New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)

Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

In post 243, Mirhawk wrote:
In post 99, Wake1 wrote:
Mirhawk
———✶
Honestly,
Performer
didn't say he wanted it to stand out. Are you assuming he did?
In order to not stand out he could have simply not voted.

He deliberately voted no lynch, what possible reason could he have done that for unless he wanted people to notice it.

In all honesty the more I talk about it the less I like it.
In post 246, Performer wrote:
In post 244, Mirhawk wrote:Hey performer, why did you vote for a no lynch? It's obviously not going to stick, so why not just place no vote?
To fish for reactions ! First day of d1 , we had plenty of time to talk over things, get wagons generated, etc. Unless there are special cases, then no lynch is typically a bad way to go.

Oh and someone asked if I was an IC before - I'm not going to answer that question.
I like this answer.
In post 248, Zachstralkita wrote:
Performer wrote:
In post 245, Zachstralkita wrote:Fun fact guys, Dunnstral has hard tunneled me D1-2 before and I flipped Town. He just gets a little excited sometimes.
Performer wrote:
In post 241, Zachstralkita wrote:
implosion wrote:
Zach i'm like pretty close to townreading you. I just need you to give me some more to work with.
How does that work? You're the sole benefactor of my wagon.
I find that strange as well, imp saying he is close to townreading you . Not only that, but him saying his tone is typically scumread by others, is also frankly weird.
Are you going to.. do anything about this?
I am going to wait and see. imp is hardly the type to lurk.
Now's probably a time to get this shannon counterwagon going pal, I know you put the slot into null but I have a scouter-type ability for finding scum (which people....don't really put faith in... but it works)
@Implosion, why the change of heart?
@Zach, what makes you so sure shannon is scum? Several people marked her as town, this is a potentially dangerous move for you.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 168, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 167, implosion wrote:It's just that phrasing. "NOT GET LYNCHED" card. It's like you're implying it's some pocket tactic that he's pulling out to preemptively dodge pressure which is just such an unlikely line of thought.
Not what I was implying, were I implying anything.

implosion wrote:
I just really don't like the direction of criticism towards the declaration of v/la. Or the fact that when I question you about it you become more vague and say that "his aura is pinging you."
What you like and don't like has no relevant effect on me, sir. I can tell you you're way off though, like Titanic engineer schematic level of wrong.
The biggest problem with the Titanic wasn't that there were engineering problems, but rather that they didn't understand how brittle steel could get at lower temperatures. Well that and it hit a iceberg.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Mirhawk »

What sort of reaction were you expecting to get?
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Mirhawk »

@performer btw
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 250, Boem_u_dusi wrote: @Zach, what makes you so sure shannon is scum? Several people marked her as town, this is a potentially dangerous move for you.
Apparently my fucking intake of oxygen is a dangerous move for me seeing all these votes come my way for being my damn self. And it's not like a lot of people saying someone's town... makes them town. Simple as. Good scum can have the whole game townread them and no one will know until it's too late and we get fucked in our sleep. Not that shannon's good scum, she has too few posts for me to make a judgement on the skill of her scumminess, but just enough for me to determine that she is, in fact, scum.
Mirhawk wrote:
In post 168, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 167, implosion wrote:It's just that phrasing. "NOT GET LYNCHED" card. It's like you're implying it's some pocket tactic that he's pulling out to preemptively dodge pressure which is just such an unlikely line of thought.
Not what I was implying, were I implying anything.

implosion wrote:
I just really don't like the direction of criticism towards the declaration of v/la. Or the fact that when I question you about it you become more vague and say that "his aura is pinging you."
What you like and don't like has no relevant effect on me, sir. I can tell you you're way off though, like Titanic engineer schematic level of wrong.
The biggest problem with the Titanic wasn't that there were engineering problems, but rather that they didn't understand how brittle steel could get at lower temperatures. Well that and it hit a iceberg.
Look at that, you learn something new everyday.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:35 am

Post by implosion »

Performer wrote:Not only that, but him saying his tone is typically scumread by others, is also frankly weird.
I got pretty aggravatingly mislynched in a recent game over what felt like just people saying I felt off with no other good justification (particularly I note that Kmd pushes me for "a lack of perceived genuineness") and I'm still a bit salty over it.

It was mostly aggravating because it was like the first game in forever where I felt really good about my reads and it turned out that they were really good and I got lynched anyway, but that's beside the point.
Zach wrote:How does that work? You're the sole benefactor of my wagon.
It works because you've been doing things that want to make me townread you but there are still things I'm trying to see the town motivation for, hence my line of questioning.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 255, implosion wrote:
Performer wrote:Not only that, but him saying his tone is typically scumread by others, is also frankly weird.
I got pretty aggravatingly mislynched in a recent game over what felt like just people saying I felt off with no other good justification (particularly I note that Kmd pushes me for "a lack of perceived genuineness") and I'm still a bit salty over it.

It was mostly aggravating because it was like the first game in forever where I felt really good about my reads and it turned out that they were really good and I got lynched anyway, but that's beside the point.
Zach wrote:How does that work? You're the sole benefactor of my wagon.
It works because you've been doing things that want to make me townread you but there are still things I'm trying to see the town motivation for, hence my line of questioning.
Okay I'll help you out with that, wave your magic wand and make this wagon disappear, thank you based wizard.
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

We need to pressure shannon or Sickofit1138, although I'm not entirely satisfied with Zach. But he would probably be a mislynch.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:43 am

Post by implosion »

Yeah fine w/e. I just need to figure out who the next flavor of wagon will be. Which will take a bit bc I have a dentist appointment in 20 minutes.

Zach's reaction to his wagon reads genuine. Posts like 227 feel like a consistent reaction to being incorrectly wagoned.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:44 am

Post by implosion »

And I don't think that sickofit is a good wagon atm. His stuff feels tonally really weird but I'm not convinced it's in a scummy way and almost everything he's posted has been taking stances on people with reasoning so I'm not keen on that wagon atm.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 259, implosion wrote:And I don't think that sickofit is a good wagon atm. His stuff feels tonally really weird but I'm not convinced it's in a scummy way and almost everything he's posted has been taking stances on people with reasoning so I'm not keen on that wagon atm.
You must atone for your sins. Smite shannon.

I want to say that if Dunnstral keeps up this wagon he's probably scum LMFAO
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

or should i do what i do every game and say scum!Dunnstral is too smart to hard wagon me

but that's WIFOM CENTRAL
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:11 am

Post by podoboq »

Not a lot to read yet, but I want to get some basic thoughts on the page so that people at least have something of value to read from me.

The following reads are in no particular order.

TOWNY:

Spoiler: AGar
In post 71, AGar wrote:(Titus's) playstyle is beyond abrasive, it's centered on division of the town and generally just not fun to play with.
This is all he's said that is worth reading so far, and it's a good reason to vote somebody. I don't know how true it is, but this is a pro-town mindset.

Spoiler: Zachstralkita
I was sumreading him for being generally useless, as well as some genuinely scummy stuff, but the response he's had to his wagon reads as genuine to me, and his posting has become a lot better.

Spoiler: Performer
The no lynch vote to fish a response is towny.

Spoiler: implosion
I actually don't know why I like his posts, but I do.

NULL:

Spoiler: Mirhawk
All of the stuff some people have had a problem with, I like. A no lynch vote is an attempt to stand out and say something, but isn't inherently towny or scummy. Still not enough content here for me to read

Spoiler: Wake88
The back and forth between Titus is weird, but in theory, I agree with Wake's argument. A vote at this point is not inherently a scum read. I think that what he did
was
interrupting, because it relieves pressure from Almost50 and distracts from what Titus was trying to talk about. It's undermining, which interrupts the flow of a discussion, and stifles Titus's attempts to gain a read from the interaction. I think this was a mistake rather than something intentional, though.

SCUMMY:

Spoiler: Lapsa
It seems like there's thought going on in his posts, but there's no real analysis I that I can see, so that's a problem. You have opinions. How about explaining them?

Spoiler: Dunnstral
Lots of vote hopping, and not enough explanation of his reads.

Spoiler: Sickofit1138
In post 75, Sickofit1138 wrote:I don't like the way he gave some kinda wiifm shit to push against a lynch. On his secon post on P 3
In post 89, Sickofit1138 wrote:ummm town wouldnt type a post to stand out, that outs attention on them and away from hunting actual scum. ... so it sounds like you are insinuating that he is scum. i think it could be that you are scum pushing against an early mislynch.
There are a huge reach, and pretty scummy.

Spoiler: Varsoon
I get that he has basically no posts so far, but this is scummy:
In post 100, Varsoon wrote:Not yet.
I'm considering just hopping on whatever's popular and seeing where that tides us.

I KIND OF HAVE NO READ YET:

Almost50
shannon
Airick10
Transcend
PeregrineV
Boem_u_dusi
Titus
Nosferatu
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:12 am

Post by podoboq »

VOTE: Sickofit for now
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

I don't understand the Sickofit hype to be perfectly honest. I feel like it's a waste of time along with my wagon.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 240, Performer wrote:I just realized that there are literally only 4 people I played with , in here.
Nosferatu, do you recall the game where Firebringer was scum with Xtoxm Traitor, and what's his face as the 3rd scum? There's something strange going on here and I 'd like for you to try to look at that game. I'm going to dig into that game as well (moderated by chamber). I think that may help us in discerning alignment for Mr. X.
I had forgotten about that game but at first glance the ISOs here and there seem a bit different. Don't want to make any conclusions from that immediately, but I'll be paying more attention in the future.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 202, Zachstralkita wrote:Yo Transcend, how about you come to my fucking aid pretty please with sugar on top. I can't work my magic and find scum (which I already have) if I'm dead.
:?:
In post 211, Zachstralkita wrote: I wish I was Dunn so people can dickride me too. Dunn hasn't offered any points toward my lynch, you guys just gravitate to what he says.
:cool:
In post 212, Zachstralkita wrote:Dunn himself is going to shoot back in here and say I'm town in a bit.
Why would I do that?
In post 245, Zachstralkita wrote:Fun fact guys, Dunnstral has hard tunneled me D1-2 before and I flipped Town. He just gets a little excited sometimes.
You seem to be considering me squarely as town awfully early

Also you worded that like I led a lynch against you and you got hanged, which is not what happened and I changed my opinion and thought you were town that game
In post 260, Zachstralkita wrote: I want to say that if Dunnstral keeps up this wagon he's probably scum LMFAO
This is not somethign you say if you're town because ideally you want to see what I do for myself, instead it looks like you're trying to scare me away off of you
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 266, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 202, Zachstralkita wrote:Yo Transcend, how about you come to my fucking aid pretty please with sugar on top. I can't work my magic and find scum (which I already have) if I'm dead.
:?:
In post 211, Zachstralkita wrote: I wish I was Dunn so people can dickride me too. Dunn hasn't offered any points toward my lynch, you guys just gravitate to what he says.
:cool:
In post 212, Zachstralkita wrote:Dunn himself is going to shoot back in here and say I'm town in a bit.
Why would I do that?
What a weird way to interpret that. That's not what I said or meant.
Dunnstral wrote: This is not somethign you say if you're town because ideally you want to see what I do for myself, instead it looks like you're trying to scare me away off of you
You're not the one who actually determines what I say if I'm Town, I'm the towniest of them all and those words have come forth directly from my thoughts, bounced off of my keyboard keys and appeared on your screen. Try me boi
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 225, Performer wrote:So let me get this right.
Wagon analysis here we go: 2/4 votes are RVS on Wake. 1/4 is from a guy no one even played with. 1/4 is from someone who hasn't said why, and requests me to join the wagon.
This must be the Twilight Zone. Or you guys are aliens.
Pretty much
In post 232, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 231, implosion wrote:Nah, he's right. shannon is probably town. 175 isn't an argument that I think scum are particularly likely to be the first to make in this kind of game, the follow-up in 184 also is a post that I see scum as unlikely to make.
That's horrible.

Those aren't even really arguments either.
Meanwhile you have no arguments against shannon and absolutely no reason to be pushing her over someone else (there are scummy people)
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 268, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 225, Performer wrote:So let me get this right.
Wagon analysis here we go: 2/4 votes are RVS on Wake. 1/4 is from a guy no one even played with. 1/4 is from someone who hasn't said why, and requests me to join the wagon.
This must be the Twilight Zone. Or you guys are aliens.
Pretty much
In post 232, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 231, implosion wrote:Nah, he's right. shannon is probably town. 175 isn't an argument that I think scum are particularly likely to be the first to make in this kind of game, the follow-up in 184 also is a post that I see scum as unlikely to make.
That's horrible.

Those aren't even really arguments either.
Meanwhile you have no arguments against shannon and absolutely no reason to be pushing her over someone else (there are scummy people)
Except I do, shannon pretty much slipped and kase klosed.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Need I remind you that you have literally no argument against me? Are you sure you're not on drugs? You've never shared with me :cry:
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

You appear just to make false statements about me and diffuse what I say? I'm not that important.

I get you pride yourself on your " scum hunting abilities " that's all well and dandy but you need to ease up fore u get keyed up cause we G'd up
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Transcend »

Okay

Zach's prob town.

Let's get boem.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 266, Dunnstral wrote:
This is hilarious. When other people do this you're getting " THE RESPECT YOU DESERVE", but if I do it (and not that I did) I'm scum?

You're conf biasing the shit out of yourself.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

My main point with shannon is you don't say someone's a townie you can afford to lose and then say they're mafia (But not teamed with you, because that would be so annoyingly unbearable!) in almost the same breath.

Feel free to lynch scum any time you guys want, not even shannon but the main wagons are most likely town right now.(Wake is not a main wagon at the moment)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”