Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Simoyd »

@KaladinStormblessed: What do you think about Raskolnikov?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

@redcoyote
Okay. I'll reserve some judgement but I'm not doing this townbloc and I'm definitely not willing to compromise on a lynch halfway into the day with you of all people, I do strong townread sim though.
Questions: how does wgeurts big post () play into your read on him?
From what I gather, your scumreads atm are hoppic, seth, and wgeurts?
deranged and incoherent
?
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 203, RedCoyote wrote: This strikes me as a town mindset. I guess because I think I would wonder the same thing as town.
This is awkward phrasing. He would think the same thing as town, if he was town... rather than that he did think the same.

Seems like a scum slip to me.

VOTE: redcoyote
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 212, RedCoyote wrote:I read both you and Ras as very town at this point, far more than any of the other players in this game. I'm grouping us together with the hopes that we can work as a bloc, more or less, in lynching someone today.
Buddying, rushing the lynch on day one... yeah. He's by far my strongest scum read.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 129, Murph wrote:
In post 124, Hoppic wrote:
In post 113, Murph wrote:I think you may have stepped in it, Hop.

I'll be than happy to explain any post of mine that you don't understand.
Thanks okay, what do you mean by saying that I've "stepped in it"? Stepped in what?

@ Hop
In post 111, Hoppic wrote:
In post 110, Simoyd wrote:@Hoppic: Raskolnikov has posted a lot. Does he not stand out a bit too? What do you think?
I can't really understand what she (?) is saying. A few players in this game are like that for me: raskolnokiv, you a bit and Murphy. Maybe others. I can understand individual words and sentences but overall I don't get it.
This whole post comes across as disingenuous.

Therefore, in this instance, "stepping in it" refers to you making a statement that reads as contrived in an effort to seem as though you are stating something useful. ( you just stepped into a pile of dung )

Both Sim and I said we'd explain any post that you didn't understand. Yet you have not posted, quoted nor bumped any posts for clarification.
Simoyd asked me what I thought about Raskolnikov, and what I thought was that s/he posted a lot but that it didn't make much sense to me. I wouldn't have bothered saying that, except that he asked me directly. I put about you and Simoyd as well to show that it wasn't something outstanding or unusual about Raskolnikov but rather that it's about me and how I'm reading the game right now. i.e. that it's not making much sense yet. As I get to know how people are a bit more, maybe it will fit together better. It may seem disingenuous, but I don't see what else I can do except answer the question.

I haven't gone back and reread the game yet so I haven't quoted particular parts. Also, there may not be any reason to. Some things become clear anyway after time. I couldn't figure out what yoghurts was at first, but then I realized.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Simoyd »

@Hoppic: Do you believe Seth's "slayer's gambit" explanation? What is your read on him?
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Hoppic »

okay, a few people are complaining that I said I didn't understand a lot of what raskolnikov said, so I'm going to pick an early post to show you what I mean.
In post 72, Raskolnikov wrote:I don't really feel like this game is worth much analysis yet, but to help get it rolling I'll force myself to over-analyse!

I'll also explain something minor that influences my reads (and other peoples I think, even if they don't say it): potential to fake.
Basically, if I think someone is more capable of faking towniness I will be more reserved with that read.
An example being, if we had an IC like nachomamma who I've seen really good at scumplay I would never feel comfortable putting them beyond mild town, even if they "seem" really towny.
This can be from experience, but also from "feel"; if someone sounds really sophisticated and analytical they can feel really scary regardless of experience.
Usually I feel really confident with most of my newbie townreads and don't even discuss them much for it, and hopefully this will help you understand my approach here.
I don't get this. First, it's about being reserved with town reads, and then in the next paragraph that they're confident with their townreads, and then that they don't discuss them, and then they go on to discuss them. Then, it's that this will help understand the approach. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to understand even.
In post 72, Raskolnikov wrote:Extremely tentative reads
Simoyd - newbie-townish
Murph - very much into the game, definitely thinking. A tiny bit scary tbh, especially from how confident he sounds.
yogurts - Solid posts, agree in general with his reads. I thought his initial questioning of kala was to help start the game, however at this point he seems to actually suspect him. Asking good questions to all three of murph,sim,kala though I'd almost expect him to vote kala for his suspicion after asking why murph didn't vote. Moderate town, adjusted from his extensive experience.
KaladinStormblessed - feels a bit guarded. First post is actually okay, the rest are answering questions/explaining himself. Pretty null; can't townread him so far from what he's done, but this can go either way more-so than the others posted.
Redcoyote - Throws a lot of shade on yogurts which I don't agree with. I don't understand their reasoning for their vote on murph (how was that overly defensive?).
Not enough information {Hoppic, SethYazura, peoplewhohaven'tposted}

VOTE: Redcoyote
If he voted someone for minor things/posts while admitting they were minors, I wouldn't mind. But I feel like he's exaggerating how bad certain posts are to provide backing for his vote. But it's not necessary to be confident in your vote this early in the game, it actually is supposed to be weak and tentative; you don't have to stretch things...
This mostly is clear, but some things are hard to understand, such as, murphy definitely thinking and being a tiny bit scary... also, about not having to stretch things at the end, and how it's supposed to be weak and tentative. Where does that idea come from?

So, there's a lot of small things like this, and there are in most posts, so that's what I was talking about.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 230, Simoyd wrote:@Hoppic: Do you believe Seth's "slayer's gambit" explanation? What is your read on him?
Nothing Seth has said has made any sense to me and he seems really anti-town. I think he's probably scum, but redcoyote is a stronger read right now.

No, the slayer gambit explanation makes no sense. If you were doing that, why would you say so? Everyone's voting this early in the game, and the votes are not too serious so it doesn't make sense for timing either.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 231, Hoppic wrote:okay, a few people are complaining that I said I didn't understand a lot of what raskolnikov said, so I'm going to pick an early post to show you what I mean.
In post 72, Raskolnikov wrote:I don't really feel like this game is worth much analysis yet, but to help get it rolling I'll force myself to over-analyse!

I'll also explain something minor that influences my reads (and other peoples I think, even if they don't say it): potential to fake.
Basically, if I think someone is more capable of faking towniness I will be more reserved with that read.
An example being, if we had an IC like nachomamma who I've seen really good at scumplay I would never feel comfortable putting them beyond mild town, even if they "seem" really towny.
This can be from experience, but also from "feel"; if someone sounds really sophisticated and analytical they can feel really scary regardless of experience.
Usually I feel really confident with most of my newbie townreads and don't even discuss them much for it, and hopefully this will help you understand my approach here.
I don't get this. First, it's about being reserved with town reads, and then in the next paragraph that they're confident with their townreads, and then that they don't discuss them, and then they go on to discuss them. Then, it's that this will help understand the approach. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to understand even.

Wait! i get it! newbie town reads, I thought you meant townreads in a newbie game. but now I see you mean townreads of noobs. okay. you're more confident reading new people than you are reading experienced people. Got it.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Hoppic »

See? There really is no point mentioning it. I just need to reread and think about it more.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 230, Simoyd wrote:@Hoppic: Do you believe Seth's "slayer's gambit" explanation? What is your read on him?
What do you think about what I said in post ? Is it a scum slip?
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 133, wgeurts wrote:Really I sometimes why he never voted murf so I'd like an explanation there.
Sorry, read this at work and forgot to respond later. I didn't vote murph at that point because my evidence was all crap and I knew it the whole time. I think that it's clear now how intensely I'm trying to move the game forward. Murph isn't jumping out and driving but I'm hard-pressed to find scum in his posts.

I'm thinking now that RedCoyote took my "Murph hate trane" kinda seriously in and continued by parroting "phrasing" in . I'm not liking his recent posts either...

I need more explanations from Seth. He has ignored many direct questions from different people. I'm not sure if I like him more or less than RedCoyote at this point.

I'm liking Raskolnikov's and Hoppic's recent posts more than their previous ones.

I've seen almost no scum behaviour in yogurts.

@Alpaca & KaladinStormblessed: I'd really like to see a post with your reads. Even if it is just an order of names with no reasons. We have to start somewhere and people can ask questions from there.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 235, Hoppic wrote:What do you think about what I said in post ? Is it a scum slip?
I really liked that one! I missed that when I first read it but I completely agree!!! Very nice catch!

I almost changed by vote because of it, but I want to keep pressure on Seth for more explanations. I like your thinking that if he was really going for it, he would have committed. It kinda leaves him with no outs other than VI or scum.
KaladinStormblessed
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by KaladinStormblessed »

In post 225, Simoyd wrote:@KaladinStormblessed: What do you think about Raskolnikov?
Speaking of general feel, for them I'm leaning towards townie, and a out the others, RedCoyote and seth feel scummier right now, and the more vocal of you seem towny while the quiet should post more (but hey, I'm in that boat too).
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

Ok so after 10 pages I have some reads set in my mind and this is what I have,

Hoppic- So I was on the line about him since the beginning because of his lack of larger analysis and his unexplained confusion and not taking up an offer to explain but than I realized that he was just offline and that he is actually really active when he is online where he explained himself and caught RedCoyote out on something that I missed. (7/10 towniness)

Kal- I was kind of ok with his original post though I see how to could be a scumtell however I am not particularly ok with the fact that he continued to not post under the reasoning that posting would get himself scumread and than appearing when Rask said he might need prodding, thats a lurk there (trust me posting will probably be more beneficial than not) (4/10 towniness)

Murph- I like how he has played so far with many questions and many answers, he has added a lot of thought and has picked at some small things but thats probably just because there wasn't much else early D1 (8/10 towniness)

Rask- I do like his long posts because they give me much material to pour and I think that a lot of what he has posted has been a huge addition to the overall game. I think that he has a town vibe though he is also experienced and I don't really know what to look for in a person who is good at pretending to be town but that is just a side note not anything to go on right now (8/10 towniness)

RedCoyote- Well, for one I thought that the idea of a townbloc could be a good idea but only if all players trust each other a lot so proposing it so early doesn't seem like a good idea, possibly scum wanting to join a townbloc? Also the post that Hoppic pointed out (thanks cause I actually missed that) as well as his accusations without first reading seem pretty scummy to me (3/10 towniness)

SethYazura- Well I just don't really like his recent play at all, I think that his explanations for his actions were weak and not even all that applicable in the current situation, seems like he is trying to push a bus than jumping off when he realizes it's a terrible idea, I didn't buy the Slayer's Gambit (2/10 towniness)

Simoyd- I like your constant stream of questions and keeping engaged in the whole game you have been making sure that people explain if there is something that seems a little off and you have also explained your own reasoning for your choices well (8/10 towniness)

Wgeurts- Your early play had me a little off just from the way you phrased things it was just a personal dislike of mine but after that you picked up in my opinion and started to focus on Seth who was the main attraction at that time, I also like your use of the word crumpets (7/10 towniness)

And the winner of the lowest score is VOTE: SethYazura I took my vote off you to see if you could explain adequately but I don't think you did a good job at explaining yourself at all.
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

For the record in case it wasn't obvious a 1 on the towniness scale is super scum and a 10 is so town it hurts
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Simoyd »

SethYazura is at L-1

I think a hammer vote with almost 12 days left would be considered a scum claim. At the same time, that's what Seth appears to want, so I'm leaving my vote.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Simoyd »

NOPE im drunk. forgot rasko changed his vote. I think he's at L-2. My bad
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by SethYazura »

Looking really a good day for scum at this point.
If I missed some questions then feel free to ask.
The difference between a mafia and a town is that you don't feel alone
A mafia is an organization, which in turn form greater bonds
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by SethYazura »

UNVOTE: Hoppic
Hoppic finally gave more input and safe to say he's not acting like scum, if he is then he would press the advantage and hop on my wagon.

I didn't expect RedCoyote to act like this, it's as if he's playing and toying with us(what the newbs would do if I said this), and tried to appear scummy to distract players from me and thus prolonging Day 1, but inevitably I will get lynched anyway as I can't provide the explanation the players were looking for and my methods are far too unorthodox.

Will be keeping a close eye on this thread as all of the scum are eager and willing to move me into L-1 and then L-0.
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by SethYazura »

In post 241, Simoyd wrote:
SethYazura is at L-1

I think a hammer vote with almost 12 days left would be considered a scum claim. At the same time, that's what Seth appears to want, so I'm leaving my vote.
I never said and hinted at any point of the game I wanted to be lynched, I will never want a vanilla townie brutally beaten up and hanged just because he has his own different ways of dealing with things, I will not let a disaster happen so easily.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.3

KaladinStormblessed (0) -
Simoyd (0) -
AlpacaAlpaca (0) -
SethYazura (3) - Simoyd, wgeurts, AlpacaAlpaca
Murph (0) -
Hoppic (1) - RedCoyote
Raskolnikov (0) -
wgeurts (0) -
RedCoyote (2) - Raskolnikov, Hoppic

Not Voting: KaladinStormblessed, Murph, SethYazura

Activity Notes: All is well.

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Tuesday May 31st at 7:30 pm PDT which is in (expired on 2016-05-31 19:30:00)
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 181, SethYazura wrote:
In post 178, Simoyd wrote:
@Seth: Are you intentionally performing a Slayer's Gambit? If not, how does your experiment differ from said gambit?
What I'm doing is exactly Slayer's Gambit, interestingly enough I'm not yet aware of such an existing strategy until now.
Then you not yet being able to receive results is crumpets. You're contradicting yourself.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by wgeurts »

I have some stuff on hoppic for when I'm not on my phone.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 243, SethYazura wrote:Looking really a good day for scum at this point.
If I missed some questions then feel free to ask.
Why don't I get the feeling you're fighting to stop a mislynch here? You sound so dry.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”