Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 4:38 am

Post by Murph »

Okay, forgive me for using the thread as my lab. It was becoming frustrating and I needed to resolve it.

Carry on

:banned:
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 4:40 am

Post by SethYazura »

I'm trying to lure scum to jump on the Murph lynch train, unfortunately the situation changed and turned against me, it's not for the bad though.
UNVOTE: Murph
I'm not surprised I'm at L-2 now, no one wants a person who hides information from town and suggests flash lynching with a lack of reasoning.
The reason I made that first post was to try to distinguish scum from town, how a scum and town would react to an odd doublevote post, this will be useful for me in the future.
The difference between a mafia and a town is that you don't feel alone
A mafia is an organization, which in turn form greater bonds
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 4:48 am

Post by Simoyd »

In post 154, SethYazura wrote:I'm trying to lure scum to jump on the Murph lynch train, unfortunately the situation changed and turned against me, it's not for the bad though.
I'm not surprised I'm at L-2 now, no one wants a person who hides information from town and suggests flash lynching with a lack of reasoning.
The reason I made that first post was to try to distinguish scum from town, how a scum and town would react to an odd doublevote post, this will be useful for me in the future.
So what exactly are the specific results of your experiment?
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 4:53 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

So on the whole matter of Seth, since it's looking pretty precarious for him right now, is that I personally thought his first post was just dumb and I was willing to overlook it as a stupid first post thing to say to sound mysterious or something only on the condition that he than get serious when he next posted but basically he has posted since has been more cryptic with little helpful explanation afterwards. Unless he explain adequately why he did everything I'm going to have to vote for him.

VOTE: SethYazura

Pedit: Dang it Seth the second I say you dont explain you start explaining, all that typing for nothing. Anyways could you explain what you meant in post and I shall unvote until I hear what you have to say

UNVOTE: SethYazura

I can beleive that luring scum was a stategy that couldn't be shared at the time but I still don't like how you worded things and sarcastically answered in post
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:05 am

Post by SethYazura »

In post 125, SethYazura wrote:From what I've observed so far only the ppl who has made the analysis of scum so far are town.
Rarely will you see a scum make a long-ass detailed analysis post, though RedCoyote feels really off with his analysis, that's not what I expect from an experienced town player!
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:08 am

Post by SethYazura »

I will pressure hoppic into giving more input by voting him up, treat it as a prod.
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:20 am

Post by SethYazura »

In post 155, Simoyd wrote:
In post 154, SethYazura wrote: So what exactly are the specific results of your experiment?
The expirement will be worthless until the game is finished
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:21 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

I dont know if you read my post or not but mind answering my questions in my last post
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:35 am

Post by SethYazura »

In post 160, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:I dont know if you read my post or not but mind answering my questions in my last post
Read Post 157#
VOTE: Hoppic
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:45 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

Ok let me ask you something more specific what did you mean in post ? So are you just saying that everyone that had posted an analysis isn't scum period?
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:57 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

@wgeurts

Also just curious how do you phonetically pronounce your name?
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:59 am

Post by SethYazura »

In post 162, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:Ok let me ask you something more specific what did you mean in post ? So are you just saying that everyone that had posted an analysis isn't scum period?
This is a newbie game, a game with the majority of players lacking experience, tell me the chances of a scum newbie making an analysis as detailed as wgeurts.
Raskol did say at one point that he loss the second newbie game because the scum was inactive and he only read the active posters and lynched all of them, who were all towns, let's apply that experience into this game, what if Hoppic and RedCoyote was the inactive scum?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 154, SethYazura wrote:I'm trying to lure scum to jump on the Murph lynch train, unfortunately the situation changed and turned against me, it's not for the bad though.
Wouldn't this fail if murph actually was scum? Does it mean you were truly townreading him at the time?
deranged and incoherent
?
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:10 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

Ok so I see why you are saying and it makes sense for most players in this game however both wgeurts and Raskolnikov are experienced and may have planned on posting a many detailed posts to get people to think exactly what you are thinking now. If they were both newbies I could accept your logic but both have experience.
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:11 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

Wow posting on my phone kills my english
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:34 am

Post by SethYazura »

It's not only luring people, it's to see how Murph would react to players voting him.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Murph »

In post 159, SethYazura wrote:
In post 154, SethYazura wrote: So what exactly are the specific results of your experiment?

So basically your secret strategy was to limp in in hopes of setting a trap for a post river showdown ?

Interesting strategy
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Simoyd »

Hypothetically if Seth is lynched and flips town then we can analyze the wagon, but that applies to any townie so I'm not sure how that provides value to town. I remember reading some things on the wiki about martyrdom being a poor strategy too... Not sure how I feel about this explanation.

@Seth: What is your previous experience with mafia style games? How much have you played before this?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 7:22 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 163, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:@wgeurts

Also just curious how do you phonetically pronounce your name?
I have some other stuff I need to respond to but I'll start here. I mentally pronounce it wuh-gurts.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 8:04 am

Post by wgeurts »

This sounds really weak, and really feels like you trying to correct an earlier mistake to avoid pressure for it. Your spinning a wonderful narrative around you, except I'm afraid it has some flaws. That first post being a reaction test is absolute nonsense, it is obviously a RVS like any other. There is nothing significant about being the second player on an RVS wagon what so ever, nor did anyone react to you doing so thus "it being useful in the future" is utter crumpets as well. This sounds like your starting to trip yourself on the threads you've spun with lies. It's like exclaiming "you shall see the use of my actions in due time" after stealing someone's snack, it simply doesn't add up.
In post 157, SethYazura wrote:
In post 125, SethYazura wrote:From what I've observed so far only the ppl who has made the analysis of scum so far are town.
Rarely will you see a scum make a long-ass detailed analysis post, though RedCoyote feels really off with his analysis, that's not what I expect from an experienced town player!
My first game as scum (and second game here) fully consisted of me spinning huge analysis walls wherever I could. Newer players that draw scum often have the issue that they try
too
hard, and they as such often trip as a result. RedCoyote has barely posted and since that post of his a lot of new information has arisen, he's null.
In post 159, SethYazura wrote:
Now then, logically speaking: if the experiment is useless until the end of the game why are you unable to explain what it is now? Experiments often take time before a conclusion can be drawn, however the methods used to draw a conclusion are known beforehand. Otherwise you're speaking crumpets as I suspect you are.
In post 164, SethYazura wrote:
In post 162, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:Ok let me ask you something more specific what did you mean in post ? So are you just saying that everyone that had posted an analysis isn't scum period?
This is a newbie game, a game with the majority of players lacking experience, tell me the chances of a scum newbie making an analysis as detailed as wgeurts.
Raskol did say at one point that he loss the second newbie game because the scum was inactive and he only read the active posters and lynched all of them, who were all towns, let's apply that experience into this game, what if Hoppic and RedCoyote was the inactive scum?
The chances of a scum newbie making analysis as good as mine is small, however none of them have and I'm no newbie (neither is Rask or RC) so you've officially received no information as such. Congratulations. Keep making this stuff up.
The game's only just begun, way too short to start declaring people are lurkers.
In post 168, SethYazura wrote:It's not only luring people, it's to see how Murph would react to players voting him.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 8:06 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 168, SethYazura wrote:It's not only luring people, it's to see how Murph would react to players voting him.
This also seems like nonsense.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 8:08 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 170, Simoyd wrote:Hypothetically if Seth is lynched and flips town then we can analyze the wagon, but that applies to any townie so I'm not sure how that provides value to town. I remember reading some things on the wiki about martyrdom being a poor strategy too... Not sure how I feel about this explanation.

@Seth: What is your previous experience with mafia style games? How much have you played before this?
Associative tells are my thing and currently a lynch on murf or seth would be the best information-wise, however the day has barely begun so let's not rush it. The more interactions there are the more reliable associative tells become.

Also I don't see Seth lynching himself any time soon so there's no martyrdom going on here.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”