karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:03 am

Post by karnos »

In post 702, JaeReed wrote:
In post 701, pistachi0n wrote:Current scumreads: LQ, House (whoever replaces him), Ranger, Jae (Ranger and Jae may or may not be on the same scumteam)
You only have 4 scumreads when there's 6 scum. Why?
This seems like a really odd thing to complain about.

It's day 1. Anyone would be lucky to have 2 accurate scum reads. You don't have to nail both full scum teams on day 1 to win, you just need to find at least 1 good scum to lynch.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:12 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 724, Charloux wrote: @Jae: I find your hop on the Dix's wagon REALLY convenient. Why didn't you vote before if you thought he was scummy? I know you are cautious by nature, but this still pinged me for some reason.
Explained this already. I was finding LQ scummier than he was, and then someone had vouched for him from knowing him from another site. I decided I trusted less in that person than I trust in obv!scum being obv!scum (such as Kappy where I fucking tried to derail that lynch like a moron). Do you disagree that I should still vote what I find to be obvious scumslips? Why?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:27 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 725, karnos wrote:
In post 701, pistachi0n wrote:Current scumreads: LQ, House (whoever replaces him), Ranger, Jae (Ranger and Jae may or may not be on the same scumteam)
This seems like a really odd thing to complain about.

It's day 1. Anyone would be lucky to have 2 accurate scum reads. You don't have to nail both full scum teams on day 1 to win, you just need to find at least 1 good scum to lynch.
This is correct. I don't expect accuracy, though. I expect someone to be searching for scum. If you're searching for scum as town you're searching for 6 scum. It's odd that she has only 4 possible scum. I acknowledge it's a weak tell, though. It's just that in the wiki when I was researching said the most you should have is double the amount of scum, and you shouldn't have less than the amount of scum. So even if they're weak townreads they're potential scum if they're on the lowest of your list, yeah?

Still just really need pista's own response to this. It would help in reading her since she's a low activity poster so I feel engaging her directly is the best way to read her.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:30 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 46, Bellaphant wrote:Sads lack of a vote for a scum claim is skeevy

Smithereens looks like they are reaching a bit?

Also, almost 50 is vibiing town.

In other news, ranger still can't read me. :(
Doing a reread. This rings scumhunting for me. You get the Jae seal of approval.

Also rings as town for the last bit about Ranger not being able to read you.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 726, JaeReed wrote:
In post 724, Charloux wrote: @Jae: I find your hop on the Dix's wagon REALLY convenient. Why didn't you vote before if you thought he was scummy? I know you are cautious by nature, but this still pinged me for some reason.
Explained this already. I was finding LQ scummier than he was, and then someone had vouched for him from knowing him from another site. I decided I trusted less in that person than I trust in obv!scum being obv!scum (such as Kappy where I fucking tried to derail that lynch like a moron). Do you disagree that I should still vote what I find to be obvious scumslips? Why?
You missed my point. I asked why you waited before voting for a guy you found scummy. I never rebutted the vote itself.
In post 728, JaeReed wrote: You get the Jae seal of approval.
Pedobear *cough*
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Kop »

I'm still happy to lynch within Jae or hiplop. I'd happily consolidate between either one.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:18 am

Post by Kop »

In post 632, JaeReed wrote:
In post 629, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 628, JaeReed wrote:
In post 625, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 623, Charloux wrote:
In post 603, LicketyQuickety wrote:Here's my
would
lynch pile:

KuroiXHF
Charloux
JaeReed
karnos
House
Creature
pistachi0n
This list... Has the players i generally like and would want to see in D2 at least. Well no comment on House and pista though.
But i think LQ is just 100% emotional and is just holding a grudge on your ex-wagon. Liking him as townish.
@Almost: Is your first priority in the game to have fun or to win?
Kuroi is someone I wouldn't miss being around - they are not a stellar player
Charloux hasn't really had any new contribution that can't be easily faked as Scum
Jae is one of my Scum reads and someone I wouldn't mind seeing gone because they don't support their reads with anything tangible
Karnos I have been Scum reading all game
House I am Scum reading for trying to flip the tables on people one too many times
Creature I am Scum reading because they haven't played like I know them to play as Town.
pistachi0n is just a gut read that I think I could play without them in the game.
Your reads are shit and your reasonings are shit. Ask me about any of my reads and I'll tell you my reasoning. You hating my playstyle is NAI.

Note that ranger is not on this list, who he has been touting as scum.

Plus this list is mostly ppl I'm townreading.
I asked you many times to substantiate your reads with something and you never delivered. Am I wrong on that?
As far as I know this was only regarding my scumread of you? That's one read. I can accommodate if that's what you want but there was no point earlier to me since I can't convince scum why they're scum. At least that's the theory I was running off, which is stated in the wiki.
I'm glancing through posts and notice that you keep mentioning wiki.

I hope your just using these as a guidance, and not a full on 100% truth?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Kop »

add dixc to that list. he can be scum too.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:28 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@kop, can you vore dix? Kk thnx
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:17 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 731, Kop wrote:
In post 632, JaeReed wrote: As far as I know this was only regarding my scumread of you? That's one read. I can accommodate if that's what you want but there was no point earlier to me since I can't convince scum why they're scum. At least that's the theory I was running off, which is stated in the wiki.

Well mastin's articles do say to not use them as 100%. I've been straying from them a lot since my first game and doing a lot worse the more I try to rely on my own experience. So I should really just stick with the damn wiki because apparently I managed to obv!town myself in my first game and I don't even know what I did aside from play 100% from the theory I'd read.

I do find opens to be harder. I don't know if it's just keeping track of everyone or the fact that I've only been in opens with Ranger and the excess pressure causes me to buckle. In either case, you should probably know better considering I was apparently read as the SK in our last game to your benefit :P

In any case, D1 Bella I've learned is pretty sheepworthy. :3 Sheep D1 Bella. I think Ranger has the wrong read on her. (I STILL LOVE YOU RANGER I'M SORRY <3 <3 <3 YOU'RE THE BEST)
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 703, Ranger wrote:
House wrote:Ranger, why are you such a threat to scum if you have no interest in a player's overall playstyle and habits?
Because first-hand experience usually makes for a very seriously powerful teacher, second-hand experience is...not entirely worthless, but means very little in the grander scheme of things.
JaeReed wrote:Errr my wiki has nothing? I'm new.
Jae proves themselves not to be the biggest possible Ranger fan ever with this, btw.
If Jae were, then--like me--Jae would update it usually on a daily (or at least weekly) basis!

<3
(Speaking of, I do need to update it, but I've been so busy that it's been on the backburner. Project for this weekend, after all my other duties are fulfilled, I suppose.)
I don't think ranger has the spare time to research other people's games.
Pretty much, yeah. I've sometimes had it, but don't right now. (And when I did, it didn't do me a lot of good anyway.)
Point A is correct going by theory.

As far as me being a fan.... Incorrect. I am not the biggest Ranger
imitator
because I do not update my wiki. The biggest
fan
, however, recognizes they could never even be a shadow of the true thing, and is generally content to bask in your glory while getting the occasional photograph/autograph to cherish for the rest of their life. <3 I have that with your blatant buddying this game. This will forever be my greatest achievement in Mafia.

I was buddied by Ranger. <3 <3 <3
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:32 am

Post by Kop »

In post 734, JaeReed wrote:
In post 731, Kop wrote:
In post 632, JaeReed wrote: As far as I know this was only regarding my scumread of you? That's one read. I can accommodate if that's what you want but there was no point earlier to me since I can't convince scum why they're scum. At least that's the theory I was running off, which is stated in the wiki.

Well mastin's articles do say to not use them as 100%. I've been straying from them a lot since my first game and doing a lot worse the more I try to rely on my own experience. So I should really just stick with the damn wiki because apparently I managed to obv!town myself in my first game and I don't even know what I did aside from play 100% from the theory I'd read.

I do find opens to be harder. I don't know if it's just keeping track of everyone or the fact that I've only been in opens with Ranger and the excess pressure causes me to buckle. In either case, you should probably know better considering I was apparently read as the SK in our last game to your benefit :P

In any case, D1 Bella I've learned is pretty sheepworthy. :3 Sheep D1 Bella. I think Ranger has the wrong read on her. (I STILL LOVE YOU RANGER I'M SORRY <3 <3 <3 YOU'RE THE BEST)
See this is what is making me think your scum. Your using WIKI experiences to make yourself obv!town, now understand it from my POV, you doing that is leading me to believe your scum, using wiki to make yourself look like obv!town. People will believe your town, and it's not just because you are believing your town, it's wiki making you look town.

I might actually reconsider my stance towards you, but for now, I am still going to maintain my paranoia on you, to a point, I'd actually consider you for a lynch. But that is dependant on what others do.

Because right now, we should be consolidating on a lynch/wagon, rather than spreading votes out like it's going out of fashion, and end up rushing in the last few days leading up to deadline to get a lynch over the line. And I did recall seeing someone mentioning a no lynch, to be honest, I can see a plus side, but it's heavily dependant on scum cross killing, which will make the no lynch a whole lot better, but if they don't and all hit town, we are left in a dire situation. So I'd rather not, I'd rather lynch highest scum read within town.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:51 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 736, Kop wrote:
In post 734, JaeReed wrote:
In post 731, Kop wrote:

See this is what is making me think your scum. Your using WIKI experiences to make yourself obv!town, now understand it from my POV, you doing that is leading me to believe your scum, using wiki to make yourself look like obv!town. People will believe your town, and it's not just because you are believing your town, it's wiki making you look town.

I might actually reconsider my stance towards you, but for now, I am still going to maintain my paranoia on you, to a point, I'd actually consider you for a lynch. But that is dependant on what others do.

Because right now, we should be consolidating on a lynch/wagon, rather than spreading votes out like it's going out of fashion, and end up rushing in the last few days leading up to deadline to get a lynch over the line. And I did recall seeing someone mentioning a no lynch, to be honest, I can see a plus side, but it's heavily dependant on scum cross killing, which will make the no lynch a whole lot better, but if they don't and all hit town, we are left in a dire situation. So I'd rather not, I'd rather lynch highest scum read within town.
I literally just said I haven't been using the wiki as much as I did in my first game. I said my first game I was obv!town and I haven't used the wiki as much as my own experiences since then. Since then I have never managed to obv!town. I don't understand what you're doing but it's obviously not reading. In which case, singer was wrong, people aren't more likely to read your content if you're less verbose and more to the point. Good to know. Skimmers gonna skim.

Already trying to consolidate on a lynch. That's why I'm voting Dix. Smither mentioned no lynch, which tbh is a terrible idea. It robs town of info. We desperately need that because we don't know who the 6 scum are. 3 people at least know each others alignments. Town don't have that luxury. We need more information and we need our own say in who to kill. I'm not content with leaving kill choices up to scum.

Literally the only reasons I can see for advocating for a no lynch is if you're newb town that don't know any better (which is what I think Smither is) or you're scum. You're not a newb. Also your read on me is wrong, and based off weak skimming. You don't appear to be trying to game solve at all.

When I die tonight, I want it to be known that I want this slot flipped (and I
will
die tonight because scum think I'm scum, lol)
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:19 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Because it's Day 1 and there's a lot of noise on Day 1 and the four people I listed are the people who jumped out at me. I don't have 11 townreads either.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:51 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 738, pistachi0n wrote:
Because it's Day 1 and there's a lot of noise on Day 1 and the four people I listed are the people who jumped out at me. I don't have 11 townreads either.
This is pretty much the answer I wanted to calm those alarm bells.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #1.11:

DixC:
Not_Mafia, House, Bellaphant, JaeReed (4)
LicketyQuickety:
Ranger, pistachi0n, karnos (3)
hiplop:
Almost50, KuroiXHF (2)
JaeReed:
Kop, hiplop (2)
karnos:
DixC (1)
Bellaphant:
Creature (1)
House:
Chip Butty (1)
Smithereens:
LicketyQuickety (1)

Not Voting:
Charloux, Smithereens

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

V/LA:
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-06-30 18:20:00)
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:59 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Three days left?

VOTE: DixC
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 717, Smithereens wrote:
In post 712, Almost50 wrote:@Smithereens:

Because in this game we are 9 vs 6 and the 6 are divided into two teams, so we're likely to lose 2 townies at night, and that is if the vig doesn't shoot. If the do though, it could be either 7-5 or 6-6 at the start of tomorrow (unless scum cross kill, which I'm not going to count on on N1). So anyway, just to keep it simple: NL = 7 T vs 6 S tomorrow.

Yes, yes it's theory, and yes we could mislynch anyway, but
I'm still leaning towards a lynch bc I can't come up with a GOOD reason not to
(unlike in some other games before where a NL would give the town advantage OR extra info).
What do you mean by the bolded?
Exactly what it says. A lynch is the "default" option in any mafia game. Only when "there IS a GOOD reason" not to will I support a NL. Otherwise, a lynch is -by default- the right option.

I
have
played games with specific setups/conditions before in which I advocated/supported a NL, but I had to show WHY that was a better choice. In this game I can't find a reason not to lynch. We don't gain anything by NOT lynching.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:41 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 724, Charloux wrote:
In post 693, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 692, karnos wrote:For one, there is this:
A green check doesn't mean shit in this game, and not just because of Alpha and GF roles. Cop investigates someone, gets a not-mafia result, who cares? The investigate could still be a wolf. Seer & Cop can't coordinate, so there is no such thing as a cop-vouched townie in this game. Only guaranteed scum and maybe-not-scum.
I don't have time for your piss poor argument right now. I migh address this later if you're lucky.
It was a good argument? I bet you wrote something like this because you know he is right, but you don't want to admit it. Too bad i can't see your face...
Its discussing Mafia Theory which is almost always NAI.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:44 am

In post 741, KuroiXHF wrote:Three days left?

Yeah, no shit.

We have to start thinking about BW's now, like seriously. Votes are spread all over the place. We need to start thinking about maybe three people to lynch.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:44 am

Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Smithereens »

VOTE: JaeReed
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK, since we're consolidating, could someone on the DixC wagon please summarize why he should be the lynch of the day?? Also those on LQ & Jae wagons could help me out with their respective cases. Thanks in advance.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:32 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Believe me, if I could choose the lynch of the day, it would be you.

DixC just isn't as bad as Jae or LQ.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:35 am

Post by Smithereens »

@Almost50 you're basically saying you don't wanna read the game.

Return to “Completed Open Games”