Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

I have no words for you if you're town and after replacing into the game d3 trying to lynch gunsmith, d4 kirroha, you finish off d5 losing lylo.
Like if you're saying you couldn't townread me from our exchange d4/5 and lynch off day 1-2 I won't even bother.

FYI the scramble near day 1 end was because it was going to be no-lynch and I'm one of a few people who were really trying to stay around to avoid it.
deranged and incoherent
?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 8:15 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 2050, Raskolnikov wrote:I have no words for you if you're town and after replacing into the game d3 trying to lynch gunsmith, d4 kirroha, you finish off d5 losing lylo.
Like if you're saying you couldn't townread me from our exchange d4/5 and lynch off day 1-2 I won't even bother.

FYI the scramble near day 1 end was because it was going to be no-lynch and I'm one of a few people who were really trying to stay around to avoid it.

See this ... this makes me very nervous. There's a huge undercurrent of Appealing to Fear (Losing in LYLO) and discrediting with slanted facts in this response. Where have I said I've made up my mind? In fact clearly the fact that I need to read IAI shows I'm not clear on my decision. But it is somehow like you expect that I should forget the early part of the game and only lean on the last Day or so. That's piss-poor play for Town to make.

Fact remains I can see some suspect play in both your ISOs. Clearly I did with Synd. And you didn't seem to have a problem when I posted my re-read of him Day 1 to 3. So what about me doing the same to you should be any different?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

If I'm "appealing to fear" that's because I myself am upset at the possibility of losing this game despite being right on my scumreads for most of the game and I hate being this scenario where I can't do anything but just "hope" and "trust" other people to play it well. I probably shouldn't take it out on you but I am pretty invested in this and I'm starting to get flashbacks to my last Lylo (where I was really upset and it got me mislynched for "AtE"..). If syn and imp scum win this game having put literally 0 effort into it I just don't know.

Whatever, I'll let you finish and maybe come in later for any questions. I'll try to calm down.
deranged and incoherent
?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 8:47 am

In post 2052, Raskolnikov wrote:If I'm "appealing to fear" that's because I myself am upset at the possibility of losing this game despite being right on
my scumreads for most of the game
and I hate being this scenario where I can't do anything but just "hope" and "trust" other people to play it well. .

See the bolded is a point I don't believe. Why do you think you have been "on point most of game"? The only possible scum you bounced around on Day 1 was Robster (BBT was Town as was IAI and Tojam) and your push on that slot was basically non-existent Day 1. You participated in the Beeboy mislynch Day 2. Only 1 scum has been lynched so far Day 3 and guess what - all three of Synd, myself and yourself were on the wagon. So I don't see how your reads are so spot on and you are so frustrated when you aren't statistically any better than any other living player. You only pushed Synd yesterday and if Kirroha getting lynched in his place is the source of all this rage then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Frankly this is a hot button issue for me because I see far too much crowing on the site since my return about how much better people's reads are than everyone else. And i loathe it.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

We'll talk about it post-game, I'm sorry if I come off condescending or arrogant. Ironically enough your responses do just convince me further because I'm townreading you for them; from my pov you town and gif/imp not being a possible team confirms my syn read. But I know you can't just take my word for it and we can't really resolve this discussion in any meaningful way just through the nature of the situation, I'll drop the subject.

If you think about it there are 3 possibilities here
a) We're both town and that means I'm right about my reads (at least syn) and most of what I'm saying.
b) You're scum, and that means this conversation is meaningless anyways because I'm not actually annoying you (scum obviously don't care when criticized for wrong reads). I doubt this; if you're scum here that would make you one of the top 3 scum I've ever played with for that d4 play.
c) I'm scum and that means what I'm saying is complete bullshit anyways so the criticism is irrelevant anyways
and in all 3 there's no situation in which I'm town talking to you town whilst being wrong about my reads. I wish you good luck though.
deranged and incoherent
?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2016 8:35 am

OK Implosion really needs to get in here and give content. As does Synd.

And, well, GiF's replacement too but I can't call them out by name.

Metrion
Metrion
Goon
Metrion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Metrion »

Implosion has been prodded
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

zzzzzzz
deranged and incoherent
?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by implosion »

I was looking at moi's recent gr interaction reads and also started isoing gr. I think the one read that I'm almost certainly not going to change is moi-town. If that slot is scum then I'm honestly just really impressed with rubixxx's play. MoI's play has been fine but I honestly haven't been putting a lot of effort into reading it and the more I think about how strongly I felt rubixxx was town back when he was here the more I think that's the read that I have to just accept.

Which leaves three possible teams which moi reminded me is actually really interesting given gr's posting like . Where he says his three top scumreads are those three slots. And that post in particular... it's interesting. And also They make me doubt that it's gr+gif+synd moreso than gr+gif+rask. The way that rask is sort of there as the third option feels like something that would be more likely than him essentially treating his two scumbuddies as the two best lynches and a townie as the third. The way that he talks to rask in the 1260s also feels off, the way that he talks about rask progressing from 1253 to them. It feels like he's still testing the waters to a degree but doesn't want to commit to a second bus. Notably I'm also pretty much ignoring the possibility of synd+rask (it's both unlikely and irrelevant for the purposes of which of the two is a better lynch today).

I think moi being town is the assumption I have to make. And looking more at things makes me feel like it's rask+gif again.

Sorry for not really posting much but I didn't really have much to say until I realized just now that there are so few possible teams if I just assume moi is town and I think it's the safest assumption to make. It's annoying that for i think the fourth time now we have to deal with a slot that is literally just completely absent (first with shortcut, then nino, then kirro and now gif). It's really the biggest thing that's been sapping my motivation because of how I look at games. But I suppose if there's one slot that I don't really strictly need to be here to figure out the game it's that one given that I don't think there's any likely team that doesn't have gif-scum.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Syndesis »

almost through the RL rough patch yay! case is still coming SoonTM because cases take evidence (eugh) and effort and a few hours of sit-down reread and more than two brain cells and I have zero of those things right now. but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Magna, are you looking particularly for the case on Ras or just content in general? if in general is there anything specific you'd like me to talk about? I can probably ramble about my feelings about someone if that would be helpful.

it's scary how much I agree with implosion to be honest .-. but I'm still pretty sure Ras is scum. I doubt Magna + Ras on this page is scum theater (or maybe it's really good theater but quite frankly I'm not going down
that
rabbit hole) which would corroborate my Magna townread (yay).
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 2:17 am

In post 2058, implosion wrote:But I suppose if there's one slot that I don't really strictly need to be here to figure out the game it's that one given that I don't think there's any likely team that doesn't have gif-scum.

GiF’s possible replacement isn’t getting lynched today. Not a chance. Or more precisely not a chance unless some incredibly stupid Town votes for them. GiF and you are both Gunsmith clears. No reason to vote or even look there if we don’t get the other partner today.

I guess what I am saying is I’m wondering why you are spending your time even bothering to look at GiF today given that slot can be sorted out Day 6 if we make it that far.

I’m far more concerned with who of myself-Rask-Synd is scum in your eyes. At least one of us has to be.

In post 2059, Syndesis wrote:Magna, are you looking particularly for the case on Ras or just content in general? if in general is there anything specific you'd like me to talk about? I can probably ramble about my feelings about someone if that would be helpful.

I want to see your thought process as to who you think is scum between Rask and myself and why. Reasons. Posts either quoted or linked with reasoning on why you see it from a scum perspective.
As said above – Implosion and GiF will have to be sorted after today given the Gunsmith info.

Metrion
Metrion
Goon
Metrion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Metrion »

Virtue has replaced GuyinFreezer.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Oh hey "virtue". I believe we've played before.
I wonder what may have prompted you to replace into this.
deranged and incoherent
?
Virtue
Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Virtue »

Reading now.

VC please
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:57 am

In post 2063, Virtue wrote:Reading now.

VC please

Welcome Virtue.

There are no votes cast.

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

We're basically lynching between me and syn today, so you can focus your catchup there.
VC is completely blank as it's LYLO.
deranged and incoherent
?
Virtue
Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Virtue »

Have the pairings been decided (meaning X's partner must be Y)? Why the focus on you two?

Can someone make an accurate first post for me? I see BBT posting on page 1, but I have zero idea who he is. There are a lot of replacements. The mod also did not state who died versus being lynched
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 4:11 am

In post 2066, Virtue wrote:Have the pairings been decided (meaning X's partner must be Y)? Why the focus on you two?

Can someone make an accurate first post for me? I see BBT posting on page 1, but I have zero idea who he is. There are a lot of replacements. The mod also did not state who died versus being lynched

Ignore the what Rask said about who is up for today to some degree. Go in looking with an open mind. The only thing that is important is that both Implosion and yourself have Gunsmith clears on you so only one of the two of you can possibly be scum. So you two get a pass for today since a Mafia Doctor flip clears both and nets us a Confirmed Town at 3-person LYLO if it gets there.

Replacements I can think of -

Dierfiere replaced BBT
I replaced Rubixxx
Golden Robster replaced someone who posted like 3 times replace ShortCutButton
You replaced GuyinFreezer replaced Ink.
beeboy replaced Tojam. Forget if there was someone before Tojam.

I think that is all of them. Rask / Implosion / Synd are original players.

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Me, imp, and syn have been here from the start.
MoI replaced rubixxx, you replaced GiF who replaced ink.
The only scum that's flipped has been GR, who replaced TG who replaced shortcutbutton.
Implosion and yourself are gunsmith innos, but with presence of a vig earlier in the game we're thinking one of these could be scum-doctor.

I'm heavily townreading MoI and your slot and convinced it's syn/imp scum.
Syn and imp are pushing me/you scum.
MoI is undecided but I think he's leaning more to the latter and I'm feeling pretty pessimistic right now.

We're lynching within me/syn because it makes more sense than lynching in the gunsmith clears and the key topic of discussion has been whether you think syn/gr day 3 was bussing or not.
deranged and incoherent
?
Virtue
Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Virtue »

First things first, this is lylo, fuck optimal. I am going to vote the person who I find is the most scummy. Fuck GS clear or not.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

I'd gladly lynch implosion but if MoIs town and refusing to lynch outside of the clears we don't have a choice.
Functionally the order in which we get syn/imp is irrelevant though, as is the order if we don't and mislynch.

Technically MoI wanting to lynch outside of the clears would be a bit of evidence against syn/moi and a tiny bit for imp/moi but I'm pretty certain MoI's town from d4/5 anyways; read my exchange with him.
If you can see a different scumteam from syn/imp feel free to mention it and I'll tell you why I think you're wrong, I've looked into every possibility at least three times by now.
deranged and incoherent
?
Virtue
Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Virtue »

Well if Mol is town and refuses to lynch in me/Imp, then that position would naturally change in an Imp scum world provided I read him correctly. I think that's getting ahead of things though.
Virtue
Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Virtue »

In post 0, TheCow wrote:
Alive Players

1. GuyInFreezer
    ink

2. Raskolnikov
  3. MagnaofIllusion
    Rubixxx

4. Syndesis

5. implosion

* denotes a prod, bolded names have confirmed.

Dead Players

Spoiler:
No Lynch Day 1
Killthestory
the
[3shot Jailkeeper]
Killed N1
Dierfire (formerly BBT)
the
[Vanilla Townie]
Killed N1
beeboy (formerly toejam)
the
[Vanilla Townie]
Lynched Day 2
I Am Innocent
the
[Vanilla Townie]
Killed N 2
Golden Robster (formerly Tai and shortcut button)
the
[Mafia Goon]
Lynched D3
RadiantCowbells
the
[Gunsmith]
Killed Night 3
Kirroha
the
[Vanilla Townie]
Lynched Day 4
Dwlee99
the
[1shot Vigilante]
Killed Night 4]

Modkilled Players

Spoiler:
Nothing

Golden Robster replaced someone who posted like 3 times replace ShortCutButton
You replaced GuyinFreezer replaced Ink.
beeboy replaced Tojam. Forget if there was someone before Tojam.

I think that is all of them. Rask / Implosion / Synd are original players.
Virtue
Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Virtue »

In post 949, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Like, how are we not lynching Taisho here?

IAI, you should unvote. We have time to swing a wagon.

In post 951, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Where has everyone gone?

Lynching IAI is pretty awful as he is clearly one of towns strongest assets.

Syn/Taisho are today's lynch choices.

In post 954, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Yeah, forgot about implosion. He is also a good lynch choice.

Kill and Rubixx are town though I think.

Hmph...
Virtue
Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2016 6:00 am

Post by Virtue »

In post 1281, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 1143, TheCow wrote:
Vote Count 2.3

beeboy
(4)
: NinoMasaki, kirroha, implosion, Raskolnikov, RadiantCowbells
(L-1)

Ink
(3)
: Golden Robster, Syndesis, Rubixxx
(L-3)

RadiantCowbells
(1)
: ink
(L-5)

Not Voting
(2)
: beeboy, I Am Innocent,
With 11 player alive, majority is 6 today.

(expired on 2016-03-14 18:30:00) remains in Day Two.

beeboy and NinoMasaki are being prodded for inactivity.

We can't no lynch again, so I suggest targeting a lynch within the next 2-3 days.

Right now I have

Beeboy 4
Ink 2
Implosion 2
RC 1
Synd 1

Beeboy not voting

Need to start consolidating votes down to 2 wagons

Of the two above I think I endorse beeboy and implosion the most.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”