mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Ps we are now down to FOUR possible wolf teams as a50 and I could have hammered kaag there. As it stands, my ONLY possible partner is ya. And if you think it's ya/me, then my play so far today has been utterly bizarre, since egg was a super easy target for scum!mhs to push.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1399, Almost50 wrote:You just weren't paying much attention to the main thread. You were more concerned with your private chat in the Mafia QT.
check his and subsequent few posts.

:roll:
Now you're just super reaching. If it's you and YA, well done on lylo misdirection. If it's not, you're earned yourself some bad feelings heading into the final challenge.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Again, stop trying to manipulate me. You've already won thanks to Summer's vote on KAAG. ALL you need to do is sit tight, wait for YA to come online, then do the wham!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1402, Almost50 wrote:Again, stop trying to manipulate me. You've already won thanks to Summer's vote on KAAG. ALL you need to do is sit tight, wait for YA to come online, then do the wham!

I'd say the same to you, but I'd agree that you're likelier wolf buddies with kaag than YA at this point.

Of course, it could also be a ya/kaag team, in which case who knows how things will go.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

THAT is actually what's wrong with most town players. They are suspicious of every good logic and suspect there's some trick hidden somewhere, so they try to be smart and end up doing EXACTLY what the scum want them to. Scum on the other hand need not do much. They only need to play as good a game as you did, sitting aside, feeding the fire and letting the town eat itself.

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Ps if you're actually town, your read on me was horrific. The bit on thors death was especially bad. He was pretty aggressively pushing people OTHER THAN me. So either I wifomed it up (leaving buddy YA to really hold the bag), or (using your logic) I'm LESS implicated by that kill than most others.

Pps Thor explicitly said he wasn't bothering to read the earlier stuff. So he gave ZERO weight to aeros reads (unless he was bs'ing).

Ppps implying I "sat aside" is ridiculous. The closest you can come to a case there is EOD1, and I was planning to make an impact before SOMEONE quick hammered. Of course you say you think we're wolf buddies so it all hangs together for you. Or you can admit your case is way weaker than how you're selling it.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

No, it's not. It is just as good as I'm convinced it is. And you being globally town read means the kill was to clear your scum partner by means of WIFOM. That's what I said. Aero suspected BOTH of you. Thor -however- only suspected YA. YA had already laid the hammer on D1, so killing Thor would've been seen as "too scummy to be true" coming from him. You were on the clear all the way bc everybody was spellbound by you already.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

BTW, we probably should hydra together sometime. I would very much like to know what goes into your head dragging the days like you do. To me it's super boring (I prefer Bliz games with Days of 72 hours)..

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

*Blitz

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1407, Almost50 wrote:BTW, we probably should hydra together sometime. I would very much like to know what goes into your head dragging the days like you do. To me it's super boring (I prefer Bliz games with Days of 72 hours)..

That might be fun; I haven't ever hydra'd before, so it'd be interesting. FWIW, I actually tend more towards 72 ish hour days (I started on playdip, where it's always 3-4 days), which gives enough time to go back and read (MU does 36 hours which is just way too fast, especially with some super high volume posters). 2 week days has a clear ebb and flow, but also leads to seemingly inevitable down time and dead periods.

PS FWIW, I was actually trying NOT to needlessly drag day 2 (and possibly erred too far in that direction). I'll accept some blame for day 3 dragging... but it's a "one wrong vote and game over" situation. So I pushed, questioned, and engaged, instead of quick voting and possibly killing the town.

PPS If you want to really amuse yourself... http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... post291151
from "wow i somehow got a ML of crunkus" to "oh shit I'm dead" in like 2 hours :oops:
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1389, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1386, mhsmith0 wrote:If I'm to lose, I'd rather blame it on really good play from the other team than my own ineptness.

Vote YAWN and you still won't lose. Not today at the very least. :P

There is ZERO reason why I would want to do this given Summer's KAAG vote. And I think you already know what I mean. Which makes me seriously wonder why you'd even ask for me to do this.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

btw, A50, as long as we're waiting to see what happens from YA, can you tell the board whether there are KAAG specific things you find non-wolf, or is this a pure "MHS is wolf" thing? If KAAG is wolf, and gets lynched, and it's you, me, and YA, it'll go a lot better for you if you start answering questions now instead of later. Because it seems like you fixated on YA/MHS wolf team awfully easily... almost as if you didn't really bother to read KAAG and think through his alignment. Which really makes me wonder why you approached things that way.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

PS Obviously never mind if you and YA quick hammer ftw. If so, well played to hide that team. If not... we will have words. A lot of words. And a grindingly, agonizingly, horrifically, slow pace on D4. Just the way you like it :lol:
(actually I doubt it'll really be that slow on D4. But it won't be a super quick vote by me either).
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:32 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 3.5

SummerInWonderland (0) -
YawningAngel (2) - Almost50, KickAssAndGiggle
mhsmith0 (0) -
Almost50 (1) - YawningAngel
KickAssAndGiggle (1) - SummerInWonderland

Not Voting: mhsmith0

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Day 3 deadline is Saturday April 23rd at 1:00 pm PDT which is in (expired on 2016-04-23 13:00:00)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1410, mhsmith0 wrote:And I think you already know what I mean.

No, I don't. Honest! You do want to lynch scum, right?

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:34 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1414, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1410, mhsmith0 wrote:And I think you already know what I mean.

No, I don't. Honest! You do want to lynch scum, right?

If you're not a wolf, we will have words over this. The answer should be super obvious.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:43 am

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

You'll only be having words in the aftermath...as soon as YA is online, the game is over. One of you is scum, and YA is guaranteed to be your partner. The fact that Almost50 made a case on smith rather than myself has frankly befuddled me...I think I still lean towards Almost as scum but as YA is the only partner for both of you, he's the lynch. But either through good scum play or bad town play, smith's case on me (which was terrible, just like on Ircher) has convinced Summer.

I hesitate to mention it and wouldn't if we weren't about to lose but YA is over the prod deadline...and it will be his third prod.
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:27 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

If it's a50/ya, then we're just waiting for ya to show up and end the game (if summer let it hang this long she isn't switching). If it's not a50/ya, then kaag is a wolf.

I really don't think it's a50/ya, so...
VOTE: Kaag

A50, if it's ya and you, you win, and you can hammer and put this game out of its misery. If it's not, then it MUST be kaag or me. And it's not me, your wacky theories aside.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:36 am

VOTE: KAAG
force
you to be right...
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:37 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Guess we were right then. Solid game kaag. You did really well. I'll happily play with you again.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:38 am

;)
force
you to be right...
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:39 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Ps a50: NOW do you believe me? You will have a LOT of questions to answer on d4 for your d3 conduct. You know this. The more you say now, the better.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:45 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcGQpjCztgA
:D

This is my second ever legit wolf catch, and my first outside a turbo. I am super happy about this. Especially since it was NOT easy or obvious. At all. I fought hard to lynch ircher and was wrong. Fighting hard for this and being wrong again would have SUCKED. If nothing else I won't have to apologize to town post game for screwing it all up. One more lynch and we can take it home. Now where is my coin... :lol:

Ps kaag, you really did play really well. You just played a better wolf game than you did a town game.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:55 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

twilight thoughts: YA isn't totally out of the woods yet, but A50's train wreck puts him in higher suspicion. I will need to spend time re-reading KAAG to see if I can grab anything truly incriminating on his buddy.

A50: please give me a few links to games where you subbed in, preferably at least one as town and one as wolf. Not ASAP but this WILL be coming up on D4.

PS @Summer: we're a "pick one from two" away from winning. And I have NEVER won a "real" (non turbo) forum mafia game (0-3 and counting :( ). I am super excited. Losing really sucks. No longer losing would be awesome.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1421, mhsmith0 wrote:Ps a50: NOW do you believe me? You will have a LOT of questions to answer on d4 for your d3 conduct. You know this. The more you say now, the better.

I don't see what IS there to explain? I'm not even clear on why Scum!KAAG would hammer himself. He could've waited for either me or YA to do it. In fact, YA hammer would've implicated me more. I clearly said it was either me + KAAG or YA + smith, and with KAAG flipping scum at the hands of smith + YA I would've been the next lynch for sure. Even if I was the hammerer it would've been portrayed as a last resort bussing act and I would still get lynched next.

We KNOW it's not smith + KAAG (I think we can all agree on that one). If KAAG is indeed scum then we have both smith & Summer as confirmed townies, and it's between me and YA. The good news is YA will have to either kill SUMMER or not kill at all. If he kills her then -at least- I've got smith around to figure it out. If he doesn't kill it will be complicated for him bc he will have to convince them both to vote me for his win.

The one thing I would like to ask you smith is to weigh things up a little. Why would scum!me play that gambit and obv myself siding with my scum buddy?? As I said before, I could've just pushed for the YA lynch keeping suspicion on both of you (smith & KAAG), because all I would have needed is to get YA lynched for the scum to win. However, I didn't do "just" that (push YA) but went through the trouble of reading through the whole game and build a case of you. In fact, that's almost all I did.. pursue your case.. not YA's. *Shrug*

I guess you've got take it on faith and gut tomorrow. Win or lose, you played well.. and if you lynch me you can still blame the loss on me.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”