Newbie 1718 [Game Over!] Mafia

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kaori Miyazono
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Kaori Miyazono »

In post 438, Racer64 wrote:
In post 437, Kaori Miyazono wrote:Because I had both you and kraska left over. I was thinking there is definitely scum in RC/House ,and in you two, but Kraska makes more sense as a partner to RC and by comparison that puts you and house together.
So we're scumteam via convenience? That's rather misleading. By the format you used in your read, you made it seem as though those were your concrete possibilities.
Sure, if that's what you want to call it.

I felt like one of the two of House/RC was town and one was scum.

I have townreads on everyone else, but I can't figure out you two. Kraska makes more sense as an RC partner.
In post 439, House wrote:When you can, is appreciate it if you could explain why you did such a sudden turnaround from desperately trying to lynch me (your words) to accepting the possibility that I could be town.
"my words" were sarcasm listing things I was actually doing. I had RC as a pocket read that I wasn't remotely confident about, but at the time I frankly ignored it because I'm stubborn enough to not back down from a challenge in the heat of things, but upon reevaluation after sleeping (mind you: when I was posting yesterday I had like 6 hours of sleep after a close/open and I have been up for like 16 hours. It's no excuse, but it lets you get some better idea of why I probably wasn't thinking entirely lucid. I still posted and you still have to judge accordingly.)

I still am bothered by what I pointed out earlier, but I doubt you want me to go into why I am backing off of you for the time being.
In post 440, kraska77 wrote:Seriously? Is this your attempt at deflecting a lynch. I am pretty sure you're scum now. If by some weird chance you are saying the truth and you're town, then not only did you play pretty badly, but you're also making baseless recs for future lynches. You're scum though, period. And I'm not letting this lynch not happen. I think we only need two more votes. There is no need to rush though, I'm going to see who will buy your shit.
there is no reason for me to follow your read on dp, it amounts to nothing more than meta. Likewise i did not give much weight to the experienced player's comments on RC, i just put him out of the picture of day 1 because I know his voting patterns will speak more volumes than the explanations he won't make (and gets away with not making for some weird reason). Just because I've not paid much attention to him on this day doesn't mean I won't in day 2 (if i stay alive, that is).
The only issue is I'm not really trying to deflect a lynch. Nor are my recommendations for who should be lynched baseless. As a player, my strength more lies in finding town than finding scum anyways (Which actually can be verified, that's something I normally try to do!)

But, if my accusations are baseless, why did you feel the need to suddenly defend yourself against them?
In post 441, House wrote:@Kaori: The reason my vote is still on you is because I still think your pushes on me were based on deception and manipulation. I can't get past your attempts to portray yourself as a newbie to get away with making such elementary accusations.
Just because I never outright said "I am an alt of an experienced player" does not mean I portrayed myself as a newbie. You equated my newer account to that, it was on you. Yes, I understand there are multiple reasons to place votes. But calling votes "pressure votes" makes them lose their power. The reason they are pressuring someone is that they are bringing them closer to a lynch, which is what I was saying. Everything I shared related to theory are things I actually believe, which won't mean much to you now but once I flip green you will realize I'm telling the truth.
In post 441, House wrote:I gambit my ass off in games, but I just can't see how you could be so dead certain I was scum without even talking to me. I told RC he didn't know my IC game a long time ago... and you even quoted it, so I know you read it. That should have told you that my play might be different than what you were expecting to see from me as town.
My read on you had nothing to do with meta at all. In all honesty, your play is the one experienced person in this game I remember very little of (not to be rude or anything, I just frankly don't.) The things I pointed out about your over the top defensiveness were legitimate concerns on your gameplay in this game. It was not equated to meta nor did I ever try to make it (in fact, the only person who tried to equate it to meta was you, to which I linked that post that showed you I read it. Revisit everything I've said, I never once made it about meta. You said I should know this is how you are as town, to which I replied that.

So to answer your question, I didn't have "an expectation" of you as town. I saw you acting buddy buddy with those defending you and flipping out on those accusing you, and that bothered me. Along with the other things I brought up.

I would also like to point out how Kraska's grown much more urgent in the desire to lynch me since I set her in my sights.
Kaori Miyazono
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:08 am

Post by Kaori Miyazono »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=29570

This is the second game we hydra'd (the first was a bastard game that we got lynched D1 which I don't paticularly count.)

We essentially share a slot and role pm.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:20 am

Post by kraska77 »

Not defending myself so much as pointing out that you're sowing seeds of doubt and hesitation, that could potentially divert sights away from your lynch, and asking people not to hesitate to get you lynched eventually. There is no rush and we can get as much information as possible before lynching you, worry not :P (i already said that anyway. I'm particularly interested in what dp has to say about all of this)
I'm going to be busy for a long while next, i think i got out all I have to say on the developments so far.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:47 am

Post by House »

In post 447, kraska77 wrote:Wait wait wait @House lol what is this pile of mindfuckery. So you also think koari is scum but then go on to make statements like "im going to become interested in kraska if he flips town" that imply otherwise? This is kind of hypocritical given that we're on the same boat when it comes to how we're reading koari
It's not about the read. It's about things.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:43 am

Post by House »

UNVOTE:

Not feeling a Kaori lynch. He has acquitted himself nicely.

Going to look over the thread again.

Harlii
Harlii
Townie
Harlii
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Harlii »

Very busy today, haven't read everything in complete detail but just wanted to add a few things I saw in non-walls. Will try to reread in more detail if I have time tomorrow.

Getting less and less sold on Kraska at this point. My experiences in the dp wagon tell me that anyone who asks me to vote for someone is automatically suspicious. Regardless of if they backtrack after.

Also not sold on rushing to lynch and then claiming there's no rush. Maybe I'm missing things but that sounds hypocritical to me.

Not to say I'm sold on Kaori but I haven't read enough properly to make a read on that.

Also not planning to change my vote right now (I need to reread first, but as I said I'm busy today) but I feel likely to switch it post reread.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:14 am

Post by House »

In post 455, Harlii wrote:Not to say I'm sold on Kaori but I haven't read enough properly to make a read on that.
No.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:22 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm helping with a film festival today. I said that I was helping with aforementioned film festival this weekend.

If someone says anything again about how I am scummy for being low participation I am going to vote them and refuse to unvote for the remainder of the game.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:23 am

Post by House »

In post 450, Kaori Miyazono wrote:I would also like to point out how Kraska's grown much more urgent in the desire to lynch me since I set her in my sights.
TBF, she's been scumreading your slot since she replaced in, so her enthusiasm at seeing her pet scumread lynched is understandable.

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

VOTECOUNT 1.9
Player
Being voted by (in chronological order)
Number of Votes
1. Kaori Miyazono kraska77, gigabyteTroubadour
2. Harlii Racer64
3. gigabyteTroubadour
4. Racer64 Harlii
5. ai_shuuuu RadiantCowbells, DoctorPepper
6. kraska77
7. RadiantCowbells
8. DoctorPepper ai_shuuuu
9. House

Not voting: Kaori Miyazono, House

Deadline to lynch is in (expired on 2016-06-29 14:56:27)

With 9 eligible to vote, it's 5 votes to lynch

Please let me know if there are errors in the VC, or have any other questions in general. Don't forget to bold such requests to me.
ai_shuuu
ai_shuuu
Goon
ai_shuuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by ai_shuuu »

@RC
Tell me why House is Town, please?
Seriously, i need your input in this matter.

@House
He's pushing very newb assertions under the guise of a newbie in order to try to discredit me (while simultaneously accusing me of discrediting him, oh lulz).
Which part is? she is discrediting you or she is doing that under newbie guise? This isn't going to sell.

House, the fact is a lot of player has suspected you once (and i'm sure some are still suspecting you) but you (strong arming?) them.
You also responsible for 2 claims so far (1 bcs DP was refused to claim). I will reread the thread to see who else you have been pushed but losing momentum later tonight.
But seriously, your act seems like a ploy from mafia to fish claims.
VOTE: House
Show
Harry: "No, sometimes I sleep."
ai_shuuu
ai_shuuu
Goon
ai_shuuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by ai_shuuu »

Guys, 2 days left. Decide who to lynch.
Show
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 449, kraska77 wrote:Actually no wait. Don't vote until dp drops in. DP said they didn't like koari's entrance prior to the dupe reveal. I would like to know their thoughts on koari ' s slot now that they're outed as a person they're supposedly familiar with (tbh i still don't understand what hydra is). But do vote after that please
I didn't like Kaori's entrance under the impression that they were new and tried to appease too much to town. However, upon seeing that ns alt-slipped I have to analyze it further. Reading soon
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

I know I'm on page 15 and we have 19 but this post is pretty bad from Giga and its hidden in a wall of text for Harlii

'The reason that I was more in favor of lynching DP than Harlii (at first) was that DP's theoretical mislynch would be far more informative – it would practically clear Racer without the need of pressure. Now, though, I doubt that it's necessary to rely on a clear like that.'

How would it clear racer in anyway? If you mislynch me, you don't clear anyone. Feel like its bad reasoning as Giga slowly makes his way to my scum pole.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 429, Kaori Miyazono wrote:Here's the important things before I eat rope- I'm still town (and you'll see I flip green! :3)

I do not want to be lynched until I can confirm DP has seen something so it can be questioned at a later time. (DP, please let me know if you see what House is alluding to that all experienced players should see.)

If House is not scum, it is RC.

Town-
Giga
DP
Foe
Harlii

The scumteam is either

RC/Kraska

or

House/Racer

UNVOTE:

I realize what I missed. I'm going to be mislynched, but I'm not really going to fight it anymore. My main goal is to make sure DP sees what I see.

And to get accurate reads to point back to and hitoshrug about later.
Dude point it out if you want me to see something..
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

way back when you were at L-1 that's what my justification for risking a mislynch was because the only reason i suspected racer64 was scummy was because he blatantly tried to distance himself from you, who I suspected was scum. If you're town, then that reason means nothing. Now though I think there are more reasons to poke at Racer64 and I'm going to think about those tomorrow.

Even in that quote I say that it was only relevant at the time and was a completely theoretical scenario. Mislynching you isn't going to affect my read on Racer any more.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

This may have been 3 years ago, but this isn't Kaori scum play from what I remember. Sure, meta can change in 3 years and I haven't played in well over a year but there wasn't much traction from the mns wagon to warrant a Kaori lynch until he started talking.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p5147717

This is an old Kaori scum game ISO, one that he would likely want to live down. But scum Kaori is really passive and wouldn't really take on a fight, especially one that gets so much attention.

If we have to lynch soon, the ai_shuuu slot hasn't given much info despite the pressure, especially since I have engaged their predecessor a lot

EBWODP Giga, no lynch clears anyone. Period.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:54 pm

I guess, but that was my thought process at the time. I still think lynches should affect your reads, and Racer would have been moved to a more town or null read.

I'd have to agree though that safest lynches are probably ai_shuuu or Racer64.

And before i forget... UNVOTE: Kaori "Notty" Miyazono.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

I'm actually okay with Racer as well
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:08 pm

I think everyone should try to come up with two or three people to lynch tomorrow so that we can try to all be on the same page.

VOTE: Racer64

Not my end-all-be-all vote but there has been a lack of Racer pressure and I think this might be the right person to poke. Will see if I can build an actual case around him, I didn't like his role in the Harlii wagon but I do want to articulate my words into an actual case.
Kaori Miyazono
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Kaori Miyazono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Kaori Miyazono »

In post 466, DoctorPepper wrote:This may have been 3 years ago, but this isn't Kaori scum play from what I remember. Sure, meta can change in 3 years and I haven't played in well over a year but there wasn't much traction from the mns wagon to warrant a Kaori lynch until he started talking.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p5147717

This is an old Kaori scum game ISO, one that he would likely want to live down. But scum Kaori is really passive and wouldn't really take on a fight, especially one that gets so much attention.

If we have to lynch soon, the ai_shuuu slot hasn't given much info despite the pressure, especially since I have engaged their predecessor a lot

EBWODP Giga, no lynch clears anyone. Period.
You really linked my failhammer game? Lmao.

I have more links if people want them.

As scum, I either ply really passively or stupidly reckless (As in, lynch someone in 24 hours for saying the word "lamp" reckless.)
In post 469, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I think everyone should try to come up with two or three people to lynch tomorrow so that we can try to all be on the same page.
My pool of 4 sans House.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Okay. Tomorrow if I haven't made solid content you can be mad at me.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
ai_shuuu
ai_shuuu
Goon
ai_shuuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by ai_shuuu »

@DP
If you need elaboration or want to know where i take stance on certain matter, feel free to question me.
Bobby with a scowl: "Who the hell are you"
Harry: "I the hell am Harry."
Bobby: "You always a wiseass?"
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Alright ai
1. What do you think of my pressure on your slot
2. What do you think about the other interactions in the game
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:38 pm

If anyone wants me to respond to anything post it again.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”