{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by Ranger »

JaeReed wrote:Ranger Have you checked LQ's tone in his scum and town games compared to this game?
I tend to only venture out to games I haven't personally been in when I have a lot of free time, so no.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by Ranger »

pistachi0n wrote:Are you still convinced you're going to die tonight?
I don't recall saying I would.

But in my experience, my rate of mortality is directly correlated to my rate of annoyance to the scum. So it really depends on just how annoying I am to them.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by DixC »

In post 507, KuroiXHF wrote:What's with the large text?
Sorry, i'm new to the forum an the text looked small on my phone; it's clearly too big looking at it on my computer.
In post 508, JaeReed wrote: I'm assuming she was buddying and I don't care that she was? In fact, I'm 100% fine with being pocketed by Ranger. As she pointed out, she's dead tonight anyway so no harm done.
I thought about this while walking to work today and it struck me that if you seem like you're linked with someone and that someone is town then it doesn't hurt you, but if that person is scum then it does hurt you to some degree. The only way to feel 100% fine with being linked to someone is knowing that they are 100% town.

How does her dying tonight solve this? Also, why would she die tonight? does the whole forum really just believe in her magical scum-sniff power?

If it's real we should just vote down the list.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Post by Kop »

VOTE: jaereed

Phone posting. But I don't like post #523

It just seems off to me.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:50 pm

Post by Charloux »

@Bella: Since when do you hate me this much?! That said, can't blame you for scumreading me; H.O.W.E.V.E.R. Everything you scumread me for that doesn't involve content can be pinned to you as well (I just dug our graves huh :D) because like Jae said, this game is on a way lower level than both of your town and scum games i have seen. I will null read you because i think you are just having a bad period. If you are scum, just carry on!

Spoiler:
Jae is my strongest townread because i noticed a lot of similarities in our thoughts
And it makes me feel sick

PE: @Kop: Is that a prododge?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:00 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 528, Kop wrote:VOTE: jaereed

It just seems off to me.
Lol? That was me correcting my math in a previous post after I read the rules again trying to see if scum night kills cancel each other out. You're clearly not reading the game.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:18 am

Post by Kop »

In post 530, JaeReed wrote:

It just seems off to me.
Lol? That was me correcting my math in a previous post after I read the rules again trying to see if scum night kills cancel each other out. You're clearly not reading the game.
But why would you want to know this? This is striking me as scum trying to work out the mechanics from a scum POV, trying to make out your town with town motivations. If scum double kill it shows as one kill, and leaves town thinking other possibilities. Why is it something you want to know? It's all scum possibilities, it's something scum only want to know.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:53 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 531, Kop wrote:
In post 530, JaeReed wrote:

It just seems off to me.
But why would you want to know this? This is striking me as scum trying to work out the mechanics from a scum POV, trying to make out your town with town motivations. If scum double kill it shows as one kill, and leaves town thinking other possibilities. Why is it something you want to know? It's all scum possibilities, it's something scum only want to know.
Yeahhh see if I was going to do that as scum I'd have done it already. In that thing known as a scum PT. Or I'd just wait til night.

And no, if scum double kill they could cancel the kill as in fire and ice mafia. Where the Ranger and RC hydra had the chance of living every single night because of that.

Considering the context I was trying to work things out in? Yeah, I want to know. I want to know if scum are trying to lynch scum or town today. I feel like I need to know that so I know what I'm looking for. I bring you back to my first paragraph. Why would I ask that publicly as scum?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:24 am

Post by karnos »

In post 499, Almost50 wrote:
In post 464, karnos wrote:VOTE: Chip Butty
Are you serious?? You're voting my "one and only town lean" thus far in this game??
Serious as a heart attack. Now, I wouldn't hammer him if he was at L-1, not just yet, but I absolutely want to vote him right now.

The newbie is an easy low-hanging fruit scum would like to pick on. But making a case on someone and then not voting, I just don't like that in general. Chip isn't voting anywhere, this isn't the Chip I have seen in other games.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:25 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 514, Almost50 wrote:
In post 504, Chip Butty wrote:There you go! Now, what do you make of my ISO of Dix?
Mate, check the date he joined the site. How much site-meta would you expect him to have grasped in 16 days?
I'm talking about basics, like posting rate and the reachy "case" on me. Stuff that doesn't depend on site meta much, if at all. But I have noticed that his posting rate is similar in another game we are in, so that might not mean anything. I'm not heavily scumreading him atm, still looking around the field.
In post 514, Almost50 wrote: I think it's best to engage him directly if you scum read him.
Evasive. Yeah, I can directly engage him, and you could weigh in with your view too. Those are not mutually exclusive things. I'd be interested to read your opinion...
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:42 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 533, karnos wrote:But making a case on someone and then not voting, I just don't like that in general. Chip isn't voting anywhere, this isn't the Chip I have seen in other games.
Check out Newbie 1704. I was Town in that, and didn't place my FIRST vote until #321, which was #60 in my ISO. And that was the only game I was playing, in the early stages. Now I am in four (and just got lynched out of one a couple days ago), so my gameload here is unprecedented. I'm actually having to stretch to put in an adequate amount of effort in all my games, and won't attempt to have so many games going in the foreseeable future.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:45 am

Post by Chip Butty »

I don't want to vote Dix, and I need to reread LQ and survey the rest of the field. And Whispers is coming back into Dayphase too, so even more to do...
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:58 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 506, DixC wrote:Chip OTOH acted exactly like I would have expected from scum accused by a crazy reach: like he's safe because future accusations are going to be guilty by association,
So, sarcasm is AI now?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:03 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 502, LicketyQuickety wrote: YOU are not really Scum hunting
either
Is this an admission that you are not really scumhunting?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Chip Butty »

More later, if I have time...
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 523, JaeReed wrote:What happens if scum try to shoot the same person at night? Does the kill get cancelled or does it go through?
It goes through. A shot does not cancel another shot. However, if they both shoot someone protected by a doctor they both fail.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:10 am

Post by House »

In post 540, Almost50 wrote:
In post 523, JaeReed wrote:What happens if scum try to shoot the same person at night? Does the kill get cancelled or does it go through?
It goes through. A shot does not cancel another shot. However, if they both shoot someone protected by a doctor they both fail.
Not according to the wiki.
A Doctor is a role that targets a player at Night to protect that player from a single kill made during that Night. They are not told if their protection was successful. Protection from a single kill means that if multiple players try to kill someone, they will not be saved by one Doctor's protection.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 531, Kop wrote:But why would you want to know this? This is striking me as scum trying to work out the mechanics from a scum POV, trying to make out your town with town motivations. If scum double kill it shows as one kill, and leaves town thinking other possibilities. Why is it something you want to know? It's all scum possibilities, it's something scum only want to know.
Erm.. do scum have daytalk in this game or not? Bc if they do, your approach here makes no sense as he could've asked his buddies in private. If they don't though, then... ok.. I guess.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 541, House wrote:Not according to the wiki.

A Doctor is a role that targets a player at Night to protect that player from a single kill made during that Night. They are not told if their protection was successful. Protection from a single kill means that if multiple players try to kill someone, they will not be saved by one Doctor's protection.
Ahem.. if that's the case then I stand corrected. I have always assumed the doctor protects from ALL kills on their patient (except if they were special, like a poison doctor only protects from poison kills .. etc.)

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 541, House wrote:
In post 540, Almost50 wrote:
Not according to the wiki.
In post 542, Almost50 wrote:
In post 531, Kop wrote:But why would you want to know this? This is striking me as scum trying to work out the mechanics from a scum POV, trying to make out your town with town motivations. If scum double kill it shows as one kill, and leaves town thinking other possibilities. Why is it something you want to know? It's all scum possibilities, it's something scum only want to know.
Erm.. do scum have daytalk in this game or not? Bc if they do, your approach here makes no sense as he could've asked his buddies in private. If they don't though, then... ok.. I guess.
I'm not liking any of this. Looks lile duelling Townslips. Quick look at the sample Role-PMs shows only scum have Docs in this setup. And also that scum only have night talk. House, why are you going to the wiki rather than Role-PMs? If you had, you would have seen there are no Town Docs, and it is hard to believe you dont know that,, at this point in the game. Trying to create the fiction that you are unaware of scum PRs? Almost, you're "Amost as bad". Jae - I know you do obsessive research. I am pretty sure you would have just looked that up in the wiki for yourself AND you would know there are no Town Doctors.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Actually, I take back the bit about Jae, for now...
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:12 am

Post by House »

Chip you make far too many assumptions about what I and don't know.

I saw an inaccuracy about a role; I corrected it.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. - Sigmund Freud

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Chip Butty »

...but most of the time it is a symbolic penis - also Sigmund Freud (probably)
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:33 am

Post by House »

In post 547, Chip Butty wrote:...but most of the time it is a symbolic penis - also Sigmund Freud (probably)
No shit Sherlock. That's what makes my quote salient to my point.

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Actually, I think Almost comes out looking worse than House, because he did it twice. Once with the "Doctor" and once with the "daytalk".

Return to “Completed Open Games”