Newbie 1707 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by SethYazura »

From what I've observed so far only the ppl who has made the analysis of scum so far are town.
The difference between a mafia and a town is that you don't feel alone
A mafia is an organization, which in turn form greater bonds
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.2

KaladinStormblessed (0) -
Simoyd (0) -
AlpacaAlpaca (1) - Hoppic
SethYazura (1) - Simoyd
Murph (2) - RedCoyote, SethYazura
Hoppic (0) -
Raskolnikov (1) - wgeurts
wgeurts (0) -
RedCoyote (1) - Raskolnikov

Not Voting: KaladinStormblessed, AlpacaAlpaca, Murph

Activity Notes:

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Tuesday May 31st at 7:30 pm PDT which is in (expired on 2016-05-31 19:30:00)
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 125, SethYazura wrote:From what I've observed so far only the ppl who has made the analysis of scum so far are town.
Who do you mean and why do you think they're town?

Does it bother you that a lot of people see you as scummy?
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:11 am

Post by Murph »

Good morning y'all

:coffee:
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Murph »

In post 124, Hoppic wrote:
In post 113, Murph wrote:I think you may have stepped in it, Hop.

I'll be than happy to explain any post of mine that you don't understand.
Thanks okay, what do you mean by saying that I've "stepped in it"? Stepped in what?

@ Hop
In post 111, Hoppic wrote:
In post 110, Simoyd wrote:@Hoppic: Raskolnikov has posted a lot. Does he not stand out a bit too? What do you think?
I can't really understand what she (?) is saying. A few players in this game are like that for me: raskolnokiv, you a bit and Murphy. Maybe others. I can understand individual words and sentences but overall I don't get it.
This whole post comes across as disingenuous.

Therefore, in this instance, "stepping in it" refers to you making a statement that reads as contrived in an effort to seem as though you are stating something useful. ( you just stepped into a pile of dung )

Both Sim and I said we'd explain any post that you didn't understand. Yet you have not posted, quoted nor bumped any posts for clarification.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:31 am

Post by wgeurts »

Big post incoming.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:48 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

VOTE: Seth
My first pick for scum right now. Incredibly shallow statements () and no evidence of critical thought. Tone feels off in his posts as well, though this is subjective.
If you are town you're going to have to put work into the game, and also explain your "secrets" as most people have already reacted. I'm not really buying you sounding strange on purpose ().

Murph has been a little strange in his manner, sounding very confident and taunting people, but I liked his observations he gave when I asked.
The other people I want to see more from right now are kaladin and redcoyote.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:55 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Oh yeah wgeurts, don't be afraid of sounding repetitive if you're saying any of the same things, that happens to me everytime I'm writing a big post and get ninja'd :P
deranged and incoherent
?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:57 am

Post by wgeurts »

{wgeurts}
{Simoyd, Raskolnikov}
{Murph}
{AlpacaAlpaca, Hoppic}
{KaladinStormblessed, RedCoyote}
{SethYazura}

KaladinStormblessed

Kaladin's first post () doesn't sit well with me, it literally seems like he's just parroting what I said which could be a grasp at seeming useful and him not voting didn't help much either. I of cause start to push for this, to figure out what he's thinking. His first response in post contains some weak justification for his suspicions and also provides a feasible explanation for his lack of vote, all in all this post is fine regarding his level of experience. The one thing in that post that feels off is him saying "Almost didn't post it for fear it'd be suspicious", in my opinion town really shouldn't be focused on what people think of them (yes, this got me lynched a lot in my early games but as you improve the amount that happens decreases too). Mafia have a reason to try and not look suspicious, so I could definetley fit this in as a possible scumslip. In his next post he awkwardly drops the whole thing, as scum this could be him trying to escape pressure (though it can come from town as well, thinking of both motivations is key in this game though). Things start improving slightly after that though, post seems town motivated as he's making a point of arguing why town should attempt to not look like mafia actively, his behaviour hasn't been what I'd expect from newer scum and instead he's making an effort to reach out and show why we are mistaken as town should. It's a shame he's not providing meta though as if he could provide example he would look even better.

All in all I'm happy he hasn't become overly paranoid/defensive, if he had done that we'd be hanging him right now. I'm not town reading him though, as I need to see some proper reads and content from him first. Null really right now.

Simoyd

Sim's first few posts are pretty good for town, I quite like how he instantly starts off questioning me in post . Of cause this could be him defending a scum buddy however this is not something that should be taken into consideration right now. Posts and are good as well, they show logical reasoning and thoughts that seem natural. This is abcked up by the fact he's also following up on these thoughts in his reads and actions, his train of thought is clear and that's what I like to see from town. Him also pushing murf but reconsidering after I gave some input in post is another small thing that I'd expect to see from town sim. Scum, especially newer ones, have the tendency to create a set of reads and never deviate from them. They have a scum read and when they see an opportunity to get them they become much like a bloodhound. Sim's obviously listening to other player's thoughts and considering them, this is a really good sign. He's questioning people and trying to gather information, his push for more activity is also positive. Really I sometimes why he never voted murf so I'd like an explanation there. his most recent vote on Seth is decent as well in post /.

Sim's line of thought is clear for all to see, and it seems to be coming from town right now. If he's scum he's going to have a hell of a time keeping up without slipping somewhere in his narrative.

AlpacaAlpaca

Alpaca's first post is okay I guess (post ), it contains a lot of waffle though. There's some decent analysis but he seems to be all over the place and it's hard to grasp where he's at right now. When he's around to chat I'd like to interact with him to see what his thoughts and views are. I'd like a list of who he thinks is currently town or scum, along with some reasons explaining why. A vote would also be good. If he just coasts by for too long I'll consider pushing him.

SethYazura

Did I mention that seth's post
does
sound forced? :P
Anyway, that post is honestly worth nothing right now. His later posts are a lot more condemning. Post seems quite defensive, stating that he "made it sound strange on purpose" seems a little unbelievable. His reasons for voting murph are also a little worrying: "If we don't lynch Murph now, we are just going to lynch him later because of how dangerous he sounds.
How about we lynch him now and start from there."
That is not a good reason to lynch anyone ever, and the spurring on of a flash-lynch is also nothing good. As town the only reason to justify his actions being that he's from another site where this is common in their meta, if he can provide games if this is the case I'll seriously reconsider. As scum it looks like he's possibly opportunistically jumping onto a popular suspect and trying to get a quick mislynch.

Post doesn't help either: "sadly I can't tell you my secrets" here he claims his first post has some hidden (ever so obviously "pro-town") intention that he can't speak of right now. I have seen scum do this a lot, it makes it seem like you've got something going on and if you're lucky gets people off your back as a result. Read his first post for yourself, there's no way that's moving the game forward or got some super secret intent. Really. Common sense is something I'm known for as a player, more people should apply it. Him also adding a layer of WiFoM by stating he wouldn't do this as scum (so he therefore must be town) seems dodgy too. His most recent post indirectly implies that he's town, it looks like him giving reads but really this post doesn't hold much at all.

Seth, is looking really dodgy right now. Scum.

Murph

Murph's first three posts are fine and I disagree with Sim that they look bad (sorry Sim, I feel you're starting to slightly conf-bias here.) they're not exactly brilliantly town though, his first post that I like is . Here he acts exactly how I would expect town to act in this situation if the genuinely believe what they're stating. It reads like he's wondering "is sim blind?" which is completely valid as the reasons sim went after him for are incredibly weak at that point. This is one of those gem posts you only ever find occasionally. However I can only really summarise his further posts like this: they're rather lacking and don't really contain much content. I mean, they contain the odd question here and there but there's no apparent follow up for anything and he's not pushing anyone. I want a list of reads and reasons from him as well, along with a vote somewhere. He can be weakly town for now.

Hoppic

Hoppic is not providing a lot of content however what's there is okay at most. Posts , and are barely enough to earn him a weak town read. I quite like how he states how it's easier to read someone once you've gotten to know how they think, as that's exactly how I work day 1. Really I'd like a list of reads and reasons for them from him as well, some pushing on someone would also be good.

Raskolnikov

I quite like Rask's thought splurges, his first one in post is pretty good (also I love how he says the game doesn't deserve analysis yet and then goes ahead to make one of the largest analysis of the game at that time). I can understand his reasons behind his reads and they overlap largely with mine which is something I often take into mind (if player's are striving for the same goal you'd hope they draw some similar conclusions right?). Him engaging Sim in post is another good post and really most of his posts since them have been of the same quality/relevance. I'm not sure whether I agree with his read on RC yet though, might change though as I'm about to ISO him soon as well. Town.

wgeurts

I'm town. Duh.

RedCoyote

Not entirely sure what to make of RC's post , his read on me is wrong and weak and he's not really explaining his thoughts in a detailed manner which makes things harder to decipher. His read on me mostly consists of the way I dealt with Seth's first post, I'll say once more that that whole ordeal was there to try and move the game forwards. Tonal reads are often trash, there's only a few that are good at using them and I'm not one of them. I'd like to have more thoughts from him along with a post regarding reads on everyone. I'm not seeing what's rask is seeing though, RC hasn't done anything inherently scummy. His push on me may be weak but it's hard to assign it scum intent right now. Weak push =/= scum.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:57 am

Post by wgeurts »

VOTE: Seth
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:58 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 132, Raskolnikov wrote:Oh yeah wgeurts, don't be afraid of sounding repetitive if you're saying any of the same things, that happens to me everytime I'm writing a big post and get ninja'd :P
My post was bigger than yours :wink:
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:59 am

Post by wgeurts »

Every should be aware that seth is at L-2 now, placing another vote places him at L-1.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:01 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 133, wgeurts wrote:{wgeurts}
In post 133, wgeurts wrote:
wgeurts

I'm town. Duh.
This tilts me. Why do people do this!! :lol:
deranged and incoherent
?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:04 am

Post by wgeurts »

I've got to have fun before getting night-killed for looking the most imposing (my gray name makes me look more experienced, lol. little do they know)
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:04 am

Post by wgeurts »

I can't believe I spelt grey like that.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:15 am

Post by Murph »

@ guerts

Nice snapshot of your thoughts. While I agree with most of them, you failed to address Hop's post

Code: Select all

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7925865#p7925865]post 111[/url], Hoppic"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7925826#p7925826]post 110[/url], Simoyd"]@Hoppic: Raskolnikov has posted a lot. Does he not stand out a bit too? What do you think?[/quote]

I can't really understand what she (?) is saying.  A few players in this game are like that for me: raskolnokiv, you a bit and Murphy.  Maybe others.  I can understand individual words and sentences but overall I don't get it.[/quote]

(trying code :crossesfingers: )
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:16 am

Post by Murph »

good grief
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Simoyd »

I think what Raskolnikov was saying was to use the "post" bbcode tag instead of the "quote" bbcode tag. The code in his post was just to demonstrate the usage of the "post" tag so that you could see it without the forum parsing it into what it ends up looking like, like this:
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Mmm, not too much to say since we agree on most things.
The only thing I can really mention is I think you're overanalysing just a bit, and on for example kali I wouldn't have bothered until they had posted more.
Was a little concerned you were trying-too-hard to look town but quick meta check has you doing this usually.

@Murph I was using code tags to illustrate my point, the actual thing I was suggesting was to just respond to posts like so

my response to this post
deranged and incoherent
?
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Simoyd »

In post 138, wgeurts wrote:I've got to have fun before getting night-killed for looking the most imposing (my gray name makes me look more experienced, lol. little do they know)
I'd like to hear more about exactly how this generates fun for you.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:45 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 144, Simoyd wrote:
In post 138, wgeurts wrote:I've got to have fun before getting night-killed for looking the most imposing (my gray name makes me look more experienced, lol. little do they know)
I'd like to hear more about exactly how this generates fun for you.
Getting killed night one does provide a certain level of satisfaction.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:45 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 140, Murph wrote:@ guerts

Nice snapshot of your thoughts. While I agree with most of them, you failed to address Hop's post

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7925865#p7925865]post 111[/url], Hoppic"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7925826#p7925826]post 110[/url], Simoyd"]@Hoppic: Raskolnikov has posted a lot. Does he not stand out a bit too? What do you think?[/quote]

I can't really understand what she (?) is saying.  A few players in this game are like that for me: raskolnokiv, you a bit and Murphy.  Maybe others.  I can understand individual words and sentences but overall I don't get it.[/quote]

What am I meant to respond to here?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:48 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 143, Raskolnikov wrote:Mmm, not too much to say since we agree on most things.
The only thing I can really mention is I think you're overanalysing just a bit, and on for example kali I wouldn't have bothered until they had posted more.
Was a little concerned you were trying-too-hard to look town but quick meta check has you doing this usually.

@Murph I was using code tags to illustrate my point, the actual thing I was suggesting was to just respond to posts like so

my response to this post
Don't attempt to meta read me.
My early days of mafia were either me getting lynched and the player's who knew me knowing that I always look scummy which helped nobody.
Now I'm aware of my meta and how I act as town, judging me by it in a game may prove harmful.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Murph »

In post 146, wgeurts wrote:
In post 140, Murph wrote:@ guerts

What am I meant to respond to here?
You did not include your thoughts on Hop's statement about understanding posts by the listed players.

So, I am asking now.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 4:07 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 147, wgeurts wrote:Don't attempt to meta read me.
My early days of mafia were either me getting lynched and the player's who knew me knowing that I always look scummy which helped nobody.
Now I'm aware of my meta and how I act as town, judging me by it in a game may prove harmful.
I couldn't do an extended meta read if I wanted to, I had trouble finding scum games from you since like 2014 :P
deranged and incoherent
?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”