Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:54 am

Post by Grendel »

I want to say thanks to the people who are taking the time to work with me here. I need some further elaboration though.

@ House is your 122 post a joke post?

Spoiler: Robbnva
In post 147, Robbnva wrote:
In post 100, Grendel wrote:1) Do you prefer to play as Town, Mafia, or Independent?
2) What is your favorite role?
3) What are your strengths as a player?
4) What are your weaknesses as a player?
Ugh I'm bored so here goes.

1. Town
2. VT
3. As scum it's my ability the manipulate people. As town it's my ability to become town read easily

1. Why is town more fun then mafia for you?
2. Why do you like being VT?
3. What exactly makes you easy to town read when you're town?
4. Is it the abrasive attitude you previously mentioned that makes team work hard for you? or something else?

Spoiler: Egg
In post 196, Egg wrote:
Grendel wrote: 5) Do your strengths and weaknesses change with your alignment? 
6) Do you believe in having a D1 trust/buddy? If “yes” who here would be your D1 trust/buddy?

5) Ummm. No, I don't think so.
6) No. There are players who are hard to read and are good players (House, Hoopla, and BBMolla fit into that category in this game) and I don't think I'd pursue their lynch Day 1 unless I'm really confident in that read. I mean, I might, but I'm less likely to.

Grendel, BBMolla is right. RVS votes usually aren't truly random. I personally don't RVS very often though so what do I know?

5) Elaborate?
6) Hmm, Say that Hypothec ally House, Hoopla, and BBmolla are conftown, who would you work most closely with to win the game?

Spoiler: Mask
In post 138, Masquerade wrote:
In post 100, Grendel wrote: 3) What are your strengths as a player?
5) Do your strengths and weaknesses change with your alignment?
6) Do you believe in having a D1 trust/buddy? If “yes” who here would be your D1 trust/buddy?
3. I don't really know
5. Sort of
6. No, that's not my style

3) Then what are some positive things that others have said about your previous plays?
5) Elaborate?
6) What does trusting others have to do with play style?
(You're fine with me abbreviating your name to Mask right?)
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Robbnva »

1. Less pressure, plus I try to never lie even as scum so playing as scum without lying is hard
2. Again less pressure. I don't have to try and act a certain way to avoid being NKd and I don't like the pressure of having to chose who to save/investigate/whatever
3. People say it's my stubbornness and I believe what I'm saying, which I do because I try not to lie ever
4. Not sure what you mean by "team work hard for you" do you mean the rest of the team has to work harder because of me?
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:13 am

Post by House »

In post 201, Grendel wrote:@ House is your 122 post a joke post?
Nope. My preference for scum is well documented.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
cmitc1
cmitc1
Townie
cmitc1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:43 am

Post by cmitc1 »

I should add on that ToS=town of salem

I do not really understand how my question was weird, I was pushing for better conversation.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:43 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 190, Grendel wrote:I like the Twilight Zone. You?
holy shit dude good choice. Twilight Zone is some of the best TV I've ever watched, I think it's on netflix now. Favorite episode?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:47 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 192, Grendel wrote:@House I just finished reading the links and I realized that it was a joke. I'm a derp.

Is Molla always so mean? He comes off as really rude in a lot of his posts this game, and in the ones he linked.
I'm an ass yes.

Typically I'm a lot more pleasing as scum.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 205, BBmolla wrote:
In post 190, Grendel wrote:I like the Twilight Zone. You?
holy shit dude good choice. Twilight Zone is some of the best TV I've ever watched, I think it's on netflix now. Favorite episode?
Haven't watched since I was a kid. Should watch again
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:25 am

Post by Egg »

Masquarade, you said that what followed Grendel's RQS was boring. What do you think of those who refused to answer? I also noticed you didn't list any strengths. Do you really not know of any? Because you said you prefer playing scum and "sort of" change strengths and weknesses with alignment and it kind of feels like you had scum strengths in mind that you didn't want to share. How do you know your strengths and weaknesses change without knowing what your strengths are?
Rob wrote:Except this year. Even if you hate Hillary you have to vote her or we get stuck with chump.
I want to make America great again though. What made you go from the "RQS is stupid and distracting" mentality to answering the questions? For someone preaching about distractions, you seem pretty ok with them now. And that includes some of the fluff posting before answering the RQS. Asking your own questions seems weird too after calling it a stupid distraction when someone else did it.

BBMolla's 170 hit very close to home for me fyi.

Chaos, any thoughts that aren't about Masquarade?

House, when you said "write them off", yeah I thought you meant writing cmit off as town. I actually had to go back and read more than once to see that that's not what you meant. But yeah I'm back and forth on cmit unfortunately. He's doing things that I'd consider scummy if an experienced player did them, but new players are different to read and he hasn't committed any of my classic newbscum tells. As for why I had page 1 stuff and page 2 stuff in the same post, *shrug*. It's gonna happen any time I'm not fully caught up. Things change as I read and the more ground I cover in one post, the more likely it is that I change my mind in one sitting. It's not "conflicting thoughts". It's an old thought being replaced by a new thought.

Grendel, can you elaborate on your previous "good result" with RQS?
Grendel wrote: 5) Elaborate?
6) Hmm, Say that Hypothec ally House, Hoopla, and BBmolla are conftown, who would you work most closely with to win the game?
5. Meh. I don't personally think my alignment affects my play. I know that sounds cocky, but my game changes much more from other influences such as availible free time, playerlist, and mood than alignment. Maybe it's because I've played like 300 games so I'm over any nervousness about harder roles to play and I know what people look for when making their reads. I try to be open and genuine as both town and scum which is something that gets me townread whether I'm actually town or not. You'll remember I listed that as a strength. As for my weaknesses, I'm going to be too busy when RL happens. RL doesn't happen based on my role in a mafia game. I don't go to work more as scum. I don't take time off as town. These things seem obvious, but that's really a key factor in how people read me whether they know it or not. It's the same with my emotions. It's about whether people are making sense or not rather than my alignment.
6. Hmm. Good question. My first instinct is to say House just because I've had more experience with him than BBMolla or Hoopla and I feel like I interact better with him. But, as he will tell you himself, he's a much stronger scum player than town. I'd probably trust a confirmed town Hoopla's reads the most. So I'll say Hoopla.

Ohhhhhh. Cmit is a town of salem guy. Never saw that abbreviated that way before. Ok, yeah, that explains basically every issue I had with him. Still would like to know why he was comfortable voting after not seeming that way with Hoopla though.

Now that I'm caught up,
Vote Masquarade

Believe it or not, Grendel's RQS may have actually led to something. As I outlined above, Masquarade's answers didn't sit right with me.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 208, Egg wrote:I want to make America great again though. What made you go from the "RQS is stupid and distracting" mentality to answering the questions? For someone preaching about distractions, you seem pretty ok with them now. And that includes some of the fluff posting before answering the RQS. Asking your own questions seems weird too after calling it a stupid distraction when someone else did it.
Why would you ask a question I've already given an answer to?

I said why I answered the questions. The same reason is why I asked him some of my own.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Egg »

Must have missed it. Can you quote it for me?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:34 am

Post by House »

In post 208, Egg wrote:6. Hmm. Good question. My first instinct is to say House just because I've had more experience with him than BBMolla or Hoopla and I feel like I interact better with him. But, as he will tell you himself, he's a much stronger scum player than town. I'd probably trust a confirmed town Hoopla's reads the most. So I'll say Hoopla.
While I agree with you on principle, you should check my play in this game.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:34 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 147, Robbnva wrote:Ugh I'm bored so here goes.
Kind of hard to miss imo.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Egg »

In post 211, House wrote:
In post 208, Egg wrote:6. Hmm. Good question. My first instinct is to say House just because I've had more experience with him than BBMolla or Hoopla and I feel like I interact better with him. But, as he will tell you himself, he's a much stronger scum player than town. I'd probably trust a confirmed town Hoopla's reads the most. So I'll say Hoopla.
While I agree with you on principle, you should check my play in this game.
Summary is more valuable than a link. I don't read games I'm not in.
In post 212, Robbnva wrote:
In post 147, Robbnva wrote:Ugh I'm bored so here goes.
Kind of hard to miss imo.
Hmm. Didn't miss it, just hoped there was more to it I guess. So distractions from the game are ok if you're bored?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Egg »

Are you assuming Grendel wasn't bored when he made his post?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 213, Egg wrote:there was more to it I guess. So distractions from the game are ok if you're bored?
When the activity is not where I would like it to be and I'm tired of refreshing my phone hoping more people would post. Sure why not.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 214, Egg wrote:Are you assuming Grendel wasn't bored when he made his post?
No
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 208, Egg wrote:Masquarade, you said that what followed Grendel's RQS was boring. What do you think of those who refused to answer? I also noticed you didn't list any strengths. Do you really not know of any? Because you said you prefer playing scum and "sort of" change strengths and weknesses with alignment and it kind of feels like you had scum strengths in mind that you didn't want to share. How do you know your strengths and weaknesses change without knowing what your strengths are?
And this imo proves my point about these questions. I don't thing you can determine alignment by anybody's response and that's what you are trying to do.

You're either trying way to hard to make something out of nothing or you are using his responses against him which is very scummy to me
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Egg »

So the fact that I feel he's hiding his scum meta doesn't mean anything unless I'm scum who is bullshitting?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Egg »

Like did you read that paragraph or you just didn't like it because RQS led to it?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 218, Egg wrote:So the fact that I feel he's hiding his scum meta doesn't mean anything unless I'm scum who is bullshitting?
Well I'd like to think you are intelligent enough to realize that scum would be drawing attention to themselves if they intentionally did that so I actually don't think him not answering is AI at all. Obviously I can't speak for him as to why he didn't answer it but I have my own ideas that are outside of the "he's scum trying to hide his strengths/weaknesses "
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 219, Egg wrote:Like did you read that paragraph or you just didn't like it because RQS led to it?
I read your post and I read his responses.

I don't think people's responses to these questions are AI nor do I think people refusing to answer is AI

I do think using people's opinions against them could be AI though.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Egg »

Masquarade answered. His answers surrounding scum play felt guarded though.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by Robbnva »

Like that game you mentioned earlier. The assertion that people refusing to answer was an incorrect assertion. That game also showed it was a pointless activity because beck proved rqs didn't help the person find scum in previous games.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 222, Egg wrote:Masquarade answered. His answers surrounding scum play felt guarded though.
Ok? There's motive for town to keep their scum meta secret.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”