New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

like, its my opinion. i don't feel his two posts are alignment indicative, thus making the wagon on him dumb in my eyes. the very fact of my own alignment makes your assessment incorrect, point of fact. but what i'm saying is that no just because i see the same dumbass things happen time and time again doesn't mean i suddenly understand why people do dumbass things.
Art is cool.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

So, I know that I haven't had much of a presence, but did we not see seth literally claim mafia goon?
In post 183, SethYazura wrote:
In post 180, TehBrawlGuy wrote:For real though, explain 174, because I actually can't parse that into anything I understand.
Copper said I will laugh hard as scum if I flip scum in my lynch, which is a contradiction, since lynching sk
as a mafia goon
early in this game is serious trouble as there will be less kills per night, giving the Town more time to correctly lynch the mafia.
upon being asked to explain "If I am scum that would be a serious problem, accidentaly lynching your own teammates or the sk, effectively reducing the kills per night in a large game will lead to your demise" he literally said he was a goon without being prompted as to his role whatsoever. Does anyone disagree with my reasoning here?
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Egg »

ETL and Titus, you should both be able to see that neither of your reads on cythefly is necessarily scummy. We all know Titus sees meaning in EVERYTHING and her seeing scum intent in cythefly's posting isn't scummy or even necessarily wrong. ETL's arguement that he hasn't said enough to warrant a read isn't necessarily a rare stance either. I tend to agree more with Titus here, but that doesn't in any way make ETL scum.

Ircher, that was the first post where I mentioned you, yes. Then we went back and forth and I gave some more points and you shrugged it off as "nope, not good enough".
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Ircher »

Well, can you reiterate them pls.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by Egg »

Well, there's the one you quoted.

There's the way you answered drmy's question about you even though it was clearly meant for copper

There's your misrep of drmy's comments about his 80% scum win rate.

There's your stressed out reaction to the wagon as well as demanding six cases to defend against instead of scumthunting. Then when you get those cases (or at least mine) you dismiss it as bullshit and go on to act like a case was never made.

There's the way you went out of your way to mention you'd only been scum twice after you implied that drmy draws scum a lot and that makes him somehow more likely to be scum.

There's the way you tried to attack me for focusing on the player I'm voting (seriously, what?)

There's your "Seth is SK" push (which I forgot about so maybe an Ircher/Seth team doesn't make as much sense as I'd thought) and the fact that you voted himfor it rather than anyone you thought was mafia.

Your point that drmy was scum for confirmation bias was pretty bad.

You OMGUS pretty badly

Your ISO thing looks like busywork.

I think that's all the points I've brought up so far. Probably would have more if I ISO'd you.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Ircher »

1) Fair, but I wouldn't say AI
2) Not a misrep. Stubborn, yes, but not misrepping, as what was stated was factual even if analysis was wrong
3) I did not dismiss it, I did not see anyone really bring up new reasons.
4) The statistics was silly but not scummy. The other I have done similarly in previous ones of my latest games.
5) Cuz I didn't feel your reasons were being fair (and currently still don't)
6) SK push? That's a misrep. Yes, I commented and voted, but not really a push imo. Otherwise, this is a fairly valid point.
7) It's the way he (and you) are being nitpickey about stuff.
8) That's your opinion and rather weak when you can't support the busywork comment

I'll stop pushing this angle cuz we're getting no where, but all save 1 to 3 points are valid and strong enough to be considered in such a strong scumread. The rest seems to be the result of confirmation bias.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

tbh i agree with all of egg's points
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:03 pm

In post 551, Nosferatu wrote:So, I know that I haven't had much of a presence, but did we not see seth literally claim mafia goon?
In post 183, SethYazura wrote:
In post 180, TehBrawlGuy wrote:For real though, explain 174, because I actually can't parse that into anything I understand.
Copper said I will laugh hard as scum if I flip scum in my lynch, which is a contradiction, since lynching sk
as a mafia goon
early in this game is serious trouble as there will be less kills per night, giving the Town more time to correctly lynch the mafia.
upon being asked to explain "If I am scum that would be a serious problem, accidentaly lynching your own teammates or the sk, effectively reducing the kills per night in a large game will lead to your demise" he literally said he was a goon without being prompted as to his role whatsoever. Does anyone disagree with my reasoning here?

Is this a real thing... where did copper say that..?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Also, Egg - I don't particularly find the peacemaker routine a town-thing generally.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:06 pm

In post 184, copper223 wrote:@Seth
I see, no I meant that as mafia you would be happy to see
my flip
so it would be doubly funny if town bought your argument that copper should be lynched for being an arrogant prick, cause you get one up over me
and
over town.

This said your statement still doesn't make sense because you can't be an SK and a mafia goon at the same time.
:?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:08 pm

fuckin A man... i just read Seth's ISO and it just sounds like newbiespeak but it really also sounds like newbiescumslippingspeak too.

all of you are scum i swear to god
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:16 pm

VOTE: ircher
Art is cool.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Lowell »

Don't replace me. Unexpectedly without internet until tuesday.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 558, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Also, Egg - I don't particularly find the peacemaker routine a town-thing generally.
Don't care. Just making my points.

Ircher, I see you responded but I don't have time. Will respond back tomorrow.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by Egg »

Also, I just played Killer Instinct mafia where we got wrecked after I was NK'd because the towniest players in the game couldn't get along.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 558, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Also, Egg - I don't particularly find the peacemaker routine a town-thing generally.
I agree with this. Egg's playing peacemaker is making it difficult to shore up reads.

I also don't like Egg agreeing with me a lot but then saying that a townread on me cannot be trusted. Egg is appealing to everyone but Ircher here.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 492, copper223 wrote:I get the part where you say me against the world is a town-tell but which posts do you find indicative of scumhunting for killthestory?
– it's a valid reason for a vote that early. Something stood out for him, I guess.
, , . – That's what I called "sheer paranoia".
– In my mind it sounded: "I f-cking don't care, even if I got lynched town shall win". That's an attitude I follow as town many times.
Okay, is indeed WTF, you know I'm checking his ISO now.
– As far as I remember, I already had a dislike on Zakk too at that time.
– He answered my question quickly.

I know there might be other players I could find just as many reasons for townreading them, but I also know that the more pages I need to catch up the more things I miss. And at least I
did
find something. Get it?

As for Seth: not only the fact that he's not scumhunting.

At this point Copper is moving back to my town list and here's the reason, why. He's one of the players who's relatively a "hot topic" – yet he's one of those who engaged me right after I started producing real content. According to my experience scums tend to avoid opening "new interaction fronts" if there's already some pressure on them.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 560, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:fuckin A man... i just read Seth's ISO and it just sounds like newbiespeak but it really also sounds like newbiescumslippingspeak too.

all of you are scum i swear to god
Would you care to point me to a few specific posts? I get a strong newbie town vibe from him, but not any scum vibe.

I'm going to figure out my reads tomorrow, because I've let myself become incredibly disorganized and unsure of my own thoughts.

Unvote
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 8:43 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 458, copper223 wrote:Pray tell where am I trying to "push it so hard"?

I was asked about that read by Magma and I explained where it came from
once
You're technically right, whatever, this isn't important anyway.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 493, copper223 wrote:
In post 491, Persivul wrote:On an unrelated note, I was concerned with the way ETL and Titus fell into an easy early alliance. Good to see that breaking up.
What if they are both town, wouldn't that be bad?
If
I too found that post from Persivul disturbing.
But...
In post 495, Persivul wrote: No. You don't need a buddy to scum hunt. You can vote the same as another player while still being cautious of them.
That's okay for now. Recently I learnt a lot about town-Persivul and this matches the mindset I know.
In post 498, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Only scum would do this. This is so fake and lazy.
Your vote is just as lazy.
In post 502, zakk wrote:You're shutting up because you want some other player not to copy you? What are you, FOUR?
This looks like an excuse to lurk tbh
Whut?
Calling Titus a lurker?
Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

In post 509, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 233, Titus wrote:I am just going to be on the biggest of TBG Copper and Shotty. I like all three wagons. Normally that doesn't happen.
I dislike this a lot. Reads as Scum who wants to avoid spearheading one particular lynch to me. The townie version of this post is like "I'll support XXX, YYY, and ZZZ wagons. I think YYY wagon is the best right now though".
Are you hoping that a Titus-wagon will suddenly gain momentum?
In post 510, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I think she was showing a bit of anxiety at whatever he was saying because she may feel it links back to her and she sees him heading for a lynch. If they don't have daytalk, she can't coach him in the PT, she has to find a way to make him shut up in-game. She's not conspicuously "sticking her neck out" to save him, but based on her voting patterns thus far and her arguments against those voting for him, it definitely leads me to think she wants to prevent his lynch.

Also... Titus tends to protect her buddies as long as she can without giving herself away, not bus them. I've seen it time and time again, it's an innate urge for her, as much as she tries to subvert it, I still see glimpses of it, especially early in the game when no one is particularly looking.
IF there's no DayTalk.
Mod
, is there DayTalk for scum team(s)?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 8:50 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 468, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Titus I suspect you and Ircher are both scum together, and of the two, you are the more dangerous. I'm happy to vote Ircher as well if it comes to that - he certainly seems like someone you've been trying to keep alive.
In post 325, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:ircher's newbietown AF imo.
First of all, what changed your read.

Do you actually think Titus would coach her partner in broad daylight, and why can it not be that Titus is scum and Ircher is town?

I also really don't like the way sounds.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Post by Expedience »

Ircher's list posts are just null, don't vote him for that. He did the same thing in the game I played with him, they were equally if not more useless and irrelevant (he made a case on confirmed scum lol).
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 486, Aneninen wrote:Expedience, . Can you explain your Shotty, Lowell and KillTheStory reads?
Shotty seems very town to me, like his posts are completely unfiltered. Especially in RVS he seemed genuine.

mostly.

Killthestory is such scum, holy shit. I actually thought about this and I want to vote him over copper. Copper is still scum but some of his posts make me slightly uneasy.

VOTE: Killthestory

/ show that he's lying about not having read his role card, although that's not necessarily alignment indicative. It does show that the careless attitude could be being faked, and I strongly believe it is.

It's easy to take someone who plays like this, posts without capital letters, at surface level and read them as town.
In post 109, Killthestory wrote:
In post 103, Egg wrote:Drmy, what were you referncing with your first post?

Vote Ircher

For posts 11 and 12. I've never liked it when people stress that votes on them are RVS. And the post before it feels nervous about being voted while trying not to convey that.

Copper, which of Ircher's posts on Page 1 gave you the "sure of himself" vibe?

Ircher's OMGUS crusade against drmy is pretty bad.

I lost brain cells reading the probability discussion on Page 3.

I've got at least some level of a town read on drmy, copper, zakk, and Magna (in that order). That's as of the end of Page 3. Will say so if that changes.

Killthestory, you said you know your alignment now. What is it?

Acknowledging that an Ircher wagon exists. I'm gonna keep my vote there.
dont be dumb. any person with half a brain would say town. stupid fucking filler question
This post is absolutely filthy, I absolutely cannot see town saying this.

The implication is that "any
scum
with half a brain would say town". Any town would say town, with or without a brain. This might seem trivial and nitpicky, but just try to read the post again and see if it sounds right. It doesn't, at all.

The response of anger towards Egg is something which I interpret as a fake attempt to channel emotion into the game, trying to look town by just yelling at something. He keeps repeating the same argument "wtf egg what does it matter how i answer the question its null????" despite Egg's attempts at an explanation (probably exists), because he is scum.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Expedience »

Spoiler:
In post 503, zakk wrote:
In post 459, Titus wrote:
In post 454, Ircher wrote:@Titus
So far, Ive liked your thought process plus Ive been lazy & not been doing isos.
I'm shutting up. You're standing on your own two feet.
In post 463, Titus wrote:
In post 456, copper223 wrote:
In post 451, Expedience wrote:This is scum trying to write off their read as "j-just rvs".

Like, you went into quite a lot of detail about how it made him scum earlier. I have a hard time believing it was not a serious push.
Are you scum yourself or did you just decide to tunnel me this game? Cause I never said nor implied that my read on Nos was RVS or not serious in any way and I'd like to see what made you think that's what I said.

What I did say is that with the amount of data available any read you give me at this point in the game I can show to be complete crap by changing the assumptions (and there will be quite a few) on which it is built, my read on Nos relied on IIOA being a scumtell for her when she posted what she posted.

In other news I am liking Titus less and less, Mollie told me she is a tunneler so going off on me didn't raise any serious bells, but dropping me like a stone while still keeping a scumread
and
openly discussing her town meta about being a tunneler feels unnatural for the former and makes me wonder how calculated her initial tunnel was for the latter.
I am a tunneller. You're still scum. I'll openly discuss who I am any day this week and twice on Sunday. ;) Nice try there though scum.
This response feels fabricated
In post 504, zakk wrote:
In post 464, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 122, Titus wrote:Ircher, kindly shut the fuck up. The more your case gets talked about, the more credence it appears to have although it's total garbage RVS. You know it. I know it. If you actually did the slightest thing scummy, I'd be all over it. You just haven't.

You realize how Copper has displayed
actual inconsistencies
and people are pushing awkard things you are saying because they don't like math. Get real.
In post 447, Titus wrote:
In post 429, Ircher wrote:Ok, Cythe, was gonna give benefit of the doubt, but your last posts changed my mind.

VOTE: Cythe
How come every time I change my vote, you follow me? I don't wanna be a double voter? Stahp it.
In post 459, Titus wrote:
In post 454, Ircher wrote:@Titus
So far, Ive liked your thought process plus Ive been lazy & not been doing isos.
I'm shutting up. You're standing on your own two feet.
:neutral:

This reeks of coaching. I take it scum don't have daytalk, eh?

VOTE: Titus

Sorry, friend. You gots ta go.
I like this post.

Highly doubt it says anything about ircher, but it is a real big tell on Titus

Also didn't like how fast she abandoned copper (who she calls scum, to his face) to jump on my cytheflyguy wagon

And now I have more meta on Titus :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This is like the direct opposite of what I think.

Also I think zakk is slight scum (not from what I am saying here, before) and Egg is town, I changed my mind from the read list.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 545, Ircher wrote:
Spoiler: NY 195 - D1 Cythefly ISO MAY 22
1. - At page 11, and says will finish up -
You are to page 11 and have zero thoughts? Seriously? Lazy and scum-motivated. -
-3 Points

2. - 4 hours later; "I have read nothing and everything at the same time. Ircher seems most scum atm so I'll go with him for now" -
This is just plain awful! At least everyone else gave AT LEAST ONE reason (even if not good imo) to vote me. Also, how do you read everything & nothing at the same time? If you're town, stop being super lazy. If you are scum, stop being lazy. That was like the most lazy, scum-motivated thing you could at the time. -
-5 Points

3. - Another post; literally says that this is his first macro game and so he'll just be a potato and watch the votes. Also, the AtE of lynch me, I'll be useful later -
Why not be useful right now. Like, explain your read on me (and the rest of the game) rather than just prod-dodge and take a super lazy, inactive role. This is also scum-motivated. -
-5 Points

4. -
This is as bad as the previous ones..... Ugh...... -
-4 Points

Zero town motivation in those posts and like 95% scum motivation to make such posts.

Total Score: -17 points
Average Score: -4.25 (17 / 4)
Final Score: -5.25 (In range of -6 to 6; includes bias score of -1)

Pedit: Doing absolutely nothing & making "Ill help tomorrow" posts is scum-motivated cuz scum dont want to scumhunt cuz they cant.
lol

Actually I don't fucking know. Just abstain on zakk / ETL for now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”