New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:34 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 968, shannon wrote: VOTE: Wake for pushing Titus after the role claim.

Titus you're both experienced and have claimed a PR, from here whenever you vote I'm hitching myself to your wagon, unless I get better info myself.
In post 969, Transcend wrote:VOTE: wake
UNVOTE: Titus

Finally, something interesting.

This shannon player is voting me because I'm pushing you Titus... because that's it. Now she says she's going to hitch herself to your wagon whenever you vote because you're a claimed PR. And Transcend just goes with it, no reason need apply.

Varsoon
Mirhawk
Zach
Lapsa
Implosion
Dunnstral
Titus
: This is a serious move. One that needs to be explained. Please, if you would, share your thoughts on this.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 968, shannon wrote:
Someone was calling for an investigative role on me
, and someone else voted and then moved (maybe this was Titus and Zach). I get that I'm not a great contributor this game, I think it's a combo of being sick, RL busy, other game busy, and unused to playing with so many people.
I would encourage an investigator not to waste their action
, and I'll try to do better to keep track of what's going on in the game and to contribute.
I'd be stoked to get cleared by an investigative PR.

This reads to me like you want the theoretical PR to not look in your direction.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Wake1 »

, and someone else voted and then moved (maybe this was Titus and Zach). I get that I'm not a great contributor this game, I think it's a combo of being sick, RL busy, other game busy, and unused to playing with so many people.
, and I'll try to do better to keep track of what's going on in the game and to contribute.

This reads to me like you want the theoretical PR to not look in your direction.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Wake1 »

Friggin' doublepost.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:43 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 970, Lapsa wrote:
In post 927, Wake1 wrote:People aren't dumb to think you could do something outrageous like fakeclaim mason Day 1 as Scum.
count me in. after seeing double bussing and town fake claiming - i'm dumb enough not to be surprised

i find it interesting that you seem fairly indecisive on this, Wake
In post 927, Wake1 wrote:You saying you couldn't/wouldn't do something... does not mean you could not or would not do that very thing.
are you dumb enough?
Not pointing fingers or anything. Just asking if you could clarify both parts of this so I don't misread it please.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:45 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 927, Wake1 wrote: Not pointing fingers or anything. Just asking if you could clarify both parts of this so I don't misread it please.
drop it. i don't think that will lead anywhere
abcedminded
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:48 am

Post by Wake1 »

Personally, regarding my playstyle, I think it's healthy to literally question everything. Unless it's mod-confirmed. Where other players don't question, I do. It can be grating and abrasive, I know, but I'm a bit more cynical, paranoid, and curious. Hitting hard with these questions Day 1, in my experience, always makes the next Days easier, because if you can get players really talking early on you can go back in the past and see if their current words and actions mesh with their past words. We have literally nothing to go on Day 1 so it makes sense to spur discussion and reactions, even if it's not pleasant.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:50 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 980, Lapsa wrote:
In post 927, Wake1 wrote: Not pointing fingers or anything. Just asking if you could clarify both parts of this so I don't misread it please.
drop it. i don't think that will lead anywhere
Honestly I'd like to understand what you were saying, and I figure giving you the opportunity to clarify first would go a long way in me not misunderstanding something again. Just leveling with you Lapsa.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:58 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 982, Wake1 wrote:Just leveling with you Lapsa.
failing at that
abcedminded
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:13 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 983, Lapsa wrote:
In post 982, Wake1 wrote:Just leveling with you Lapsa.
failing at that
Could you talk more, please? You don't seem very receptive, and if you disagree with me I'd rather you say so with more of an explanation, rather than short, dismissive sentences. I'd like you to engage with me on this civilly. Talk with me about not only this but the other post about Transcend and shannon. Open up and share with me what you really think. Where am I going wrong and why? I have zero problem with criticism so long as it's not personal. If you agree with me on something please share it and we can work on that.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:14 am

Post by Transcend »

dayvig: wake
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:15 am

Post by implosion »

Wake wrote:This is a serious move. One that needs to be explained. Please, if you would, share your thoughts on this.
Idk what you mean, it's pretty straightforward... pushing Titus after the mason claim is, on face, completely pointless. Not everyone follows the philosophy of "question literally everything"; I, for example, would claim that there are far too many things happening in a typical game of mafia to question them all without having a disheveled, impossible-to-follow game. Especially with something like a masonry claim, which is something that will conveniently sort itself out over nights when the masons die, and if they don't, then the question can be addressed later.

I am willing to see shannon as scum for the jump, potentially. I think that kind of taking things at face value that would lead to thinking that someone is scummy for continuing to push the masons is characteristic of how I would play as scum when I was fairly new to the site. But I don't think it's particularly strong.

Also, in most cases, it is in the town's interest to have investigative PRs hitting scum... guilties are much more useful than innocents. It depends on the investigative PR but etc.
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:15 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

In post 977, Wake1 wrote:

It can be argued both both ways in my opinion. If you are town you don't want investigative PR to "waste" a check by investigating you. Scum can also ask investigative PR to check them to try to appear like they have nothing to hide. Conclusion: this discussion is pointless.

In my opinion, investigative PR should check people who tend to stay long in the game, that means not getting shot by mafia often.

Who do you think should be checked besides you? Question like this make sense because you probably won't insist that cop checks your partner if you are scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:16 am

Post by implosion »

lol at Transcend's last three posts in sequence.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 984, Wake1 wrote: Could you talk more, please? You don't seem very receptive, and if you disagree with me I'd rather you say so with more of an explanation, rather than short, dismissive sentences. I'd like you to engage with me on this civilly. Talk with me about not only this but the other post about Transcend and shannon. Open up and share with me what you really think. Where am I going wrong and why? I have zero problem with criticism so long as it's not personal. If you agree with me on something please share it and we can work on that.
well, at the moment i think your sudden increase of interest in me has been triggered by:
In post 974, Lapsa wrote: i seriously feel like witnessing multi-ball fighting
abcedminded
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 989, Lapsa wrote:
In post 984, Wake1 wrote: Could you talk more, please? You don't seem very receptive, and if you disagree with me I'd rather you say so with more of an explanation, rather than short, dismissive sentences. I'd like you to engage with me on this civilly. Talk with me about not only this but the other post about Transcend and shannon. Open up and share with me what you really think. Where am I going wrong and why? I have zero problem with criticism so long as it's not personal. If you agree with me on something please share it and we can work on that.
well, at the moment i think your sudden increase of interest in me has been triggered by:
In post 974, Lapsa wrote: i seriously feel like witnessing multi-ball fighting
Not really. It's way too early to start talking about the Setup of this game, which is why I've avoided it thus far.

My increase in interest pertains to shannon and Transcend's scummy move.

Out of curiosity, what do you think of Boem at the moment?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:26 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 990, Wake1 wrote: Out of curiosity, what do you think of Boem at the moment?
wrote already
abcedminded
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 959, Boem_u_dusi wrote:I've never played this setup before so I'm confused.
How so? What do you already know about this setup that you know you've never played before? The only things you really should know are your role and the number of players, but this reads like you know more than that.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:29 am

Post by podoboq »

I don't know if I believe the mason claims. But I don't have to. I can't imagine lynching a claimed mason day one.
UNVOTE:
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:32 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

In post 992, podoboq wrote:
In post 959, Boem_u_dusi wrote:I've never played this setup before so I'm confused.
How so? What do you already know about this setup that you know you've never played before? The only things you really should know are your role and the number of players, but this reads like you know more than that.
I meant I've never played closed setup, without knowing roles.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:33 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 986, implosion wrote:
Wake wrote:This is a serious move. One that needs to be explained. Please, if you would, share your thoughts on this.
Idk what you mean, it's pretty straightforward... pushing Titus after the mason claim is, on face, completely pointless. Not everyone follows the philosophy of "question literally everything"; I, for example, would claim that there are far too many things happening in a typical game of mafia to question them all without having a disheveled, impossible-to-follow game. Especially with something like a masonry claim, which is something that will conveniently sort itself out over nights when the masons die, and if they don't, then the question can be addressed later.

I am willing to see shannon as scum for the jump, potentially. I think that kind of taking things at face value that would lead to thinking that someone is scummy for continuing to push the masons is characteristic of how I would play as scum when I was fairly new to the site. But I don't think it's particularly strong.

Also, in most cases, it is in the town's interest to have investigative PRs hitting scum... guilties are much more useful than innocents. It depends on the investigative PR but etc.
I guess we just disagree as a matter of philosophy then. I usually try to question and weigh everything until I fully understand it, even if it's really small and unnoticeable. You have a point about the Mason thing eventually revealing itself... but I do feel it's always going to be fair game to question. Sometimes it feels like players try to pull me back from latching onto something and prying it open for answers, when my job in this game is to literally figure out and solve this game.

Would you be willing to vote shannon with me? Doesn't mean you'd have to lock your vote down, but at least for awhile unless something better stick its head out?

The problem about the PR issue is that the rest of us don't know if shannon is Town. Point being this individual is not wanting to be investigated. Us not knowing who/what she is, to other Town players it looks suspicious. From her perspective, IF she were Town, she'd either A) want to be cleared or B) want it be used elsewhere. But as Scum she'd A) NOT want it on her, B) want it elsewhere, or C) want it on her if and only if she were a Godfather (slight possibility [only invoking Setup spec for the sake of this topic]).
— House*
— Nosferatu*
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:33 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 994, Boem_u_dusi wrote:
In post 992, podoboq wrote:
I meant I've never played closed setup, without knowing roles.
Ah, got it. That makes sense.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:37 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 995, Wake1 wrote:I usually try to question and weigh everything until I fully understand it, even if it's really small and unnoticeable.
This is how I play scum in IRL games, and it doesn't work very well. If people don't see you as a leader, they want to lynch you, because you appear to be trying too hard to own the conversation. Wake has more experience than I do on site, and I think he would play differently if he were scum, because this playstyle is clearly drawing him enemies, and most of the time for not a lot of gain. It seems like a genuine attempt to understand the game, and the players in it.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 990, Wake1 wrote:Not really. It's way too early to start talking about the Setup of this game, which is why I've avoided it thus far.
if you are scum - it's way easier to spot another ball.
therefore scum parties tend to duel late D1 to get upper hand

from town perspective - players seems more segregated than usual

it is peculiar that no wagon has received critical mass.
normally there would have been few L-1 already

and game seems to be fairly active and seriously played
abcedminded
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:39 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 906, AGar wrote:I have other thoughts, that require Internet and my laptop, not my phone and also sobriety. But! The one scum game I have with Titus (that I haven't "conveniently" forgotten, contrary to how she'd like you to see it), she claimed a fucking ridiculously modified vig role to save solely herself, at the expense of handing over control of our scumkill to the fucking TOWN some nights, even though it could have literally confirmed two mafia at any given point. Lynch the "mason". More tomorrow after Bright House hooks up my shit.
This guy is town. Pushing to lynch a claimed mason is a fool's errand, and I don't think Agar is a fool. Looking forward to him getting some time to devote to this game.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”