Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 120, Ranger wrote:
Music and Mail wrote:Okay, why?
Regardless of your alignment, innocentvillager is scum, that's why.
I can see innocentvillager posting that post as your scumbuddy, given areas like this:
Why is everyone sheeping Ranger?
Why tf would scum prime you after you get lynched (and therefore why should firefighter save you)? I'm confused.
Now that I look at it again, M&M's later reaction posts just look like annoyed confibiasing townie omgusing on Ranger.
I can see innocentvillager posting that post with us both as town, given areas like this:
I am not sure what to think about the Ranger vs M&M
. Honestly
both of you look a little scummy
, but Ranger more so than M&M. I
would be surprised if neither of you were scum
(^There's a REASON I quoted that when voting yaknow!)
I have to say that I had a very similar thought as M&M.
And, as M&M mentioned, it looks like me as scum not knowing whether something is actually townie or if it's because of hindsight bias knowing they're town .
In no world do I see
any
of it as town.
Bleh, not a fan of this. Does this mean you no longer scum read Music & Mail? You were 95% sure that M&M is scum, even got him to L-2. Why leave and start a fresh wagon on IV? What changed?
In post 122, Music and Mail wrote:Ranger, your case is
horribly
reachy and flimsy. Not to mention that innocentvillager looks pretty obvtown to me.
If you're town here you deserve to be lynched.

-- Mail
Why is IV obvtown to you?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Town: Alexcellent
Null-Town: Kappy; Alpaca
Null: BTD6; drmyshotty; Kickass; Music & Mail
Scum: Ranger; InnocentVillager

IV is in the scum pile largely for 110, the apparent strong need for everyone to agree with his reads and the non-committal Ranger vote. Also didn't get a good vibe from the way he was reacting to shotty.
Ranger's strangely confident reads list doesn't strike me as necessarily scummy itself - just weird. I don't know where the reads come from. But I do dislike her more recent posts and the sudden jump from M&M to IV is pretty jarring and unexpected, considering how strong her scum read was on M&M. Also, she appears to be dodging Alpaca's question (). Gonna do this.

VOTE: Ranger
That's L-1!!
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

UNVOTE:

That's NOT L-1! RC wants to do things.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Ranger »

Alpaca wrote:Ranger would you care to elaborate on why you think I'm town for my RVS vote in post 28.
I could easily!
I'm choosing not to. It's a non-issue. Unless you're at risk of being lynched, it's simply not something I need to spend my time on.
Music and Mail wrote:Ranger, your case is horribly reachy and flimsy. Not to mention that innocentvillager looks pretty obvtown to me.
Oh really?
Explain your reads on innocentvillager to me please.
I've only played with town-you twice, but both times I could actually understand where your reads were coming from. This, on the other hand... I just... I have several issues with this readslist.
^This implies you held severe issue with innocentvillager, in the middle of my list.
And this is an attitude you would
never
take as town.
Ever.

ESPECIALLY not to me, of all people.
Alexcellent wrote:These are some pretty strong reads based on little content. Your top town reads (including me) really don't have a lot of content to get a read from.
Welcome to a Ranger game.

This is something that, frankly, I thought I wouldn't have to explain anymore aside from the occasional newbie-in-an-open. But to be as explicit as possible: I am
Ranger
. I come from a site which specializes in reading the RVS. It's what we do. I maintain this habit on here. So, yes. Your little content? Is plenty for me.
I don't understand your scum read on Music and Mail. Can you go a bit more into detail as to why they are scum?
Sure! Separate post though; it'll have to wait until after I've caught up.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Ranger »

Riddleton wrote:Does this mean you no longer scum read Music & Mail?
Nope, they're still a scumread.
You were 95% sure that M&M is scum, even got him to L-2. Why leave and start a fresh wagon on IV? What changed?
Simple. Music and Mail, while almost certainly scum, does in fact have that 5% chance of being town.

Innocentvillager does not have that same leeway. was a pure scum post, as
you yourself noted
Why is IV obvtown to you?
Good question!

So why the vote on
me
instead of
them
?
Uh-huh. So your theory is that innocentvillager and I decided to spontaneously cross-bus? I don't know if the scum have daytalk or not, but if they don't, without any way of having coordinating it or explaining why?
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Ranger »

Just checked. I think according to the PMs on the front page scum don't have daychat, so it couldn't be coordinated, it couldn't be planned.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Ranger »

Mod: can you update the playerlist with the replacements?
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

lmfao Everyone's scumreading my 110

At least you guys attempted to give actual reasons for your scumreads unlike shotty.

Give me a sec to read the thread again and post, though idk how much time I have to spend on this
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 128, Ranger wrote:
Alpaca wrote:Ranger would you care to elaborate on why you think I'm town for my RVS vote in post 28.
I could easily!
I'm choosing not to. It's a non-issue. Unless you're at risk of being lynched, it's simply not something I need to spend my time on.
So you don't really have a decent reason for avoiding the question, more that you just don't feel like answering it?
Alexcellent wrote:These are some pretty strong reads based on little content. Your top town reads (including me) really don't have a lot of content to get a read from.
Welcome to a Ranger game.

This is something that, frankly, I thought I wouldn't have to explain anymore aside from the occasional newbie-in-an-open. But to be as explicit as possible: I am
Ranger
. I come from a site which specializes in reading the RVS. It's what we do. I maintain this habit on here. So, yes. Your little content? Is plenty for me.
You'll probably have to explain it to anyone who isn't familiar with you. I don't believe I've played a Ranger game before.
In post 129, Ranger wrote:
Riddleton wrote:Does this mean you no longer scum read Music & Mail?
Nope, they're still a scumread.
You were 95% sure that M&M is scum, even got him to L-2. Why leave and start a fresh wagon on IV? What changed?
Simple. Music and Mail, while almost certainly scum, does in fact have that 5% chance of being town.

Innocentvillager does not have that same leeway. was a pure scum post, as
you yourself noted
So to clarify:
M&M = 95% chance of being scum
IV = 100% chance
So why the vote on
me
instead of
them
?
Pretty much because there were more votes on you already, and where I expect IV to probably respond to everything anyway, I disliked that you weren't answering Alpaca's question so more pressure on you seemed like the better use of my vote.
Uh-huh. So your theory is that innocentvillager and I decided to spontaneously cross-bus? I don't know if the scum have daytalk or not, but if they don't, without any way of having coordinating it or explaining why?
Nope. I never said that I thought you were scum together, just that you are both scum reads. I find it unlikely that you're both on the same team. Either of you bussing here wouldn't make sense.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by Ranger »

Music and Mail wrote:intent.
^The scumread started here. The offered intent, regardless of whether serious or a joke, is not something I see a town player doing. Honestly, given the players in there, it wouldn't at all surprise me to have them lolhammer on page one as town, even. The 'why' behind it is harder to describe without an understanding of them. Basically, while it would be an anti-town action, counter-intuitively, in an RC mindset, it would actually increase their odds of being useful: if they lolhammered scum, they would be confirmed town. If they hammered town, then they would be an
incredibly
unlikely douse target for N1, effectively ensuring by proxy that they'd live to see D3 at least. What of the D2 risk in being mislynched?

This is a hydra of
RadiantCowbells
with
Postie
. Town-them holds absolutely no fear of being lynched whatsoever, because in their world, there isn't any possible way they could get lynched. Given all these factors? Absolutely, yes, I would expect them as town to hammer. Why would they not hammer as scum when much of this applies to their scum game too? Because as scum, their main goal isn't to lynch town, so much as it is to manipulate town into lynching town. A hammer on town would be lynching town, sure. But it would not be playing the long-game.

RadiantCowbells, as scum, is always, ALWAYS setting up for the long-game. A lolhammer is a shortsighted move, something he'd do as town but not as scum because town-RC is shortsighted (mostly) whereas scum-RC is a planner. So, instead of hammering, they contribute to the discussion and look town by giving intent, without actually killing shotty. (Note that this does rely a lot on shotty being town. If shotty were scum and RC were a scumbuddy, absolutely RC would lolhammer on page one, because he'd get town credit for it and it'd cut discussion short.)

had a fake tone to it.
Yeah, so if this game continues with this much content scum are going to autowin. Someone unvote Shotty and let's get some discussion going, hmm?
@Everyone
if you had to pick one person as scum from the last two pages who would it be?
This is actually a signature of
my
scum game, but it applies to theirs just as much: an effort to try and appear town, without actually doing anything town. This is empty.

In , I hated the waffle on shotty, and also the way they greeted me did not feel like a town greeting. This was the content as of my "guess who?" post, though at the time I posted that, I hadn't yet received my role PM, so I didn't know if I was replacing in as scum or not. (Obviously, if I had landed into a scum slot, I wouldn't have been able to push them because they'd, you know, be my scumbuddy.)

Since then, we've got more. Aside from what I just pointed out?
Autolynching Ranger tomorrow for this.
If Music and Mail were town, they would be raising
absolute hell
about my scumread on there. We're talking, going virtually Frozen Angel levels of ballistic.
Well, actually, small correction. If they were town and townread me, they would be ranting at me.
If they were town and scumreading me, they would be ranting at the town about me.

This was it though.
This, literally this, was basically the whole of their Ranger push.
It's fake. It's insincere.
You get , but it's not filled with passion. It has no energy. It's flat, dull even.
is also more of the same. It's just further elaborating, but at the same time, not. It's not making a big display of it. Me scumreading RC is a
very big deal
To me, RC is just another player. I don't treat him any differently than I would anyone else. But this is not mutual. RC holds me in a whole different league, so he should be angry. He should be emotional. He should be saying how sad he is that I've gone downhill like this, he should be trying to work with me, or if he seriously thinks I replaced in as scum and for some UNGODLY reason went all-out on him (which...runs contrary to literally every piece of my scum meta, ever), he would not rest until I was dead.

Yet he's complacent here.
He's docile.
And that is not a town-Radiant.

And as a last point? (All the posts I've skipped are already featured in my iso; read them.)
Music and Mail wrote:UNVOTE: That's NOT L-1! RC wants to do things.
This is RC setting up the long game. He knows that if I get lynched now, I'm flipping town. I become a tree stump, and I
hard
push. Others may listen. That's a danger for him. So what does he need to do? He needs to earn town credit. He needs to do something that will make people think he's town. If it makes me think he's town, mission accomplished. But it works even if I still scumread him (I do), so long as others buy into what he's trying to sell here, that he's waiting.

But a town-RC? If he legitimately thought I was scum,
he would never let go
. He wouldn't unvote, not even for a moment. He might ask for someone else to unvote, sure, yeah, but his vote would remain, because he wouldn't be willing to unvote me.

That's why I'm 95% sure Music and Mail is scum.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

k so done here.

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by Ranger »

Alexcellent wrote:So you don't really have a decent reason for avoiding the question, more that you just don't feel like answering it?
Not feeling like answering it, as far as I'm concerned, is reason enough to not answer it. I have a townread on Alpaca. Unless Alpaca's life is in danger, I don't see reason to go into detail right now, when my time is better spent, oh, you know, actually lynching scum. It's wasted effort otherwise. It takes me 30 seconds to point to posts that generate a read. It takes me 30 minutes to explain those posts.
I don't believe I've played a Ranger game before.
Open 634.
So to clarify: M&M = 95% chance of being scum
IV = 100% chance
There's no chance involved in 100%, but otherwise, yes.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

UNVOTE: Ranger
VOTE: InnocentVillager
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:55 pm

In post 124, Alexcellent wrote:Why do you want everyone to agree with you and town read Kappy so badly?
Because it's a very strong read for me. Someone who completely disregards the scum pov can't really be scum. I wish more of you saw this, but it's like beating a dead horse at this point so whatever. Kappy is basically 95% town for me because of this post. His later play seems to be consistent with his previous play as well.
In post 129, Ranger wrote:Innocentvillager does not have that same leeway. 110 was a pure scum post, as you yourself noted.
You seem to have a lot of confidence in your reads, which means you're either extremely egotistical or scum. From this, if you're town, you're basically 100% sure that I'm scum (and if not 100%, apparently a LOT more than 95%, since even 95% isn't too much for you given the likelihood of one of us being scum is 25% fypov if you're town). If you're serious about the percentages (which it seems like you are), how can you be 100% sure that someone is scum? How many times have you been wrong when you're 100% sure they're scum? I just don't understand how you can come in with this huge "I'm the shit" attitude, go off of so little, be so sure, and be so wrong.
In post 128, Ranger wrote:This is something that, frankly, I thought I wouldn't have to explain anymore aside from the occasional newbie-in-an-open. But to be as explicit as possible: I am Ranger. I come from a site which specializes in reading the RVS. It's what we do. I maintain this habit on here. So, yes. Your little content? Is plenty for me.
This is ridiculous. Just explain your reads, oh wise Ranger. Get off your high horse and give people a reason to follow you, instead of just trying to solve the game yourself or bullshit reads yourself. I don't care how good you think you are or how wrong you are with your read on me, but withholding information from the town is antitown attitude at its finest.
In post 130, Ranger wrote:Just checked. I think according to the PMs on the front page scum don't have daychat, so it couldn't be coordinated, it couldn't be planned.
This looks like an extremely forced attempt to townslip. It's like you're posting this for us to see, not for yourself. If you were town you most likely would've just checked before you posted.

I have a lot more thoughts, but I am out of time for now.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:56 pm

In post 136, Ranger wrote:There's no chance involved in 100%, but otherwise, yes.
You cannot have a 100% scumread on someone. That is physically not possible, even if they are scum. I don't even know how to deal with you anymore.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:58 pm

In post 139, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 136, Ranger wrote:There's no chance involved in 100%, but otherwise, yes.
You cannot have a 100% scumread on someone. That is physically not possible, even if they are scum. I don't even know how to deal with you anymore.
Like you have literally lost all credibility the moment you say that. I'm not even just saying this because I know I'm town, if you said that about anyone in this game it shows that your head's too far up your ass in confbias land to make sense of anything.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:58 pm

In post 136, Ranger wrote:Not feeling like answering it, as far as I'm concerned, is reason enough to not answer it. I have a townread on Alpaca. Unless Alpaca's life is in danger, I don't see reason to go into detail right now, when my time is better spent, oh, you know, actually lynching scum. It's wasted effort otherwise. It takes me 30 seconds to point to posts that generate a read. It takes me 30 minutes to explain those posts.
No
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:00 pm

If you're 100% scum, would you agree to get lynched tomorrow when you're wrong about me?

Of course you would. After all, there is no chance involved in 100% scum, right?

Please lynch Ranger immediately on D2 if I happen to get lynched kthxbai
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:02 pm

innocentvillager wrote:If you're 100% scum,
Typo: If you're 100% sure that I'm scum.

SOrry, I promise last post for a while. I'm going to bed.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

I find 134 reachy in a lot of ways and I strongly disagree with some of the things you're saying. In particular, I don't think they would lolhammer as town and I certainly wouldn't scum read them for not hammering an RVS wagon. However, I kind of don't see your analysis coming from scum.

I don't think I've played with Postie before. And I only really have experience with RC's town game, although:
And this is an attitude you would
never
take as town.
Ever.

ESPECIALLY not to me, of all people.
I feel like I
could
see that coming from town RC, so I'm not so sure that I'd buy them as scum. However I'm feeling better about you.

And yeah I forgot about Sharing is Caring. Although I think you replaced in well after I died.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 135, Music and Mail wrote:k so done here.

What things did you need to do?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 142, innocentvillager wrote:If you're 100% scum, would you agree to get lynched tomorrow when you're wrong about me?

Of course you would. After all, there is no chance involved in 100% scum, right?

Please lynch Ranger immediately on D2 if I happen to get lynched kthxbai

You realise if you're lynched as town, you're not actually out of the game, you just lose your vote, right? This doesn't feel like it's coming from a tree's perspective.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by Ranger »

innocentvillager wrote:If you're 100% scum, would you agree to get lynched tomorrow when you're wrong about me?
I'd expect nothing less!

Alexcellent wrote:You realise if you're lynched as town, you're not actually out of the game, you just lose your vote, right? This doesn't feel like it's coming from a tree's perspective.
Precisely.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 136, Ranger wrote:
Alexcellent wrote:So you don't really have a decent reason for avoiding the question, more that you just don't feel like answering it?
Not feeling like answering it, as far as I'm concerned, is reason enough to not answer it. I have a townread on Alpaca. Unless Alpaca's life is in danger, I don't see reason to go into detail right now, when my time is better spent, oh, you know, actually lynching scum. It's wasted effort otherwise. It takes me 30 seconds to point to posts that generate a read. It takes me 30 minutes to explain those posts.
So there is absolutely no possible short answer to this question?
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:13 am

Post by Kappy »

In post 128, Ranger wrote:I could easily!
Hmm...
Town reading someone for RVS with no reason why. Claiming there's a reason while trying not to explain in. "it's simply not something I need to spend my time on" It wouldn't take much effort to explain it. You already spent time thinking about it, now you just have to write in down. I definitely am leaning towards Ranger+Alpaca as our scum team.

Return to “Completed Open Games”