Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Roshar »

So went back to re-read the Nos/Mhs argument that happened back on page 16/17.

@Nos, I can't think of a better way to describe your vote on Mhs as anything other than stagnant. Your vote on him was placed on page 14 without explanation.

You later state that his, "sarcastic" comment really pinged you, but after going back and forth you say you,

but I know now that you genuinely believe you were being obviously sarcastic.

You vote for Mhs before Mhs had voted for Jake. So clearly your early vote on MHS had nothing to do with that. You said your vote remains b/c Mhs was "gunning for low-hanging fruit". Upon Mhs unvoting Jake, you said you would move it once someone pings you. So, 28 pages later, nothing pinged you?

Until I asked you that is.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:57 am

Post by Roshar »

In post 1096, Nosferatu wrote:
It's not that I'm demotivated; what I don't want to do is walk the entire playerlist through my thought process on everything. And I don't usually engage my scumreads.

1) This assumes you have an active thought process on what's going on. Very little of your posts have reflected active interest and thought.

2) This playstyle does not promote discussion and is not pro-town. How do you expect anyone to town read you if they can't actually follow what you're thinking. This is ideal scum play tbh.

As scum, you wouldn't want to engage your 'scumreads'
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 1082, Clumsy wrote:Well, I didn't get to finish, and I'm on the road now. From what I have, I didn't like APF and RC. Titus hasn't been doing much after the replacement, and that seems sus. She did say it was work and sickness though. Hope you get to feeling better Titus. I'm feeling better about Rosh, and while Lowell is annoying, not sure if actually scummy. Looking into that might be good though.

I like Max for town as well. I'm starting to get a slight feeling that Froot is coasting a bit, but nothing too big. Could be playstyle?

Really need Huntress in here. And the other two replacements when they get here. Ugh.

This guy. What even is any of this.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Ircher »

Vote Count - Day 1 VC #15Titus (0) -
Mhsmith (0) -
Huntress (0) -
Froot (0) -
Pisskop (0) -
Max (2) - Froot, Titus
Maverick (0) -
Shaddow (0) -
Nos (1) - Rosh
Plain (0) -
Lowell (1) - Nos
Clumsy (5) - Lowell, Maverick, Plain, Mhsmith, Shaddow
Rosh (0) -
No Lynch (0) -
Not Voting (4) - Clumsy, Pisskop, Huntress, Max

DeadlineDay 1 will end on April 19, 2016 5:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2016-04-19 17:30:00).

Lynch ThresholdWith 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Mod NotesClumsy will be V/LA til April 17.
Maverick requested replacement.
Pisskop will be force-replaced.
Titus was prodded.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:55 am

Post by shaddowez »

V/LA until Monday
Last edited by Ircher on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V/LA on Weekends
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1101, Roshar wrote:
In post 1096, Nosferatu wrote:
It's not that I'm demotivated; what I don't want to do is walk the entire playerlist through my thought process on everything. And I don't usually engage my scumreads.

1) This assumes you have an active thought process on what's going on. Very little of your posts have reflected active interest and thought.

2) This playstyle does not promote discussion and is not pro-town. How do you expect anyone to town read you if they can't actually follow what you're thinking. This is ideal scum play tbh.

As scum, you wouldn't want to engage your 'scumreads'

1) Well that's your subjective evaulation of my posts and there's nothing I could possibly argue against that.

2) Well we're discussing me and my opinions right now, and have been nearly this entire game so that's just contradictory, and town shouldn't aim to be town read, it should be to find scum and let people know when you think you've got one, which is the quintessence of my playstyle. I'm not advocating this playstyle, but it's what works for me.

I may not promote discussion conventionally by asking the meaning of every post my suspects ever make or talking about everything and anything for everyone's opinions, but I do promote discussion when I make cases. So to say I don't promote discussion or that I'm anti-town is just abject ignorance and lack of experience with my playstyle
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:48 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1100, Roshar wrote:So went back to re-read the Nos/Mhs argument that happened back on page 16/17.

@Nos, I can't think of a better way to describe your vote on Mhs as anything other than stagnant. Your vote on him was placed on page 14 without explanation.

You later state that his, "sarcastic" comment really pinged you, but after going back and forth you say you,

but I know now that you genuinely believe you were being obviously sarcastic.

You vote for Mhs before Mhs had voted for Jake. So clearly your early vote on MHS had nothing to do with that. You said your vote remains b/c Mhs was "gunning for low-hanging fruit". Upon Mhs unvoting Jake, you said you would move it once someone pings you. So, 28 pages later, nothing pinged you?

Until I asked you that is.

1)
but I know
now
that you genuinely believe you were being obviously sarcastic.

NOW
adverb | \ˈnau̇\
1. at the present time
2. in the present situation

Example sentences:
We were having trouble before, but everything's okay
now
I'm feeling much better
now
, thank you.

Etymology:
Middle English, from Old English nū; akin to Old High German nū now, Latin nunc, Greek nyn

First Known Use: before 12th century

I don't get the misunderstanding here. I said I voted at the beginning for his sarcastic comment, talked about something else, he asked me what the initial vote was for, I told him. How people suddenly misconstrued this into something else is a mystery to me.

2)
In post 1100, Roshar wrote:You vote for Mhs before Mhs had voted for Jake. So clearly your early vote on MHS had nothing to do with that. You said your vote remains b/c Mhs was "gunning for low-hanging fruit". Upon Mhs unvoting Jake, you said you would move it once someone pings you. So, 28 pages later, nothing pinged you?

Did I say the initial vote on mhs was because of the gunning for low hanging fruit? No. But you already know that, because you literally say it in the next sentence, so why even mention it? 28 pages later, Lowell hadn't pinged me enough to warrant a vote, and I noted the implication issue with mhs upon a re-read.

3) It is completely normal for me to not explain things that ping me as soon as they do. NY192, the game where RC referenced I was one of the top townies; This is because I nailed scum to the wall D1, about 500 pages after I put my vote down. So the whole 'you didn't explain x until I asked' argument that was bound to come up sooner or later, is NAI.
last.fm
gtkas
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Roshar »

It's not misconstrued, Nos. I read that argument like three times now (as painful as that was). Did you previously think he didn't mean sarcasm? Yes. After arguing about it for a bit, do you later see that he did indeed mean to be sarcastic? Yes.

The point of me quoting it here was to show that your original reason for finding him suspicious was cleared up in that argument. So there was no reason to keep voting him, and to have kept your vote on him almost 30 pages later made no sense.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Roshar »

So the whole 'you didn't explain x until I asked' argument that was bound to come up sooner or later, is NAI.]So the whole 'you didn't explain x until I asked' argument that was bound to come up sooner or later, is NAI.

And where did I say this?

Deleted above post that differed only in formatting.
~Ircher
Last edited by Ircher on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Roshar »

I really don't see how Mhs

literally took every post and found some sort of implication that wasn't there and asked me about it.

I can't find one example of this. The part you quoted ()was him trying to understand what you posted. He was asking you about it b/c he wasn't sure if that's what you meant by it. And I can easily relate as I really didn't understand what you meant in that post either.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Roshar »

There's quite a difference between 'you didn't explain until I asked', and you 'didn't change your vote until I started asking you about your current one.'
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Roshar »

The first implies a pre-formed stance that you simply didn't explain to everyone. The latter implies you were caught off guard doing nothing.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1107, Roshar wrote:It's not misconstrued, Nos. I read that argument like three times now (as painful as that was). Did you previously think he didn't mean sarcasm? Yes. After arguing about it for a bit, do you later see that he did indeed mean to be sarcastic? Yes.

The point of me quoting it here was to show that your original reason for finding him suspicious was cleared up in that argument. So there was no reason to keep voting him, and to have kept your vote on him almost 30 pages later made no sense.

I could've sworn I just posted that I re-read the game at some point and found the implications scummy, which I didn't note before, and decided to keep my vote on despite Lowell's suspect behaviour but maybe I didn't.

pedit: I see what you mean now. I interpreted you saying "until I asked" as "you didn't bother to say what pinged you until I asked"
pedit2: I already said I didn't like lowell so it kinda is a pre-formed stance :I
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

Oh I did then

28 pages later, Lowell hadn't pinged me enough to warrant a vote, and I noted the implication issue with mhs upon a re-read.

that was close
last.fm
gtkas
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Roshar »

My post was referring to your vote on Mhs.

I was saying I don't mean your stance on Lowell, I meant you didn't change your stagnant vote until I asked you about it.
Last edited by Ircher on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Roshar »

Yah, and I don't see the 'implication' issue with Mhs. Perhaps there are other implications I missed?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1115, Roshar wrote:Yah, and I don't see the 'implication' issue with Mhs. Perhaps there are other implications I missed?

no I just re-read in isolation, I couldn't see any other implications. my memory is failing me :shifty:
last.fm
gtkas
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by Ircher »

Well, I haven't gotten he replacements yet, and since this is the weekend (and everyone goes V/la anyway :/), I'm suspending the deadline at 3 days until I find replacements.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by Clumsy »

In post 1089, Roshar wrote:In terms of Clumsy's actual content, I don't feel better about it. It's more him feeling bad about being a liability. That parts kinda getting to me. B/c that would be the correct town response to being falsely accused as town. But shouldn't there be some anger and bitterness too? Like 'Screw you guys, I hope it hurts when I flip town?'

The only bitterness I have is towards Lowell. I'm finding it increasingly scummy that he's trying so hard to put the nail in my coffin. In fact, I could easily see it as pushing a mislynch, and purposefully leaving himself open for a team bus for towncred. Just a theory though.

As for anger or bitterness towards anyone else: no, not at all. It's my own fault anyway. The town members of you are just trying to scum hunt, and I am looking pretty bad. So no, no bitterness.

P.S. There's no way I'll be able to stay caught up with this while on V/LA

Fixed Quote Tags
~Ircher
Last edited by Ircher on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by Roshar »

yo clumsy, what do you think about nos?
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Eh, not feeling great about her, but I haven't made it through a lot of her stuff.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Huntress »

Caught up again so should be more
in
the game from now on.

Top scum read is Roshar. This is partly gut and partly because she seemed to be reading people as scum mainly for their playstyle.

@ Roshar:
What was it about that made you switch your vote to Max? Was it just his naming a few town reads, or was it something more than that?

Second scum read was Froot Loop but I can't remember why at the moment and it isn't clear from her ISO, which means it may have been some interaction or other which looked off when read in context. I'll get back to that later.

Still not sure about Clumsy, but I'm liking the wagon on him even less than I liked his earlier posts, and his later posts seem to be better.

Not liking Lowell's eagerness to end the Day but I'm not sure that he'd be so blatant about it as scum.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Roshar »

Post I explained further.

I was ready to vote for Jake in . Max's entrance continued my scum read.

Can you provide actual quotes and examples of where you think I'm voting people on playstyle? A gut read after 40 pages can't really be held accountable.
Roshar
Roshar
Goon
Roshar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Roshar »

Any town reads Huntress? And why as well
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Ircher »

Prodding a plain farmer (1d 22h); He has til 12:30 AM to respond or it becomes official.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”