Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1294, MathBlade wrote:When why not ever talk to Dierfire? Focus I understand. But never asking a single question except one you don't follow on and not taking a stand needs more explanation.
Did I? Completely forgot about that.
I have concentration issues.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:08 am

Post by Saru »

Here are my reads. I will put each in a spoiler, because some are bigger than others.
Spoiler: Dierfire
My read of Dierfire will be a 2-in-1. It will be my read in general, showing posts that feel scummy, and also refuting his point about certain posts he peddles as pro-active in .

Dierfire immediately jumps into the game with a reads list( and ), but this never returns(until specifically asked for one). This raises my suspicion, because I think it suggests emulation of a thought process not organic to Dierfire. It makes it seems like his method of organizing his thoughts is not consistent and perhaps that this list was fabricated. Ahem, sound familiar? ;)

Anyways, one of the big things for me, is the Karnos vote, unvote, vote, then unvote. This is terrible on so many levels. I have a good feeling Karnos might be scum with Dierfire(see my Karnos read) and I think this lines up with that. Keeping in mind that scum have day-talk, I think his whole unvote and re-vote business shouldn't be surprising. It seemed very unlike him compared to the rest of the game so far. His "partial" explanation of it all in is also equally terrible. Why are we even allowing "partial" explanations of such scummy stuff? Partial suggests that he's hiding something else in regards to the explanation(I would love to know what that is), or that he knows his own explanation isn't good enough to pass as town, but he has no choice but to give one. So "partial" excuses its terrible reasoning. Plus, the explanation even points out that he wanted to lock Karnos into a claim. I think he got an easy 2-in-1 by not only locking Karnos into a claim(as planned), but also by potentially getting town-cred for being the one to do it.

As for the actual voting itself, the first one comes in at , where he gives a weak meta-read of Karnos as justification for voting him and it puts Karnos at L-2. This is probably bussing to make him look good/distancing. However, I don't think he was expecting Mathblade to swoop in and put Karnos at L-1 in . So when he comes back the next day, he chooses to unvote. Knowing that scum have day-talk, this makes sense. The unvote gives time for him and the other partner to explain to Karnos what to claim/how to go about it, since it seems Karnos really isn't all that experienced. Dierfire, on the other hand, seems to have quite the experience under his belt. Anyways, when he finishes telling Karnos what to do, he votes for him in to obviously get that planned claim out. Once the claim is out, the subsequent unvote in , as planned. I would also like to note that Dierfire's explanation for his vote on Karnos in is very unlike him, from what I've seen so far. That statement "I'm still not entirely sure what's going on here, but I think that I know enough" feels like something forced/planned. I don't think town!Dierfire would say something like this. For most of the thread he seemed natural in his explanations for votes or un-votes. But when it came time for the Karnos vote/unvote, he seemed to get very uneasy and out of his element. I doubt town!Dierfire contemplated so hard about Karnos that he forgot how hes been playing for the majority of the game. It was all too sudden.

As a side note, him asking Mathblade in "What was weird about it?"(referring to the Karnos vote/unvote thing) is scummy as shit. How would town!Dierfire not see how people wouldn't find that weird? Really? The reasonable and townie thing to have done in response to Mathblade would have been to (fully) explain why he did what he did. Not ask what was specifically weird about it. By asking specifically, he allows himself room to talk about only certain aspects, rather than have to give a full explanation, as that might sound strange.

- Look at Persivul read. Low key buddying with "and how many Mafia players look up the ages of other players?" Not hard to click name and see age on profile.
- Asks question, never got answer. Can't judge for pro-activeness since it's more than just asking a question, as explained below.
- Asks question, never got answer. Same thing.
- Asks a question to Wingback about Wingback's Mizzytastic town read and Wingback gives an answer in , but Dierfire never replies back to it. Never factored it into his read of Wingback either. Not pro-active because if you're just going to ask a question and never reply to it, where is the "discerning alignment" happening? To just give out random questions and then never follow up is pretty damn suspect. It feels that you are giving questions just to show you're being pro-active and active in general, and that the questions don't really mean anything.
- He says that he is pro-active for looking back into an old game of Karnos where Karnos was town to see if Karnos' wording in matches up to a post in that game. The first issue is that I see Karnos as scum with Dierfire, and so in this scenario, it just seems like Dierfire trying to find anything on Karnos to vote him to bus/distance. Doesn't want to stick out like a sore thumb with a useless vote on Kappy. Second issue is that Dierfire contradicts himself here. He says that the post he pulled up from the town!Karnos game has "similar wording" but then says that it is "slightly different" in that very same post. What?
- This vote is addressed above and why I think it's not pro-active is also found above. To summarize: He says he wanted to lock Karnos into a claim. But, of course he'd want to lock Karnos into a claim. It's a claim that he probably gave to Karnos himself(more on this above). He was was hoping and probably knew from experience that such a claim would get votes off Karnos. Karnos was gonna be L-1'd eventually, and to be the one to do it and claim credit for it comes off as LAMIST and something he could put in his back pocket to use as evidence of his fake pro-activeness.
and - Asks the question to Johnny about who he scum reads, and Johnny answered in . Doesn't reply to answer. Never makes it into his read of Johnny, or factors the reply into it. Explained above why not pro-active.
- His read of Johnny is a whole lot of nothing. Tip toes around Johnny harder than Jerry does around Tom. Seems like since he was pushing the Kappy vote(easy mislynch), he didn't see the need to vote Johnny as it seemed Johnny would be hammered sooner than later at that point. By keeping his vote on Kappy, who was inactive at the time, it would be an easy excuse not to vote Johnny. He didn't want to be on the Johnny wagon for obvious reasons. He even alludes to not opposing the Johnny lynch, but never seals the deal with a vote.
- Promising to read me is important here. Since he knows Johnny is going to be hammered soon, he needs to set up his D2 actions accordingly. I was universally town read going into D2, and he probably felt he needed to change this. Presents a case on me, suspects me pretty hard, but doesn't vote. Why you might ask? Simple. He saw the Mathblade wagon piling on and knew that would be the easier mislynch. Also because his case failed pretty badly. I'm not sure anyone looked at it and thought "oh Saru scum" as he was hoping. Qubixes might have(although he never commented on it), but that's besides the point. Qubixes was already reading me as scum, and he would have conf-biased hard because of that anyways.
- This is maybe the closest thing I can think of to being as "pro-active" as he claims. But, even then, it is weak. He asks a question to Mathblade and Mathblade answers(). He then indirectly replies to Mathblade's answer via his reply to Mecha() by dismissing it as "abstract meta-defense." Basically, he never refutes Mathblade's point in . He simply chooses to dismiss it outright without any real reasoning.
- This is terrible. Surprised this went unnoticed. He tries to fix up a DEAD Wingback's point about him in Wingback's case against him. Like seriously? What's the point in trying to fix a SINGLE point made in a dead person's case against you? That just comes off as paranoid. Why not just address it directly to other players, instead of taking the roundabout way? Actually, better yet, why not just address the whole case instead of just a single point? He already took the effort to address one point, why not the others? I think he's happy no one has really brought it up against him. Firebringer alludes to it in , and Dierfire asks Firebringer in if he even read the case by Wingback. Firebringer never responds, but to even ask that question instead of asking WHAT Firebringer felt were good points made by Wingback, seems like he is avoiding addressing the case in general. By not asking what the good points are, Dierfire can avoid having to counter them and just draw attention to them in general. Similar to asking Mathblade what was "specifically" weird about his Karnos vote and unvote fiasco(explained above).
- Looks like some scum thought process slipping out by mistake. "Although I can't recall any posts that sound like they were written in collaboration." It's hard to tell whether he was talking about his own posts here, or other peoples' posts. However, that doesn't really matter, because it's the thought that counts. For him to even say that "can't recall any post that sound like they were written in collaboration" suggests that he is genuinely curious as to whether his or his scum partners' posts were sounding too buddy-buddy. He didn't even have to be legitimately worried about ACTUAL collaboration. It is more likely he was worried that he might have been sounding too buddy-ish to one of his partners somewhere along the thread and hoped Math or someone else could point it out so that he could fix it, because it seems obvious that he wasn't willing to refute it.

All that being said, I'm pretty damn positive
Dierfire is scum.

Spoiler: Firebringer
Firebringer(replaces Chumba and The Bulge) - My read on this slot is mainly based on Firebringer's actions seeing as Chumba replaced out early on in the game and The Bulge was never really active. Early on, I did read Chumba as town because her questions seemed to be genuine scum-hunting, albeit with a little too much aggression(although she addresses this as play-style in ), as her small spat with me starting at indicates. However, I thought this because I felt her counters to Mecha were pretty good and that Mecha's questions towards her seemed like busy-work, but looking back at Mecha's questions towards her early on, I can see where the claim of a reaction test makes sense(see my Mecha read for more). As for The Bulge, he didn't have much in the way of posts. He looks at Persivul vs. Me as TvT, then the rest of his posts don't really make much sense to me. So not really going to factor him into the read. As for Firebringer himself, the only noteworthy things are that he didn't choose to read up on the thread(I want to say NAI because of Johnny, but we'll see) and that he chose to vote Dierfire because that was Wingback's biggest scum read going into D2, where Wing flipped town. I feel that these two things match up in terms of thought process pretty nicely. For him to say he probably won't read the thread, but to quickly look at who the town flip chose as his scum target and then vote that person, seems to line up in terms of consistency. I can see how that might be a starting point. Admittedly, this isn't a good reason to view Firebringer as town or even null-town because that could have easily been a scum coming in, not willing to read the thread, seeing who the most likely target might be, and voting them. Seeing as scum have day-talk, I don't see how they couldn't just provide their own summary of events that occurred, which would save Firebringer the read and allow him a hop onto what seems like it could have been an easy lynch. Overall though, I'm not really leaning towards either one at the moment. I want to see more out of Firebringer, specifically, actual reasons to vote Dierfire and the reads list that he promised in .
Null read.

Spoiler: MathBlade
MathBlade(replaces Snork) - Snork didn't really post anything of interest before replacing out. Not going to factor in anything about him into this slot read. As for MathBlade, I feel that her crazy hard push onto Karnos for the majority of the game is genuine town frustration. Not simulated. I just don't think scum would be this fucking irate over one person for this long. If this was simulated scum frustration, she would have most likely voted off Karnos in D2, which she did, but she would have also just dropped the Karnos thing altogether along with the unvote. This doesn't seem to be the case in , , and . It seems like the wagon on her is mainly formulated because people just don't like her pushing on Karnos like mad even after the claim. So if that is the case, and Math is scum, she would have wanted to leave the Karnos thing to get the wagon off of her. But the fact that just keeps alluding to it makes me feel she genuinely wants to grill him and really doesn't care at this point if she gets lynched because of it. I have to admit though, this kind of tunneling, regardless of its motivation, is very anti-town, as it distracts from other scum targets and just scum hunting in general. While she is now looking at other targets based on her Karnos read, the fact that she didn't drop the Karnos thing much earlier annoys me, even if I think Karnos is scum. But at the end of the day, annoying is NAI, and I like that she is now picking up on other players besides Karnos.
Medium town read.

Spoiler: MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion(replaces Species) - Species didn't really post anything of interest before he replaced out. Not going to factor anything about him into this slot read. As for Magna, I feel that he is most likely town. He came in, offered to read the whole thread, gave a PROGRESSIVE reads list as he went along, and didn't sway on his push against his scum reads after they were presented. All that to me shows an effort to try to pro-actively solve the game. Also, whenever he asks questions, he follows up to the answer, and pokes and prods hard. Similar to Mecha. The one thing I want to address is this whole fight with Math, which seems to have started when Math said "fuck your rules" in . That seemed to have set off an explosion between the two that has yet to heal. Most of their back and forth after that reads like TvT to me. It's just a bunch of theory being thrown around about the Karnos claim and if he should be lynched as an un-cc'd claim or not and so on and so forth. Then after that, they start picking at each other for misreps and just other petty things. It really bores me to no end. I almost want these two to get over it and hug/kiss it out and then focus on real scum. Overall, the fight looks insignificant to me, and Magna's play has been very solid so far.
Strong town read.

Math and Magna, this is for you guys:

Spoiler: Qubixes
Qubixes - Most of what I think about him is in , , and a nice summary is in .
Weak town read.

Spoiler: MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba - Looking back at my read of him as nullscum at the start(), I had an odd feeling that the number of questions he was asking Chumba seemed like busy body questions, similar to what Dierfire has been doing. However, seeing what he says in in regards to Chumba, I can see how those questions were part of a reaction test to discern alignment, and not just fake questions to look busy. He's been a strong town read for me() ever since I saw him trying to clear up the confusion between Persivul and myself in . Looking back at his early posting, I get the feeling of strong scum-hunting via questions that not only covered lots of players, but he seems to be pro-active with them because he seems to respond to the answers given and pokes and prods heavily based on the answers. Overall, his play-style seems to have been consistent in terms of scum-hunting and he has generally covered a wide net of players with pro-active questions that I think most scum wouldn't be willing to do.
Strong town read.

Spoiler: Titus
Titus(replaces Kappy) - Kappy was my scum read for most of D1 after my spat with Persivul was over. Mainly because his promised read on the whole Sick vs. Persivul fight was crappy and I explain why in . On top of that, he chose to actively avoid Dierfire's and my questions to him, saying that his focus wasn't on mafia at the time in . That seemed like an excuse to me at the time, but seeing as how he went V/LA and then just never came back, I guess he really wasn't lying. Anyways, how I felt about him before he replaced out doesn't really affect my Titus read here. As for Titus, she seemed to have stopped reading around page 11 due to walls. Seems to love brevity in her posts. I can't tell if the brevity comes from replacing into a game with 40+ pages and not wanting to read through it all, or if that is just how she plays from the very start of a game, regardless of alignment. Might have to check some old games on this one. She seems to read Mecha as scum because Mecha seems to not outright deny Titus' logic() when it comes to scum reading him along with Math(). But, also to note, Mecha doesn't say either way whether he thinks Persivul could be scum with him and Math or not. I just find it strange that scum would do something like that. If Titus' scum-team is accurate, then Mecha choosing to say he understands why Titus thinks that way, is rather odd. I just don't buy that it could come from scum. Why put himself closer to his scum-buddies rather than distance himself from them? I'm just not sure I understand/follow the logic there. A more scummier thing for Mecha to have done their would have been to outright deny Titus and ask WHY Titus thought that Math and Persivul were scum-buddies with him. That way, he could potentially figure out how to stop looking like he was buddying with them. Overall, I can't really tell at the moment if this Titus logic is misguided townie or scummy. I guess time will tell.
Null read.

Spoiler: Persivul
Persivul - This is someone who I've been null on for the majority of the game, pretty much since the point where my argument with him ends in . However, ever since then, he has done little in the way of actual content, just putting out little quips here and there. Votes the Karnos wagon because he felt that Johnny's case on Karnos was good(), and just never really provides his own reasoning. Jumps onto Johnny after the Karnos claim because apparently he felt Johnny made that Karnos case to look townie and then just be able to safely coast after the claim. This, admittedly, isn't terrible reasoning for voting Johnny. I can see where Johnny might look suspicious in that regard. However, I did note one big thing about Persivul in regards to the Karnos claim. In , Persivul suggests that Karnos should out "not VT" results. This sounds like scum right here trying to use their buddy Karnos to confirm their reads on certain townies as PRs and then they could safely NK them. If Karnos chooses to out a player with a "not VT" result(keeping in mind that the result is faked to fish for PRs) because scum suspects them to be a PR and instead they were a VT, then scum could just throw Karnos under the bus and get him lynched for "slipping up." They will have used his power as best they could to determine who was a PR and wasn't, and could move on to pushing a lynch or NK'ing these people who they found to be PRs through PoE. This whole scenario though is probably not what is going to happen, or what is happening, seeing as Karnos claimed to be role-blocked. Instead, I can't see why scum aren't just telling Karnos to keep claiming to be role-blocked and that town will just believe him every time. It seems to have worked in D2. If town got too suspicious of this, and wanted Karnos dead as a result, it seems like scum wouldn't mind bussing and getting rid of him, as he would have served his purpose well for them. Anyways, I think that Persivul would make for a good second partner for Karnos after Dierfire. His replacement is going to have to work hard or do something really radical to make me change my view on this.
Medium-strong scum read.

Spoiler: Masquerade
Masquerade(replaces Mizzytastic) - Mizzytastic was a solid town read for me for her pro-active questions in the start and just general will to get out of RVS asap. She was the first one to point out Karnos' terrible and seeing as she was a newer player, this kind of determination to scum-hunt seems unlikely if she was scum. I didn't let this read of Mizzy influence my read of Masq when he first replaces her. Admittedly, I didn't even pay much attention to him early on, mainly because his ISO is all over the place and hard to follow. Even now, during my ISO read of him, I have a hard time understanding where he stands on people as it moves along. Lots of votes/reads changing pretty quickly. My head legit hurts. Seeing as I can't really make a determination based on most of it, I guess I'll read him based on the one big thing that stands out, which is his choice to hammer Johnny in without a Johnny claim. I didn't really have a problem with this as I explained in and the second paragraph of . I can understand why he did it. I am very slightly town reading him for it because if he was scum, he would have been shooting himself in the foot with that hammer. Not enough people were up for a straight up hammer without a claim at that point. If they were, I can see scum Masq being the one to do it. But they weren't. What he did was way too risky either way. I would like to see a tiered reads list from Masq at this point in the game. I can't tell where he definitively stands at the moment.
Very weak town read.

Spoiler: Karnos
Karnos - I've felt null on Karnos for a while now. But looking at my Dierfire read, I think Karnos being scum with him isn't a far off thing. I'm not as gung-ho about lynching Karnos as much as MathBlade is at the moment, but I do think that if he throws out another "No Result" like he did today, he should be lynched. No results don't help us if he's town and if he's scum(look at my Persivul read for more), he's just getting away with it as MathBlade said he would on D1. Now, looking back at some of his posts, is clearly awful. The excuse he gives in is paltry and contradictory. He says in that he didn't think "Kappy [was] in danger of being quick-lynched" which is fine. But then in , he goes on about how he wouldn't be worried if the quick-lynch led to a Kappy scum flip but not a town one. That is some scummy thinking right there, no two ways about it. If he didn't think a quick-lynch was going to happen, why in the world would he be worried about Kappy flipping town? It shouldn't matter to him since the quick-lynch wasn't going to happen, as he says. Looking back at it, I feel like my and weren't far off, and it feels like Karnos played like an over-defensive and paranoid n00b scum early on in regards to his responses to Mecha. Also, one of the huge things that help me to connect Karnos and Dierfire together is Karnos' . He says that he is "curious to see how Dierfire responds", talking about the vote/unvote thing that Wingback pointed out looked scummy from Dierfire. However, when Dierfire DOES talk about it in , Karnos never bats an eye at it. Like seriously? A person just did some huge scummy shit with you by voting you, unvoting, voting, then unvoting in a matter of 2 days and you don't point that out? Karnos had been pointing out petty shit from other players like crazy, but something as scummy as that from Dierfire towards Karnos, and Karnos doesn't give a damn? Why? I'll tell you why, because he's scum with Dierfire and that was all planned(look at my Dierfire read for more). Karnos doesn't want to draw attention to it, for obvious reasons. One last big thing is , where the excuse Karnos gives about choosing Persivul over Masquerade doesn't hold up. He says "Someone like Masquerade fit into the first qualifier, but I had my fear that he might be killed or jailed at night." How in the world would someone think this? Masquerade claimed VT in . Why would anyone kill or jail a VT claim? That makes no sense. At first I thought Persivul was a good target too when Karnos said it, but realized I was conf-biasing because I was already thinking Persivul would be a good target right before N1 started. While I feel Karnos is practically scum, I don't think he should be our lynch for today. One because he is tied to a claim, and if he fucks up(which he probably will without Dierfire's advice), that is pretty much the end for him. So I don't mind waiting. Second because I feel that Dierfire is probably the "leader" of the scum team, if you will. Probably gives out the ideas and whatnot. Cut off the head of the beast, and it's dead. Karnos can wait in that regard.
Strong scum read.

VOTE: Dierfire
He is at L-1.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:33 am

Post by Masquerade »

I think the scum are Dierfire, Karnos and Magna currently.
I don't do tiered readslists like ever.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Saru »

In post 1302, Masquerade wrote:I think the scum are Dierfire, Karnos and Magna currently.
I agree with 2 of those 3. Why are you reading Magna as scum again? I would look back at your ISO for reasons, but I honestly can't follow most of it. So if you could lay them out for me all at once, that'd be great.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1303, Saru wrote:
In post 1302, Masquerade wrote:I think the scum are Dierfire, Karnos and Magna currently.
I agree with 2 of those 3. Why are you reading Magna as scum again? I would look back at your ISO for reasons, but I honestly can't follow most of it. So if you could lay them out for me all at once, that'd be great.
I feel manipulated by him.
He hasn't posted any kind of read on Dierfire, but I did see a little bit of defending him in the form of attacking his accuser (Math)
He had a whole read progression on Karnos which was entirely dropped when Karnos claimed (Magna replaced in after the claim happened) and refuses to consider lynching him because we shouldn't lynch a uncc'ed pr. IIoA.
He pushed Johnny's lynch p hard, even while Dierfire came up as possible scum end of Day 1 and kept pushing Johnny and never gave any kind of opinion on Dierfire, as if he just wanted that misslynch to happen.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Masquerade »

Also, he seems to townread me without question.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1304, Masquerade wrote:
In post 1303, Saru wrote:
I feel manipulated by him.
He hasn't posted any kind of read on Dierfire, but I did see a little bit of defending him in the form of attacking his accuser (Math)
He had a whole read progression on Karnos which was entirely dropped when Karnos claimed (Magna replaced in after the claim happened) and refuses to consider lynching him because we shouldn't lynch a uncc'ed pr. IIoA.
He pushed Johnny's lynch p hard, even while Dierfire came up as possible scum end of Day 1 and kept pushing Johnny and never gave any kind of opinion on Dierfire, as if he just wanted that misslynch to happen.
....I need more walls.

Magna cannot have an attacker in me and be townread without question.

I love it when scum flail.

Dierfire claim.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1296, qubixes wrote:
In post 1290, MathBlade wrote:Grrrr bad phone
@Quibixes
We playing the same game?
Titus replaced Kappy
Masquerade looks to be lynch shopping
Found a duo that refuses to read each other (Masq and Dierfire)
And potential scum teams are emerging
So yeah I think a lot has happened.

Unless you don't think this counts as a lot?
Most of that happened (already) before I was gone. Dierfire did read mizzy (masq slot) in . It seems unlikely to me that he would go out of his way to cast shade on a teammate that is widely town read. Do you disagree? Which scum teams are you referring to?
In post 561, MathBlade wrote:qubixes -- Strong Town lean -- Post
-- I think qubixes is spot on with the Persuval v Sick discussion. [...]
In post 1109, MathBlade wrote:For Quibixes it would be
-- It feels fake. [...]
Why the change of heart?
As I said earlier I was rereading the thread. During that reread I ended up feeling that post was fake when before I thought it was genuine. When Mecha asked me the question of specific posts without the voting bits I took a hard look at your ISOs and then realized I didn't like it when I did before.

I absolutely disagree. Throwing shade early when no one gives two shits and then not doing a damn thing about it is a scum tactic. Furthermore 494 isn't a read it is a collection of things that are good and bad without a final opinion either way. Even if it was that is 1000 posts ago.

I am referring to Masq/Dierfire/Titus or Masq/Dierfire/Karnos as scum teams.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

@Saru -- I don't understand how you townread Magna.

Right now because Masquerade and Dierfire are so likely scum together that forces Magna to be town by PoE but his posts are super shitty. Like Terribad.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Saru »

In post 1304, Masquerade wrote: I feel manipulated by him.
Can you point to posts where you think he is trying to manipulate you?

I'm assuming that you're referring to by Magna. I read that as less of a defense of Dierfire, and more of an attack on Math for a weak reason to town-read someone(in this case, myself). Magna seems to be defending the idea of "polished posts" rather than Dierfire. It just so happens to be that Dierfire is the person that Math is attacking here. Point being, the subject of Math's attack doesn't matter here for Magna, it's the content that Magna is attacking. Do you disagree?

The reason Magna hasn't put a read out on Dierfire is explained by , it seems. Read that last part..."Null. On my first read-through his impact was minimal. I didn’t see anything that stuck out to me as scum posting but I didn’t see thinks that looked Town either. Since I have several stronger candidates I haven’t felt the need to dig into his ISO at this stage." Magna is talking about Dierfire here. Do you think it's wrong of Magna to not go through the ISO of someone they feel is null? Genuinely curious.

He did replace in after Karnos claimed, but he did say in his first post() that he hadn't been following the game at all. I feel like his read progression was to help him organize his thoughts about players as he moved along. Do you disagree? As for not lynching an uncc'd PR, I can see the reasoning behind that. I looked back at Magna's ISO regarding Karnos' pick for D2(Persivul), and he doesn't seem to comment on it anywhere, instead arguing with Karnos about his "jailed" reasoning as one of the reasons for picking Persivul as a target. I guess I would want Magna to explain how he definitively feels about Karnos' choice of Persivul as a target.

Well, like I said above, he was supposedly null on Dierfire(so he does give an opinion) and felt that Johnny was scummy. Why wouldn't he push a Johnny lynch, if Johnny was his scum read and Dierfire was(is?) a null read?
Responses in
bold.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:38 am

Post by Saru »

In post 1308, MathBlade wrote:@Saru -- I don't understand how you townread Magna.

Right now because Masquerade and Dierfire are so likely scum together that forces Magna to be town by PoE but his posts are super shitty. Like Terribad.
Can you give me reasons besides "super shitty" posts as to why I shouldn't be town reading Magna? I'm genuinely asking.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1247, MathBlade wrote:Magna
Here for starters.
Constantly misrepping my posts.
Attempting to classify a good read as a scummy action because I didn't follow along with their reads.
Then without having ever posted a read on Dierfire calls it a counter wagon of me gasping for life.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Saru »

In post 1311, MathBlade wrote:

I looked back at the misrep that you point to, and it seems Magna is referring to you calling Dierfire's a scum slip. I agree, that it was scummy, but not a definite scum slip. Magna seems to have a problem with you calling Dierfire outright scum for , and that is what I'm assuming Magna is talking about when Magna says that you seem to have "reverted to just saying Yo, you scumz" to people you think are scummy. I can see why Magna might have a problem with that, but I just think it's just part of your aggressive play-style.

Attempting to classify a good read as a scummy action because I didn't follow along with their reads.

I do think that Magna has a point when he says that your read on Titus comes off as buddying. I don't think it's scummy buddying, but it is buddying nonetheless. Maybe post an actual read on Titus, besides meta? I'm not sure what you mean by "didn't follow along with their reads."

Then without having ever posted a read on Dierfire calls it a counter wagon of me gasping for life.

As I said to Masq(), he did post a read on Dierfire, calling him a null read. And he obviously scum reads you. That's why he calls it a "counter-wagon." Once again, I see where he is coming from. At the same time, I feel he's not understanding your aggressiveness. And so, once again, I feel this is TvT butting heads.
Responses in
bold.
I'm not really interested in the fight between you and Magna right now. My focus at the moment is on my scum reads. Depending on what they flip, I might revisit this whole thing between you two. But I'm confident it's just TvT.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:20 am

Post by Masquerade »

@Saru
Anything that Magna directed to me.
Isn't null the definition of not having a read?
He never tried to improve his read on Dierfire when that wagon came up yesterday and today.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:32 am

Post by Saru »

In post 1313, Masquerade wrote:@Saru
Anything that Magna directed to me.
lol...that's quite a lot. I might or might not try to see if he was "manipulating" you, as you claim, later on.

Isn't null the definition of not having a read?
I guess it depends on one's definition. Being null on someone and having a null read of them are two different things, imo. Being null on someone means you have no opinion/read. This usually only happens during the start of a game or when a slot is being replaced. Having a null read means their ACTIONS don't seem townie or scummy to you, but anything too drastic could easily switch your read of them either way. I don't agree with Magna's null read on Dierfire, but that's besides the point. He does have a read on him, regardless.

He never tried to improve his read on Dierfire when that wagon came up yesterday and today.
This is true. I wrote this off as too busy/tunneling with Math to really care for anyone else, but now that you mention it, I would like him to give an updated read on Dierfire, now that Dierfire is at L-1.
Responses in
bold.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:40 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1312, Saru wrote:
In post 1311, MathBlade wrote:

I looked back at the misrep that you point to, and it seems Magna is referring to you calling Dierfire's a scum slip. I agree, that it was scummy, but not a definite scum slip. Magna seems to have a problem with you calling Dierfire outright scum for , and that is what I'm assuming Magna is talking about when Magna says that you seem to have "reverted to just saying Yo, you scumz" to people you think are scummy. I can see why Magna might have a problem with that, but I just think it's just part of your aggressive play-style.

I do think that Magna has a point when he says that your read on Titus comes off as buddying. I don't think it's scummy buddying, but it is buddying nonetheless. Maybe post an actual read on Titus, besides meta? I'm not sure what you mean by "didn't follow along with their reads."

As I said to Masq(), he did post a read on Dierfire, calling him a null read. And he obviously scum reads you. That's why he calls it a "counter-wagon." Once again, I see where he is coming from. At the same time, I feel he's not understanding your aggressiveness. And so, once again, I feel this is TvT butting heads.
Responses in
bold.
I'm not really interested in the fight between you and Magna right now. My focus at the moment is on my scum reads. Depending on what they flip, I might revisit this whole thing between you two. But I'm confident it's just TvT.
@Saru -- Titus is genuinely puzzling me. I know you said not a meta read but with Titus being my RL sister and all it is really hard to do that. Titus just puzzles me to no end and loves to fuck with me if scum. It is one of the reasons it is very hard for me to ever town read her. If I had to with a gut read I guess she would be town since she is actually trying to read me and not instantly tunnelling me within two seconds of posting, or that she is actually caring to try to read me. She is null with a sliver of a town lean.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Saru »

In post 1315, MathBlade wrote: @Saru -- Titus is genuinely puzzling me. I know you said not a meta read but with Titus being my RL sister and all it is really hard to do that. Titus just puzzles me to no end and loves to fuck with me if scum. It is one of the reasons it is very hard for me to ever town read her. If I had to with a gut read I guess she would be town since she is actually trying to read me and not instantly tunnelling me within two seconds of posting, or that she is actually caring to try to read me. She is null with a sliver of a town lean.
Fair enough. I used to play mafia with my brother on another forum, and so I know that feeling. However, I would advise you to try your best to not let meta cloud your judgement. Meta is ok at times, but in a case like this, it might be best not to use it. Just focus on the here and now, that way, you can feel confident about your read on her. Titus seems to be an experienced player, so I don't see her having a hard time changing her meta from game to game, and that's why I didn't really choose to look at her past games in my null read of her.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:07 am

Post by Titus »

Intent to hammer.

Blech walls on meta. Personality is what meta should be used for. I protect my team, or who I perceive to be on it.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Dwlee99 replaces Persevul. Huge thanks to Dwlee!
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Hi Dwlee! :)

Pleasure to play with you again!

Happy 4th everyone if you celebrate!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Official Vote Count

Dierfire
(5): Firebringer, MechaGoomba, MathBlade, Masquerade, Saru
MathBlade
(4): Dwlee99, MagnaofIllusion, Dierfire, karnos
MechaGoomba
(1): Titus
Saru
(1): qubixes

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-07-11 16:00:20)
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Dierfire »

I return.

I see that I'm at L-1 with hammer intent from Titus.
I claim VT.

I'm working on catching up now.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Hello friends!
pleasure to play with you again too, mathblade.

(ego)
I prefer they, thanks :)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Titus »

Hey Dwlee, I has sads. You are scums. :(
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor