Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:34 am

Post by wgeurts »

The joke feels like he wanted to make a statement and appear likeable, though it's just a tonal thing and shouldn't be assigned much worth. It's not exactly the most objective of evidence however it's all I had to go with at first.

Thoughts on KS's post though?
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:47 am

Post by Murph »

In post 21, wgeurts wrote:
In post 19, Murph wrote:@ Kal and geurts

Why do either of you have suspicions about a single D1 poster ?

Seems more like Seth was acknowledging/poking an acquaintance with a throw-away D1 vote.

If you think it's more nefarious, please share why.
If you noticed I didn't vote, as there are plenty of other explanation for Seth's actions and I stated as such. Instead what I'm more attempting to do is get content building up through posting my thoughts (even if they are pretty much nonsense or as sturdy as a castle made out of sand) and having others react to them, which in turn leads to more reactions by which point the ball is rolling and we can finally play.

On the other hand though seth's post
does
feel quite forced, do you not feel so?[/
quote]

What I interpret from Seth's initial entry post is just that, a first post of the game spiced with an attempt at humor.

I find it difficult to reason anything else. The first post of a game is a mini introduction.

NOW, since Seth has moderate heat, I will follow his next posts quite closely. They should/could be much more telling than an initial jump into the game post.

:popcorn:
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Murph »

nice
Jacked that quote up, didn't I

:shame:
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.1

KaladinStormblessed (0) -
Simoyd (0) -
AlpacaAlpaca (1) - Hoppic
SethYazura (0) -
Murph (0) -
Hoppic (0) -
Raskolnikov (2) - Simoyd, wgeurts
wgeurts (1) - Raskolnikov
RedCoyote (0) -

Not Voting: KaladinStormblessed, AlpacaAlpaca, SethYazura, Murph, RedCoyote

Activity Notes:

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Tuesday May 31st at 7:30 pm PDT which is in (expired on 2016-05-31 19:30:00)

Note: Deadline has been modified to account for the site downtime.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Simoyd »

Totally wrecked it, nice.
In post 20, KaladinStormblessed wrote:Honestly it doesn't seem that suspicious but is the only thing going on, and only meant to note that it different than others and a thing I'm noting in my mental list of things about this game, and as i said didn't want to be silent. If it is a poke at an acquaintance, a noobs game with newcomers to the forum and or game isn't the best place for that.
@wgeurts: Since you asked about P20: I can understand not wanting to be silent, but I think that RQS might have been a better approach rather than sheeping. Or even if he brought up a secondary reason that you didn't bring up could have been okay. Could be new player-ness? I'm new too though, so I dunno. The second sentence really feels like a poor excuse. I think that friends/rivals often poke at each-other in the mafia games I've read (or any game for that matter).

I'm going to point my finger of suspicion at Murph too. He reduced attention on KaladinStormblessed's sheeping and redirected to Seth. Murph and KaladinStormblessed: possible scum pair? I agree with Murph that reading KaladinStormblessed sheeping as scum on page one is very far fetched, but no more far fetched than reading Seth's post as forced, and no more far fetched than my FoS.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:22 am

Post by Murph »

@ Sim

I think you lost me at hello.

How did I reduce attention on Kal when I was calling call Kal and geurts out for the weak sauce they were spreading over Seth's post ? In fact I was the first to state that Seth's post looked more like an attempt at humor than a forced post.

Are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else already ?

As for your FoS, bring it. I'll call attention to forced weak sauce all day long. Besides, it was obvious. You even noted it.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Simoyd »

Seems more like Seth was acknowledging/poking an acquaintance with a throw-away D1 vote.

@Murph: You downplayed both posts in your first sentence, then you encouraged other people to talk more about Seth with your second and third sentance. I have like 15 bottles of this weak sauce, and I need to get rid of it somehow!
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:31 am

Post by wgeurts »

I'm afraid I got you to analyse the wrong post, I meant 18 sorry.
I made a post on it last page.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:37 am

Post by wgeurts »

Also Sim, I'm liking what I'm seeing from you so far. Don't try and piece together any associative tells not based off cold hard flips or a mod-confirmed investigation result, they will collapse on you and it will hurt your game. Basing someone's alignment on someone's else's when you don't even know for sure the first is what you think he is, is a very weak construction and you'll find yourself making many mistakes as a result. You may also accidentally biasing yourself to see someone as a certain alignment which doesn't help either, basically don't do it.

What I'm seeing from KS so far is him copying me, seeming like he's trying to appear useful, justifying his reasons for doing so bordering excessively and then altogether suddenly dropping it, and also stating he doesn't want to appear suspicious. Now these make a lot of sense from a mafia minded point of view, and do so much from a town one. I'm waiting for a response though.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Murph »

In post 31, Simoyd wrote:

@Murph: You downplayed both posts in your first sentence,
( ? )
then you encouraged other people to talk more about Seth with your second and third sentance.
I have like 15 bottles of this weak sauce, and I need to get rid of it somehow!

That is correct.

Sentence one - Seth had one post. Still has one post. I asked each of them how they could find Seth suspicious after one post. That's how you start a conversation. I read about that somewhere...

Sentence two - My interpretation of Seth's post. Pointing out why I felt it lacked suspicion. My contradistinctive contribution to the forth coming conversation.

Sentence three - If they were going to defend their original position then they need to bring more ammo and explain how and why it was suspicious.

So, that FoS you were swinging about, how about IT ? Your reasoning is unjust and quite actually confirms my statements.

:cool:
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Murph »

[quote="In post 33, wgeurts"]Also Sim, I'm liking what I'm seeing from you so far. Don't try and piece together any associative tells not based off cold hard flips or a mod-confirmed investigation result, they will collapse on you and it will hurt your game. Basing someone's alignment on someone's else's when you don't even know for sure the first is what you think he is, is a very weak construction and you'll find yourself making many mistakes as a result. You may also accidentally biasing yourself to see someone as a certain alignment which doesn't help either, basically don't do it.

What I'm seeing from KS so far is him copying me, seeming like he's trying to appear useful, justifying his reasons for doing so bordering excessively and then altogether suddenly dropping it, and also stating he doesn't want to appear suspicious. Now these make a lot of sense from a mafia minded point of view, and do so much from a town one. I'm waiting for a response though.[/
quote]

This is a good observation.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Murph »

In post 33, wgeurts wrote:Also Sim, I'm liking what I'm seeing from you so far. Don't try and piece together any associative tells not based off cold hard flips or a mod-confirmed investigation result, they will collapse on you and it will hurt your game. Basing someone's alignment on someone's else's when you don't even know for sure the first is what you think he is, is a very weak construction and you'll find yourself making many mistakes as a result. You may also accidentally biasing yourself to see someone as a certain alignment which doesn't help either, basically don't do it.

What I'm seeing from KS so far is him copying me, seeming like he's trying to appear useful, justifying his reasons for doing so bordering excessively and then altogether suddenly dropping it, and also stating he doesn't want to appear suspicious. Now these make a lot of sense from a mafia minded point of view, and do so much from a town one. I'm waiting for a response though

This is a good observation

*sigh*
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:44 am

Post by wgeurts »

I made a few typos on my phone in that last post, one being KS's play doesn't make sense from a town point of view.

Also I'm really liking Murph's reaction by the way. That kind of "you're bloody well wrong and can go stuff it attitude" I see a lot from town.

{wgeurts}
{Simoyd, Murph}
{AlpacaAlpaca, SethYazura, Hoppic, Raskolnikov, RedCoyote}
{KaladinStormblessed}
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:45 am

Post by wgeurts »

Why aren't you voting him them?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Murph »

In post 38, wgeurts wrote:Why aren't you voting him them?

To whom was this addressed ?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:51 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 39, Murph wrote:

You.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Murph »

In post 40, wgeurts wrote:
In post 39, Murph wrote:

You.

Are you asking why I am not voting Kal ?

I'd rather the conversation be less confrontational, which I believe a vote would provoke, and more voluntary at this point 2 pages in.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Murph »

There are currently at least 3 players with a single post. I believe there needs to be a whole lot more conversation from everyone before any true assessments can be made.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Simoyd »

In post 18, KaladinStormblessed wrote:It's not as random cause it's the second vote on a person, with no real reason, but follow up votes are more suspicious than the first vote. Also you have a reason, joking revenge vote, he doesn't. I don't like to bounce my vote around so I wait to vote. Yes, I have done mafia before, a few games on gamefaqs, unsure if I'll be able to find links. Almost didn't post it for fear it'd be suspicious but didn't want to be silent.
analyzing because wgeurts asked:

Word on the street is that putting a second vote on someone in RVS is bad form. I don't agree with that. I've seen the accusation several times in games that I've read, but a lot of the time people who do the second vote end up town, so I don't see it as a good reason. I think that can play into the meta, so an alignment indication might depend on things that happen in the future.

I agree that there's not really much evidence on anyone to justify switching from his RVS vote at this point. I think switching would probably be more scum indicating if anything.

I'm skeptical of him not being able to find links to his game, although I don't want to force him to do anything because it may give an unfair disadvantage to him (as both town and scum) compared to other newbs. I'd ask how long ago they were as evidence, but he can just lie so I won't bother.

and I already mentioned my opinion on fear of being silent in a previous post.
In post 33, wgeurts wrote:Also Sim, I'm liking what I'm seeing from you so far. Don't try and piece together any associative tells not based off cold hard flips or a mod-confirmed investigation result, they will collapse on you and it will hurt your game. Basing someone's alignment on someone's else's when you don't even know for sure the first is what you think he is, is a very weak construction and you'll find yourself making many mistakes as a result. You may also accidentally biasing yourself to see someone as a certain alignment which doesn't help either, basically don't do it.

Thanks for pointing this out. I feel like I had a good understanding of associative tells coming into this game, but I'm really grasping at straws at this point. It was certainly not a strong opinion. Gotta start somewhere.
In post 34, Murph wrote:So, that FoS you were swinging about, how about IT ? Your reasoning is unjust and quite actually confirms my statements.
I think that the words you used, and the effects of those words are two separate things. A liar can use the words you did to try and direct attention to Seth. Yes it's associative, and yes it's weak.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Murph »

@ Sim

That made me smile.

TY
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 9:43 am

Post by wgeurts »

Sim, what about the part where he literally states "Almost didn't post out of fear of being suspicious"?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

KaladinStormblessed
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:05 am

Post by KaladinStormblessed »

Yeah I get what your saying, and yeah it sounds scummy, but town wants to find scum without getting confused for scum, and it's happened to me before where I get taken for scum for having suspicions, which in that case were a mostly right (1 or both of pair of suspects ended up being scum iirc) but I died and I think town lost - it's been a year or so since my last game. Don't want to distract the town.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Murph »

Confession is good for the soul. If there is something you want to tell us, now would be the time.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:11 am

Post by wgeurts »

Could you please find an example of a game where something like this happened?
It would make you a lot more believable.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:11 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 47, Murph wrote:Confession is good for the soul. If there is something you want to tell us, now would be the time.
Eh.

Wot.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”