New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 2474, podoboq wrote:
T
I
T
U
S
I
S
O
B
V
S
C
U
M

I just really had to steal the page top for page 100 with that
damn it so hard
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2467, Wake1 wrote:
I want to know why there's been so much flip-flopping going on.
Scum want me lynched, but they want town to do it.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 2473, Titus wrote:It's rehashing again. Whack a mole.
well that's the price. what did you expect?

what's up with that rules violation?
i can't recall such thing.
did you mention that already? link it

now it sounds like you just picked up unbeatable argument

btw, in one of my first games - got modkilled for faking rule violation (unintentionally)
abcedminded
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by Lapsa »

In post 2476, Titus wrote:Scum want me lynched, but they want town to do it.
name them. who are scum and how exactly they are pushing for your lynch?
abcedminded
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by Lapsa »

abcedminded
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

@Mod
Request to be replaced
Always ask for consent before hopping on someone's wagon.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Alright so I'm not posting as I catch up as that's stupid and time consuming. I am caught up now however (except those pages I didn't read the last time I was behind, but fuck those).

Breaking it down on the masons.

Of the bunch of them Titus is the least likely to be scum. Based on the fact that it was in fact a terrible play to make as either town or scum. I'm not going to go in to why it was a shitty town play as I see that as pretty obvious, but basically as scum she wouldn't have done it purely due to the fact that it would have guaranteed her dying before lylo. She also acknowledged that she knew this aspect of site meta and did it anyways. There was no guarantee that she would have been in a position to back off the claim later (as she did) either, as if she was universally trusted on the claim she would have looked like dogshit after coming back on it. It was a risky move with the sole benefit being drawing attention away from Dunn, but if that was the case then Dunn would likely be scum as well which would link them really tightly together which would also make it a shitty play.

Dunnestal and Zach are in pretty much the exact same boat in regards to how I view the claims. I neither see any reason to scum or townread either of them due to it since there was no way that the claim initiator (Titus and Varsoon) could have known their alignment without being their scumpartners. That being said, if Titus or Varsoon flips scum their mason buddy should be lynched immediately. I view Zach slightly worse then Dunn in this as all their Mason claim accomplished was to make the situation more fucking terrible then it already was.

Varsoon is kinda meh. He doesn't get the towncred like Titus due to how easy it was to retract the claim after how ridiculous the discussion on Titus's became. That being said, I still don't see it as a scumclaim due to the fact that if Titus had been lynched on his counterclaim he would have been dead six ways from Sunday.

On not the masons.

I'm not really feeling Ved, his posts strike me as more newtown then anything else. I could go this way if we have no better options, but eh.

AGar is weird, but I was never able to read him in the past either. I think I recall him not posting a ton, but he's more hostile then I remember. That was a long time ago though. For that matter Podo is way more agressive then the last game I played with him, he was town in that game but I've never seen him as scum so idk.

I still get bad vibes from Shannon, but I'm feeling increasingly lonely on her wagon. Similar feeling from Sick, but I'm not really comfortable with lynching a lurker unless it's down to the wire and we can't agree on anyone else.

Still want to noose Transcendence a bit, but I think I'm the only one.

I feel like I should have a read of some kind on implosion, but I don't.

Pretty much everyone else is null to me.

Oh and Wake is doing that thing he does as town, so I'm thinking he's probably town.

Anyway
Unvote

What do you guys think of Transcendence?
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by shannon »

Alrighty then. Most of what I want to say has already been said by Podoboq. The whole mason bit stinks.

Titus now claims some mysterious, unexplainable town read on Dunn, that she couldn't otherwise elaborate on. And so - without knowing Dunn's actual role here - she claims masons. (If she does know Dunn's actual role here, she's scum). This whole fiasco was to save someone who could have been a vanilla townie, who scum will most likely NK now anyway because of all the attention that's been drawn. This is crap town play and I'm staying on Titus unless Dunn is an option.

I am just ISOing Dunn and he has mentioned something that's happening in an ongoing game: see the top of where he's asked to link to what he said and responds and "I can't yet". So
mod
can we please get this guy removed for a rule violation?
Since we can't manage to bloody well vote him for a scummy play, I figure this might be a way to get rid of him

Continue to VOTE: Titus

More vote counts would totally be helpful, with the sheer volume of posts happening in this game.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by shannon »

Holy shit I managed to post without getting a warning that 10 other posts had been made in the time since I started typing!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2482, shannon wrote:So mod can we please get this guy removed for a rule violation?
Really?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2482, shannon wrote:So
mod
can we please get this guy removed for a rule violation?
Since we can't manage to bloody well vote him for a scummy play, I figure this might be a way to get rid of him

I didn't break any rules. If anything warrants getting replaced over it's this
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Vedith »

Who the fuck looks to try and get someone mod killed?
It's actually insulting for the mod implying that they aren't paying attention or doing it wrong.

UNVOTE: Titus
VOTE: Shannon
I claim scum \o/
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:50 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 2480, Sickofit1138 wrote:
@Mod
Request to be replaced
don't really blame you on that one lol
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Transcend »

shannon still reads obvtown to me
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Transcend »

probably just a ban evading catfish on this website lol
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

In post 2487, Transcend wrote:
In post 2480, Sickofit1138 wrote:
@Mod
Request to be replaced
don't really blame you on that one lol
That was his towniest post.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2489, Transcend wrote:probably just a ban evading catfish on this website lol
:?:
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Post by Transcend »

prob not lynching gar d1. i honestly don't think a sickofit lynch regardless of alignment will give much information.

uh.

what if we voted implosion again lol.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Maybe you should case him

or something
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:05 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

top of the morning to ye have a VC

vc 1.19
Titus (3):
shannon, Lapsa, Varsoon
Vedith (5):
Transcend, implosion, Zachstralkita, AGar, Performer
Wake88 (1):
Sickofit1138
Almost50 (1):
PeregrineV
Sickofit1138 (1):
Boem_u_dusi
AGar (5):
Airick10, Titus, Dunnstral, Almost50, podoboq
shannon (1):
Vedith

Not Voting:
Wake88, Mirhawk

With
votes,
to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-07-05 23:38:55)

Wake88 is
V/LA
until
7/4

Sickofit1138
is
sickofit
being replaced.
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:43 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

regarding the hot topic
Even though the rule states the mentioning of the ongoing game of any sort causes force-replacement, because I am a nice mod I usually let the accidental one and cornered ones go as long as it is not game-affecting because no one is perfect. However, please do refrain from mentioning ongoing games regardless of how minor it is or how you think it won't really matter. Accident is called accident for a reason. Consider this as a warning for those who are involved.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:29 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2481, Mirhawk wrote:Podo is way more agressive then the last game I played with him, he was town in that game but I've never seen him as scum so idk.
This is mostly true (I mellowed out a lot as the game went on), but I'd like to remind you how I reacted to dramonic in that game.

Context: (dramonic was mostly lurking for the first couple of days, but when he came in, he called me and two other players obvscum, never made a case, then just left. He never justified his reads on players. He ended up being town with the best reads at the end of the game, but people refused to work with him because he never worked with them.)
In post 1178, podoboq wrote:On Dramonic: Cakez says this is just how Dram plays. If that's just true, and Dram is town, fuck him anyway VOTE: Dramonic. He's contributing nothing. Call it policy, because it is. Dramonic doesn't deserve to survive into day two if he insists on being useless. If he's scum, we get no opportunities to read him. If he's town, he's the most expendable member of town.

I entirely expect him to come in with a oneliner about how I'm scum, and so are the other people voting for him.

Dram, if you're actually town, and you're seriously so dense that you assume we're all scum for disliking this play, then ISO people and start giving some logic that town can use.
I took the time to quote this because it shares a lot of things with how I'm thinking about Titus this game. However, while dram was a liability because he refused to explain his reads and seemed to refuse to reevaluate them, I consider Titus a liability because she's shown that she will play in a way that's destructive to town's group trust. Her play style is a detriment to town, because it sets a precedent that hurts our ability to cooperate with one another by its nature. Lying to town on as grand a scale as she did is like opening Pandora's Box, and she's called the other players stupid multiple times. She's dealt more damage to this game than she can ever repair, and I expect her to cause more. I also think she's scum, which explains why she's doing it in the first place.

That said, I'm still voting AGar right now, because I don't think people intend to cooperate with me on a Titus lynch, and AGar's vote on Vedith is scummy enough (in context) that he's worthy of a day one lynch as well.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Wake1 »

I don't understand the wagon on AGar.

I don't understand the wagon on Vedith.

I've felt this kind of feeling when it came to crazy, poorly explained wagons the last time I played a large Multiball game.

I'm really feeling that we are in Multiball. If it were one Town vs one Mafia all this would be different. 100 pages of constant struggling to change votes and minds tells me we have two competing Mafia factions. Don't like it? Sue me. That's what I'm feeling right now.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:30 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

In post 2497, Wake1 wrote:I don't understand the wagon on AGar.

I don't understand the wagon on Vedith.

I've felt this kind of feeling when it came to crazy, poorly explained wagons the last time I played a large Multiball game.

I'm really feeling that we are in Multiball. If it were one Town vs one Mafia all this would be different. 100 pages of constant struggling to change votes and minds tells me we have two competing Mafia factions. Don't like it? Sue me. That's what I'm feeling right now.
Why? Nosferatu didn't have a single meaningful post and Vedith's almost every post was crap.

And AGar's reappearance was a little weird. However that wagon is more eyebrow-raising.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:06 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2497, Wake1 wrote:I don't understand the wagon on AGar.
In post 1049, AGar wrote:
In post 915, Titus wrote:
In post 906, AGar wrote:I have other thoughts, that require Internet and my laptop, not my phone and also sobriety. But! The one scum game I have with Titus (that I haven't "conveniently" forgotten, contrary to how she'd like you to see it), she claimed a fucking ridiculously modified vig role to save solely herself, at the expense of handing over control of our scumkill to the fucking TOWN some nights, even though it could have literally confirmed two mafia at any given point. Lynch the "mason". More tomorrow after Bright House hooks up my shit.
Really, that game you're describing. You know what I did, I totally played little miss angel peacemaker while Wake and Sakura had pissy fights onto whether or not to leash or lynch the SK, riling them up while looking like an angel to avoid the conflict. That's what you conveniently left out of your posting.

Second, if you were actually paying attention that game, claiming a dayvig in no way gives town control over a nightkill.

Third, you'd have to be exceptionally dumb to seriously think I'd fakeclaim mason day 1 as scum.
First: You came into a slot with heat, with two partners who were content to bus and ride off that, and made an unnecessary claim that handicapped us. The elements of the town surrounding do nothing to change the fact that you acted strictly out of self-preservation instead of the benefit of the team.

Second: Really? Because we had to kill two people that the town decided for us, instead of actual strong players. You forget that fact so easily. You DIDN'T claim a dayvig, you claimed a night-vig with heavy restrictions. I will go remind you of what YOU fucking did since you want to forget that fact.

Third, no, I think YOU'RE exceptionally incompetent as scum.
In post 918, Dunnstral wrote:I wouldn't fake claim, no worries

Zach don't respond to this
Hahahahahahahahaha HOLY FUCK.
In post 968, shannon wrote:VOTE: Wake for pushing Titus after the role claim.

Titus you're both experienced and have claimed a PR, from here whenever you vote I'm hitching myself to your wagon, unless I get better info myself.
This can't be this easy can it?
In post 1042, Performer wrote:
In post 661, implosion wrote:Lamist is "Look at me I'm so town."
See what I mean, imp. You don't know NAI yet you know LAMIST. There's something fishy about you . I'm not exactly sure what it is but I'm going to place you in my FoS pile.
Holy fuckballs STOP for FUCKS SAKE. NOT KNOWING ABBREVIATIONS DOESN'T MEAN A FUCKING THING FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST.

Summary: Performer should die. Between the "I don't want to interact with certain, unnamed people!" and legitimately voting a player for not knowing what NAI meant (I had no idea either), I'm fine with his death. Titus has done nothing to garner anything other than a "kill it with fire" read. Dunn's posting has been fairly mediocre, just makes me want to beat my head against a wall. Only loosely linked. Implosion is town. Wrong, but town. Shannon is scum. Wake is fine, but so help me god if we have a repeat of Gundam I will smite you so fucking hard. Boem is a scummy mcscummerson and deserves rope. Transcend is the weakest of scumreads. Guys I'm on fire right now.

Peregrine, plz don't do this to me bro. Come baaaaaaack. PSA: He does this in like every game regardless of alignment. A D1 wagon on a lurker is useless as shit, as well, so let's not be silly.

A Titus wagon would be smashing. Let's get that rolling again. Let's not forget that the claim was unprompted. Let's not forget that she isn't actually scumhunting and is instead just harping about "But look at how
towny
I am." or "YOU KNOW MY META" (I do, but meta is shit and so are you as scum!). Half-assed deflections of the accusations like "AGar recycled his points!" (Protip: I didn't, but if I did, fucking show me where and I'll show you the gallows). Literally just total 100% bullshit and awful posting.

If not that, let's lynch the fuck out of Shannon. Because that is also super-duper scum.
In post 1922, Vedith wrote:
In post 1920, Lapsa wrote:I mean me and Titus did, zach and varsoon was literally the most obvious fake mason ever
Well Titus is absolutely stupid there for claiming regardless of the reason.
Not sure how I feel on this, would Titus be so bold as scum here? However, I'm seeing it more as role hunting rather than saving.
Why would Titus put the chance in someone without knowing their role. And the only way she can know Dunn's role is either as Mason or scum (which she has confirm that she isn't Mason).

UNVOTE: Whoever I'm voting
VOTE: Titus
In post 2362, AGar wrote:Fuck it. I haven't been impressed by Vedith and you fucks are going to let Titus off the hook.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Vedith
Seems to me that AGar should be supporting one of the two players other than him who also think that Titus is full of shit, but instead, he says "I haven't been impressed" and just votes there. It's scummy.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”