KaladinStormblessed
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:12 am

Post by KaladinStormblessed »

that was a old draft of my post dang it, not what i copied and pasted, but oh well too late. can't even freaking edit to add on what i meant to say so have to double post (maybe), but oh well. Still got suspected for scum with my old games (happened 1-2 years ago 2 years being the first game and a year ago about for my fourth or fifth and most recent), when just clumsy at first.
KaladinStormblessed
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:15 am

and townies don't want to distract from the scum hunt by being suspicious in their hunting, and smart scum would never say they're trying to seem unsuspicious. and as Simoyd said, I probably could find the old games if I wanted to but don't really want to for various reasons.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Murph »

My way of saying that Kal's post was over the top smarmy.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Murph »

In post 50, KaladinStormblessed wrote:that was a old draft of my post dang it, not what i copied and pasted, but oh well too late. can't even freaking edit to add on what i meant to say so have to double post (maybe), but oh well. Still got suspected for scum with my old games (happened 1-2 years ago 2 years being the first game and a year ago about for my fourth or fifth and most recent), when just clumsy at first.

You copied an pasted it ?

Why would you feel the need to do that ?
KaladinStormblessed
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:22 am

I mainly use my phone, and by copy pasting as I draft I can check if any new posts have shown up.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Murph »

Okay, too meta to explore any further.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Simoyd »

I think fear of being perceived as sheeping only happens when you know you have nothing of substance to post. If you're posting substance, then there is nothing to fear to begin with. At the same time, people are crazy and I'm on the internet, so I dunno...

chase the fear.

@KaladinStormblessed: Why does siding with wgeurts make you scared? What did you think we would think was happening? How would you not posting your opinion benefit town?

@wgeurts: What do you think about post 19?

We need more people posting. I'd like to hear everyone else's (not murph and wgeurts) opinion on the second half of post 33 and on post 34 (KaladinStormblessed just ur opinion on 34).
KaladinStormblessed
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:38 am

I thought this very scenario would happen, that it'd seem scummy/sheepy because I was of similar opinion to wgeurts and this kindof thing would happen, but I also figured better to start posting to get conversation going than to be a silent lurker.
and on post 34, I'd offfer up my thoughts but I'm about to be busy and away from the internet for a bit, so later maybe
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Murph »

@ Sim

Don't be shy about it. Get to the point.
What is it about 19 & 34 that you have a problem with ?

In post 56, Simoyd wrote:I think fear of being perceived as sheeping only happens when you know you have nothing of substance to post. If you're posting substance, then there is nothing to fear to begin with. At the same time, people are crazy and I'm on the internet, so I dunno...

chase the fear.

@KaladinStormblessed: Why does siding with wgeurts make you scared? What did you think we would think was happening? How would you not posting your opinion benefit town?

@wgeurts: What do you think about post 19?

We need more people posting. I'd like to hear everyone else's (not murph and wgeurts) opinion on the second half of post 33 and on post 34 (KaladinStormblessed just ur opinion on 34).

In post 19, Murph wrote:@ Kal and geurts

Why do either of you have suspicions about a single D1 poster ?

Seems more like Seth was acknowledging/poking an acquaintance with a throw-away D1 vote.

If you think it's more nefarious, please share why.

In post 34, Murph wrote:
In post 31, Simoyd wrote:
In post 19, Murph wrote:@ Kal and geurts

Why do either of you have suspicions about a single D1 poster ?

Seems more like Seth was acknowledging/poking an acquaintance with a throw-away D1 vote.

If you think it's more nefarious, please share why.
@Murph: You downplayed both posts in your first sentence,
( ? )
then you encouraged other people to talk more about Seth with your second and third sentance.
I have like 15 bottles of this weak sauce, and I need to get rid of it somehow!

That is correct.

Sentence one - Seth had one post. Still has one post. I asked each of them how they could find Seth suspicious after one post. That's how you start a conversation. I read about that somewhere...

Sentence two - My interpretation of Seth's post. Pointing out why I felt it lacked suspicion. My contradistinctive contribution to the forth coming conversation.

Sentence three - If they were going to defend their original position then they need to bring more ammo and explain how and why it was suspicious.

So, that FoS you were swinging about, how about IT ? Your reasoning is unjust and quite actually confirms my statements.

:cool:
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Simoyd »

why do I need to have a problem with them?
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:48 am

Post by Murph »

I honestly don't think you should.

Yet you've suggested that each participant weigh in with an opinion sans guert and, more importantly, me.

Makes me wonder what your intent is and why these two post ?
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Simoyd »

If you have something to weigh in about, then let me know. I assumed you didn't, am I wrong?

My intent is to judge other people's opinions on said posts.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Simoyd »

why not these two posts? What do you think those posts expose?
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Simoyd »

:fritos:
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Murph »

In post 61, Simoyd wrote:If you have something to weigh in about, then let me know. I assumed you didn't, am I wrong?

My intent is to judge other people's opinions on said posts.
I always have opinions.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 11:16 am

Post by Murph »

In post 62, Simoyd wrote:why not these two posts? What do you think those posts expose?

lol, sure why not. At least they are witty and concise.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Murph »

Have a good'n boys

Hopefully we'll have better participation moving forward.

:banned:
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Simoyd »

I see those posts as interpretable, so that other people can post and I can read their opinions. I don't have any substantial problem with them at this point that I haven't already raised.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 11:35 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 13, Simoyd wrote:Hey, the forum is back! Yay!!! \0/

Raskolnikov reminds me of Rakanishu who always kills me with his damn chain-lightning.
*nostalgia trips*
deranged and incoherent
?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 11:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Wow, sorry, guys. Got hit with downtime just as I was getting ready to get on and post. Welcome, all. I'm the IC in this game. If you have any questions about the site or this game (and
only
this game, the cardinal rule of this site is to not talk about other ongoing games that are happening in any other thread whether you are in the game or not), feel free to ask me. Please don't PM me until/unless this game is over. If you want to ask something privately, you should reach out to the Mod of this game (Jackal711). If you want to go above Jackal for whatever reason, the next person is the Newbie List Mod (Mina) and then, finally, an administrator (zoraster, mith or Kison).

With that out of the way, I look forward to reading over the posts made so far this game and catching up.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 14, wgeurts wrote:I fear that half the newbies are going to have to be replaced after the crash :/

Pr-edit:
You literally posted that just before I made this, lol.
In post 15, wgeurts wrote:Also all over you not placing a random vote down any reason for doing so?

So far I've really got no information besides possibly Seth's post which seemed a bit forced, however some people just post like that. Also, I await the accusations of me throwing shade at Seth because he voted me :)
I'm not a big fan of these two posts together. wgeurts is somewhat critical of Seth's first post being forced, but I find his humor similarly forced in .

But really what I want to ask wgerts is about this comment, "all over you not placing a random vote down any reason for doing so?" To whom are you referring?

---
Kaladin 18 wrote:Almost didn't post it for fear it'd be suspicious but didn't want to be silent.
Generally, it's a good rule of thumb to post a lot as town. I think, even if it's just on a subconsious level, people are more inclined to support those that are active and posting more. When you don't post as much, you tend to be perceived as though you're flying under the radar or biding your time, rightly or wrongly.

---
In post 21, wgeurts wrote:On the other hand though seth's post
does
feel quite forced, do you not feel so?
I don't understand why you felt the need to emphasize the word "does". This reads as though your question is purposefully leading.

---

Getting town vibes off Simoyd based on and . Good questions and confident responses.

---
In post 41, Murph wrote:Are you asking why I am not voting Kal ?

I'd rather the conversation be less confrontational, which I believe a vote would provoke, and more voluntary at this point 2 pages in.
I don't find one vote to be particularly "confrontational", as it's generally understood among players that that's the name of the game, but I don't find this scummy either.

I do like your avatar though. What game is that from?
In post 47, Murph wrote:Confession is good for the soul. If there is something you want to tell us, now would be the time.
Heh.
In post 60, Murph wrote:Yet you've suggested that each participant weigh in with an opinion sans guert and, more importantly, me.
This comes across as unnecessarily defensive. If you want to give your opinion, give it. To me it was clear the Simoyd was just making a blanket, "we need more people to chime in" statement. There's no reason to make something out of nothing, in other words.

In any event, I'm certainly not afraid to be confrontational. VOTE: Murph
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Simoyd »

How about you, Raskolnikov? Thoughts so far?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I don't really feel like this game is worth much analysis yet, but to help get it rolling I'll force myself to over-analyse!

I'll also explain something minor that influences my reads (and other peoples I think, even if they don't say it): potential to fake.
Basically, if I think someone is more capable of faking towniness I will be more reserved with that read.
An example being, if we had an IC like nachomamma who I've seen really good at scumplay I would never feel comfortable putting them beyond mild town, even if they "seem" really towny.
This can be from experience, but also from "feel"; if someone sounds really sophisticated and analytical they can feel really scary regardless of experience.
Usually I feel really confident with most of my newbie townreads and don't even discuss them much for it, and hopefully this will help you understand my approach here.

Extremely tentative reads
Simoyd - newbie-townish
Murph - very much into the game, definitely thinking. A tiny bit scary tbh, especially from how confident he sounds.
yogurts - Solid posts, agree in general with his reads. I thought his initial questioning of kala was to help start the game, however at this point he seems to actually suspect him. Asking good questions to all three of murph,sim,kala though I'd almost expect him to vote kala for his suspicion after asking why murph didn't vote. Moderate town, adjusted from his extensive experience.
KaladinStormblessed - feels a bit guarded. First post is actually okay, the rest are answering questions/explaining himself. Pretty null; can't townread him so far from what he's done, but this can go either way more-so than the others posted.
Redcoyote - Throws a lot of shade on yogurts which I don't agree with. I don't understand their reasoning for their vote on murph (how was that overly defensive?).
Not enough information {Hoppic, SethYazura, peoplewhohaven'tposted}

VOTE: Redcoyote
If he voted someone for minor things/posts while admitting they were minors, I wouldn't mind. But I feel like he's exaggerating how bad certain posts are to provide backing for his vote. But it's not necessary to be confident in your vote this early in the game, it actually is supposed to be weak and tentative; you don't have to stretch things...
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 72, Raskolnikov wrote:I don't really feel like this game is worth much analysis yet, but to help get it rolling I'll force myself to over-analyse!

I'll also explain something minor that influences my reads (and other peoples I think, even if they don't say it): potential to fake.
Basically, if I think someone is more capable of faking towniness I will be more reserved with that read.
An example being, if we had an IC like nachomamma who I've seen really good at scumplay I would never feel comfortable putting them beyond mild town, even if they "seem" really towny.
This can be from experience, but also from "feel"; if someone sounds really sophisticated and analytical they can feel really scary regardless of experience.
Usually I feel really confident with most of my newbie townreads and don't even discuss them much for it, and hopefully this will help you understand my approach here.
Worth noting I wrote this before I saw redcoyote's post, which is actually interesting and worth analysis; my effort here to talk about things until something interesting happened was actually entirely unnecessary.
deranged and incoherent
?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't think it's necessary to qualify every comment/vote with "keep in mind, this is early" "this is a weak read" "I'm not too sure about this" etc, etc. I think it undercuts the purpose of the vote. Was your question about my Murph vote rhetorical?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”