Mini 495 - Mafia on a Plane! GAME OVER! =)

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by Korlash »

Two things:
Vollkan wrote:1. It does not clarify that you are town in any way shape or form. All you have done is say "I am town".
If it means nothing why did you make such a big deal about it in the first place? Wouldn't it have just been better to ignore it and move on?
Vollkan wrote:So you think I am mafia? With who?
You, Orig, and either Shaft.ed or dybeck. still deciding on the third... Shaft.ed seems to have the links, but Dybeck has the distancing factor working with his obvious scumminess. hmmm, I would rather Lynch the most likely mafia, Orig, today, take you out tomorrow, and hope either shaft.ed or Dybeck are Nked or gain new evidence for/against them by day four.
Note that this may change when I have fully finished reading.

On a side note I enjoyed that equation, I needed the laugh!
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:22 pm

Post by vollkan »

Korlash wrote: If it means nothing why did you make such a big deal about it in the first place? Wouldn't it have just been better to ignore it and move on?
My problem was the vanilla claiming aspect.

Saying you are town is meaningless, claiming vanilla is damaging.
Korlash wrote: You, Orig, and either Shaft.ed or dybeck. still deciding on the third... Shaft.ed seems to have the links, but Dybeck has the distancing factor working with his obvious scumminess. hmmm, I would rather Lynch the most likely mafia, Orig, today, take you out tomorrow, and hope either shaft.ed or Dybeck are Nked or gain new evidence for/against them by day four. Note that this may change when I have fully finished reading.
I will wait until you have finished reading then. But I am glad you posted this in terms of FTR value.
Korlash wrote: On a side note I enjoyed that equation, I needed the laugh!
Oh...I see. It was a joke. :oops:
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Korlash »

Yeah. I think...

I guess your not much of a joke person there Vollkan. This could be damaging to me later on seeing as half the stuff I say are jokes.

Also whats FTR? And while I'm at it.. is HoS the same as FoS?

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by vollkan »

Korlash wrote: Also whats FTR? And while I'm at it.. is HoS the same as FoS?
FTR = For The Record.

Basically, when I said
Vollkan wrote: I will wait until you have finished reading then. But I am glad you posted this in terms of FTR value.
I meant that I was pleased you had posted those suspicions because it will let me see how things develop based on this record of your current feelings.

FoS = Finger of Suspicion
HoS = Hand of Suspicion

HoS is just a stronger version of FoS.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by Korlash »

Really. Seems odd to me to have so many XoSs and only one actual Vote! shouldn't there be like a stronger version of vote? :P

(Psst... that was a joke BTW!)

AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:05 pm

Post by AlyG »

AlyG wrote:So after a big post from Korlash (which was his first actual informative one) you don't even acknowledge it and go ahead and vote him. I have a HOS on you and to me you seem to be the most scummy person in the game so
Vote: Dybeck
Gemelli wrote:AlyG, can you articulate your reason for voting Dybeck more clearly? Saying "you seem to be the most scummy person in the game" doesn't really explain WHAT about his behavior you find scummy. With a deadline, it is becoming more and more important for all of us to explain our thinking.
Sigh, must i explain my suspicions on Dybeck the 3rd time? Gemelli, read post 1052# it explins why it think Dybeck is scummy and explains my main suspicions on him. I made that post after someone asked me the same question.
Show
[b]Games finished: 1
Won as scum: 1
Won as town: 0
Lost as Town: 0
Lost as scum: 0[/b]
Lucienne
Lucienne
Townie
Lucienne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:04 pm

Post by Lucienne »

Sorry guys!

I'm still here, and I'll try and get a post out today!
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Man I'm going to have a long Monday getting back on all this.

As far as the claim, I agree with the headdesk, it was pretty clearly an unprovoked vanilla claim. And this really really really stood out to me:
Korlash wrote: 4) I claimed town for two reasons. 1) I had just come from trying to defend/excuse Oman's stupidity. So I wanted to clarify that I was actually town. And 2) it opened up me "not claiming vanilla or power role" leaving me to agree with
whatever Oman said he was
. (Such as if on page 30 he said he was a vanilla townie I would not have contradicted that, while if he had said he was a power role, hinted he was, or actually claimed something, Doc/Cop/RB/Vig etc, I could continue that.)
So you're in a position where you suspect Oman may have claimed something that is not your role. Is it me or does the most logical conclusion stemming from this statement seem to be that you are mafia?

FoS Korlash
, it'd be a vote if there wasn't so much to read.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by Korlash »

Wow... Thats pretty odd.

I won't try and defend myself, your claims are justified. Just try putting yourself in my position. In the 30 odd pages I did read before posting that, Oman had been playing very shitty in my opinion. I have no idea what the hell he might have said. For all you know I could be the Doc and there might have been a false claim day two that Oman spoke up about. For all I know he may have let something slip about being a vanilla towny in a post that was overlooked. He may have even claimed to be the Vig at some point. I didn't mean to say he might have lied about his role, I meant to imply I didn't know if he had claimed yet, and if he didn't I don't want to claim it either. So I tried to be as vague as possible.

And for the last time I did not claim vanilla... I hinted at it and the fact that two of my top three suspects are hounding me on it seems to make me think I am on the right path.

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Korlash wrote:I would rather Lynch the most likely mafia, Orig, today, take you out tomorrow, and hope either shaft.ed or Dybeck are Nked or gain new evidence for/against them by day four.
dybeck does that change your opinion of Korlash?

Korlash, have you not gotten to the pages upon pages where we discuss the reasons that lynching orig is a poor move for the town regardless of his alignment? And I like the shopping list style of your lynching order.

I'm going to do my read of the weekends post and try to put up one reply. But as these little nuggets jump out at me, it's really hard to let them pile up.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:19 am

Post by shaft.ed »

EBWOP: And I really enjoyed the part about NK'ing me or dybeck. Especially when we've discussed ad nauseum about how likely orig is to be NK'd today. Do you have any reason to belive me or dybeck are likely to be NK'd?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:03 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Which one of these things is not like the other? Which one of these things just does not belong?
Korlash wrote: 3) No. I have no fear that you will kill me tonight Vollkan. I think you would much rather kill off Orig. and if not that, I guarantee you would kill off Shaft.ed just in case the VIg kills one of your partners You look completely innocent tomorrow. Killing me tonight would stop me being a good candidate for a lynch tomorrow.
Korlash wrote: You, Orig, and either Shaft.ed or dybeck. still deciding on the third... Shaft.ed seems to have the links, but Dybeck has the distancing factor working with his obvious scumminess. hmmm, I would rather Lynch the most likely mafia, Orig, today, take you out tomorrow, and hope either shaft.ed or Dybeck are Nked or gain new evidence for/against them by day four.
Can we say complete contradiction. First you state that vollkan is scum and wants to kill Orig, or maybe myslelf. Then less than an hour later vollkan is scum with orig and me or maybe dybeck for partners.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:13 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In regards to the vanilla claim, I really have to agree with originality on this one.
originality wrote: Why bring it up at all? You were in absolutely zero pressure.
At the time all of the votes had been removed from you except dybeck who has been considered the front runner for a lynch for some time now. Additionally AlyG had just moved his vote over to dybeck moving him back up to three votes and possibly reigniting some pressure on him. Why distract from that with this totally unneccessary claim?

And in regards to the claim I could understand where Gemelli was coming from here:
Gemelli wrote: If you had bolded the portion of the sentence that read "I am town, and logically, with three vanilla's down..." you could have just as easily made the case that he was implying a power role. I mean, the avatar includes the words "100% vanilla," but it also includes a picture of an evil demon thing waggling its eyebrows. I detect a certain amount of sarcasm from the combination.
But Korlash's subsequent comments have made it clear that he was trying to claim vanilla:
Korlash wrote: And claiming vanilla is THE BEST THING i can do as town
He was purposefully claiming vanilla, but he has subsequently obfuscated his position to the point where it basically means nothing. In doing so he has demonstrated he really really doesn't want to die, and the town comes in second.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:19 am

Post by dybeck »

shaft.ed wrote:
Korlash wrote:I would rather Lynch the most likely mafia, Orig, today, take you out tomorrow, and hope either shaft.ed or Dybeck are Nked or gain new evidence for/against them by day four.
dybeck does that change your opinion of Korlash?
Korlash looks like a good player. If he'd been in the role since Day 1, I probably would have no clue that he could be scum. However, I think I've seen enough from Oman to have made up my mind.

I'm still 70%-80% sure that lynching Oman would not be something we regret doing.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:16 am

Post by vollkan »

Korlash wrote: I won't try and defend myself, your claims are justified. Just try putting yourself in my position. In the 30 odd pages I did read before posting that, Oman had been playing very shitty in my opinion. I have no idea what the hell he might have said. For all you know I could be the Doc and there might have been a false claim day two that Oman spoke up about. For all I know he may have let something slip about being a vanilla towny in a post that was overlooked. He may have even claimed to be the Vig at some point. I didn't mean to say he might have lied about his role, I meant to imply I didn't know if he had claimed yet, and if he didn't I don't want to claim it either. So I tried to be as vague as possible.

And for the last time I did not claim vanilla... I hinted at it and the fact that two of my top three suspects are hounding me on it seems to make me think I am on the right path.
This just makes no sense to me at all. Fine, maybe Oman did claim somewhere. I haven't seen anything of that sort, and by the sounds of it, neither have you. Hence, it makes no sense that you would claim vanilla. If you didn't know what Oman had said, why would you even bother claiming? There was no pressure or anything.
And claiming vanilla is THE BEST THING i can do as town
Korlash, here you are saying that claiming vanilla is the best thing you could do. Before you were saying that you did not claim vanilla; now you are saying you "hinted". This is just downright confusing.

My opinion of Korlash so far is that he has come in and panicked for some reason; his actions all bespeak of him trying to ensure his own survival over anything else. Obviously, that's a huge scumtell in itself.

Korlash, a question: Do you think Orig is vig, mafia or SK, and why?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:09 pm

Post by Korlash »

Ok first things first, the comment about lynching Orig has changed a bit since I posted it. The reason for which I originally thought it has changed, and I no longer think that way. (I already told you guys I have not been fully caught up yet)

That being said I think he is either the Vig or mafia and I won't say which i think is more likely.

Now to the good part.

*clears throat*

If you guys can find me one post where I said "I am claiming vanilla in this post 100% right here!!!" or something to that degree of claim then by golly you might be on to something. But unless you can do that, My theory of a Vollkan, Shaft.ed, Dybeck trio is embedded in my mind.

You guys quickly come off of Oman's leave by taking a false statement against me and attacking me with it over and over and over and over...
Shaft.ed wrote:EBWOP: And I really enjoyed the part about NK'ing me or dybeck. Especially when we've discussed ad nauseum about how likely orig is to be NK'd today. Do you have any reason to belive me or dybeck are likely to be NK'd?
Hello? i thought you were smarter then that. My sentence clearly showed I was counting Orig as the lynch, thus there was no way in HELL he could have been NKed. And at that time I was assuming Vollkan was mafia and you two were town, killing you guys (The ones I consider his most ally like) would throw all suspicion off of him. So, to answer your question, no. Unless Orig is left alive I have no fear you or dybeck will be NKed because your my pick for scum.

And yeah, an hour of reading your guy's crap can change a lot thank you very much.

I have already answered as to why i never actually said it, it's not my fault you don't agree with me. It is your fault you keep ignoring the fact I never actually said it though...

And my statement about how claiming vanilla was best for me in no ways proves I claimed it. It does give you a reason why i hinted at it so strongly, so if you got the impression I claimed it then yay it worked! However I do not see townies pushing this hard on something like this, especially seeing as how your claim is false. So I would much rather ask you why you three think it's such a good idea to make up lies about me this late in the game?

And I am 100% sure the town (Not you three) will regret my death. But hey, I am willing to die today. When you guys see I'm town, one of you gets NKed from the Vig and we still have a good chance of winning. I just don't think my death is necessary when we could take one of you out today and be done with it tomorrow.

As for not having seen Oman claim anything THANK YOU! That would be so helpful if you save me the god **** trouble and just say stuff like that. I mean if I say something like "I am going to read 1100 posts to see if a guy ever said this!" all you guys have to do is say "nope he never said it" and we could move on... But nooo... you have to make up lies about me instead.

So in general, I hinted at vanilla, you guys said claiming vanilla was bad, I explained that I believed claiming vanilla would be good for me (Note didn't actually do it), and you guys continue your obvious lies! I admit, my "not claim" may have been unneeded. But I felt it was an easy way to sum up "Don't kill me because of Oman! I may be vanilla but I may also be a role!"

And as for "huge scumtell in itself. " can you blame me for wanting to live after reading all this shit? I mean I come in read 1000 posts and am then lynched... do you think I would ever replace in a game again? I don't... thats totally gay...

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Korlash, you're making the same scummy mistake dybeck has been most of today, and I'm sure you read it a few hundred times during your reread. Let me repeat this for you. If orig is mafia, the SK is obligated to NK him or he has lost the game. So, since you state originality is mafia if scum, please explain how lynching originality is an efficient use of the town's lynch today.

And you are the one being ridiculous about the vanilla claim. Now you are admitting "you strongly hinted at it." Yet you label us liars for saying you claimed it. The difference is so miniscule as to be non-discernable.

And here is the exact quote yet again:
Korlash wrote: I think my avy says it all
Then I read your avy, it says "100% vanilla." It doesn't say
Korlash wrote: Doc/Cop/RB/Vig etc
So please your attempts at deflecting this ridiculous play onto others are sad. I'm not saying "hinting strongly at vanilla" (ie claiming) is scummy in and of itself, I'm saying "hinting strongly at any role" (ie claiming) without any outside pressure whatsoever is scummy. Stop arguing a moot point.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by Korlash »

Man... Am I the only one who sees this? This cannot be another towny twisting my words so much...

First,
Korlash wrote:Ok first things first, the comment about lynching Orig has changed a bit since I posted it. The reason for which I originally thought it has changed, and I no longer think that way. (I already told you guys I have not been fully caught up yet)
shaft.ed wrote: So, since you state originality is mafia if scum, please explain how lynching originality is an efficient use of the town's lynch today.
I TOLD YOU I HAVE CHANGED MY GOD **** OPINION ABOUT LYNCHING ORIG! Stop ignoring what I say and trying to attack me with arguments like that. I hope to God that when the other townies actually put in some new input they can see through your scheme here. And if you use the argument "i just wanted to judge your reaction" I might just quit like Oman did. I am reacting just like anyone would, by getting pissed at how badly your twisting my words.

As for this same thing you keep bringing up, I gave you my explanation of just hinting at it. If you really were a good townie you would have accepted that I either made a mistake or whatever you think claiming vanilla would be and let it go. But noooo, you have to ignore all my reasons and keep pushing that "I claimed without reason!" I had reason, explained it, I did not claim, explained it, and yet you ignore my explanations, scummy thing to do.

Vote: Shaft.ed

i never voted Vollkan because I felt it seemed to OMGUSish, not to mention i had not been fully set on you three being the scum. Now that I am I feel we get rid of you, hope Orig is smart enough to kill one of the actual Mafia, and lynch the last one tomorrow. But... Because I am pissed off, and thus biased, I am willing to hear from a player I think is town on their opinion of your actions, and my reactions. I would hate to either be wrong/be lynched today with my vote based (even jsut a little) on my feelings toward the player I am voting.

*tries to calm down*

Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:58 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Deadline will not be retracted. It will still be on
November 1

votes to lynch at deadline, or else a No Lynch will occur.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Korlash,
Sorry about the Orig thing. I misread your post. Still getting used to your writing...style. My bad, just after dybeck and Elias I really really want the town to be clear that it is not the play for today.

In regards to the claim, you are the one twisting my words. You called me a liar for saying you claimed vanilla, that is a fallacy. We've been over this enough and it's distracting from scum hunting. But you never admitted that your act was a claim and when people called you out for claiming under no pressure instead of giving any plausible reason, you just called them liars and split hairs about whether or not you claimed.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:09 pm

Post by Korlash »

because I did not claim. I tried to hide the fact I was in fact a power role and you three seem bent on trying to "weed out" weather I really an vanilla or not. Have fun with that. I could care less if I die tonight or not, we already have the three mafia so this game should be a town win.

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

You're being deflective again. I never tried to weed out whether or not you're a powerrole. I simply stated my opinion of your post and subsequent obfuscation. What I'm trying to figure out is why you would have felt the need to "strongly hint" at any role from your position. I'll accept that you've explained it the best you can, but it doesn't sit well. If you were really trying to hide the fact you were a powerrole you would have never brought any of this up. My annoyance right now stems from the fact that if you are town, you have hurt us by distracting from scum hunting. But if you are scum you are simply trying to confuse the situation to make us think you have a power role whithout ever having to claim one specifically.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:30 pm

Post by vollkan »

Korlash wrote: If you guys can find me one post where I said "I am claiming vanilla in this post 100% right here!!!" or something to that degree of claim then by golly you might be on to something. But unless you can do that, My theory of a Vollkan, Shaft.ed, Dybeck trio is embedded in my mind.
You said:
Korlash wrote: ... I think my avy says it all...
Your avatar says "100% vanilla". 'Nuff said.
Korlash wrote: Hello? i thought you were smarter then that. My sentence clearly showed I was counting Orig as the lynch, thus there was no way in HELL he could have been NKed. And at that time I was assuming Vollkan was mafia and you two were town, killing you guys (The ones I consider his most ally like) would throw all suspicion off of him. So, to answer your question, no. Unless Orig is left alive I have no fear you or dybeck will be NKed because your my pick for scum.
This makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Clarify it please.
Korlash wrote: And I am 100% sure the town (Not you three) will regret my death. But hey, I am willing to die today. When you guys see I'm town, one of you gets NKed from the Vig and we still have a good chance of winning. I just don't think my death is necessary when we could take one of you out today and be done with it tomorrow.
You're either very skilled, or the most presumptive player I have ever encountered.

You are so certain that shaft.ed, dybeck and myself are mafia together that you are prepared to have a lynch of yourself, which (if you are town, which I am beginning to doubt) will bring it to either 4:3:1 or 5:3 because you know that there is absolutely no chance of Orig misvigging if he targets one of us three.

OBJECTION!
(always wanted to say that)
You said just in that very same post:
Korlash wrote: That being said I think he is either the Vig or
mafia
and I won't say which i think is more likely.
The problem here is very simple:
Korlash is SO certain about shaft.ed/dybeck/Vollkan that he is apparently prepared to die to prove it (How his death proves this I have no idea...), on the basis that him coming up town proves that the mafia are shaft.ed/dybeck/Vollkan (again, how???) and then Orig will NK one of us, ensuring that we still have "a good chance of winning" However, Korlash himself contradicts this because he himself is unconvinced as to whether Orig is vig or mafia.
Vote: Korlash

Korlash wrote: And my statement about how claiming vanilla was best for me in no ways proves I claimed it. It does give you a reason why i hinted at it so strongly, so if you got the impression I claimed it then yay it worked! However I do not see townies pushing this hard on something like this, especially seeing as how
your claim is false.
So I would much rather ask you why you three think it's such a good idea to make up
lies about me this late in the game?
Whose claim is false??
What lies??

Korlash, the fact is that prematurely claiming vanilla is bad for the town. It is not unreasonable of us to be hounding you for doing so; it is an action which makes no sense for a townie.
Korlash wrote: i never voted Vollkan because I felt it seemed to OMGUSish,
Again, korlash places most value on his own self-preservation.

I've seen enough.
Vote: Korlash
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:39 pm

Post by Korlash »

Wow.. you voted me twice in one post... nice...

And I have pointed out where your guy's arguments about me are false, and where you are throwing out (I guess they are not so much lies as they are misinterpretations you will not accept my reasons for) those things that I no longer feel the need or have the energy to do it again. If the real town cannot see through your facade then we have no hope.

And wooooo... yet again I did not-"claim" my feelings on Orig and so you twist my words into saying "I am unconvinced if Orig is vig or mafia!" *sigh* if your not going to actually read a full sentence I type just tell me now and I will periodically leave words out of so that you wont have to read and it will make better to you. < that was a joke.. I know you cannot fathom them so I feel the need to point that out.

Going through the lists of reasons why your vote against me is bogus:

Your first vote was placed on me after you claimed "I was undecided on how I feel about orig" Because of that I assume you placed the vote because that piece of evidence threw me into vote range. So I will disprove that bit and assume it should throw me back into "Not so much vote range"
Korlash wrote:That being said I think he is either the Vig or mafia and
I won't say which i think is more likely.
You kinda skipped the fact I hinted here that I felt one of them more likely to be then the other. Care to take a guess on which side I was leaning? No? i felt not. Wouldn't want you to see how dumb you are. Moving on...

False claims: (This list is probably incomplete because I am tired... but here we go.. in no specific order also...)
Vollkan wrote: Korlash himself contradicts this because he himself is unconvinced as to whether Orig is vig or mafia.
shaft.ed wrote:So, since you state originality is mafia if scum, please explain how lynching originality is an efficient use of the town's lynch today.
Vollkan wrote:Your avatar says "100% vanilla". 'Nuff said.
Shaft.ed wrote:But Korlash's subsequent comments have made it clear that he was trying to claim vanilla:
Shaft.ed wrote:So you're in a position where you suspect Oman may have claimed something that is not your role. Is it me or does the most logical conclusion stemming from this statement seem to be that you are mafia?
Vollkan wrote:Why on earth did you just claim vanilla?!
Vollkan wrote:Korlash, it is not role-fishing for me to tell you not to claim vanilla. Any player with a grain of sense would do exactly the same thing.
Vollkan wrote:You claimed vanilla. I don't care if it is genuine or not and I have no intention of pursuing any further, but you should know that claiming vanilla when you are not under pressure of lynch is incredibly anti-town.
Vollkan wrote: And if you don't have a role it means that the scum are more likely to hit a power role.
Vollkan wrote:a) If you are vanilla, it means that the scum know that you are safe not to NK and have a higher likelihood of hitting a power role.
b) If you are a power role, it draws attention onto yourself which can result in suspicion which can result in forced claim, which just flags you to the scum.
Originality wrote:Why bring it up at all? You were in absolutely zero pressure.
Vollkan wrote:No. I knew precisely what you meant. My point is that it is no defence/explanation/excuse/justification/whatever word you want to use to simply claim vanilla and then suggest we all move on.
Vollkan wrote:It is inherently anti-town when done prematurely (as yours was).
Vollkan wrote:Claiming a power role would be idiotic, but it would not be incriminating. I would be pissed as all hell if you did that, because that can only help the scum, but it would not incriminate you.
Vollkan wrote:The fact remains that you had no reason to claim vanilla.
Vollkan wrote:Surely you realise that your priority should be helping the town, not ensuring your own survival.
Vollkan wrote:b) It is bad for town if you are telling the truth about being vanilla because:
I) Scum will NK elsewhere and will likely hit a powerrole
II) You may have now drawn suspicion onto yourself and not onto scum
Vollkan wrote:2) I would prefer to keep a RB/Vig over a modest vanilla you any day.
Those are my biggest issue ATM... Each one has a small part, or a large part, or the whole thing that I disagree with. Please do not point out which of these is obviously not false, or try and put words into my mouth here. If you want to know why i disagree with a specific one ask, and then I will explain. Then, you will be able to point out where I may be mistaken, and where My argument may have a flaw in it.

I also want to point out two more pieces here and explain now:
Shaft.ed wrote: I never tried to weed out whether or not you're a powerrole.
This was actually my biggest issue over half of the time we have been arguing, yet I never remembered to bring it up. and I feel like saying it now won't help my case, but it may explain why I have been so adamant in my defense/attack.

I am town, It means nothing to you, it proves nothing, but to me it means I am 100% sure I am town. So, when I "hint," or even 'semi-claim" if you want, at any role (Mafia, vanilla, power role) the mafia can in no way know what I am talking about. So, when a person or persons push me up against the wall saying my claim hurt the town, it made me feel like those people were trying to either get me to admit I had a role, or to further admit I was vanilla. If the mafia knew either of these then of course your arguments made sense. If they were sure I was vanilla they would know who to hit for a cop/doc likeliness. So I found it scummy you guys kept pushing my "claim" no matter how many times I tried to defend myself/ say I did not claim. Thus I called it role fishing earlier and just recently said you were trying to weed me out. Whether or not this was your intention you cannot deny that the more we talked about it the more likelihood that I actually claimed and thus gave the mafia info. As of right now I am still pretty much an unknown and thus still a gamble for a NK. Could be good, could be bad. keep pushing and I know it will be bad.

Secondly:
Shaft.ed wrote: it's distracting from scum hunting.
Shaft.ed wrote:You have hurt us by distracting from scum hunting.
I feel I have been scum hunting the whole time. And I also think I may have found three scum. So, while you seem to want to make it very clear I am the one keeping us from scum hunting, You yourself could very much go on and question others and me at the same time. I mean I cannot be held responsible the others are not posting. I find it odd Originality and Elias and AllyG and Lucienne and Gemelli are not actively participating in this. So it is not totally my fault no "scum hunting" is being done aside from what I am doing. Perhaps if you focused more on them and the same on me (or even less... But you don't have too) some additional hunting would get done.

Theres a little bit of a summary of my thoughts. All put together. I should in fact go back and highlight my own too, but I feel some of what I said no longer applies (Due to reread) plus I hate incriminating myself..so, ehh... you guys can if you want.

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:37 pm

Post by vollkan »

Korlash wrote: Your first vote was placed on me after you claimed "I was undecided on how I feel about orig" Because of that I assume you placed the vote because that piece of evidence threw me into vote range. So I will disprove that bit and assume it should throw me back into "Not so much vote range"
Korlash wrote: That being said I think he is either the Vig or mafia and I won't say which i think is more likely.
You kinda skipped the fact I hinted here that I felt one of them more likely to be then the other. Care to take a guess on which side I was leaning? No? i felt not. Wouldn't want you to see how dumb you are. Moving on...
Korlash, I was already entirely aware of that ambiguous little sentence (why were you cryptic anyway?). The fact I was aware of it is pretty damn clear from this:
Korlash wrote:However, Korlash himself contradicts this because he himself is unconvinced as to whether Orig is vig or mafia.
To spell this out for you:
Your plan fails miserably if Orig is mafia; in fact, it is downright destructive.

Assuming you are town and that orig is either mafia or vig, for the sake of following your ridiculous logic:
Lynch townKorlash= 5:3 or 4:3:1

In 5:3, (Orig = Vig)
MafNK town = 4:3
Orig's vig NK = 3:3 or 4:2 (if no NK = 4:3)

In 4:3:1, (Orig= Mafia, ? = SK)
MafNK town = 3:3:1 P =4/5
SK NK Orig = 3:2 This one is basically certain since the SK needs to get rid of Orig

In other words, Korlash, you could hardly be sincere in your pledge that you are willing to die to give the town a "good chance of winning" when the best outcome which will likely result is LYLO and the worst is a mafia win.

You are grounding this in the ridiculous assumption that shaft.ed, dybeck and myself are 100% all 3 obvious scum. As I have already said, this is already immediately waived by the fact that you have yourself admitted that you are not 100% certain about Orig being vig. You initially were cryptic, then you said you think Orig is more likely. For your plan to even superficially make sense, you would need absolute certainty on Orig also. I got angry at dybeck for just being certain about Orig, but you are doing this threefold (fourfold if you again modify your view of Orig).

Now,
Korlash's Big List of False Claims

Korlash himself contradicts this because he himself is unconvinced as to whether Orig is vig or mafia.
See above. This is not false.
shaft.ed wrote: So, since you state originality is mafia if scum, please explain how lynching originality is an efficient use of the town's lynch today.
Shaft.ed is absolutely correct here. If Orig is mafia, then it is stupid of us to lynch him because his NK by the SK is all but guaranteed.
Vollkan wrote: Your avatar says "100% vanilla". 'Nuff said.
I'm pretty sure that I am literate.
shaft.ed wrote: But Korlash's subsequent comments have made it clear that he was trying to claim vanilla:
Rather than refute this myself, I will just quote you:
Korlash wrote: So in general, I hinted at vanilla
shaft.ed wrote: So you're in a position where you suspect Oman may have claimed something that is not your role. Is it me or does the most logical conclusion stemming from this statement seem to be that you are mafia?
Reasonable given what you had said.
Vollkan wrote: Why on earth did you just claim vanilla?!
You claimed. This is not a lie/misrep/whatever.
Vollkan wrote: Korlash, it is not role-fishing for me to tell you not to claim vanilla. Any player with a grain of sense would do exactly the same thing.
Korlash, DON'T CLAIM DOC! Was that role-fishing? No.

Telling somebody not to claim is not role-fishing. It's idiotic that you would suggest it is. The only difference between the example I just gave and the present case is that you actually claimed vanilla.
Vollkan wrote: You claimed vanilla. I don't care if it is genuine or not and I have no intention of pursuing any further, but you should know that claiming vanilla when you are not under pressure of lynch is incredibly anti-town.
This feels like I am banging my head against a wall...or desk.
Vollkan wrote: And if you don't have a role it means that the scum are more likely to hit a power role.
If scum don't target a vanilla they are more likely to hit a power role...seems perfectly sensible to me.
Vollkan wrote: a) If you are vanilla, it means that the scum know that you are safe not to NK and have a higher likelihood of hitting a power role.
b) If you are a power role, it draws attention onto yourself which can result in suspicion which can result in forced claim, which just flags you to the scum.
As with the above, this is a FACT. I don't see how you can construe it as a "false claim".
Orig wrote: Why bring it up at all? You were in absolutely zero pressure.
Not false. You were under no pressure.
Vollkan wrote: No. I knew precisely what you meant. My point is that it is no defence/explanation/excuse/justification/whatever word you want to use to simply claim vanilla and then suggest we all move on.
Claiming vanilla is no defence/excuse/etc. Again, this is not a false claim.
Vollkan wrote: It is inherently anti-town when done prematurely (as yours was).
BZZT. FACT. NEXT
Vollkan wrote: Claiming a power role would be idiotic, but it would not be incriminating. I would be pissed as all hell if you did that, because that can only help the scum, but it would not incriminate you.
Oh boy. Here, you are either saying that it is false that prematurely claiming a power role is idiotic, which is an idiotic thing in itself, or you are asserting that I am making a false claim that I myself would be "pissed as all hell"
Vollkan wrote: The fact remains that you had no reason to claim vanilla.
We've been over this already. Stop being obtuse.
Vollkan wrote: Surely you realise that your priority should be helping the town, not ensuring your own survival.
:shock: *trips* If THIS is a false claim...then you should be lynched right here and now.
b) It is bad for town if you are telling the truth about being vanilla because:
I) Scum will NK elsewhere and will likely hit a powerrole
II) You may have now drawn suspicion onto yourself and not onto scum
FACT.
Vollkan wrote: 2) I would prefer to keep a RB/Vig over a modest vanilla you any day.
This is about my own personal preference (which makes sense). How the hell do you warrant calling this false??!?
Korlash wrote: Those are my biggest issue ATM... Each one has a small part, or a large part, or the whole thing that I disagree with. Please do not point out which of these is obviously not false, or try and put words into my mouth here. If you want to know why i disagree with a specific one ask, and then I will explain. Then, you will be able to point out where I may be mistaken, and where My argument may have a flaw in it.
I don't need to point out a few of them. They are all complete rot.
Korlash wrote: I am town, It means nothing to you, it proves nothing, but to me it means I am 100% sure I am town. So, when I "hint," or even 'semi-claim" if you want, at any role (Mafia, vanilla, power role) the mafia can in no way know what I am talking about. So, when a person or persons push me up against the wall saying my claim hurt the town, it made me feel like those people were trying to either get me to admit I had a role, or to further admit I was vanilla. If the mafia knew either of these then of course your arguments made sense. If they were sure I was vanilla they would know who to hit for a cop/doc likeliness. So I found it scummy you guys kept pushing my "claim" no matter how many times I tried to defend myself/ say I did not claim. Thus I called it role fishing earlier and just recently said you were trying to weed me out. Whether or not this was your intention you cannot deny that the more we talked about it the more likelihood that I actually claimed and thus gave the mafia info. As of right now I am still pretty much an unknown and thus still a gamble for a NK. Could be good, could be bad. keep pushing and I know it will be bad.
Korlash, you claimed vanilla. Nobody has been rolefishing, because you claimed.

My intention was to reprimand you for doing something inherently anti-town. Then you struck out without your vapid theorising and have now peaked my scumdar.
Korlash wrote: I feel I have been scum hunting the whole time. And I also think I may have found three scum. So, while you seem to want to make it very clear I am the one keeping us from scum hunting, You yourself could very much go on and question others and me at the same time. I mean I cannot be held responsible the others are not posting. I find it odd Originality and Elias and AllyG and Lucienne and Gemelli are not actively participating in this. So it is not totally my fault no "scum hunting" is being done aside from what I am doing.
Perhaps if you focused more on them and the same on me (or even less... But you don't have too) some additional hunting would get done.
Huh?!?! I thought shaft.ed/dybeck/myself were the 3 obvious 100% scum. As such, why should you even care what we do?

That last sentence...it's just brilliant.

I think we've hooked one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”