Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Actually I went too far. ISOing again and Hoppics day 2-3 is still really good or at least genuine even if the d1 was rotten. It's really tough between him and murph still...
But the negative association (i.e. not SvS) still holds up.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Actually hoppic pulls out the "I don't understand" card so often in his town game too so his entrance here isn't nearly as bad as I thought. His thought on RC post flip also make sense from there.
But that's a really well faked readslist from murph too if hoppic's town so eugh.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

But hoppics alpaca read is far more natural than murph's and that bit of humour/sarcasm is very rare for scum talking about their partners (too relaxed).
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Can we not have today completely dead?
No matter how much I scratch my head over it the day 1-2 info is not enough.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Kala especially since you're literally conftown and in the highest influence/responsibility position here (as well as by far the most likely NK given that).
deranged and incoherent
?
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Murph »

In post 872, Raskolnikov wrote:Okay murph is town. Actually a big relief here.
It's statements like this that make me wary of you.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Murph »

In post 878, Raskolnikov wrote:Can we not have today completely dead?
No matter how much I scratch my head over it the day 1-2 info is not enough.

Exactly why I've requested a complete assessment from the remaining players. Including Kal.

It's cards on the table time.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Did you read what I wrote?
If you have a concern you should go into it and question instead of leaving it as you being wary.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

If you're town it's in your interest to talk to me here and I'd very much like it as well here.
deranged and incoherent
?
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Murph »

In post 882, Raskolnikov wrote:
Did you read what I wrote?
If you have a concern you should go into it and question instead of leaving it as you being wary.

Are you referring to this post ?
In post 873, Raskolnikov wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 870, Murph wrote:Ras - I've read you as null for most of the game. Although I've agreed with you a lot, there is an underlying current of distrust I cannot shake. With that said, you've been the most engaging D3.
This is a huge towntell that you couldn't have known about; this is by far the feeling I incite in most town if they actually force themselves to make any judgement at all. Scum usually either townread me for no reason or scumread/push but the classic uneasiness/paranoia is what especially newbies get from me, when people actually give a read on me at all (i.e. not just ignoring me which I often get from both).

Spoilering in hope this doesn't get seen in a quick meta skim and abused too much, though only newbies could really use this.
My concern is how it made me feel when I read it. My first thought was "damn right" but then I felt like maybe I was being manipulated by someone that :knew: I was town.

It's a double edged sword. I don't know who I can trust right now.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Murph »

In post 883, Raskolnikov wrote:If you're town it's in your interest to
talk to me
here and I'd very much like it as well here.

I seem to be the only other one doing so.

Explain how it's in my interest, please.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Murph »

Lemme rephrase it, I don't know who I should trust right now.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Murph »

Good talk, Russ

;)

I'll be back in the morning. Hopefully everyone will have taken the time to post their thoughts on the remaining players.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

More information is generally always pro-town and avoiding talking to people literally only benefits a townsperson if they're cop-type PR wanting to avoid attention/nk.
OTOH mafia have motivation to do either since talking to someone they can setup/cast doubt on them but avoiding them is giving less information away and scum also don't want to antagonise people lylo.
It's also another thing if you think about "gamestate"; mafia want dead gamestate and low activity so encouraging discussion is generally against their goals.

Obviously no one really knows who to trust now (apart from kala which at least narrows it down) but if you have questions/concerns it would be better to reach out and ask them or "explore" a bit since it forces the tempo and puts more onus or pressure onto others to respond.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I was eating you jerk...
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Now I'm alone again.
deranged and incoherent
?
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Hoppic »

Both days there were two town wagons. So easy for scum. All they needed to do was lay low and look out for power roles. But not TOO low. Not as low as kaladin, who was making people suspicious.

The first day they killed Simoyd, who was being strongly town read, but who also might have had a power role because he was so engaged in the play. On the second day, they killed radiantcowbells. Not sure why, and it depends on their alternatives. They only had three alternatives. Kaladin, who would have seen next in line for lynching, me who hammered two townies (sorry), and a third person. Why not the third person?

For example, if the third person was alpaca, he was being widely town read. So was raskolnikov, so why not them in preference to radiantcowbells? Or Murphy? Maybe they wanted to be unobvious for fear of being blocked.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 870, Murph wrote:Okay, I've read the entire thread twice now. Once to recap and the second time to try to figure out pairings.
Whomever you both are, you've done well to disguise yourselves. And for the record, Kal if not for your claim, and the lack thereof a counterclaim, you'd still be my strongest scum read.

Hop - You have been listed as suspect by just about everyone that is dead. You've managed to straddle the fence while being the hammer on both lynches. Uncanny. You also spent most of D2 rehashing Seth's play.
Alpaca - You have been universally read as town by almost everyone for the entire game. You've engaged in direct conversations while presenting a town front. You definitely have come across as Teflon. Almost too polished.
Ras - I've read you as null for most of the game. Although I've agreed with you a lot, there is an underlying current of distrust I cannot shake. With that said, you've been the most engaging D3.

There is a common thread between two of you that continues to evade me.

What I'd like is for each of you to give an assessment of each of the remaining players.
Yeah, and those dead players were really bad at picking out scum. It's only been townies up for lynching all along. I'll go back and make some comments.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 92, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:Ok so I just caught up and I think that Murph has been a little defensive but only because he was called out on some things which wouldn't be good just to leave alone. He was possibly overly defensive but I am going to keep that tucked away in my memory for later analysis.

I am tempted to start pointing fingers at people however I think that D1 is mostly about talking semantics about posts and so on this point I have to say that I am a little confused at Seth making a post sound strange on purpose and than covering it up as it being his 'secret', although that may also be entirely valid. I think that Simoyd's questions were good ones and on that note I have to say that on post 33 I am not convinced as KS having the same opinion as someone is a scumtell, although it is mildly suspicious you can't change up your opinions every time if you don't state them first to appear as not just simply agreeing instead of holding the same beliefs.

As for post 34 I think that the third sentence was a bit iffy "possibly" but in the end might just be a way to get conversation started D1.

I am extremely non committal right now since I I personally think that everything said so far could be taken either way, now the nest step is to cross check what people say in the future with suspicions I already hold for them.
Alpaca's first post. He names Murphy straight up, and says he's defensive. That's very bold play if they're scum together. He doesn't mention Raskolnikov at all, which seems more likely to me, for one scum to completely not mention another scum.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 117, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:Ok sorry I was away today and part of yesterday however I am back for hopefully many posts in the future.

In post 116, Simoyd wrote:VOTE: SethYazura

Since he doesn't have a vote on him and certainly deserves one. No intent to lynch at this point.
Just wondering why would you vote someone without intent to lynch, I mean you have said that you think that he is the most scummy out of everyone and than you voted him because he doesn't have a vote yet but you don't have any intent to lynch him? Shouldn't voting for people be reserved for actually wanting to lynch them. Like its open to change the vote later but why vote without intent.
Alpaca's second post. Very wordy. He could have just said the first 11 words, but he repeats himself several times. Nervous.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 120, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:Honestly I have to say I like what he has posted so far. It seems unconvoluted but also long but hesaid this is his main game so putting in lots of effort isn't surprising. He has also given much to think about and so far I have a town ish feeling from him
This is alpaca when Simoyd asked him directly his opinion about Raskolnikov. He has a town read on him. Idk. It's early in the game to have a town read on someone, but some players do get town reads early. Look at redcoyote for example.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 156, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:So on the whole matter of Seth, since it's looking pretty precarious for him right now, is that I personally thought his first post was just dumb and I was willing to overlook it as a stupid first post thing to say to sound mysterious or something only on the condition that he than get serious when he next posted but basically he has posted since has been more cryptic with little helpful explanation afterwards. Unless he explain adequately why he did everything I'm going to have to vote for him.

VOTE: SethYazura

Pedit: Dang it Seth the second I say you dont explain you start explaining, all that typing for nothing. Anyways could you explain what you meant in post and I shall unvote until I hear what you have to say

UNVOTE: SethYazura

I can beleive that luring scum was a stategy that couldn't be shared at the time but I still don't like how you worded things and sarcastically answered in post
Okay, this is weird. He votes for Seth, but then it seems that while he's preparing the post, Seth explains his comments and he unvotes. Why not just delete the message and start again? He wants people to see that he voted.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 410, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:
In post 404, Murph wrote:Quick recap:

Against policy lynch ✓
For player replacement ✓
Request more participation ✓

:beer:
Are you against policy lynches in general or in this specific scenario?

Also side note am I supposed to see an emote at the bottom or is it supposed to be just text?
Alpaca's first interaction with Murphy. What's the point of the first question? Maybe just to get the conversation going.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Equinox »

VOTE COUNT 3.2

AlpacaAlpaca (0) -
Hoppic (0) -
KaladinStormblessed (0) -
Murph (0) -
Raskolnikov (0) -

Not Voting: AlpacaAlpaca, Hoppic, KaladinStormblessed, Murph, Raskolnikov

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Activity notes: Equinox is on V/LA until June 22.

Day 3 deadline is Friday July 1st at 10:30 pm PDT which is in (expired on 2016-07-01 22:30:00)

AlpacaAlpaca and KaladinStormblessed have been prodded.

RIP anyone drinking to this game.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 534, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:So for anyone who wanted to know since I was curious this is the current VC I'm pretty sure
Seth (3) - Simon, Wgeurts, Alpaca
Hoppic (1) - Coyote
Wgeurts (1) - Seth
Coyote (4) - Hoppic, Murph, Kal, Rask
(super sorry to the mod if me posting this angers you, not trying to steal your job I swear)
Voting list. He's third on the Seth wagon, and redcoyote is at L-1. He could have switched over, although it would have been suspicious and didn't. On the other hand, he's posting a lot in a nervous kind of way.

Also, Raskolnikov was first to vote for coyote, I think. I'll go back and check when I do his ISO.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”