Mini 1802: Paint Mafia Sequel - Game Over!

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by pieguyn »

like, I think there's a very real chance what's going on here is that you/TSQ got into a huge town/town infight and scum just sat and enjoyed it from the sidelines. I can't help but feel you don't want to consider other possibilities because you're biased here and really just want him to be scum... and this, in turn, is _exactly_ why it's fairly common scum play to take advantage of town/town infights to hopefully ride them out to mislynches. and this is why I want you to look at lala again - she kinda sorta just coasted through the whole thing while pushing weak scum reads individually on both you and TSQ without taking any firm stances or making any good observations at all elsewhere, really. even if I think Katsuki has done nothing town, I'm pretty hesitant to just accept "TSQ's slot is still scum because of his posts to me earlier" unless you can show me more well thought-out reasoning for your read here

not to mention, if you're right about Aris being scum, I'm pretty sure he did exactly the same thing during the you/TSQ interactions that I think lala did here.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by pieguyn »

also Ranger, I am thoroughly disappointed. I was actually kinda looking forward to seeing how your reads would turn out when you were done catching up since I imagine we would get pretty good results when working together on reads (going off of our one game where we were both actually town), but in addition to reading me as scum your reads are almost the exact opposite of mine. :/

I don't really know where to begin, either, since I imagine this is a scenario where me asking you questions about your reads would be counter-productive.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:01 pm

Post by pieguyn »

itle is town.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by pieguyn »

{Nina, Ranger, dwlee, itle, UTL}

i feel pretty sure everyone in the above group of players is town

{Katsuki*, bella, Spiffeh, Nahdia, TBG}

i have conflicting feelings about all of these players. most of them have some posts that i like, but i keep finding or agreeing with reasons to take issue with their play after i think about it some more - i might go through and talk about some of them later, if it's relevant or if someone asks, but regardless i would rather not lynch in this group today

{Aris, lala}

i've explained the lala scum read, in-depth, several times already. as for Aris, i alluded to this earlier but even when he has been here, i feel like he's been actively trying to avoid making waves in the game - he's been posting here and there but i feel like all of his posts are the types of posts scum typically make when they're looking for ways to coast as opposed to town taking any kind of stance. after the early game, i.e. the first two RL days or so, he's basically popped in, declared town reads on Nahdia and lala for no reason besides "natural posting" which is a really easy excuse when you want to bullshit a town read in a way where no one will question it... then he disappeared again, popped in again and complained about my walls ... and then ???. the latter, especially, is a kind of thing i would expect scum to post when they want to snipe at something in order to look like they're attempting to analyze the game when they're not (i would imagine a town approach being something like him explicitly calling me misguided for posting a bunch of walls about someone he had a strong town read on).

i don't particularly have a third scum read i feel strongly on - i keep waffling back and forth between people in the second tier.

i would really prefer if people noticed that there are a lot of people who seem to have scum reads on lala who are either voting elsewhere or just not voting. i don't usually like to comment on things like this but we have like 4 days left and the largest wagon is at two fucking votes, so... /shrug
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:00 pm

Post by Ranger »

itlepip wrote:give us an estimated timeframe or eat a lynch.
How about...no.

It will happen when it happens.

It will be very obvious when it happens.

That is all that needs to be said.

If you don't like it, tough. Try pushing a lynch on me. It won't happen, because the town this game is smart enough to know that I would never fakeclaim something like this. So, try me. I dare you to.
You managed to completely dodge the flip phase by that argument, which right now doesn't make any sense to me from TownRanger.
I was never voted in the flip phase. Everyone said, "oh, let's flip X, lynch Ranger". I told them this would be very much a bad idea.

I was also far from dodging responsibility. I was pushing. Hard-pushing. To get a pie flip. I was willing to compromise on another strong player. But a flip happened on someone who was basically a non-entity, who would be of little use going forward. (No offense meant, Nina. I'm just saying that I don't think you are going to nail the scum and that even if you did, you wouldn't have the charisma to lynch them.) That was not my doing.

In your defense, it wasn't yours either. In fact, you voted Spiffeh, who I was willing to compromise on.
a). your conf has to be mod confirmed
It will be. When I say mod-confirmed. I mean, 100%, from the mod, confirmed. It is something that absolutely will not be avoided. It is something that will not be doubted.
UpTooLate wrote:Is that seriously why you have a scum read/lean whatever on me? Because I agreed with others that I flipping scum Day 1 would be fantastic as scum haven't had a chance to manipulate anything yet?
Not what I said.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:40 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

ranger continues to be entirely unhelpful

this is extremely obnoxious/poor town play if it is town play

spiffeh's posts since i voted him are better, so VOTE: lala.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:32 am

Post by lalaladucks »

okay i'm back

mafia yay what a joy so pumped
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:46 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 468, pieguyn wrote:i don't really get you acting like this when you have all of two votes and there seems to be a lot of resistance to lynching you but if you can explain how everything about the TSQ/Nina scum reads somehow slipped your mind when you were trying to read them, yet you seemed to have no problem specifically making an argument against one TSQ post which was mostly irrelevant
i don't really get what you mean with the "how everything about tsq/nina scumreads slipped my mind" - i jotted down my reads in the list, gave reasons for some reads, otherwise they were simply b/c of gut+feeling of tone from people's posts
when i was reading the game that post i quoted from tsq struck me as just terrible and also i like saying ad hominem tbh so i quoted it! i mean i'm not claiming it's the main reason i scumread him but it's part of the reason
- or why you just came in here and voted Nina despite expressing that you wanted to sort through their interactions first (hint: i doubt you can)
to be completely honest i couldn't be bothered going back through and reading again >___>
- or even give a more in-depth explanation of why you are/were conveniently scum reading TSQ's slot/Nina individually,
blegh.... some of the reason i don't remember by now anyway and i don't wanna reread so i'm alright with you keeping your vote on me/pushing for my lynch
your reads in general are bad enough that i'm suspicious of you
then i might be more inclined to back off of you, yes. i am continuing to push you as scum because you have not answered any of these points.
i'm not gonna be obnoxious enough to be like "soznotsoz" but uh...... okay!
what are you expecting, me to just go "lol nope, lala is town now for ... magic reasons"?
i chuckled. i don't expect that to happen but at this point i've resigned myself to consistently being scumread so ya
because that would be stupid, and obviously so. if i'm wrong then convince me i'm wrong - just because i write a lot of words doesn't mean i won't reconsider my reads if someone provides a compelling reason for it
see that seems reasonable but i think if i try you're still gonna scumread me
and no, i don't remember you doing any of these things in O593 at all, and i don't exactly know why you're trying to pull up a game from one year ago as if everyone is somehow able to remember in-detail how everyone acts in every game they play.
okie yeah i won't go back to look at it then

hm reading this post you sound just
so reasonable and it makes me seem
so UNREASONABLE
prolly cos i am but eh
grrraarrrrrrrrrrrr
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:47 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 469, Bellaphant wrote:Lala's protesting too much looks so scummy, though.

Ugh, lala, have you got thoughts on the rest of the game? Like, you say you wanna ignore pie but you keep circling back to it.
yes thoughts, you're scum!

:0

also ignoring is rude so i didn't
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:52 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 472, Dwlee99 wrote:I like being carried
In post 477, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 476, itlepip wrote:pieguy is town, didn't like that post from lala at all. The whole 'thinking out loud' feels gimmicky tbh.
hey wow we agree
why dont you actually vote lala then
see i don't think dwlee can be scum b/c he's doing nothing except try to get people to lynch me. if i'm lynched, i flip town, people go well hm who is incriminated by that flip?
pie? well yeah she pushed that pretty hard so might be scumz but at least she had
reasons

who else
hmm
oh yeah dwlee! dwlee? what's that guy done ALL GAME? let's iso him ah yes let's see......... well. not much here apart from trying to get lala lynched

like CAN SCUM ACTUALLY BE THAT DUMB? that they would do -basically nothing- apart from making pretty much contentless posts and trying to convince people to vote me

so congrats dwlee you've earned yourself a townread from this duck by not playing well
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:55 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 487, Spiffeh wrote:Nahdia looks a little better tonally and I don't think it's out of the ordinary for her to be suspicious of my inactivity given what she's seen from me as town

Bella hasn't provided a reason for scum reading me (other than my reads are terrible?) and I know she's seen me inactive early on as town before so she doesn't really have an excuse

A lot of her questions seem surface level to me and I don't really see her taking firm stances or even following up on the questions she asks?

She's using words like "awkward" and "terrible" rather than give explanations for feeling that way
i like this post and agree
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:58 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 498, pieguyn wrote:
In post 496, Spiffeh wrote:Pie what are your thoughts on Bella?
I've agreed with the majority of her reads this game, lala-scum being the primary example of this,
okay so, this is a terrible reason to townread bella
just want to quote this here, if i get lynched, look at my flip, lynch her next PLEASE
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:02 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 499, pieguyn wrote: how, specifically, would you have expected town-bella to approach her read on you? do you know her reads and/or pushes to be more in-depth than this as town, or... ?
i know this question wasn't directed towards me but i've definitely seen much better from her

like i kno it's prob hypocritical of me to be like "she's different to this as town" when my townplay has changed kinda significantly since i discovered that i actually kinda hate mafia after i started playing last year but i'm like 75% sure she's not town here
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:03 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 501, Katsuki wrote:I've been incredibly hungover today and still feeling nauseous. Hopefully tomorrow.
scumbae :[
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:13 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 506, Katsuki wrote:No.

I do need someone to give me a summary of this game though. I don't have the motivation to catch up and I was p fucked up over the weekend
summary:
nina = confirmed town from colour flip
pie says i'm scum b/c of a shittily reasoned readslist + lack of following-up/caring/providing reasons on nina-tsq/u interactions
dwlee says i'm scum b/c he can't read me
ranger wanted to flip pie, i thought to confirm her as town but actually seems b/c ranger thinks she's scum, also says she(ranger) will be mod-confirmed town at some point in the game after day 1
spiffeh didn't do anything for a long time then he came back and made some posts that weren't awful so he's unlikely scum!
tehbrawlguy makes posts but he's kinda under the radar to me? idk. i forgot he was one of the players earlier
itle is prob town? don't agree with pressuring ranger to give a set timeframe to be confirmed but do agree that ranger's content doesn't reeeeeally look town
game is slow, idk what else

katsuki, bella, ?????? scumteam
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:15 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 507, Nina Williams wrote: Katsuki-Aristophanes and one of Nahdia/Bellaphant/itlepip would be my guess.
oh yeah i forgot aristo was in this game also, he looks likely scum
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:18 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 512, Aristophanes wrote:Hey, proddodge for the next couple hours. I'll be posting properly then (or at least reading properly again.)
hey buddy your iso is vacuous, chuck us a readslist?
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:21 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 516, Ranger wrote: {Nina}
{Nahdia}
{Katsuki}
{Bellaphant}
{Dwlee, Aristophanes, Spiffeh}
{itlepip}
{laladucks}
{TehBrawlGuy}
{UpTooLate}
{pie}
surprised to see pie that low tbh
and aristophanes that high?????
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 534, lalaladucks wrote:so congrats dwlee you've earned yourself a townread from this duck by not playing well
I come back after my internet was down since sunday at 7 pm est and see this and this post just
I love you lmfao
I prefer they, thanks :)
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 532, lalaladucks wrote: hm reading this post you sound just
so reasonable and it makes me seem
so UNREASONABLE
prolly cos i am but eh
grrraarrrrrrrrrrrr
Well duh? You're calling me scum of all people.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 538, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 501, Katsuki wrote:I've been incredibly hungover today and still feeling nauseous. Hopefully tomorrow.
scumbae :[
:[
In post 539, lalaladucks wrote:

I do need someone to give me a summary of this game though. I don't have the motivation to catch up and I was p fucked up over the weekend
summary:
nina = confirmed town from colour flip
pie says i'm scum b/c of a shittily reasoned readslist + lack of following-up/caring/providing reasons on nina-tsq/u interactions
dwlee says i'm scum b/c he can't read me
ranger wanted to flip pie, i thought to confirm her as town but actually seems b/c ranger thinks she's scum, also says she(ranger) will be mod-confirmed town at some point in the game after day 1
spiffeh didn't do anything for a long time then he came back and made some posts that weren't awful so he's unlikely scum!
tehbrawlguy makes posts but he's kinda under the radar to me? idk. i forgot he was one of the players earlier
itle is prob town? don't agree with pressuring ranger to give a set timeframe to be confirmed but do agree that ranger's content doesn't reeeeeally look town
game is slow, idk what else

katsuki, bella, ?????? scumteam
So let's have a come to Jesus meeting.

1. Why do you think I'm scum
2. If you really think I'm scum, why are you giving me a summary... = =

In the meantime,
unvote

p.s. thanks for the summary! tho it was more a readslist but oh well
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Why are people saying my posts were good but still not entertaining Bella as scum

like at all?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 513, UpTooLate wrote:

If I have to read so do you.
:<

Cupcakes aren't known for reading though!
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Oh I guess lala did?
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:49 am

Post by itlepip »

In post 546, Spiffeh wrote:Why are people saying my posts were good but still not entertaining Bella as scum

like at all?
Who is calling your posts good?
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”