Post by Hoppic »

In post 386, wgeurts wrote:{wgeurts}
{Simoyd}
{Raskolnikov, Murph}
{AlpacaAlpaca}
{KaladinStormblessed}
{Hoppic, RedCoyote}
{SethYazura}

I need not say anything about this post, if you don't see how it's dreadful then you're blind. If you insist I can guide you through it if you truly are so unfortunate.
Yes, that would be good if you could explain why you don't like this list. Thanks.

So far, you've explained why Seth's actions don't make sense to you. The thing is, they don't make sense as scum OR as town. So why do you think he's scum?
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 9:54 am

Post by Hoppic »

Sorry, I cut out the middle part of your post when quoting because it was so long. Don't mind okay?
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Hoppic »

In post 389, Simoyd wrote:
In post 357, SethYazura wrote:What will you gain if I flip town?
In post 351, Simoyd wrote:Can you imagine seth being around still hurting town on day two?
In post 387, wgeurts wrote:I'm willing to policy lynch Seth due to that readslist alone, someone playing like that is going to coast to lylo and lose us the game.
yup
How can one player coast to lylo? This makes no sense. One vote isn't enough to do that and the game will change after the first flip whatever it is.

Also I really dislike this logic of let's lynch him for being a bad town player... in a beginner's game on day 1. A policy lynch? I don't think so.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Murph »

Quick recap:

Against policy lynch ✓
For player replacement ✓
Request more participation ✓

:beer:
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Simoyd »

I have a hard time differentiating between ego and scum motivation.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:07 am

Post by Simoyd »

he still has almost a week to drop the ego if he chooses... If he's scum then he can't really choose to do that, because the motivations aren't ego.

@hoppic: what makes you think he's town?
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Simoyd »

@murph: do you think he's town?
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 407, Simoyd wrote:@murph: do you think he's town?
stupid question - forgot about your previous posts - ignore this
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Simoyd »

Try to get more data to engage people. I think these should all be relevant...

@Murph: What do you think about hoppic?
@Rasco: What do you think about alpaca? What about hoppic?
@Coyote: What do you think about alpaca? What about murph?
@Kaladin: what do you think about murph? what about hoppic?
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

In post 404, Murph wrote:Quick recap:

Against policy lynch ✓
For player replacement ✓
Request more participation ✓

:beer:
Are you against policy lynches in general or in this specific scenario?

Also side note am I supposed to see an emote at the bottom or is it supposed to be just text?
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

Also another question does using @ and than someones username do something special or is it just another way to ask people something
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by Simoyd »

I just see text for :beer:. I don't think @ does anything special, just to be more specific that a response is requested. Not a rhetorical question I guess. Don't need to do it I suppose...
KaladinStormblessed
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
KaladinStormblessed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by KaladinStormblessed »

They both are on the same page on the seth issue, as am I. Murph kinda rubbed me the wrong way at first but hasn't said anything scummy.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by Simoyd »

@Kaladin: Do you think hoppic has said anything scummy?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Alright, anyone online? What's going on?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Sorry for the delay between postings. I have work/family/etc I have to deal with that always takes precedence over MS. I'll look back over the last 5 pages or so, but anyone that wants to engages me now, feel free.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 409, Simoyd wrote:@Coyote: What do you think about alpaca? What about murph?
Alpaca is probably town. Murph is possibly town, but I'm less sure of that.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Hoppic seems like such a good compromise lynch for all of you that cannot agree on Seth or me. Think about it.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Simoyd »

RC: What don't you like about Murph?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Very kneejerk. I'm less convinced of his thoughtfulness than I am most of the other players in this game. I will elaborate in later posts, but I am disappointed with how hard he has came down against me. I don't mind him voting me or being suspicious of me, but I would've been much more comforted had he shown more reluctance or interest in questioning me directly.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Let me put it another way, Sim. I vote people rather weakly, especially early in the game, to garner their reactions. I then pivot based on those reactions (see: my Murph vote). Sometimes I'm content with their reactions and I look elsewhere. Sometimes I find the need to keep the pressure up.

In any case, I don't want to lynch Murph today.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 332, Simoyd wrote:What do you mean by this? If we lynch two town then we're in lylo, is that it?
wgeurts ought to know better than to start pairing people on D1. I mean, everyone connects people, you know, that's inevitable, but to say careless things like "if we lynch X and he flips scum the game is solved" is uncalled for, especially in a newbie game. It's comments like that that tell me that my wgeurts suspicions are unfounded. He ought to know better than to make such grand predictions so early on.

You, on the other hand, may be more ignorant to the game. I don't know you. Maybe you're not ignorant to the game and you're scum. Maybe you're town and you're just ridiculously arrogant. At present, I tend to think you're arrogant town and someone I'd like to "ignore me", for lack of a better word, and strike a compromise with me in the sense that you're willing to trust that I'm not gaming you.
In post 336, Simoyd wrote:I don't want to manipulate you. and I don't want you to sheep me. It's an observation and I feel you've gone past the point where I can target specific things that I think are incorrect or inconsistent. I think I've been pretty clear on things that I disagree about with you, and I think you've tried to be clear about your perspective as well. I think that other people should just review your stuff with tunnelling in mind and come up with their own opinion and contribute it.
This post is little more than buzzwords and phrases. If you have a question for me, ask it. This grandstanding does nothing for me.

---
In post 340, Hoppic wrote:So did you wonder the same thing? Or not?
Of course. I wouldn't have said it otherwise.
In post 341, Hoppic wrote:I don't like the way he cut out his own original words when he quoted me. I think a townie would be more likely to keep all the words in and do his best to explain them. Later he gave an explanation of why he used the phrasing, I THINK I WOULD wonder the same thing as town. But here, in his first attempt, he doesn't explain it at all.
Because there's no reason to elongate a wall. No one really likes walls. I'm stuck with making walls because I don't log into this website every 4 hours to post. It's a significant disadvantage (as evidenced by this game, among many, many others), but I take it because I'd rather take the lazy pressure that arises from me being "absent" than I would be bothered to log into the website every 4 hours to post a new rebuttal.

In any case, this technical argument is weak and meant to prey on new players that are lacking in confidence enough to buy it (see: Kal, Sim).
In post 342, Hoppic wrote:You've made some quite early assumptions about who you think is town. How are your assumptions different?
All players make assumptions. What's your point? wgeurts ought to know better given his quantifiable experience on the website. That's quite a departure from the analogy you're making.

---
In post 345, wgeurts wrote:Also Red Coyote I literally haven't drawn scum in over 1-2 years.
This is a Gambler's Fallacy that means literally nothing except to make you look more scummy in an attempt to falsely prove your innocence.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 353, Simoyd wrote:Policy lynch:
Seth
Why is Seth a policy lynch?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 376, Murph wrote:Actually, I feel like I put my thoughts, about your play, out there coherently and concisely.
The reason I am voting you is documented in my previous post prior to my vote. It has nothing to do with you being controversial at all.
Elaborate.
In post 376, Murph wrote:And those reasons are ?
The number one reason being, of course, it's an "easy" choice. I don't post as much as most of you. It's easy to scapegoat me and call me the "big, bad IC" that's trying to "manipulate" you. Like I said, I'm controversial in the sense that I am willing to always say what I think and unwilling to taper those thoughts to coddle weak-willed townies that nervous about making waves. Other reasons? I know what I'm talking about and the scum would want to get rid of me early on if I am town (which, even with your vote bias, I think you would agree to). I say what I mean and I don't apologize for it.
In post 381, Murph wrote:That something being a clear and flagrant attempt by you to pander as you push your agenda.
Absolutely I am trying to pander to them. Given that I am confident they are both town, it's in my best interest to work together with them. I have no shame in pandering to townies if it gets them to work with me, lol. Why would you think that this is a negative thing?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”