RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I don't need to.

I just need to convince them it's the optimal play regardless of your alignment; which it is.

Especially considering you tried to get me to lynch you instead of Thor yesterday which is WTF?
Last edited by Shadowmod on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

I wanted a Thor lynch. I recall being okay with Grendel lynch if Thor would be next. Not so sure about wanting my own lynch over Thor's tho. I don't think I said that?

Reference the posts you're talking about and I'll explain them to you. Because it sounds like you misread something.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:26 pm

In post 508, Grendel wrote:
In post 494, Thor665 wrote:

@Grendel - you ducked explaining how I was chainsawing you. I'll ask again - can you describe how I was chainsawing for you? Because I wasn't, and that two people are using that case while neither is explaining it does not hang well with me.

Also, can you explain how I wasn't forthright in calling you scummy? I pretty much opened the day saying "I find Grendel scummy because of Micc's reads" how could I have been more "forthright" exactly?

Thor, you’ve been saying I’m scummy for a while now, but aren’t voting me. You’ve certainly inferred that you thought I was scum, but for the most part you’ve just said “x thing is something scum would do”, or “I think that was scummy” but you never openly went full circle and said, “So i think Grendel is scum, and we should lynch him tomorrow”. The closested you got to that was saying you wouldn’t be opposed to a Grendel lynch. The whole thing feels like you would like to see me lynched, but don’t actually want to dirty your hands to do it. That's why I don't think you've been really forthright.

There were multiple times in your discussion with RC where RC said to lynch Grendel. Not necessarily at you, some was to others in the game, you still could have addressed that further though. Instead you were talking about Pants, then after voting RC you talked RC’s scum playing ability, and kept focusing your energies on him even when it wasn’t getting anything done, when RC just wanted to talk about me. The overarching theme of discussion between you two was that RC wanted you to vote me. So while he tried talking you out of a Pants lynch, you both know that the discussion would come back to me. You also knew that RC’s ultimate goal was to lynch me today. So you could afford to go after RC in a manner that would be interpreted as an attempt to move discussion away from me, and make it about RC, because that’d only make RC want to lynch me more. When i flip town however, your actions wouldn’t seem scummy b/c you were directing talk away from town to your new suspect RC who just got a townie lynched.

What I’m saying is the while Pants is who you were both talking about at the time- the underlying point would come back to me. Like the RC defending Pants is a subplot in a chapter about RC leading a lynch on me. So the fact that you started going after RC during the Pant’s subplot doesn’t mean you weren’t aware of the directions things were taking. Eventually it has to come back to me, and it’d be good for you to look like you were against RC who will be the one leading my lynch. It’s not like RC has been obscure about his platform. Now though, since RC is calling you out, and willing to lynch you. Even if it’s for something as vapid as play style. You’re trying to discredit others observations of your activities. Which i suppose is part of the game, there would be much going on without debates. However, I don’t get why disagreeing with you makes me scummy though. It seems the "hypothetical" plan i’m referring to is giving way. Given that its beginning to look like I'm not getting chopped today.

Thor665 wrote:

Your case reads like weaselly bull hookey - can you clarify any of it? Or will you ignore my question again because you're scum with RC?

Then lynch me, because you’re going to have a harder time getting RC out of the picture then you will me. Also it appears that's the only way RC will reveal his case on me, and I'm becoming increasingly interested in this smoking gun that'll apparently get me insta-lynched.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Grendel »

First paragraph was how Thor wanted a Grendel lynch but wasn't committed.

Second paragraph was about how Thor was indirectly pushing you to lynch me harder, whilst Thor would remain clean from my lynch.

Third paragraph, was a summary/rephrasing.

I'm guessing its this last bit that bugs you. I like others to be open with me, you were withholding information on me, and I felt I had a right to know your thoughts. Also, I thought that if I were to be lynched at any point it'd look better for you who I thought was being pretty townie to have actual reasoning out in the open so people wouldn't think your accusations were baseless. So I was trying to be helpful really.
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:38 pm

Post by Shadowmod »

Code: Select all

GENERATE />_ vote_count PARSE $curphase
parsing votes
. . . .
generating vote_count
  project PK8D3ZND
  3rd testing cycle
  +———————————————————————————————————————————————————————+
  | VOTE COUNT                                            |
  |  MONOGARDEN       [ 2 / 3 ]                           |
  |    Grendel          Pants98          ·                |
  + · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · +
  |  GRENDEL          [ 1 / 3 ]                           |
  |    RadiantCowbells  ·                ·                |
  +–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––+
  |  NOT VOTING       [ 2 / 5 ]                           |
  |    Orange           monogarden       ·                |
DONE.
/>_
3RD TESTING CYCLE
(expired on 2016-05-03 17:00:00)

/>_
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
Pants98
Pants98
Goon
Pants98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:40 pm

Post by Pants98 »

I'm still not voting Grendel. Why bother when Monogarden is scum anyways? Also I would really like to hear something from Orange.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:07 am

Fuck it.

I'll reread this: but don't expect my vote to change.
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Shadowmod »

RUN ACTIVCHK
  activity check running
  . . . .
  idle test subjects detected.
    ID# 1  NAME monogarden
    ID# 4  NAME Pants98
    ID# 5  NAME Grendel
    ID# 6  NAME Orange
  PROD $prevlist $all
  . .
  prods sent.
  DONE.
DONE.
/>_

Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Grendel »

I'm here Shadowmod.

I don't think I've heard Orange's opinion on my lynch yet.
monogarden
monogarden
Goon
monogarden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by monogarden »

In post 583, Grendel wrote:I'm here Shadowmod.

I don't think I've heard Orange's opinion on my lynch yet.

Same and same.
Pants98
Pants98
Goon
Pants98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by Pants98 »

We haven't heard Orange's opinion on anything related to D3.
monogarden
monogarden
Goon
monogarden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by monogarden »

In post 585, Pants98 wrote:We haven't heard Orange's opinion on anything related to D3.

Maybe he's just sad his buddy got killed.

Orange, seriously though, I'd like to hear where you stand.
monogarden
monogarden
Goon
monogarden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by monogarden »

Pants, do you have a reason I'm scum other than my vote timing?
Pants98
Pants98
Goon
Pants98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:46 pm

Post by Pants98 »

In post 587, monogarden wrote:Pants, do you have a reason I'm scum other than my vote timing?

A:To start you and RC are the only people who would benefit from killing Hobbes, and we both know RC isn't scum.

B:On D1 you thought Grendel was scum. On D2
Pants98
Pants98
Goon
Pants98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Pants98 »

Thanks Windows 8 for posting while I'm typing something. Let me try that again.
Pants98
Pants98
Goon
Pants98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:06 pm

Post by Pants98 »

A:You and RC are the only people who would benefit from killing Hobbes, and we both know RC isn't scum.

B:On D1 you thought Grendel was scum. On D2 you had Grendel as your top town read with no explanation for the change. On D3 you posted this:
In post 529, monogarden wrote:
In post 528, RadiantCowbells wrote:Weird ass NK.

Agreed.

VOTE: Grendel

You and Hobbes were my top two choices for Thor's partner. So this makes my first vote easy.

Last time I checked they were tied for your top town read.

C:When questioned about your vote you would always change your vote to what the person who questioned you wants. Like when you voted Thor or Unvoted Grendel. I'm pretty sure you unvoted PC because people were looking at everyone who voted him.

monogarden wrote:
In post 585, Pants98 wrote:We haven't heard Orange's opinion on anything related to D3.

Maybe he's just sad his buddy got killed.

Orange, seriously though, I'd like to hear where you stand.

If you actually scum read Orange I'm incredibly interested to hear why.
Orange
Orange
Townie
Orange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:16 am

Post by Orange »

Catching up.
Orange
Orange
Townie
Orange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:25 am

Post by Orange »

#555 - You're voting Grendel but if you think Pants quickhammering is bad then why aren't you voting him? You make it sound as if Pants is the real scum.
#556 - Agreed.
#565 - Fine.
#566/588 - You sound like you are beyond help on anybody other then a Grendel lynch.

Legitimately, I want a Monogarden lynch today. I'll explain it in a bit.
Orange
Orange
Townie
Orange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:26 am

Post by Orange »

And yes, I don't think its great to read into night kills that much but Hobbes listed off Grendel as leaning town and Mono as leaning scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:37 am

I am not voting Monogarden today.

we lynch grendel today. it's the correct play.
monogarden
monogarden
Goon
monogarden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:17 am

Post by monogarden »

On my iPad so I'm not going to quote, but to respond to pants.

A. Walk me through how we benefit? Because he was scum reading me? So was Grendel. I think it's just as easy for scum to kill someone who likes them as it is to kill someone who doesn't. Then they can point to them and say "see, their reads were SO GOOD!!!" Or scum could be hunting for the last power role. Or they could be pointing randomly.

B. On D1 when I voted Grendel, you and he were the two people I wanted to pressure and I voted him since you had a ton of heat already. But I liked the response he gave me, so I backed off. Really, Grendel never did anything to make me suspect up him so much as thors actions did. The refusal of thor to vote him or make a case and Grendel removing his vote once Thor was in danger was what put Grendel on my radar.

I think thor tunneled you pretty hard all D1 and D2, pants. It is very difficult for me to see you as his partner. RC was the one who mostly built up the case on Thor. Possible for him to be hardcore bussing, but I think it's unlikely. That leaves Grendel and orange. And as I said, thors interactions with them. Ames me focus on Grendel.

C. I'll check later when I'm on a computer, but I don't think so. I invoked PC originally because I didn't want him to be hammered on page two. I invited Grendel because I liked his response. The. I out my vite back in PC and held it there through his death. You can check, I don't remember if I voted anyone else in D2 other than Thor. But I as I said, I had already voiced my suspicions of Thor and was just waiting for a vote count to make sure he wasn't at l-1 already. I didn't want to hammer unexpectedly. Once I saw the votes and Grendel removed his, I was free to out mine in and hold it.

The orange comment was a joke :)
monogarden
monogarden
Goon
monogarden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:22 am

Post by monogarden »

In post 592, Orange wrote:#555 - You're voting Grendel but if you think Pants quickhammering is bad then why aren't you voting him? You make it sound as if Pants is the real scum.
#556 - Agreed.
#565 - Fine.
#566/588 - You sound like you are beyond help on anybody other then a Grendel lynch.

Legitimately, I want a Monogarden lynch today. I'll explain it in a bit.

I'll wait to respond until your longer explanation is up. Just please don't vote and hammer.

My vote is still on Grendel but I removed it to reduce the threat of hammering (although I'm much less worried about him). I'd appreciate it if either Grendel or pants would unvote so that scum can't hammer if I'm wrong about Grendel. You don't need to move it to someone else, I'm just worried about dying unexpectedly.
Pants98
Pants98
Goon
Pants98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:32 am

Post by Pants98 »

I won't unvote because no scum should be dumb enough to hammer and think they can somehow avoid being lynched this late in the game. I'll respond to #595 soon.
Pants98
Pants98
Goon
Pants98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:14 am

Post by Pants98 »

In post 595, monogarden wrote:On my iPad so I'm not going to quote, but to respond to pants.

A. Walk me through how we benefit? Because he was scum reading me? So was Grendel. I think it's just as easy for scum to kill someone who likes them as it is to kill someone who doesn't. Then they can point to them and say "see, their reads were SO GOOD!!!" Or scum could be hunting for the last power role. Or they could be pointing randomly.

B. On D1 when I voted Grendel, you and he were the two people I wanted to pressure and I voted him since you had a ton of heat already. But I liked the response he gave me, so I backed off. Really, Grendel never did anything to make me suspect up him so much as thors actions did. The refusal of thor to vote him or make a case and Grendel removing his vote once Thor was in danger was what put Grendel on my radar.

I think thor tunneled you pretty hard all D1 and D2, pants. It is very difficult for me to see you as his partner. RC was the one who mostly built up the case on Thor. Possible for him to be hardcore bussing, but I think it's unlikely. That leaves Grendel and orange. And as I said, thors interactions with them. Ames me focus on Grendel.

C. I'll check later when I'm on a computer, but I don't think so. I invoked PC originally because I didn't want him to be hammered on page two. I invited Grendel because I liked his response. The. I out my vite back in PC and held it there through his death. You can check, I don't remember if I voted anyone else in D2 other than Thor. But I as I said, I had already voiced my suspicions of Thor and was just waiting for a vote count to make sure he wasn't at l-1 already. I didn't want to hammer unexpectedly. Once I saw the votes and Grendel removed his, I was free to out mine in and hold it.

The orange comment was a joke :)

A:I think Grendel explains this pretty nicely:

In post 556, Grendel wrote:

Hobbes death wasn’t random imo. If you checked what Hobbes said and did yesterday you would ascertain that not only was he leaning town on me, but was leaning scum on Monogarden. Or at the very least thought she’d be a viable scum buddy to his prime suspect Pants. Post 485 is a good example of Hobbes's opinions, and was one of his last posts too.

In post 485, HobbesDuncan wrote:

I think I could believe Mono on scumteam over Orange.

As to the whole "Thor/RC/Grendel/Mono" thing, uh...

I like and agree with Grendel's case on Mono. RC still hasn't posted their case on Grendel, so I'm still not seeing any reason to see Grendel as scum. Thor and RC... I'm not viewing either of them as particularly scummy, and honestly I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what exactly the cases they have against each other are, but I think I'd put Thor as scummier than RC at the moment. Could switch if RC never actually posts their full cases.

So. Pants is still my prime suspect, then Mono, then Thor. Orange, you're fairly null now, slight town lean. RC and Grendel both seem fairly town, but that's a grey area until I know RC's case.

Now with Thor flipping mafia I’m much less inclined to think Pants is scum. The two don’t seem to be a viable scum team to me.

But back to the main point, I’d wager that Hobbes was pretty sure i’m town. Whoever night killed Hobbes didn’t want him defending me today, as at that point Orange, and Pants were getting null reads from me, but Hobbes thought i was fairly town putting me near RC as a town read. So the last mafia wanted to have people around today who weren’t pro-grendel so I’d be easier to lynch. Who was the one who went right after me today? Yep, Monogarden. That, and the fact that Hobbes listed Monogarden as a scum lead of his pretty much solidifies my feelings on Monogarden. Monogarden would have to pull some mighty fine smooth talking to get past my radar at this point. There is nobody else I find nearly as scummy.

B:Why didn't you bring that up during D2? What about Hobbes? Why was he your top town read in D3
Pants98
Pants98
Goon
Pants98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Pants98 »

And it happened again. I'll get back to writing it now.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”