Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 492, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 491, Almost50 wrote:OK.. just letting this out in the open: I have a splitting headache andI'm not in the right mood, so I'm mostly skimming on the next 6 pages (15-20). Sue me!!
I don't believe you. You're using exclamation points at the end of a sentence if you have a splitting headache? No way. Language is an apparatus of meaning and the last thing you'd want with a splitting headache is to think of something that generates the energy with the emphasis of an exclamation mark.

VOTE: Almost50

And yes, I'm serious.
Knock yourself out, my friend. You just try to go fasting for 16 straight hours in a weather as hot as 42 C and then drink like 2 liters of juices and smoke 6-8 cigarettes before you eat anything. Let me know how the factory inside your skull is doing after that.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 489, pistachi0n wrote:Ok. I have noted the history and I still dislike your interaction with Ranger.
That's fine, dislike away.
In post 490, Bellaphant wrote:lazy, but not incorrect. If we can nail obv!scum today, we can do the harder stuff when the huge amount of scum has thinned a bit :P

I could also vote pista still. That question to ranger is super counter productive.

@hippy, what do you need?
It is indeed incorrect. This isn't a scum Charl, I think. I also believe that you should know that. It looks like you want to thin town, not scum. You're feeling out support for mislynches and it feels scummy.

I also think pista is town. The question was bad, yes, but the question is whether that makes her scum or not. Why do you believe she's more likely to ask that question as scum rather than town?

I'll be honest here, it seems like you're not even really trying to actually scumhunt. It's all shallow from what I've seen the past few days. I know you can do better than this.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 501, JaeReed wrote:
In post 489, pistachi0n wrote:Ok. I have noted the history and I still dislike your interaction with Ranger.
In post 490, Bellaphant wrote:lazy, but not incorrect. If we can nail obv!scum today, we can do the harder stuff when the huge amount of scum has thinned a bit :P

I could also vote pista still. That question to ranger is super counter productive.

It is indeed incorrect. This isn't a scum Charl, I think. I also believe that you should know that. It looks like you want to thin town, not scum. You're feeling out support for mislynches and it feels scummy.

I also think pista is town. The question was bad, yes, but the question is whether that makes her scum or not. Why do you believe she's more likely to ask that question as scum rather than town?

I'll be honest here, it seems like you're not even really trying to actually scumhunt. It's all shallow from what I've seen the past few days. I know you can do better than this.
Why is it optimal strategy for Scum to mislynch? I don't think you have answered that so it is not a given.

How does pista's question make them look Town?

YOU are not really Scum hunting either. I can prolly count on one hand the actual questions you have asked people.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 263, Chip Butty wrote:At last! I wondered when someone was going to get around to that. LOL.

UNVOTE:
@Mod: I think this is my latest, so I'm currently not voting.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 494, Almost50 wrote:
In post 400, Chip Butty wrote:Hey, Dix: Have you ever noticed that, on the cover of Abbey Road, Paul is barefoot and out of step with the others? And something about the license plate of the Volkswagon Beetle parked on the side of the street? How freaky is that?
See? This is one prime example of why I don't even feel guilty about skimming!
I simply have no idea what this means or what it does to this game status, so.. :(
Actually, this is a prime example of why you shouldn't skim. Here's what you missed...
In post 400, Chip Butty wrote:Hey, Dix: Have you ever noticed that, on the cover of Abbey Road, Paul is barefoot and out of step with the others? And something about the license plate of the Volkswagon Beetle parked on the side of the street? How freaky is that?
In post 399, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 383, DixC wrote: Then,
In post 308, Chip Butty wrote:Have you ever noticed that those little guys roll their eyes in unison? How freaky is that?
As though to say "hey, i'm with scum" Chip insinuates himself as being linked with the only person near LQ on ranger's list: House.
:roll:
See, these are sarcastic responses to Dix's #383, because of how reachy it was, particularly when he tried to make something out of my note that the rolling-eyes guys do it in unison. Here's Dix's #383:
In post 383, DixC wrote:Here's my read on a back and forth from earlier:
In post 298, Chip Butty wrote: Town morons just refuse to see that you are Town too.
I see this as chip is trying to insinuate that LQ should take hint: "I'm (pretending to be) town morons, other people (pretending to be town) should take the hint".

Then LQ responds:
In post 299, LicketyQuickety wrote: And you are a Town read because you are not playing like an experienced player plays and inexperienced players are the easiest to read. Just FYI.
I see this as LQ trying to insinuate "You are a (pretend) town player because you are bad at playing and I can read what you are saying like an open book.

Then,
In post 308, Chip Butty wrote:Have you ever noticed that those little guys roll their eyes in unison? How freaky is that?
As though to say "hey, i'm with scum" Chip insinuates himself as being linked with the only person near LQ on ranger's list: House.

Finally,
In post 309, LicketyQuickety wrote:Chip, I get you, but you are confirmation biasing me pretty hard right now.
LQ gets frustrated with how blatant Chip is being and even says "hey, shut up about being scum before you get us both caught".
There you go! Now, what do you make of my ISO of Dix?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 502, LicketyQuickety wrote: Why is it optimal strategy for Scum to mislynch? I don't think you have answered that so it is not a given.

YOU are not really Scum hunting either. I can prolly count on one hand the actual questions you have asked people.
Because there's more town than scum so they want to thin town before night killing each other?

That question doesn't. It also doesn't make them look scum, when the rest of their ISO seems town to me. Ergo, still townreading despite a bad question that doesn't make her look scum.

I don't care if you don't think I'm scumhunting. I'm doing my own analysis and asking questions when I need to. I think Bella isn't analyzing what's in the thread properly, ergo, shallow scumhunting. Which is not really scumhunting.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 501, JaeReed wrote:

Most of the games I've played are IRL and at second and third level. Forum games I've played have been at first level. Playing at three levels of communication IRL gives you a strong sense of how people react to crazy. Everything LQ does feels scummy: real scum know better than this, heavy town lean. Chip OTOH acted exactly like I would have expected from scum accused by a crazy reach: like he's safe because future accusations are going to be guilty by association, heavy scum lean. The Jae/Ranger fanfic was... Odd... But if I assume it's part of actual play, then I'm concerned that they would know everyone woul likely skim it and there within encoded a message. So: ranger, Jae, what was that actually all about? If it was seriously just being goofy why shouldn't we think it scummy that you've flocked any real info with noise?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

What's with the large text?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Lol... I think I just read DixC basically saying he thinks LQ is too scummy to be scum. There's no such thing and that's a terrible reason to call someone town.

Er, you mean my story about my idolization and paranoia of Ranger? The one I spoilered because no one cares? That was me gushing, mostly. I don't see how you'd expect Ranger to answer for that. If you're talking about our interactions, I'm assuming she was buddying and I don't care that she was? In fact, I'm 100% fine with being pocketed by Ranger. As she pointed out, she's dead tonight anyway so no harm done.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 505, JaeReed wrote:
In post 502, LicketyQuickety wrote: Why is it optimal strategy for Scum to mislynch? I don't think you have answered that so it is not a given.

Because there's more town than scum so they want to thin town before night killing each other?

That question doesn't. It also doesn't make them look scum, when the rest of their ISO seems town to me. Ergo, still townreading despite a bad question that doesn't make her look scum.

I don't care if you don't think I'm scumhunting. I'm doing my own analysis and asking questions when I need to. I think Bella isn't analyzing what's in the thread properly, ergo, shallow scumhunting. Which is not really scumhunting.
That is a very shallow answer. If you want to be good at this game, you are going to have to do better than this.

Then why do you have pista as Town? You haven't answered this. What about the ISO makes them look Town?

Don't try to push this off on other people. Take some responsibility and actually Scum hunt.

The reason I want YOU to explain what you are doing is because I don't want you to just state things as given when they are not. I have problems with the way you play the game because you go off on these tangents that are in all likelihood, not very probable.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 509, LicketyQuickety wrote:

That is a very shallow answer. If you want to be good at this game, you are going to have to do better than this.

Then why do you have pista as Town? You haven't answered this. What about the ISO makes them look Town?

Don't try to push this off on other people. Take some responsibility and actually Scum hunt.

The reason I want YOU to explain what you are doing is because I don't want you to just state things as given when they are not. I have problems with the way you play the game because you go off on these tangents that are in all likelihood, not very probable.
I don't see how theory can even have a shallow answer. You're annoying. The way I see it scum need to thin town because we're the majority. They need the other scum factions night kills to help do this too. If the other scum team all goes down based off associations then the remaining scum team has a harder time hiding.

You didn't ask, so yeah of course I didn't answer an unasked question. Most things about her ISO makes her look town. If you think you're so good, then you can figure it out yourself. I think her responses to questions asked of her have been town and her analysis has been town-motivated even if the conclusions she reaches are wrong/I think are wrong.

I answered your question with the context in mind. Nice attempt to derail me off your scumbuddy, though. Mind telling me who the third is?
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Smithereens »

Yeah the game has become a bit casual as of late.

Back to the LQ wagon from earlier in the Day, 'twas my opinion that it contains an ample number of scum.
Jaereed
Charloux
House
Karnos
Bellaphant.
Are the names from the wagon that I found suspicious. JaeReed Idk. My biggest reason for scum reading him was an error, but there have been multitudes of other posts of less magnitude such as his reaction to pressure and his back flip on Ranger when he was questioned about her that makes me feel uncomfortable about letting him off the hook. I'll look through some more ISO's today.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Smithereens, do you wanna chuck some questions at me? I'm not getting anyway with jae (ongoings, but charl isn't this useless as town) and I think it'd help me get my head back in it/clear up your read on me :)
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

Weak scumread on Almost50, but House's response is still the stupidest thing I've ever read.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 504, Chip Butty wrote:There you go! Now, what do you make of my ISO of Dix?
Mate, check the date he joined the site. How much site-meta would you expect him to have grasped in 16 days?

I think it's best to engage him directly if you scum read him. Sarcasm won't serve the town at this stage (isn't this the game where Kuroi started off trolling until I pointed it out?).

P.S. NOT trying to tell you how to play your game. Do as you wish, as long as you're having fun with it. In fact I may just be trying to help Kuroi get some fuel to burn advocating my lynch! :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I'd have to disagree. If I was scum I would definitely want to lynch scum in public for town cred, and off town PRs at night in secrecy. Lynching town would bring attention to me from both town PRs and the opposing scum faction, which nobody needs this early into the game.

For reference, check game #16 on my wiki page. I was scum, it was MB, and I got universally town read for pushing on a member of the other team early into the game. We lynched the SK on D1, lynched scum from the opposing team on D2, the town vig offed my push who flipped scum, then I personally too the town vig out with a daykill as soon as they claimed on D3, and it was pretty much an easy ride from there on.

But -of course- to to each their own and YMMD. Just presenting a different PoV for the sake of argument.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Reads
thus far
:

Town read: Chip Butty
Town lean: Smithereens, pistachi0n
Null-Town: JaeReed, Charloux

I'm not sure what to make of hiplop's disappearance. I'm not having any definite scum leans either.

Disclaimer: I do have a tendency to hesitate regarding reads on people I play with for the first time. This has developed because I've been guilty of hard pushing on people who appeared scummy as scum would be only for them to flip town.

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 512, Bellaphant wrote:Smithereens, do you wanna chuck some questions at me? I'm not getting anyway with jae (ongoings, but charl isn't this useless as town) and I think it'd help me get my head back in it/clear up your read on me :)
I don't think Charl has this tone as scum.

You're right, you're not getting anywhere with me, and you won't until you start playing to the level I expect of you. You know you're not in the game as much as you should be judging from what you said in this post.

I'll try to help out here. Based off your earlier questioning of Creature about his read on Karnos would it be correct to assume you do not have a townread on him? If not, I want you to go through his ISO and tell me what you're seeing that I'm not.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 515, Almost50 wrote:

I'd have to disagree. If I was scum I would definitely want to lynch scum in public for town cred, and off town PRs at night in secrecy. Lynching town would bring attention to me from both town PRs and the opposing scum faction, which nobody needs this early into the game.

For reference, check game #16 on my wiki page. I was scum, it was MB, and I got universally town read for pushing on a member of the other team early into the game. We lynched the SK on D1, lynched scum from the opposing team on D2, the town vig offed my push who flipped scum, then I personally too the town vig out with a daykill as soon as they claimed on D3, and it was pretty much an easy ride from there on.

But -of course- to to each their own and YMMD. Just presenting a different PoV for the sake of argument.
This would make some sense. It's probably unlikely for associates to take a team of 3 down also. I don't really know. It might be good for scum in this setup. Assuming both scum hit town while town only lynch one scumteam. That's 6 town dead by d4 I think? We have 11 town iirc. That's over half of town dead from lynching scum every day. That's assuming the vig doesn't shoot, also, which I think is a stretch. And assuming scum don't try to shoot the same person. Not sure if that cancels the kill or what.

I've never played MB but I read the borderlands game you were in where you were face mcshooty, and the recently completed fire and ice game, as well as friends and enemies (and enemies). Most of my theory in that scum shouldn't want to kill the other team off too early is coming from my limited readings.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 511, Smithereens wrote:Yeah the game has become a bit casual as of late.

Back to the LQ wagon from earlier in the Day, 'twas my opinion that it contains an ample number of scum.
Jaereed
Charloux
House
Karnos
Bellaphant.
Are the names from the wagon that I found suspicious. JaeReed Idk. My biggest reason for scum reading him was an error, but there have been multitudes of other posts of less magnitude such as his reaction to pressure and his back flip on Ranger when he was questioned about her that makes me feel uncomfortable about letting him off the hook. I'll look through some more ISO's today.
I'm out of scum territory? How interesting.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 512, Bellaphant wrote:Smithereens, do you wanna chuck some questions at me? I'm not getting anyway with jae (ongoings, but charl isn't this useless as town) and I think it'd help me get my head back in it/clear up your read on me :)
You're one of the players who have tried to lynch LQ for no other reason than 'he's scummy.' Why did you put LQ above your other scum reads that you actually had stated reason for?
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 519, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 511, Smithereens wrote:Yeah the game has become a bit casual as of late.

Jaereed
Charloux
House
Karnos
Bellaphant.
I'm out of scum territory? How interesting.
I said nothing of the sort. This is just analysis of the LQ wagon. But yeah if you're fishing for my read on you it's null atm.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Eh, you're right. I did misread that post.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 518, JaeReed wrote:
In post 515, Almost50 wrote:

This would make some sense. It's probably unlikely for associates to take a team of 3 down also. I don't really know. It might be good for scum in this setup. Assuming both scum hit town while town only lynch one scumteam. That's 6 town dead by d4 I think? We have 11 town iirc. That's over half of town dead from lynching scum every day. That's assuming the vig doesn't shoot, also, which I think is a stretch. And assuming scum don't try to shoot the same person. Not sure if that cancels the kill or what.

I've never played MB but I read the borderlands game you were in where you were face mcshooty, and the recently completed fire and ice game, as well as friends and enemies (and enemies). Most of my theory in that scum shouldn't want to kill the other team off too early is coming from my limited readings.
I forgot about the town nightkill = more lynches next day thing. This is why I don't try to math. >.< It should be by D3 we have all of one scum team lynched, and therefore only lose 4 town. So I think scum still want to try to drive town mislynches regularly enough because they're going to need to anyway and it'll look kinda sus if they only do it after one team is dead. They could try to get one or two of the other team lynched though for the towncred. That is a possibility. Idunno.

What happens if scum try to shoot the same person at night? Does the kill get cancelled or does it go through?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 490, Bellaphant wrote:@hippy, what do you need?
day or so. things are pre nuts in hippo household.
third best scummer of all time

Return to “Completed Open Games”