Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Like there's none of the passion you get from new town getting lynched, this is more of a defeatist last attempt sounding post.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Also why would RC be deflecting attention from you Seth?
Unless you're both scum?
I don't want to make that claim now, though an RC flip may end this game day 2.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 9:41 pm

Post by SethYazura »

All you have to say against me is that I'm total nonsense and therefore crumpets, ironically your username can be described as crumpets.
This sounds really weak, and really feels like you trying to correct an earlier mistake to avoid pressure for it.
That's not even a mistake and not the post that put me in L-2
That first post being a reaction test is absolute nonsense, it is obviously a RVS like any other.
How can you come up with that conclusion when I didn't say that it's not RVS, it's an RVS, but a doublevote and therefore bound to get a reaction, read the first few pages again, I used my first post to test the reactions of players, if KaladinStormblessed turns out to be scum at the end of the game, then I will now know how a scum would react to my odd first post, read Kala's reaction.
There is nothing significant about being the second player on an RVS wagon what so ever, nor did anyone react to you doing so thus "it being useful in the future" is utter crumpets as well.
Have you forgotten Post #16 up until Page 2, I am certain it's
SIGNIFICANT
if it sparked a discussion
This sounds like your starting to trip yourself on the threads you've spun with lies. It's like exclaiming "you shall see the use of my actions in due time" after stealing someone's snack, it simply doesn't add up.
'Sigh' if only I clarified further that by future, i mean
future games
My first game as scum (and second game here) fully consisted of me spinning huge analysis walls wherever I could. Newer players that draw scum often have the issue that they try
too
hard, and they as such often trip as a result.
Not everyone is wgeurts and crumpets like you, this is Mafiascum, not Crumpetscum.
Now then, logically speaking: if the experiment is useless until the end of the game why are you unable to explain what it is now? Experiments often take time before a conclusion can be drawn, however the methods used to draw a conclusion are known beforehand. Otherwise you're speaking crumpets as I suspect you are.
why are you unable to explain what it is now? Experiments often take time before a conclusion can be drawn, however the methods used to draw a conclusion are known beforehand. Otherwise you're speaking crumpets as I suspect you are.
Experiments often take time before a conclusion can be drawn, however the methods used to draw a conclusion are known beforehand. Otherwise you're speaking crumpets as
methods used to draw a conclusion are known beforehand.
I am unable to explain what it's now because I can't draw any useful information from it until the game is finished, what deeply concerns me is why you said that the methods are known beforehand, I said before that the reaction test is the experiment, not sure if you skim through a lot of pages, ignorant, or a %#!$@&^ scum who fu*&#% up and fell into my trap, there is no need to point out such information to back up your claim if you're town, you just wanted to take advantage of the air of suspicion that wraps around me to get me lynched. Your spinning a wonderful narrative around you, except I'm afraid it has some flaws, you can only go so far.
This also seems like nonsense.
If you're really an experienced player, you should know how to townread based on the player's reactions.
Associative tells are my thing and currently a lynch on murf or seth would be the best information-wise, however the day has barely begun so let's not rush it. The more interactions there are the more reliable associative tells become.

Also I don't see Seth lynching himself any time soon so there's no martyrdom going on here.
Explain how I would be best information-wise, the scum doesn't even have to lift a finger to get me lynched, the whole town is on me and they can just keep low.
In post 249, wgeurts wrote:
In post 243, SethYazura wrote:Looking really a good day for scum at this point.
If I missed some questions then feel free to ask.
Why don't I get the feeling you're fighting to stop a mislynch here? You sound so dry.
Don't worry you don't need to feel that, btw you look like wet crumpets though so we're even.
In post 250, wgeurts wrote:Like there's none of the passion you get from new town getting lynched, this is more of a defeatist last attempt sounding post.
Why do you play Mafia? What makes you play Mafia? It's like you just enjoy living in the suffering of a Vanilla Townie getting lynched with L-2 on him, this makes me feel like you're anti-town and you endulge in your sadistic tendencies here. Why do you sound so victorious? Day 1 didn't even finish yet and your glorious truimph of hanging someone would turn into a sad ending after it finished.
In post 251, wgeurts wrote:Also why would RC be deflecting attention from you Seth?
Unless you're both scum?
RC has been only the player I witnessed so far to do that, so I honestly don't know, town and scum here have their own valid reasons on hopping on my lynch wagon, but why would RC try to suggest to change the wagon into Hoppip? If he is scum why would he do so when it attracts mass attention? If he is my scum partner he would bus me since he's experienced.
The difference between a mafia and a town is that you don't feel alone
A mafia is an organization, which in turn form greater bonds
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 252, SethYazura wrote:All you have to say against me is that I'm total nonsense and therefore crumpets, ironically your username can be described as crumpets.
Ironically it happens to be a mash-up of my actual name. Also resorting to jsut insulting a player pushing you is a commonly employed tactic for newer scum, just saying.
This sounds really weak, and really feels like you trying to correct an earlier mistake to avoid pressure for it.
That's not even a mistake and not the post that put me in L-2
So? Regardless you feel the need to spin a narrative around it and is one of the aspect being pushed against you.
That first post being a reaction test is absolute nonsense, it is obviously a RVS like any other.
How can you come up with that conclusion when I didn't say that it's not RVS, it's an RVS, but a doublevote and therefore bound to get a reaction, read the first few pages again, I used my first post to test the reactions of players, if KaladinStormblessed turns out to be scum at the end of the game, then I will now know how a scum would react to my odd first post, read Kala's reaction.
A doublevote has literally zero significance at all, there's no reaction to be drawn from it. You know how KS is new though and therefore mistakenly assigned worth to it though? It sounds like you're just trying to spin a story around to try and esape the sticky situation you're in. However it doesn't add up. KS is also one unexperienced player so there's literally nothing data wise that you'll recieve, the sample size is non-existant. You're speaking nonsense. Also what if KS is just protecting me hypothetically as a partner? There's too many variables.
There is nothing significant about being the second player on an RVS wagon what so ever, nor did anyone react to you doing so thus "it being useful in the future" is utter crumpets as well.
Have you forgotten Post #16 up until Page 2, I am certain it's
SIGNIFICANT
if it sparked a discussion
Except, it didn't. I mentioned your tone however there was nothing about your vote. I also stated I just went for the smallest possible thing to spark discussion. It was I, not you, who got things rolling.
This sounds like your starting to trip yourself on the threads you've spun with lies. It's like exclaiming "you shall see the use of my actions in due time" after stealing someone's snack, it simply doesn't add up.
'Sigh' if only I clarified further that by future, i mean
future games
Even then it doesn't hold up, there's no data to be drawn at all. You've got nothing you need for such an experiment. There's not a large enough sample-size, and you haven't taken into account any variables. I think you're making this up as you go along as otherwise you would have known this.
My first game as scum (and second game here) fully consisted of me spinning huge analysis walls wherever I could. Newer players that draw scum often have the issue that they try
too
hard, and they as such often trip as a result.
Not everyone is wgeurts and crumpets like you, this is Mafiascum, not Crumpetscum.
Another disrep, resort to my logic only please instead of trying to make me look bad without actually doing anything. It's a common scum tactic when someone's trapped. I believe you are scum. Also as off now I can outplay you as any alignment, mind your insults.
Now then, logically speaking: if the experiment is useless until the end of the game why are you unable to explain what it is now? Experiments often take time before a conclusion can be drawn, however the methods used to draw a conclusion are known beforehand. Otherwise you're speaking crumpets as I suspect you are.
why are you unable to explain what it is now? Experiments often take time before a conclusion can be drawn, however the methods used to draw a conclusion are known beforehand. Otherwise you're speaking crumpets as I suspect you are.
Experiments often take time before a conclusion can be drawn, however the methods used to draw a conclusion are known beforehand. Otherwise you're speaking crumpets as
methods used to draw a conclusion are known beforehand.
I am unable to explain what it's now because I can't draw any useful information from it until the game is finished, what deeply concerns me is why you said that the methods are known beforehand, I said before that the reaction test is the experiment, not sure if you skim through a lot of pages, ignorant, or a %#!$@&^ scum who fu*&#% up and fell into my trap, there is no need to point out such information to back up your claim if you're town, you just wanted to take advantage of the air of suspicion that wraps around me to get me lynched. Your spinning a wonderful narrative around you, except I'm afraid it has some flaws, you can only go so far.
YOU CAN'T DRAW ANY INFORMATION AT ALL. Why did you claim this was secret anyway? An experiment has no need for secrecy. Now, answer my accusations and reasoning instead of just yelling and disrepping. You're doing a good job of playing text-book newb-scum when trapped. Everybody should take note of the sudden tone change, defensive and agressive as it's a last resort to remove an attacker.
This also seems like nonsense.
If you're really an experienced player, you should know how to townread based on the player's reactions.
And oh I do. Take this for instance.
Associative tells are my thing and currently a lynch on murf or seth would be the best information-wise, however the day has barely begun so let's not rush it. The more interactions there are the more reliable associative tells become.

Also I don't see Seth lynching himself any time soon so there's no martyrdom going on here.
Explain how I would be best information-wise, the scum doesn't even have to lift a finger to get me lynched, the whole town is on me and they can just keep low.
Most player's have had an interaction with you, if you flip you can analyse how they did those. I can explain associative analysis in another post.
In post 249, wgeurts wrote:
In post 243, SethYazura wrote:Looking really a good day for scum at this point.
If I missed some questions then feel free to ask.
Why don't I get the feeling you're fighting to stop a mislynch here? You sound so dry.
Don't worry you don't need to feel that, btw you look like wet crumpets though so we're even.
ooh, another insult. "Let's insult this guy to make others think he isn't reliable without having to touch his actual logic". Been there, dont that.
In post 250, wgeurts wrote:Like there's none of the passion you get from new town getting lynched, this is more of a defeatist last attempt sounding post.
Why do you play Mafia? What makes you play Mafia? It's like you just enjoy living in the suffering of a Vanilla Townie getting lynched with L-2 on him, this makes me feel like you're anti-town and you endulge in your sadistic tendencies here. Why do you sound so victorious? Day 1 didn't even finish yet and your glorious truimph of hanging someone would turn into a sad ending after it finished.
I play it to improve various skills, and I enjoy the challenge. You aren't acting how newer town would when in a situation like this.
In post 251, wgeurts wrote:Also why would RC be deflecting attention from you Seth?
Unless you're both scum?
RC has been only the player I witnessed so far to do that, so I honestly don't know, town and scum here have their own valid reasons on hopping on my lynch wagon, but why would RC try to suggest to change the wagon into Hoppip? If he is scum why would he do so when it attracts mass attention? If he is my scum partner he would bus me since he's experienced.
Depends, in a newbie game it sometimes feels harsh to bus a partner. Especially if they are new. Also losing your only partner is not benefitial day 1.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 10:59 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Everybody please take a good look at how he's suddenly acting. After me pushing him and him suddenly making additions and changes to justify his actions, he then realises I'm not dropping my push that easily and he starts insulting me and becoming agressive. As scum, this can be explained by paranoia and the realisation that a player has got you nailed. Disrepping someone makes them seem bad, helping your cause, despite you not having to face their reasoning and cases. People will trust someone less if they fall for the insults even though their logic remains as valid.

If you cannot offer any alternative for my case or point out why I'm wrong you should consider why you're not supporting my push.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Post by wgeurts »

I'll explain in more detail why his experiment is pure nonsense:
In post 8, SethYazura wrote:You are all full of boredom, accusing clearly innocent people without further ado.
Don't be fooled by wgeurts, he's a captivating charmer that in reality, he's ISIS in disguise, adults who still believe in religion because they didn't grow up.
VOTE: wgeurts
Read this.

Now it looks like any other RVS vote right?

Later he claims it's got some hidden pro-town intent, which even later changes to an experiment which can only be explained in the future. Why an experiment would have to be secret (also if it is secret why so willingly explain it later?) is beyond me. The experiment is apparently to see how people react to a double vote in RVS. Well.

Firstly a double vote has no significane, secondly only one person mentioned it, thirdly he doesn't have the sample size to be able to draw any conclusions. One player's reaction isn't enough. Further more he hasn't stated how he's taking into account the alignment of who he's voting in comparison to those reacting. If he were truly doing an experiment he would know of all this. He may be new, however he claims to be 26 and should therefore know all this. Which apparently he doesn't.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 11:15 pm

Post by SethYazura »

I play it to improve various skills, and I enjoy the challenge
The challenge starts after I get lynched, Not implying that you will lose that one though.
You aren't acting how newer town would when in a situation like this.
Don't assume that every newly registered user in mafiascum = new to mafia
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 11:34 pm

Post by SethYazura »

In post 254, wgeurts wrote:Everybody please take a good look at how he's suddenly acting. After me pushing him and him suddenly making additions and changes to justify his actions, he then realises I'm not dropping my push that easily and he starts insulting me and becoming agressive. As scum, this can be explained by paranoia and the realisation that a player has got you nailed. Disrepping someone makes them seem bad, helping your cause, despite you not having to face their reasoning and cases. People will trust someone less if they fall for the insults even though their logic remains as valid.

If you cannot offer any alternative for my case or point out why I'm wrong you should consider why you're not supporting my push.
In post 255, wgeurts wrote:I'll explain in more detail why his experiment is pure nonsense:
In post 8, SethYazura wrote:You are all full of boredom, accusing clearly innocent people without further ado.
Don't be fooled by wgeurts, he's a captivating charmer that in reality, he's ISIS in disguise, adults who still believe in religion because they didn't grow up.
Read this.

Later he claims it's got some hidden pro-town intent, which even later changes to an experiment which can only be explained in the future. Why an experiment would have to be secret (also if it is secret why so willingly explain it later?) is beyond me. The experiment is apparently to see how people react to a double vote in RVS. Well.

Firstly a double vote has no significane, secondly only one person mentioned it, thirdly he doesn't have the sample size to be able to draw any conclusions. One player's reaction isn't enough. Further more he hasn't stated how he's taking into account the alignment of who he's voting in comparison to those reacting. If he were truly doing an experiment he would know of all this. He may be new, however he claims to be 26 and should therefore know all this. Which apparently he doesn't.
My only counterclaim is that I recieved the role Vanilla Townie, this will be the best plot twist I have experienced so far in forum mafia games, excluding wc3 and sc2 mafia.
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 11:51 pm

Post by SethYazura »

Also I really like how Post # 253 and Post # 255 contradicts a few of what I have said so far, there's no need to forge and fabricate things up when you've essentialy won(even though it's not winning as you lynched a Vanilla Townie)
[quote="In post 255, wgeurts"]
(also if it is secret why so willingly explain it later?)
Someone requested it and I had to do it to become more believable
[quote="In post 254, wgeurts"] this can be explained by paranoia and the realisation that a player has got you nailed.
This sentence exactly describes what I'm experiencing because I got killed by my own posts, unsurprising since I'm trying to experiment and it will only work after the game is done,
now normally I wouldn't let paranoia influence my posts but I don't care anymore as I have already done what I needed to do here and doing it makes me look like certainly scum.

I expect to live until Day 3 but alas.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 12:00 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 256, SethYazura wrote:
The challenge starts after I get lynched, Not implying that you will lose that one though.
If you're experienced it just makes the whole situation worse, as it invalidates any chance of you just making newb mistakes.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 12:02 am

Post by wgeurts »

Seth, if you are by some miracle town then give me a detailed analysis on everyone. We need your thoughts regardless of what we do.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:13 am

Post by SethYazura »

In post 259, wgeurts wrote:
In post 256, SethYazura wrote:
If you're experienced it just makes the whole situation worse, as it invalidates any chance of you just making newb mistakes.
I didn't make a single mistake, if I did one then I wouldn't expect to land in an L-2 situation.
In post 260, wgeurts wrote:Seth, if you are by some miracle town then give me a detailed analysis on everyone. We need your thoughts regardless of what we do.
I won't give a detailed one on all of them as I don't feel it necessary, other players have already covered up my thoughts accurately with their analysis, instead I will just give my thoughts on our two fellow players, RedCoyote and wgeurts(yes, you)
RedCoyote

He is acting unusual, why he didn't vote me up? He listed me as the 2nd top scum pick, but didn't jump on the opportunity to lynch me, if he is town he has a valid reason to lynch me as he needs information, if he is scum he has no reason not to lynch me as this is the moment for him to get a kill without talking his way in, but instead he insists on getting Alpaca or Hoppic lynched, he's gonna be lynched in Day 2 as some of us also noticed he's acting out of place. Also note his way of posting, whenever he posts he almost always says that this player = town mindset, while not giving thought on the players that are viewed as scummy, he does not elaborate on the players he wants lynched.

wgeurts

You are trying too hard to lynch me, i don't understand your need to attack my posts from all sides and go all-out if you could do it more simpler and still be convincing, you don't actually need to press the town to lynch me as everyone is already suspicious of me before you have butt in with your posts, not one person trusts me which is understandable on my part as I tried to experiment, the reason being that I don't want to play like every typical player would do now, it becomes repetitive after a while.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:24 am

Post by wgeurts »

I don't think you understand how I think town should act in the optimal scenario, as it influences my playstyle. I believe that town should always put all their thoughts out for others to see, everything. Reads should be developed by people pointing out flaws in certain things you have and vise-versa and constant revaluation should be going on. This not only means that reads are a lot more trustworthy as a lot more perspectives have been taken into consideration, it also makes it a darn lot harder for scum to hide.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:39 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 224, Simoyd wrote:@RedCoyote: So do you believe Seth's "slayer's gambit" explanation? How is that less newby than ? Why chose Hoppic over Seth?
Why not? I think I'm willing to hear more from Seth than I am from Hoppic, but I wouldn't be opposed to either lynch.

---
In post 226, Raskolnikov wrote:@redcoyote
Okay. I'll reserve some judgement but I'm not doing this townbloc and I'm definitely not willing to compromise on a lynch halfway into the day with you of all people, I do strong townread sim though.
Questions: how does wgeurts big post () play into your read on him?
From what I gather, your scumreads atm are hoppic, seth, and wgeurts?
I'd say that's about fair. I wouldn't put it by scumwgeurts to make a post like that. Verbosity is one of his strong suits. Further, it's not very difficult to lay it on thick with walls if you think that's a good "in" as scum with the players you're opposing. I've done it numerous times.

---
In post 227, Hoppic wrote:This is awkward phrasing. He would think the same thing as town, if he was town... rather than that he did think the same.

Seems like a scum slip to me.
In what universe is this a scum slip? I was explaining why I considered that post to be town sounding. Had I not included that comment, I suspect you would've attacked me for being "too vague" and "not backing up my reasons", yeah?

Easy way to slip in a reactionary, WIFOM vote.
In post 228, Hoppic wrote:Buddying, rushing the lynch on day one... yeah. He's by far my strongest scum read.
Nice way to frame it. I've found townreads and I've explained why I have those townreads. If the town is able to reach consensus among a player or two or three vis-a-vis reading each other town, we're far more likely to succeed going forward.

As a senior player in a newbie game, especially a game with posts such as Kal's , I see it as my duty to take a leading role in being transparent with my reads and being proactive in forming strong relationships between townies if at all possible. Otherwise, I think the town may succumb to too much paranoia and reluctance and allow the scum to pick away at the town one by one.

In other words, some players don't have the stomach for putting themselves out there to be criticized and attacked. You put someone like Kal in that position, he may fold and start this self-fulfilling cycle of defending himself and grasping at any opportunity to get away from the spotlight. Now, I don't know if Kal is town or not, but I do know that I am. I don't care if Kas spurs my advances or you try and WIFOM me. I've played this game thousands of times and have enough self-confidence to push through that.

Anyway, long way of saying I find these posts opportunistic, short-sighted, self-centered and, therefore, scummy.
In post 232, Hoppic wrote:Nothing Seth has said has made any sense to me and he seems really anti-town. I think he's probably scum, but redcoyote is a stronger read right now.
If my read of Sim is right, he won't let Hoppic say something like this after he attacked me for "ignoring" Seth. Not that he was wrong to make this attack, but I just hope he's consistent if he's already so confident in his scumSeth read that he's looking for potential partnerships.

---
In post 244, SethYazura wrote:I didn't expect RedCoyote to act like this, it's as if he's playing and toying with us
Well, first off, it's pretty forward to characterize my play as "toying" without citing specific examples. There's a negative connotation there that deserves to be quantified. Secondly, and maybe I should've said this at the outset, I don't play an IC role like some... high horse, "this is what you should do" presence in the game. I'm an actual player in this game with an actual role. My thinking is that I treat this game like any other game. I treat new players no different than I would veterans. The only real teacher in Mafia is experience.

That said, if someone does have a game or site-specific question, I am happy to answer them. I'm still a player in this game though and I am still trying to win the game for the town.

---
In post 251, wgeurts wrote:I don't want to make that claim now, though an RC flip may end this game day 2.
Sim may not know any better than to this, but you ought to know better than this.
In post 255, wgeurts wrote:I'll explain in more detail why his experiment is pure nonsense:
Read this.

Firstly a double vote has no significance, secondly only one person mentioned it, thirdly he doesn't have the sample size to be able to draw any conclusions. One player's reaction isn't enough. Further more he hasn't stated how he's taking into account the alignment of who he's voting in comparison to those reacting. If he were truly doing an experiment he would know of all this. He may be new, however he claims to be 26 and should therefore know all this. Which apparently he doesn't.
Wow, talk about grasping at straws. At the risk of looking as though I'm defending Seth (this die has already been cast by Sim and wgeurts, so there's no sense in trying to ignore it), reaction tests are not unique nor are they particularly scummy on their face. If you're really going to take that position, then you ought to explain how Seth is benefiting from this maneuver as scum.

It's quite possible that Seth felt cornered as town or scum from a possible group of people latching onto his wagon as one that was easy to join early on. I don't think you can draw the conclusions that this is necessarily a scum tactic. Further, what does his age have to do with anything? That's a logical fallacy. And why are you skeptical of his age anyway?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:41 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Now that I've read up on the last couple of pages, Seth is no longer my pick for follow up scum. Like others, I lazily threw him in my scummy pile without really taking the time to think it over.
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:06 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

If you've nulled/towned Seth do you have any other thoughts on who is scum or are you still thinking about things?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Clearly I think Hoppic is the most likely candidate for scum. Will you join me in voting him?
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:16 am

Post by Simoyd »

In post 263, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 251, wgeurts wrote:I don't want to make that claim now, though an RC flip may end this game day 2.
Sim may not know any better than to this, but you ought to know better than this.
@Seth: What do you think about RC's comment here?
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:19 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

So you think that Hoppic is scum because he isn't sure about a lot of things? I'm curious about your rationale
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Murph »

Mornin y'all

:coffee:

Love the live interaction today.
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:33 am

Post by SethYazura »

In post 267, Simoyd wrote:
@Seth: What do you think about RC's comment here?
I think you made me analyse the wrong post, there is clearly nothing wrong with RC's comment, as for me I don't take that seriously as the game ending in day 2 is too fictitious and ridiculous, especially in a known setup.
Murph wrote:Mornin y'all

:coffee:

Love the live interaction today.
Good mornin
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Murph »

Well, first off, it's pretty forward to characterize my play as "toying" without citing specific examples. There's a negative connotation there that deserves to be quantified. Secondly, and maybe I should've said this at the outset,
I don't play an IC role like some... high horse, "this is what you should do" presence in the game.
I'm an actual player in this game with an actual role. My thinking is that I treat this game like any other game. I treat new players no different than I would veterans. The only real teacher in Mafia is experience.

That said, if someone does have a game or site-specific question, I am happy to answer them. I'm still a player in this game though and I am still trying to win the game for the town.

---

Yet, that's what you are doing. You've pushed for a bloc and now you are not so subtly pushing your scum reads to be lynched. Smells of an agenda to me
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Murph »

The Seth and guerts interaction is compelling. Town on town ?

Although guerts has made a couple of stellar points, which seem plausible, I cannot believe Seth plays this out this way as scum.

Second tier for now
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:55 am

Post by SethYazura »

In post 272, Murph wrote:I cannot believe Seth plays this out this way as scum.
I cannot make heads or tails on this one, someone explain for me.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Murph »

In post 98, Murph wrote:@ Rasko

Thank you for the constructive criticism. Also, I'll try the :code: for quotes in the future.

As to suspects ? I'm formulating opinions as each players joins the game.

Kal - Early sheepish behavior and smarmy explanations. Not feeling town here.
guerts - While we disagreed on Seth's early post, we've had common thoughts about Kal's posts. Null
Sim - I like that Sim asks good questions however I dislike the answering questions with questions responses. Null
Ras - Good observations thus far. Too early still.
Red - As the IC, I find it difficult to understand Red ignoring an entire conversation and then cherry picking a single statement to squat on. OMGUS null
Seth - When called out for a forced first post, Seth implied secret reasons and then promptly tried to divert attention away by creating a shiny object. - Scum

Need more participation from Hop and Alpaca

Rip away

Updated:

querts - Still aggressively pushing - seems like legitimate scum hunting - town read
Sim - Although Sims style seemed off-putting early to me, it's atarting to grow on me. - town read
Ras - Ask questions while looking for discrepancies. I like this style of play. - town read
Hop - Participating more now. Need more interactions - null
Alpaca - Starting to post thoughts but needs to ask more questions - null
Seth - Would a scum really play to draw this much attention ? - move to null for now.
Kal - continues to post like a timid scum and not contributing nor asking questions - scum read
Red - Tried to hard to chum up a bloc and push for a quick D1 lynch - scum read

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”