New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)

Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Performer »

So let me get this right.
Wagon analysis here we go: 2/4 votes are RVS on Wake. 1/4 is from a guy no one even played with. 1/4 is from someone who hasn't said why, and requests me to join the wagon.
This must be the Twilight Zone. Or you guys are aliens.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 224, Performer wrote:Other than "vote is still on wake it's where I want it" and a post with naked vote on Wake, I don't see a case from you on Wake?

My vote is now on shannon who I'm quite sure is scum, but my case on Wake is as follows:

He's basically talking noise. That colored reads list was great. I'm not buying fucking cupcakes though.

#147 is a long(er) post, but all that could have been said in about two or three sentences. I don't like that. I don't like it when it looks like you're saying a lot when you're not actually saying anything.

The crux of the matter anyway, if I'm not mistaken, was that Titus was talking to someone and wanted THAT PERSON to answer her questions rather than Wake doing it. Wake however, jumped on it.
In post 147, Wake1 wrote:
In post 134, Titus wrote:
In post 129, Wake1 wrote:
In post 125, Titus wrote:Why are you interrupting me Wake?

Almost, do you have any reads now?
This isn't a 19-man face-to-face conversation. It's a message-board thread.

Please don't avoid my questions Titus. It's making me feel uncomfortable about your alignment.

1)
You said that someone voting you means that person is scumreading you.

2)
I say that's not necessarily true, because it isn't.

3)
Instead of responding to my point you ask me why I'm interrupting you.

4)
Me: Like why are you not being logically and why are you avoiding the point. Please respond to my points Titus.

Yeah, a vote at this point is a scumread from someone actively following along, or it's someone who has no desire to sort the thread, which is a scumclaim. Your vote says "I want this person removed from the game".

You're being semantic and interrupting my questioning trying to sort Almost and trying to play semantic games while interpreting someone else's read rather than letting them speak for themselves.
See I don't really agree with that, and I say that with all the respect in the world. I've seen players vote other people they didn't necessarily Sumread just to see what their reaction would be. Heck, I've done that in the past. So knowing that when you say voting someone means you Scumread the person I have to say 'wait, that's not true, and here's why.'

I feel like you're inappropriately attaching meanings to actions and, well, if you're Town Town wouldn't do that. It's not true that a vote on someone at this point is a Scumread from someone actively following along. It's not automatically true. But you also change the meaning mid-sentence by saying OR the vote's from someone who has no desire to sort the thread. Which is it, and why must it be either? And then you attach a further meaning onto the second option by saying it must be a Scumclaim. I'm sorry but you're not being logically accurate, and at this point I'm trying to understand if it's just honest mistakes or something more deliberate. Whatever the case this needs to be sorted out immediately.

It also looks like you're attaching yet another meaning to that vote, that the voter wants someone removed from the game. You can't assume that. Not if you're honest. The person casting the vote could also be looking for reactions.

What you mistake for semantics is me trying to pin down exactly what you're trying to say (and what you mean), and wanting you to slow down and clarify your ungrounded assumptions. I have the right to question you whenever I want so long as the Day is open, and so does everyone else to anyone else. I have zero reason to wait until you and he are done exchanging, because you can easily see my post in the feed and respond back eventually. It's not even something to argue about, and instead tells me it's a distraction to try and get me off you with my questions.

Will you please acknowledge that someone voting you
does not
necessarily mean they're Scumreading you?
I'm sure Titus is experienced so she would.. be aware of this at the very least. Why is it worth a 3-4 paragraph post? I know how smart you are, Wake. You don't have to rub it in.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

I know it's the norm to lynch Town Day 1, but no one can say I'm not trying when you're playing the game of " whose bullshit is wrapped up in the most attractive packaging?" and sheeping that vote.

I probably don't even have half majority, but if this situation doesn't shift I'm going to dial down my operating processes to level 2 and communicate soley in BARS.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:45 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

3rd votecount, 3rd votecount

vc 1.03
Wake88 (2):
AGar, podoboq
Zachstralkita (6):
shannon, implosion, Nosferatu, Dunnstral, Titus, Performer
Sickofit1138 (3):
PeregrineV, Boem_u_dusi, Mirhawk
Mirhawk (1):
Sickofit1138
PeregrineV (1):
Almost50
Boem_u_dusi (1):
Transcend
shannon (1):
Zachstralkita

Not Voting:
Airick10, Wake88, Varsoon, Lapsa

With
votes,
to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-07-05 23:38:55)

Airick10 is
V/LA
until
6/27
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Performer »

Checked out rest of shann's ISO, placing her into null now. I see why she voted Zach though, as I went through a game with Firebringer that had noisemakers who caused a ton of chaos. Town ended up losing that game, and it was a shameful one.
At the same time, I think a wagon earlier than later, is more productive than sitting around doing guessing games. Taking a page from Thor's book.

Based on podo's ISO alone, I'm putting that slot into my scumreads at the moment.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

In post 179, Transcend wrote:
shannon's town
In post 226, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 224, Performer wrote:Other than "vote is still on wake it's where I want it" and a post with naked vote on Wake, I don't see a case from you on Wake?
My vote is now on shannon who I'm quite sure is scum
I find this somewhat interesting.

I don't see why is shannon town in Transcend's eyes. Nullreading shannon is okay, but townreading? Based on what?
She posted 6 times, 5 out of those 6 posts are crap and the other one is RVS.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:23 am

Post by implosion »

Nah, he's right. shannon is probably town. 175 isn't an argument that I think scum are particularly likely to be the first to make in this kind of game, the follow-up in 184 also is a post that I see scum as unlikely to make.

And @Nos idk a lot of people have said that over the years. I think I'm one of those players for whom some people just naturally read the tone of my posts as scummy irrespective of my alignment.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 231, implosion wrote:Nah, he's right. shannon is probably town. 175 isn't an argument that I think scum are particularly likely to be the first to make in this kind of game, the follow-up in 184 also is a post that I see scum as unlikely to make.
That's horrible.

Those aren't even really arguments either.
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

I dunno, could very well be scum looking for an easy target.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:37 am

Post by implosion »

I mean, it could be, but I'm inclined to see it as town.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 234, implosion wrote:I mean, it could be, but I'm inclined to see it as town.
of course u are cause she said it about your #1 scumread!!!!!!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:41 am

Post by implosion »

Zach, can you clarify exactly what you meant with ? I understand (although disagree with) the point that you'd have liked for him to say more before he disappeared. But the first sentence still doesn't make sense to me. And I still don't understand what the post was about if you were actually only scumreading him for tonal/gut reasons (which is the only way I can interpret "aura", correct me if I'm wrong).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:43 am

Post by implosion »

In post 235, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 234, implosion wrote:I mean, it could be, but I'm inclined to see it as town.
I mean, I would be pretty surprised if you two were scum together ~_~
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 236, implosion wrote:Zach, can you clarify exactly what you meant with ? I understand (although disagree with) the point that you'd have liked for him to say more before he disappeared. But the first sentence still doesn't make sense to me. And I still don't understand what the post was about if you were actually only scumreading him for tonal/gut reasons (which is the only way I can interpret "aura", correct me if I'm wrong).

That post didn't really mean much at all. Gut, sure, but I'd be a fool to try and gauge something reasonable from 2 posts.

implosion wrote:
In post 235, Zachstralkita wrote:
I mean, I would be pretty surprised if you two were scum together ~_~
You'll be surprised to learn that that's statistically impossible given I am not scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:53 am

Post by implosion »

that isn't what statistically means unfortunately.

Zach i'm like pretty close to townreading you. I just need you to give me some more to work with.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:00 am

Post by Performer »

I just realized that there are literally only 4 people I played with , in here.
Nosferatu, do you recall the game where Firebringer was scum with Xtoxm Traitor, and what's his face as the 3rd scum? There's something strange going on here and I 'd like for you to try to look at that game. I'm going to dig into that game as well (moderated by chamber). I think that may help us in discerning alignment for Mr. X.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

implosion wrote:
Zach i'm like pretty close to townreading you. I just need you to give me some more to work with.
How does that work? You're the sole benefactor of my wagon.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Performer »

In post 241, Zachstralkita wrote:
implosion wrote:
I find that strange as well, imp saying he is close to townreading you . Not only that, but him saying his tone is typically scumread by others, is also frankly weird.

@Nos I just found it! Man, I sound a little weird in that game LOL. Embarrassingly weird. Guess that's what happens when you're still only 3 months into FM. That game still brings tears to my ears when I read it . Such fantastic townplay. There was constant TvT too but we learned to look over it and focus on the right people. I wish I can say the person's name but I don't want to paint a target on the person.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 99, Wake1 wrote:
Mirhawk
———✶
Honestly,
Performer
didn't say he wanted it to stand out. Are you assuming he did?
In order to not stand out he could have simply not voted.

He deliberately voted no lynch, what possible reason could he have done that for unless he wanted people to notice it.

In all honesty the more I talk about it the less I like it.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Mirhawk »

Hey performer, why did you vote for a no lynch? It's obviously not going to stick, so why not just place no vote?
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Fun fact guys, Dunnstral has hard tunneled me D1-2 before and I flipped Town. He just gets a little excited sometimes.
Performer wrote:
implosion wrote:
I find that strange as well, imp saying he is close to townreading you . Not only that, but him saying his tone is typically scumread by others, is also frankly weird.
Are you going to.. do anything about this?
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:19 am

Post by Performer »

In post 244, Mirhawk wrote:Hey performer, why did you vote for a no lynch? It's obviously not going to stick, so why not just place no vote?
To fish for reactions ! First day of d1 , we had plenty of time to talk over things, get wagons generated, etc. Unless there are special cases, then no lynch is typically a bad way to go.

Oh and someone asked if I was an IC before - I'm not going to answer that question.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:21 am

Post by Performer »

In post 245, Zachstralkita wrote:Fun fact guys, Dunnstral has hard tunneled me D1-2 before and I flipped Town. He just gets a little excited sometimes.
Performer wrote:
implosion wrote:
I am going to wait and see. imp is hardly the type to lurk.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Performer wrote:
In post 245, Zachstralkita wrote:Fun fact guys, Dunnstral has hard tunneled me D1-2 before and I flipped Town. He just gets a little excited sometimes.
Performer wrote:
implosion wrote:
I am going to wait and see. imp is hardly the type to lurk.
Now's probably a time to get this shannon counterwagon going pal, I know you put the slot into null but I have a scouter-type ability for finding scum (which people....don't really put faith in... but it works)
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:28 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 209, Performer wrote:Please link us those as well. Nobody seems to know you in here, which is shocking and disturbing.
Micro 594: One Night Ultimate Werewolf
I was Minion, and convinced everyone that I was Troublemaker, then claimed to switch my teammate Werewolf, so he outed himself as a Werewolf, and the town split votes on him and the person I switched him with, so even though I was playing a fantastic scum game, I lost because I made my teammate out himself. It was weird.

Newbie 1681
Won as Vanilla Townie here. I made final four, and shouldn't have won, but the last scum felt bad about the way he played, so self-voted and conceded it on us. I did catch the mafia roleblocker, though, which I was pretty proud of.

A Musical Mafia!
This game just ended. Vanilla Townie again. I was lynched in day 5, and most of my reads sucked. I learned a lot, but it's not a game I'm proud of.
Mirhawk knows me from Musical Mafia.

I'm catching up now, and generating a reads list. Sorry I've been mostly absent. I wanted to let the thread build before trying to form any reads on people. Expect some real content on me within an hour.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”