Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Sensei »

I'm reading along here and cerb's posts are okay, though.

Meh.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 107, Ranger wrote:{D&D}
{Mixed 6, Reasonably Irrational, Nahdia, RyLina}
{Sensei, Klingoncelt}
{Fire Assassin, Toogeloo, Zulfy, Xkfyu, Almost50}
{Patches, Shinobi}
Cute reads list.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by Reasonably Irrational »

Mixed6: The thing with the D&D voteless issue is that in a scenario where they were scum and trying to use that for town credit, they would simply NOT utilize their vote until it was game winning to do so. Stockpile insight by doing whatever it is scum do, and use that insight to power through late game lynches with multiple votes. It would be a high risk/high reward strategy, though. As I said though(and as you said) the move itself IS quite townie, but the fact that it's so obviously townie, so much so as to be mandatory if they are actually town, does probably make it more null alignment wise than I want it to be.

What does caution in voting tell you about the player in question? You call it an experience tell. Are you saying it's something more likely to come from inexperienced players? Experienced players? Or merely those, inexperienced or not, who have in the past been placed in situations where said caution was warranted/lack of caution cost them? In short, is it an experience tell, or an EXPERIENTIAL tell?

R&L: I understand your posts, I think. I'll look at it again right now, I was sort of engaged in that whole Shinobi interaction, so I was skimming your posts a bit.

-Cerb
A Hydra of Cerberus v666 & Elbirn
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 123, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 121, Rylai and Lina wrote:
In post 103, Almost50 wrote:Still not sure whom I would want to lynch, but I think this is a fair bet (considering it can't be changed, so it has to be someone I'm fairly reading TOWN, and I hope I'm not being irrational here.)

HUNTMASTER VOTE: Reasonably Irrational
This is contradicting :igmeou: There was plenty of time for making a decision he thought he can't change it.

dah Baka?!!

~Rylai
Hello Frozen.
Your trusted Romeo is here. :P
Juliet speaking~

Don't be scum , ok ? I like to trust you!

~Rylai
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 127, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Mixed6: The thing with the D&D voteless issue is that in a scenario where they were scum and trying to use that for town credit, they would simply NOT utilize their vote until it was game winning to do so. Stockpile insight by doing whatever it is scum do, and use that insight to power through late game lynches with multiple votes. It would be a high risk/high reward strategy, though. As I said though(and as you said) the move itself IS quite townie, but the fact that it's so obviously townie, so much so as to be mandatory if they are actually town, does probably make it more null alignment wise than I want it to be.

What does caution in voting tell you about the player in question? You call it an experience tell. Are you saying it's something more likely to come from inexperienced players? Experienced players? Or merely those, inexperienced or not, who have in the past been placed in situations where said caution was warranted/lack of caution cost them? In short, is it an experience tell, or an EXPERIENTIAL tell?

R&L: I understand your posts, I think. I'll look at it again right now, I was sort of engaged in that whole Shinobi interaction, so I was skimming your posts a bit.

-Cerb
This does not leave an assassin with much confidence.

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 128, Rylai and Lina wrote:
In post 123, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 121, Rylai and Lina wrote:
In post 103, Almost50 wrote:Still not sure whom I would want to lynch, but I think this is a fair bet (considering it can't be changed, so it has to be someone I'm fairly reading TOWN, and I hope I'm not being irrational here.)

HUNTMASTER VOTE: Reasonably Irrational
This is contradicting :igmeou: There was plenty of time for making a decision he thought he can't change it.

dah Baka?!!

~Rylai
Hello Frozen.
Your trusted Romeo is here. :P
Juliet speaking~

Don't be scum , ok ? I like to trust you!

~Rylai
But you didn't trust me in that game.....
You thought I was scum even in dead thread.....
I TRUSTED YOU!
>.>

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 129, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 127, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Mixed6: The thing with the D&D voteless issue is that in a scenario where they were scum and trying to use that for town credit, they would simply NOT utilize their vote until it was game winning to do so. Stockpile insight by doing whatever it is scum do, and use that insight to power through late game lynches with multiple votes. It would be a high risk/high reward strategy, though. As I said though(and as you said) the move itself IS quite townie, but the fact that it's so obviously townie, so much so as to be mandatory if they are actually town, does probably make it more null alignment wise than I want it to be.

-Cerb
What's wrong with it?
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 130, Fire Assassin wrote:But you didn't trust me in that game.....
I TRUSTED YOU!
>.>
I was scum
And you were my enemy

so whats your point?

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 131, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 129, Fire Assassin wrote:

-Cerb
What's wrong with it?
It reads as a player trying to peg someone as scum more than actually scumhunt.

Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 97, Xkfyu wrote:On the Almost50 stuff, I didn't think there was anything particularly wrong with his posts so far. In fact, they seemed to me to be coming from a well thought out mindset.
How so?
And why does that have an affect on your read of him?
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 132, Rylai and Lina wrote:
In post 130, Fire Assassin wrote:But you didn't trust me in that game.....
I TRUSTED YOU!
>.>
I was scum
And you were my enemy

so whats your point?

~Rylai
That I should be the one to ask you if I can trust you!!!!!

Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 135, Fire Assassin wrote:That I should be the one to ask you if I can trust you!!!!!
huh

your response made sense now. to you yeah , in my view your the one that I need to be verified so I need to know if I can trust you.

That's the irony of a mafia game :igmeou: .

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

@Reasonably Irrational, for Daenerys and Dragons, again, there's a lot to gain by voting in this game in particular. It's possible scum could try to gambit around that and hope for a game ending swoop, but it seems like that would put a lot of faith in everyone buying into the only town couldn't vote argument. I don't think it's that strong a move. In the end we agree conclusion-wise so I'm not interested in wasting thread space beyond this arguing about the theory that gets us there. That doesn't help town.

For the tentative opening it could be either, but I had experience in mind in particular. Someone in an overly complex setting compared their previous experiences is more likely to drop into analysis paralysis territory. Bad experiences with a similar setting could have a potentially similar effect though.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 103, Almost50 wrote:She's town ... I think. *"half" a sigh of relief*
What about that readslist makes you think she's town?
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:27 pm

In post 104, Ranger wrote:
Reasonably Irrational wrote:Disappointed that I wasn't already on the list, somewhere near the top...since if you're scum, you already know I'm town, and if you're town, you should know I'm town by now.
Well, you hadn't posted on the first page.

For what it's worth, you're vaguely near the top now, but I'll need more from Elbirn to be sure, not to mention, my read on you always gets better with time so the more I see from either head, really, the more sure I'll be.
Why is nahdia on the list twice, in three separate lists you've made?
Didn't notice. The higher level is the more accurate one.
So...it seems likely you're looking at a proxy slot of some sort, like Bright in Suikoden.
Well in that case, move Patches to the bottom tier. It's a scum ability.

I was evaluating it as a player (it was a scummy post), but if it's a proxy slot, auto-scum.
Shinobi wrote:I don't really think my case on Ranger is good anymore but I'm struggling to find an alternative.
So...this is basically an exact replica of what Shinobi did last game. Having points that he says are in the wrong, but doing nothing about it.
Ah, true, I should have realized you had no posts to go off of on the first list. Alright, acceptable.

Please tell me more about this thing you say Shinobi is doing, and the situation you're comparing it to.
In post 124, Sensei wrote:
In post 112, Reasonably Irrational wrote:
In post 110, Sensei wrote:
In post 48, Reasonably Irrational wrote:What's got your knickers in a twist newfriend?
One of the safest entrances I think I've ever seen.
OMG Senseis here! I literally got up from bed just to get to my computer to type to you!
Elbirn's.

Jumping into the game and townreading a majority of the people who have posted so far and then proceeding to rvs is safe. There's no chance to make any "enemies" when you do that.

It's supplemented by the fact that half the reads I couldn't quite see where he was coming from either.
Ah, makes sense.

Maybe I can try to clear those up?

D&D read we already explained, though Mixed6 is right in that it probably doesn't deserve as much town credit as I'd like to give it.
Zulfy=idk, Elbirn likes Zulfy though. Which isn't a good reason to townread someone, but *shrug*.
A50: We also have discussed this a bit. He liked the cautiousness(he says so a bit later on)
KC: Clearly displaying a mindset of maximizing the likelihood of a success on the first dungeon, which is a town mindset to have, but an obvious one for scum to duplicate. Probably giving too much credit there.

Any thoughts on anything else so far Sensei?

Fire Assassin: Care to elaborate on what you dislike about that post?

-Cerb

pedit: Okay, so you answered Assassin. I'm confused. What about that post strikes you as me attempting to peg someone as scum? I'm admitting that I gave too much town credit to D&D for their openness regarding their lack of a regular vote, not saying that I believe they're scum for it.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 134, Sensei wrote:
In post 97, Xkfyu wrote:On the Almost50 stuff, I didn't think there was anything particularly wrong with his posts so far. In fact, they seemed to me to be coming from a well thought out mindset.
How so?
Somehow, I knew you were gonna ask me about that post, just as soon as I posted it...

Anyways, I was talking specifically about the post where he was being paranoid about putting a random vote down. His thought process, while almost certainly ill-founded, was elaborate, and I think that suggests that he's town.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:34 pm

In post 140, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 134, Sensei wrote:
How so?
Somehow, I knew you were gonna ask me about that post, just as soon as I posted it...

Anyways, I was talking specifically about the post where he was being paranoid about putting a random vote down. His thought process, while almost certainly ill-founded, was elaborate, and I think that suggests that he's town.
Do you have a lot of experience with A50? If so, do you believe he, as scum, wouldn't both with an elaborate explanation for something as likely to be questioned as his post was? If not, why does the elaborate thought process suggest he's town?

-Cerb
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 113, Mixed6 wrote:Shinobi's latest vote is a fine vote. I'm not seeing any useful contribution from Zulfy that would separate him from those who haven't posted yet.
Walk me through why the first part translates to the second part here.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:35 pm

In post 20, Zulfy wrote:aw man aw man aw man
In post 26, Zulfy wrote:VOTE: Zulfy
In post 43, Zulfy wrote:Elbirn you're so great
I wouldn't mind hearing mixed6's response to your question, Sensei, but...

That's the Zulfy ISO. It seems pretty self-explanatory. I'm probably getting in your way though, so I'll just be quiet.

-Cerb
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

@Sensei, first off, your vote still makes me sad. It should go somewhere more useful.

To answer your question, voting for someone who has done nothing to help the town is a fine use of a vote.

I guess I can add that it's a bit easy, but so's my current vote and that doesn't stop it from being a fine vote in any way at this point in the game.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

On another note, it might have been lost in my longish post, but does Ranger typically post tiers like she has been?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:48 pm

In post 145, Mixed6 wrote:On another note, it might have been lost in my longish post, but does Ranger typically post tiers like she has been?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Yes. That is her standard style. Wholly NAI.

-Cerb
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 143, Reasonably Irrational wrote:That's the Zulfy ISO.
You remember how he was in Saga right?
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by Sensei »

VOTE: Almost50
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Sensei »

In post 144, Mixed6 wrote:To answer your question, voting for someone who has done nothing to help the town is a fine use of a vote.
I disagree completely but that's fair. That outlook tends to be common.

Have you touched on the rest of Shinobi's play?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”