Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Like, my reads have been below trash tier recently and I accept that people aren't going to be lining up to sublimate their reads to lynch who I want.

But I have a really strong scumread on Smithereens, I didn't trust Transcend, and I'm generally townreading everyone outside of that besides LQ.

And maybe I'm wrong on 1/2/3 of them but if your attitude is that you don't care what I'm saying and you're sticking with your reads then I can't vote LQ on principle.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:13 pm

Post by Titus »

Wake me up when your read is formed I need bed.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:30 pm

Post by Smithereens »

RC I feel like what you said to Ranger in that last sentence has application to yourself as well:
"if your attitude is that you don't care what I'm saying and you're sticking with your reads then I can't vote LQ on principle."

You're also sticking with your reads despite several invitations to discuss them openly.. :\ I'm curious as to why you'd keep a high confidence read secret/obscure. I can't think of a motive for either alignment.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by Ranger »

My attitude is that I'll listen to any read NOT Smithereens.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Ümläüt »

In post 1365, Smithereens wrote:Umlaut since you vanished, I'm going to float another theory.
Yeah, I sleep sometimes.
In post 1365, Smithereens wrote:Let's say that it's suddenly occurred to you that you could actually avoid needing to NK me to get rid of me, hence why you've paved the way for a future scum read on me. I checked your ISO and no you weren't telling the truth about this mysterious town read you claim you had on me. That suddenly appeared just now when you publically announced your desire to question your 'town' read on me.
Look at my read list D1, you were in third place for towniness after Dunn and Texcat.

I didn't actually write out a "WHOA THIS GUY IS SUPER TOWN" case anywhere, sorry.

I don't get what you think I'm doing here. I'm faking a past town read on you just so I can fake reversing it?
In post 1365, Smithereens wrote:By saying that my reads etc are not credible ergo you need to retract a town read that you never previously said you had, you're clearly setting the stage for yourself to be able to scum read my later. Yeah you were probably excited by the prospect that you might not need to waste a NK.
Cool story, bro.

(Seriously, why do you need to posit such an elaborate motivation? The more details you add the more likely you're wrong. It's strictly more likely that someone is faking a case on you
for some reason
than that someone is faking a case on you
because they need to get rid of you but want to save an NK.
)
In post 1365, Smithereens wrote:Why does this theory hold water? If I were wrong, then we would expect your behaviour to publically take issue with every player whose reads were less substantiated than my own, which is a majority of the player pool. However I've noticed you've singled me out with your inconsistent standard, therefore it's completely possible that you're trying to remove my apparent 'immunity' from the lynch.
I can't imagine that you really think this is the case, that if I respond to cases I think are faulty then I have to respond to every unsubstantiated "so-and-so is town/scum" remark that everyone makes. You are basically saying that if I want to participate in the game at all then I have to make posts like this:
In an alternate universe, Ümläüt wrote:
Smithers is town
Nuh-uh.
every time someone gives a read. Do you think that would be a productive use of my time?
In post 1365, Smithereens wrote:Also while I'm thinking about it, if you're not liking my ideas, my most recent one was vs Bins and so naturally you must believe that my logic is fallacious. Why don't you go and explain what you found to be wrong in my thought processes hmm?
Sure, why not?

As far as I can see you've made three major pushes on Bins for three things
  1. Contradicting herself re. "new thing I'm doing" vs. "how I always play"
  2. "Slipping" that she'd consider the possibility she's scum, by using the conditional statement that Titus' case would make sense
    if
    farmer/ira were scum.
  3. Not scumreading you after your original push
The first of these made sense to me. I joined you in it even. In the end her defense looked to me like something a person could actually believe, but it was a point worth bringing up.

The second felt like you were willfully misreading what Bins was saying. Here's the relevant post:
In post 857, Bins wrote:Titus' theory only stands is plain farmer / ira are scum, and to be honest I don't think either of them are.
(Titus' theory was that Bins was 180ing her read on Transcend to avoid having to vote one of the other major wagons, which only makes sense if Bins/Famer/Ira is the scumteam.) The funny thing is that Ira really wasn't scum, so this entire line of reasoning has fallen apart, but you're still talking as if you were onto something here.

The third is just ridiculous, do you actually think it's a good townish attitude to think anyone who accuses you is scum?

At this point I don't know whether you're scum or just shit at reading. Honestly my main difficulty in seeing you as scum is that if you were just pretending to scumread Bins you wouldn't care so much whether anyone believed you or not. But your case is just really lame and I don't understand how you can advance it seriously.
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Ümläüt »

Farmer, since you decided to call me out on not asking what you found scummy about me D1, are you going to actually tell me now that I have?
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Ümläüt »

In post 1361, Ranger wrote:For instance, 1242 is reading me as being town for...being inconsistent? That's what I got from it, and it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever; that same series of postings could be used to make a scum case on me.
First of all I don't see where I said you were inconsistent. The closest I came was with this:
In post 1242, Ümläüt wrote:(I am a bit confused about why she's still scumreading me since this is basically the only reason she's given out loud, but I'm pretty sure she had me as an unexplained scumread before that so it's not inconsistent, just weird.)
Saying "That's not actually inconsistent" is not a very common method of calling someone inconsistent.

Secondly, did I say anything about you in that post that isn't accurate? Because if you know you're town, and you are actually behaving the way I say you are, then that behavior is
ipso facto
townish from your perspective, so it's kind of dumb to suspect me for calling it townish when it actually is.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 813, Titus wrote:Yeeeeehaw! Let's lock and load. Point me towards the scum, ready to vote.
In post 833, Titus wrote:VOTE: Iraonvp

Notes: Bins is scum, looking to jump on a wagon and reverse a prior held townread under short constraints.

So, either iraonvp is scum or farmer is. Famer looks town.

Iron is scum.
Titus, can you tell us how much of the thread you had read when you voted Ira? You'd only subbed in a couple of hours earlier. From my admittedly conf-biased pov, this looks like scum just jumping on whatever wagon is going and not likely to get a fellow scum lynched. Also that's a lot of connections you made (or tried to make) before any flips and from just a few posts.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 1379, Ümläüt wrote:
In post 1365, Smithereens wrote:By saying that my reads etc are not credible ergo you need to retract a town read that you never previously said you had, you're clearly setting the stage for yourself to be able to scum read my later. Yeah you were probably excited by the prospect that you might not need to waste a NK.
Cool story, bro.

(Seriously, why do you need to posit such an elaborate motivation? The more details you add the more likely you're wrong. It's strictly more likely that someone is faking a case on you
for some reason
than that someone is faking a case on you
because they need to get rid of you but want to save an NK.
)
Was that a VT soft from him, btw? I can't see why he's a waste of an NK otherwise.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Smithereens »

I think he means he feels the case is designed to get him lynched.

It's actually there to generate material from literally nothing at all, so now I'm just looking through it for anything noteworthy.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Titus »

RC, ranger has shown up.

LQ, where did you go?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:48 pm

I'm going to go ahead and call Ranger town by PoE.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by Titus »

PoE? Now I am going to need reads.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:50 pm

This is about page 35.

Town: {Bins}
Towny: {Davesaz}
LeanTown: {Ranger}
Null: {APF, Umlaut}
Scummy: {Loopdan}
Mid++Scum: {Transcend}
Scummy: {Smithereens, LQ}

If I get a townflip in you/Smithereens/LQ it will change my read on the group but *shrug*

I need an explanation for your fascination with my ranger read.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Titus »

I want to wait on LQ needing ME to push Ranger as scum first. Then, you will see if it's relevant. If the slot goes to replace, I will want it's head.

VOTE: LQ

If you think on it, you may realize the answer.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:53 pm

I am confused. Can you rephrase?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Titus »

I will answer after LQ explains himself.

You might realize why the Ranger obsession if you think awhile.

I just want everyone pegged on that read.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Titus »

Is that side eye or understanding?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

I want to say it's a 75% side eye type of deal given that Ranger and LQ are basically flipped for me so you will not be able to quell my wrath if LQ flips town
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1394, Zachstralkita wrote:I want to say it's a 75% side eye type of deal given that Ranger and LQ are basically flipped for me so you will not be able to quell my wrath if LQ flips town
Ok. Yeah, you're not going to like my announcement but I swear I am being as protown as possible.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Titus am I doing anything wrong by you here? would you prefer if I were doing something else rn?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1396, RadiantCowbells wrote:Titus am I doing anything wrong by you here? would you prefer if I were doing something else rn?
Go ahead. Scum hunt. Don't wait on me.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:29 pm

I am doing my best to scum hunt. I feel like you are unhappy with me regardless of whatever alignment either of us are and if you're resentful of something that I'm doing in this game I'd like to know.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1398, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am doing my best to scum hunt. I feel like you are unhappy with me regardless of whatever alignment either of us are and if you're resentful of something that I'm doing in this game I'd like to know.
I cannot answer this. Don't worry about me right now. I am near certain LQ has figured out what I am likely to say anyway...
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”