They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Nahdia »

Staeg wrote:
In post 283, Nahdia wrote:
In post 113, Florestan wrote:WTF are you guys on.
Do y'all want me to out Maize to prove I know who it is?
My point is that people have already softed that they aren't him and should stop. My loved status is confirmable and will show up in votecounts just TDD have been lazy and haven't done those yet.

Also Fate I asked about that pregame which is why there is that last post to the gamestart.

In post 268, Florestan wrote:First off I love staeg and ari right now. I feel like of every one pushing the 'flores slipped even though its confirmed that he didn't" angle is wrong.
The mod made a mistake and didn't include the name of Maize in my PM but I should've known who it is and I know now.
So uh, which is it?

VOTE: Flores

How is this a contradiction?
It is a contradiction.
First post: "I know exactly who Maiza is."
Second post: "I didn't know, the mod forget to tell me."

Flore just wasn't being totally upfront with us which caused my confusion. Regardless, it's cleared up now.

In post 297, Florestan wrote:It is confirmed I know who Maize is. This doesn't mean I am 100% conftown, probably not actually since mod would probably be reluctant to confirm stuff like they did.
My thoughts as well, but in light of the mod confirmation I don't really wanna vote you anymore.

UNVOTE:
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 9:08 am

Post by Staeg »

To me it seems perfectly clear that something changed between that first and second post, and that it wasn't necessary or even useful to point it out (mod info).
sa vrede?
WhiteLight
WhiteLight
Goon
WhiteLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 9:33 am

Post by WhiteLight »

In post 177, Fate wrote:Look here's my case on Katsuki:

THEY ARE SCUM AND I GUARANTEE IT WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY CREDIBILITY AND BEING
I see, it is a very believable case.

-----------------------------------------------

As far as being loved and its relationship to townie goes. I have my doubts about it being a townie modifier. I see it more as a method of balancing the town with the mafia. I can speculate to why you would lose the modifier because I was scum loved once so I am familiar with how it can be lost assuming it is the same. (never mind it was mentioned later...)

The most people who post the more people I feel have a town mentality or are leaving a good impression on me. Therefore, looking at that loved modifier and the still less the ideal posts I think flores could still be mafia.

I have decided that for the time being Fate is probably town. They have a town lean from me. I see no scum motivation to make such a strong push based on little information and I think the harping on it suggests that there are things to be gained there. If nothing else it will get a reaction from Camn and that will open other angles for the town.

In post 265, Aristophanes wrote:Maiza, like Sziliard, should be treated as superfluous third parties.
Honestly this is my opinion as well.

In post 268, Florestan wrote:Also Cerb how much experiece/how good do you think you are at mafia? (other people can weigh in on this as well)
In my opinion Cerb is very good at mafia, what do you intend to do with this information though. It will be basically useless unless you are trying to figure out who to sheep and in that case you need to make cases for yourself. Plus it is better if you absolutely must you meta, to get your own otherwise people will mislead you.

In post 268, Florestan wrote:This reasoning doesn't logically add up. All this is is Ari trying to outguess the mod about the loved modifier. BTW the way my loved modifier works is that I 100% won't ever be loved in lylo and could lose it earlier, so that added to it being public just makes it a negative modifier. Like I can never catch scum with it and it makes me more likely to get lynched before lylo because of paranoia (if you think I'm mafia you shouldn't trust that I'm telling the truth about my modifier) but I will say that I am pretty sure that mafia don't have negative utility modifiers since the setup seems implicitly townsided. Scum definitely have at least a rolecop and might even have something like a scum vigi.
Okay, I am going to hit this hard and fast. Loved is not a negative modifier. I have had it as scum before. I have claimed it as scum before and never once in my time playing it did I think it was negative. You happened to claim it early. I would have just kept it to myself until it was visible because it is a hidden ace. So your reasoning for why it could not be a mafia ability is weak.

In post 255, Fate wrote:your slot desperately needs to comment on the camntsuki wagon and their alignment

White.
Light.
I'm working on it.~
But I agree that it is a good choice.
VOTE: Camn I think fates would not go out of the way and push it as scum. Plus his reaction of the flore wagon is interesting. This brings it to L-2
WhiteLight
WhiteLight
Goon
WhiteLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 9:33 am

Post by WhiteLight »

That was Suz~
The Daily Days
The Daily Days
Townie
The Daily Days
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:02 am

Post by The Daily Days »

Thor665 replaces alban effective immediately.
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:11 am

Post by heuristically_alone »

In post 268, Florestan wrote:Nahdia needs to take this game more seriously.

Why? Because she agrees that you are scum? a high majority of scum have used your same defense in the past, just saying that they don't know what they're talking about or needs to play the game more seriously.
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:13 am

Post by heuristically_alone »

In post 302, WhiteLight wrote:I have decided that for the time being Fate is probably town. They have a town lean from me. I see no scum motivation to make such a strong push based on little information and I think the harping on it suggests that there are things to be gained there. If nothing else it will get a reaction from Camn and that will open other angles for the town.

For the same reason I was reading Fate as town. Annoying as heck, but hey that is one way to town claim I suppose.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

Read the setup, this looks kind of amusing.

Looks like in a perfect world the assassin guy should claim, act pro town, and help bag one Mafia in exchange for getting to eat the King dude, yeah?
That would make only Mafia the losers - and allow two of three factions their win.
Has the assassin claimed yet?
Also, why are we lynching camntsuki? I wanna be able to leap on that wagon super quick to look pro town by sheeping someone's case.
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:33 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

In my opinion Camntsuki has done nothing but shirk off Fate's accusations and than proceed to be hooked by Flores. By ducking out when Fate was attacking him he was able to quickly shift the doubt that Fate had cast onto Flores again who in my opinion has a townread until future thought and/or slipups.

I am getting some town reads specifically from Cerberus, Ari, Fate and Nahdia and some dwindling feelings about Dwlee but my strongest feeling for scum so far is Camntsuki so pending further thought
VOTE: camntsuki
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:35 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

Annnnnnnnnd I don't know how to vote, sorry it's my first game here I used quick reply and forgot.
VOTE: VOTE: Camntsuki
WhiteLight
WhiteLight
Goon
WhiteLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:38 am

Post by WhiteLight »

In case you are not following that vote is L-1 I believe...

~Suz
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:40 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

L-1 47 hours from game start. :/
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
WhiteLight
WhiteLight
Goon
WhiteLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:43 am

Post by WhiteLight »

UNVOTE:

L-2, let's wait a bit.

~Bee
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

At least get camn back here. *shrug* I don't actually see any sort of case on him, but it's D1, that like...as strong of a case as you can expect.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 311, Cerberus v666 wrote:L-1 47 hours from game start. :/

Why does that concern you?

In post 312, WhiteLight wrote:L-2, let's wait a bit.

~Bee

What are we waiting for?

In post 308, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:In my opinion Camntsuki has done nothing but shirk off Fate's accusations and than proceed to be hooked by Flores. By ducking out when Fate was attacking him he was able to quickly shift the doubt that Fate had cast onto Flores again who in my opinion has a townread until future thought and/or slipups.

Why is Flores so towny to you?
Also, how did Camntsuki shift attention other than just by not being around (basically I'm asking, how do you know it was an intentional strategy as opposed to 'derp, I'mma lurking!'?)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 313, Cerberus v666 wrote:At least get camn back here. *shrug* I don't actually see any sort of case on him, but it's D1, that like...as strong of a case as you can expect.

Who would you rather we lynch and why?
WhiteLight
WhiteLight
Goon
WhiteLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:57 am

Post by WhiteLight »

In post 314, Thor665 wrote:What are we waiting for?
It is in the town's best interest to use day one to work on the case. Nothing good comes from having shortened days as this is when we can work out the game
WhiteLight
WhiteLight
Goon
WhiteLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:57 am

Post by WhiteLight »

~Suz again, who promises to get better at this...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 316, WhiteLight wrote:
In post 314, Thor665 wrote:What are we waiting for?
It is in the town's best interest to use day one to work on the case. Nothing good comes from having shortened days as this is when we can work out the game

Okay.
What do you think we should work out?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 307, Thor665 wrote:Read the setup, this looks kind of amusing.

Looks like in a perfect world the assassin guy should claim, act pro town, and help bag one Mafia in exchange for getting to eat the King dude, yeah?
That would make only Mafia the losers - and allow two of three factions their win.
Has the assassin claimed yet?
Also, why are we lynching camntsuki? I wanna be able to leap on that wagon super quick to look pro town by sheeping someone's case.
This...isn't the worst of plans actually!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Also, welcome Thor! :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
WhiteLight
WhiteLight
Goon
WhiteLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am

Post by WhiteLight »

I remain suspicious of the entire Flors situation. I am aware that is not a popular opinion, however I remain that his posts feel scummy to me.

Yet, I support the Camn lynch. I just worry about rushing the flow of the game.

~Suz
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 11:03 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

So far he is the only one that I can fully see being possible scum because aside from I think 2 serious posts the rest of his have been emotes and shrugging off what people have told him. Also although I may be wrong he is actually currently only at 4 votes hitting a high of 5 but WhiteLight unvoted so back down to 4.

pedit: I personally thought that Flores made a scumslip at the begining along with some other people however than the mod confirmed that there was a mistake and so he actually didn't know the identity of Maiza at the time. However although this confirms he isn't assassin it also doesn't confirm he isn't scum I just think that there isn't enough proof yet so in my mind he there isn't much sketchy about him and it just so happened there was an unfortunate mistake. Regarding the contradiction I honestly view it as a stupid mistake on his part where he got defensive and than afterwards realized that he doesn't have the ID on Maiza and than messaged the mod to get it straightened out.

With Camntsuki even when he was around he didn't make many serious posts often just quoting others and adding emotes even when those quotes were staight accusations from others. Aside from his points on Flores he hasn't really done any I can think of as pro town
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 11:04 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

Also would it be anti town to help the assassin eat Maiza or would it just be a pro strat so that 2/3 groups can win?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 319, Aristophanes wrote:This...isn't the worst of plans actually!

Of course it isn't, I'm sexy and have a big beard.

In post 321, WhiteLight wrote:I remain suspicious of the entire Flors situation. I am aware that is not a popular opinion, however I remain that his posts feel scummy to me.

Why do they feel scummy?

In post 321, WhiteLight wrote:Yet, I support the Camn lynch. I just worry about rushing the flow of the game.

Is there anyone thus far whose lynch you would oppose?

In post 322, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:So far he is the only one that I can fully see being possible scum because aside from I think 2 serious posts the rest of his have been emotes and shrugging off what people have told him.

So your concept is fail at scumhunting = worthy of lynch.
That sounds like a valid case to me.

In post 322, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:pedit: I personally thought that Flores made a scumslip at the begining along with some other people however than the mod confirmed that there was a mistake and so he actually didn't know the identity of Maiza at the time. However although this confirms he isn't assassin it also doesn't confirm he isn't scum I just think that there isn't enough proof yet so in my mind he there isn't much sketchy about him and it just so happened there was an unfortunate mistake. Regarding the contradiction I honestly view it as a stupid mistake on his part where he got defensive and than afterwards realized that he doesn't have the ID on Maiza and than messaged the mod to get it straightened out.

So, basically, you don't see any value in a FLores lynch at this stage.

In post 322, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:With Camntsuki even when he was around he didn't make many serious posts often just quoting others and adding emotes even when those quotes were staight accusations from others. Aside from his points on Flores he hasn't really done any I can think of as pro town

Did his attack on Flores look townish though? You seem to be suggesting that here.

In post 323, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:Also would it be anti town to help the assassin eat Maiza or would it just be a pro strat so that 2/3 groups can win?

It would straight up not be anti town.

Like, if it was 5 alive, King, Assassin, and 1 Mafia - it would be straight up pro town for the King to openly claim and allow the Assassin to eat him.

Also, quite frankly, it is pro-assassin and pro-town for the assassin to claim. The assassin doesn't care about the Mafia, since they can't hurt him, in fact his primary goal is just getting to a situation he can eat the King. The King wants Mafia to lose, but there is nothing in his role that prevents him from winning if eaten - so if he can kill Mafia and be eaten or not eaten it is all the same to him. An Assassin early claim allows town to trust the Assassin's scumhunting, prevents the Assassin from fear of lynch (wherein a late Assassin claim does not) and functionally serves as an Innocent Child for town.

An early Assassin claim would be anti-scum, and make no other difference to the game as far as I can see - because town has better things to do than lynch Assassin.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”