Game of Thrones

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4150 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:39 am

Post by toolenduso »

Just image Daario's heartfelt confession of love to Dany if he looked like this:

Spoiler:
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #4151 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:45 am

Post by AniX »

In post 4149, Venmar wrote:..what?
What part confuses you?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4152 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:11 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 4143, Equinox wrote:I don't have anything productive to add to this discussion except that the music for this last episode was one of the most beautiful and haunting things I've ever heard, and the music for this series is already generally on-point.
The only negative thing I have to say about the music was that I was cognizant of it - but only because they never use music like this.

But also partly because it was beautiful.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4153 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 4151, AniX wrote:
What part confuses you?
If you're referring to Cersei, she's powerless to do anything to the North or Vale, and if you're talking about Dany, she wouldn't kill them.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #4154 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:37 am

Post by AniX »

In post 4153, Venmar wrote:
In post 4151, AniX wrote:
What part confuses you?
If you're referring to Cersei, she's powerless to do anything to the North or Vale, and if you're talking about Dany, she wouldn't kill them.
Cersei the Golden has the forces of Westerlands and at least one unstoppable zombie. I'm sure The Mountain wasn't some sort of unique specimen. If Qyburn can revive him he can revive others and march a zombie army. To say nothing of the other tricks they have up their sleeve.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4155 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4156 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 4154, AniX wrote:Cersei the Golden has the forces of Westerlands and at least one unstoppable zombie. I'm sure The Mountain wasn't some sort of unique specimen. If Qyburn can revive him he can revive others and march a zombie army. To say nothing of the other tricks they have up their sleeve.
Well Jon and Sansa have the North and the Vale to defend them, and have historically impregnable chokepoints, the Neck and the Bloody Gate.

More importantly, Cersei is about to get destroyed by the combined might of the Tyrells and the Martells. Daenary's is also about to arrive in Westeros. I estimate that her "reign" will be short but eventful. An army of Mountain zombies also sounds dumb, no offence, since it took
weeks
or something to transform Gregor. Making an army at that rate is literally fantasy. Not to mention we don't know the specifics behind the experiment, and it's possible Gregor becoming a super zombie was only possible because a man of his size and strength was able to endure the procedure.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4157 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I'd love her to last forever, but I'm skeptical.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4158 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Post by Claus »

I'm just sad because Rickon Stark in the books was going to be raised in cannibal island and return as the new Shagga, while in the TV series he was just a wimp that could not step a little to the left :-(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #4159 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 4156, Venmar wrote:
In post 4154, AniX wrote:Cersei the Golden has the forces of Westerlands and at least one unstoppable zombie. I'm sure The Mountain wasn't some sort of unique specimen. If Qyburn can revive him he can revive others and march a zombie army. To say nothing of the other tricks they have up their sleeve.
Well Jon and Sansa have the North and the Vale to defend them, and have historically impregnable chokepoints, the Neck and the Bloody Gate.

More importantly, Cersei is about to get destroyed by the combined might of the Tyrells and the Martells. Daenary's is also about to arrive in Westeros. I estimate that her "reign" will be short but eventful. An army of Mountain zombies also sounds dumb, no offence, since it took
weeks
or something to transform Gregor. Making an army at that rate is literally fantasy. Not to mention we don't know the specifics behind the experiment, and it's possible Gregor becoming a super zombie was only possible because a man of his size and strength was able to endure the procedure.
It was my assumption that it took that long because Qyburn was largely still experimenting. Now that he knows what worked and how it worked he should be able to speed up the procedure. Even if it takes weeks she has the luxury of time. Dany is going to take forever to reach Westeros and The North is going to have her hands full fighting Snow-zombies from further North especially when they find a way to go full Reagan and tear down the wall. The North will be fighting a war on two sides (both of which are employing zombies) long before Cersei does.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4160 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:13 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 4154, AniX wrote: Cersei the Golden has the forces of Westerlands and at least one unstoppable zombie. I'm sure The Mountain wasn't some sort of unique specimen. If Qyburn can revive him he can revive others and march a zombie army. To say nothing of the other tricks they have up their sleeve.
Venmar mostly nailed this but Zombie Mountain was a fairly long process and he wasn't actually dead. He was dying. On top of that, she has no army and no friends. She literally toasted her army along with basically everyone in kings landing that matters. She has no allies. Vale?. NOPE. Dorne? NOPE. North? NOPE. Frey? NOPE. Tully? NOPE. Tyrell? NOPE. And uh, dragons are coming. Oh not to mention the Lannisters are Low Key broke. And the final nail in the coffin. Jamie Lannister. NOPE. She just did exactly what Jamie threw his honor away to prevent 15 years ago. Him and the Lannisters actually CAN'T back Cersei up because she just went full mad king.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4161 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 4159, AniX wrote:

weeks
It was my assumption that it took that long because Qyburn was largely still experimenting. Now that he knows what worked and how it worked he should be able to speed up the procedure. Even if it takes weeks she has the luxury of time. Dany is going to take forever to reach Westeros and The North is going to have her hands full fighting Snow-zombies from further North especially when they find a way to go full Reagan and tear down the wall. The North will be fighting a war on two sides (both of which are employing zombies) long before Cersei does.
I don't think you realise that even if you were right, the North is literally the last thing she should care about. She actually, physically, can't give a shit if she has Tyrell and Martell armies marching on her from the south and the west while Daenary's lands on the eastern coast. She actually has no choice but to just let the North be.

AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #4162 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:15 am

Post by AniX »

In post 4161, Venmar wrote:

weeks
I don't think you realise that even if you were right, the North is literally the last thing she should care about. She actually, physically, can't give a shit if she has Tyrell and Martell armies marching on her from the south and the west while Daenary's lands on the eastern coast. She actually has no choice but to just let the North be.
That is correct if Cersei was thinking logically or tactically. I don't know if that is the case. Cersei has lost everyone she ever loved (and is about to lose Jaime). Cersei cared about winning the Game and she has. I don't think she is overly concerned with keeping it so much as using to stick it to all her enemies. That includes the Dorne bastards (and old Lady Tyrell if she finds out her involvement in poisoning Tommen) but it also definitely includes Sansa Stark. Dany is really the least of her concerns.

Don't count out the Iron Islands either. Dany is sailing with the rebels and Uncle Euron is probably going to have some objections to that. I'm sure Good Queen C would be more than happy to give all of the Riverlands back to the Iron Islands as it was in the days of Black Harren if he'll lend his men to the cause.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4163 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 4162, AniX wrote:That is correct if Cersei was thinking logically or tactically. I don't know if that is the case. Cersei has lost everyone she ever loved (and is about to lose Jaime). Cersei cared about winning the Game and she has.
I don't think she is overly concerned with keeping it so much as using to stick it to all her enemies.
Which is why she will fail

AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #4164 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by AniX »

Can you fail at something you aren't trying to do?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4165 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by Venmar »

No 'cause she won't try it.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4166 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 4162, AniX wrote:
In post 4161, Venmar wrote:

weeks
That is correct if Cersei was thinking logically or tactically. I don't know if that is the case. Cersei has lost everyone she ever loved (and is about to lose Jaime). Cersei cared about winning the Game and she has. I don't think she is overly concerned with keeping it so much as using to stick it to all her enemies. That includes the Dorne bastards (and old Lady Tyrell if she finds out her involvement in poisoning Tommen) but it also definitely includes Sansa Stark. Dany is really the least of her concerns.

Don't count out the Iron Islands either. Dany is sailing with the rebels and Uncle Euron is probably going to have some objections to that. I'm sure Good Queen C would be more than happy to give all of the Riverlands back to the Iron Islands as it was in the days of Black Harren if he'll lend his men to the cause.

nah jaime will kill cersi the end game is the exact replica of ned/robert rebellion against the capital (daenerys and jon in this case) and jaime is the king slayer so ... he ill kill the mad queen too :good:
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #4167 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:45 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I told my coworkers I think Dany and John will get married for the politics and they all made NO THAT'S GROSS arguments with me :(
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4168 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:14 am

Post by PJ. »

Well tbf, marrying you cousin in thronesland really isn't that big of a deal
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4169 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 4168, PJ. wrote:Well tbf, marrying you cousin in thronesland really isn't that big of a deal
Aunt/Nephew, technically
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #4170 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 4167, Shadoweh wrote:I told my coworkers I think Dany and John will get married for the politics and they all made NO THAT'S GROSS arguments with me :(
Yeah, that's how I see it ending.

I mean, the whole series is called "A song of ice and fire". Obviously John Snow is ice, and Daenerys is fire.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #4171 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

and it refers to dragons and white walkers as well.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #4172 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 4171, Frozen Angel wrote:and it refers to dragons and white walkers as well.
Sure. And the giant wall of Ice in the north that is probably about to be broken soon, and the dragon fire that is used as a weapon in the most key moments, and the coming of winter in general, and so on. It's got lots of echos throughout the series.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #4173 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I mean a symbol of two rising factions and powers flowing toward capital.

It was shaping throw all the seri and its finally happening.

I believe jon and denaris against cersi will be more like Robert and ned against madking and the show is trying to be symmetric both time wise - and powerwise (between ice and fire)

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4174 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

I don't think Jon has any motive to go south now.

Return to “General Discussion”