town reads but, I will say that I don't want to lynch boonskiies, sakura, expedience, toastytoast, smith.

Dierfire has just joined, would be unreasonable to lynch him especially since the previous slot owner didn't do much to get concrete reads on.

texcat/lowell is a good lynch and garmr seems to be someone only I am scumreading? I really think garmr is scum but no one seems to want to follow up on that. Expedience is the only one?

Sayaka was good when she said something but now she is inactive. That could be a lack of a potential townie involvement.

Anyways, if lowell doesn't say anything I am very much ok with his lynch. If you follow his ISO he hasn't done much since 4 days. Not that he did much before that.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Lowell »

chilled, you want to come at me, then come at me, bro! Why be so passive? place a vote!

One thing I'll note: in many, even MOST, countries (other than the U.S.), Easter is a four-day weekend--or longer. Such is my situation. I'm just today back at work, and I'll try to catch up today if I can.

I do want to mention my vote on tex, though. Basically what I thought I saw (but now am not sure I see) was a soft claim from sayaka (and if I was right all along, SORRY SAYAKA!). Basically there was no kill, then sayaka started spamming the thread, shooting accusations all over, then voting (more or less out of the blue) for tex. My interpretation was: role-blocker who blocked tex, trying not to admit to such.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

@Mod: I'm voting boonskies not myself

Fixed.
Last edited by FA_Q2 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 956, Sakura Hana wrote:
@Mod: I'm voting boonskies not myself

@Mod - I'm voting Sakura.

Fixed.
Last edited by FA_Q2 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:53 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 955, Lowell wrote:chilled, you want to come at me, then come at me, bro! Why be so passive? place a vote!

One thing I'll note: in many, even MOST, countries (other than the U.S.), Easter is a four-day weekend--or longer. Such is my situation. I'm just today back at work, and I'll try to catch up today if I can.

I do want to mention my vote on tex, though. Basically what I thought I saw (but now am not sure I see) was a soft claim from sayaka (and if I was right all along, SORRY SAYAKA!). Basically there was no kill, then sayaka started spamming the thread, shooting accusations all over, then voting (more or less out of the blue) for tex. My interpretation was: role-blocker who blocked tex, trying not to admit to such.

On day 1, you voted texcat saying texcat was a better lynch candidate than you. Do you remember why that was the case?

This is important because you answered this question by saying that you have a theory - but your theory is in regard with day 2.

What made you suspicious of texcat on day 1?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:25 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

I'm looking at prior Boon games...
town http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7765456
town http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7737426
town http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7643819
scum http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7231303

and the whole tone sounds completely different from him here.

on the other hand...
scum http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7186368
546 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p7152032
That one (and some of the next few) sound similar to some of the stuff he's been spewing this game.

Moreover, I just don't see cause for him to get THAT angry in the first place in this game. Feels like he's playing it up. And I agree with TT's bit about him active lurking; he's posting a lot, but he really isn't doing much of anything productive.

VOTE: Boonskiies
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:26 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

edit: those links apparently only carry through into the game and not the actual ISO. not sure why.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:32 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 958, chilledtea wrote:
In post 955, Lowell wrote:chilled, you want to come at me, then come at me, bro! Why be so passive? place a vote!

On day 1, you voted texcat saying texcat was a better lynch candidate than you. Do you remember why that was the case?

This is important because you answered this question by saying that you have a theory - but your theory is in regard with day 2.

I mean, everyone is a better lynch than me. My D2 theory is entirely what I mentioned above, and has nothing to do with D1, except to the extent that texcat's existence on that scummy borderzone would have made him a likely RB target.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:35 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 961, Lowell wrote:
In post 958, chilledtea wrote:

I mean, everyone is a better lynch than me. My D2 theory is entirely what I mentioned above, and has nothing to do with D1, except to the extent that texcat's existence on that scummy borderzone would have made him a likely RB target.

Who would you lynch today?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 951, texcat wrote:Almost50, where are you going with the top 3 candidates lists?

Results so far:

5 Lowell
5 texcat
4 chilledtea
4 Boons
3 Expedience
2 Sakura
2 Sakaya
2 Garmr
1 Almost

It looks like either you or Lowell still. I'm opposed to your lynch, but you appear on the lists of 3 of my town reads. On the other hand, Lowell is NOT on the lists of my other 2 scum reads, so all 5 willing to settle for a Lowell lynch are town, which gives me more confidence in my own push on him.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 953, chilledtea wrote:I wanted to say the same thing except GLW has been replaced by dierfire.

OK, my bad. So DF needs to talk then.

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:05 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

@Sakura Hana:
wrt :
1)
I definitely see the plausible scum strategy there. OTOH, I'd consider it reasonable for town, so the whole thing seems null to me.

2)
I find Boon lying here to be plausible (I suppose lazy/sloppy is also possible, but there's a seeming lie of substance here, which does seem to matter).
Not sure its indicative on exp specifically though.

3)
So looking at your three, I'd say:
A] 28 was a bit reachy. Not horrifically or unreasonably so, but a strong scum read that early could plausibly mean a scum looking for town credit for aggressive early scum hunting. And wrt the unvote, my recollection was that opinion was split on whether it was townie, scummy, or just null. So for him to be in the "I think it's scummy" side doesn't seem like a crazy reach or anything.

B] you put one on L-2 and the other L-1. "You put both at L-1" was a factual mis-statement but I don't know that it's a fundamentally important distinction. If this is a scum strategy to discredit/lynch you (ignoring later correction), it's a stupid one because it's easy argued against by simple fact-checking. Ditto the whole bit about missing the "now" portion of your quote.

C] a quick correction of his above post from a minute prior. If this is a scum strategy, it's a strategy of looking town by being willing to correct his own mistakes.

D] why is it bad to try and provoke a reaction? Maybe he's trying to read your slot by reaction testing? I'm struggling to see that as an inherently scummy approach.

Overall, I'm not ready to solidly scum-read either of you from your back and forth or call it town-town. If Boon's apparent breakdown was less jarring I'd be spending more time and energy digging into it, but right now it feels kind of null on both sides. Maybe town-town, maybe scum-scum, maybe town-scum. It's probably worth mulling over in more detail at some point, but I'm not convinced it's really a priority right now.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 960, mhsmith0 wrote:edit: those links apparently only carry through into the game and not the actual ISO. not sure why.

Because the [] breaks the url parsing, i'll fix the links for you:
In post 959, mhsmith0 wrote:I'm looking at prior Boon games...
town http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
scum http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

and the whole tone sounds completely different from him here.

on the other hand...
scum http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
546 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p7152032
That one (and some of the next few) sound similar to some of the stuff he's been spewing this game.

Moreover, I just don't see cause for him to get THAT angry in the first place in this game. Feels like he's playing it up. And I agree with TT's bit about him active lurking; he's posting a lot, but he really isn't doing much of anything productive.

VOTE: Boonskiies

To get this url just navigate to the bottom of a page and select "Display posts by user: username" you can even do isolation of 2 or 3 users this way.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Dierfire »

Hello everyone!

I am going to try to read quickly. If there's anything that needs special attention, please let me know!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Meta diving on me is stupid and pointless. I am way too self aware of my meta. But if we must...
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Although, You want to get fucking meta divey with me? Look at some of my games with Radiant Cowbells like a year ago. I raged the fuck out. Look at some of my games where I fucking self voted myself as town. Look at how I was given a ban because of my raging into the self voting because it was a fucking trust tell to town Boon. Im so fucking pissed that I'm probably going to get banned from this game for breaking a trust tell.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Boonskiies »

^ I haven't. And I won't. But gah, it's so annoying.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:53 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Wait, holy fuck. You are meta diving me on the lurking?!?!?! I thought you were on the fucking anger. Hell, fuck this. I'm a fucking known lurker as both fucking alignments. People have labeled it as "Boonskiies is always a lurker". I don't agree with it, but I guess I see what the "active lurker" is saying. IT IS NOT FUCKING ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE. You idiots just go ahead and fucking lynch me.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:55 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

@boon:

1) I meta dove you on the tone/anger
2) I +1'd TT on the active lurking

separate points
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Then you meta dove badly if it you think I don't get angry in games.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Dierfire »

I'm through D1, and I'm leaving for the night. My preliminary thought is that the speed of the lynch on Madonna was highly suspect, but I see that many people were interpreting her as suspicious for defending Lowell (implying that they were both Mafia), which does give support to switching from one to the other. When I'm done catching up, I will revisit that point to see whether anyone seemed off in the timing.

So far I am reading Sakura and Almost50 as Town. I need to review some things with the ending of the day but mhsmith0 might be looking good as well.
The suspicious set that needs my attention is {Lowell, Garmr, chilledtea, Knightmare} (some of those are associative but I'll speak to that more when I know more).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”