Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:31 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 268, ChaosOmega wrote:183 is a false dichotomy. "Surely, you would want to push forward with this case even though pretty much no one else is on board? Or are you happy lynching whomever?" Seriously Vedith, what information were you looking for with the answer to that question? If she stays on, she's pushing by herself with a weak reason, and if she leaves, she's lynching outside her scum reads.

Vedith, who is your biggest scumread that isn't Elyse?
No idea why you feel the need to answer for her here. If I have a question for you to answer, I will ask you, otherwise I will ask it as a standard question not directly. Nice buddying though.
Also, to confirm, I meant anything else on him, not anyone else on him. (Hence the part that came after "I mean, he has plenty of posts to look into."

Also, please state where I ever say Elyse is a scum read?
You are asking me who I think is scum? I'm not sure how to answer this, as it's a hard one, but I'll try.
The answer to your question is... The person I'm voting for. :facepalm:
I claim scum \o/
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:39 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

"Seriously Vedith, what information were you looking for with the answer to that question? If she stays on, she's pushing by herself with a weak reason, and if she leaves, she's lynching outside her scum reads."

You have no response to this part in particular?
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:45 am

Post by Vedith »

But your question was stupid, because what you are basically trying to counter my question with is that because he vote is weak (even though she believes it to be right) she should just ignore it.
The information I was looking to see if she would give up the scum read so easily and move on. That's pretty obvious to anyone who can colour inside the lines.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:45 am

Post by Vedith »

An since we are having a nice chat, make sure you respond to my question to you.
"Also, please state where I ever say Elyse is a scum read?"
I claim scum \o/
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:56 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

I never said you said Elyse is a scum read.

And we'll agree to disagree then, because your question doesn't look like that to me at all. You essentially said "sell us on Molla or lynch outside your scum reads." Can't you see if she would give up a scum read easily without asking a question that would make giving it up harder?
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:00 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 268, ChaosOmega wrote:Vedith, who is your biggest scumread that isn't Elyse?
This is what you said to me.
Why would you say "that isn't Elyse?" unless you are implying she is my scum read.

No I don't see that, if you give up a scum read, you give it up. If there's a valid backing to it fine, if not then it's just scummy.
I claim scum \o/
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:05 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

It implies it, sure. If you were going to say Elyse there, though, it's not an interesting answer for me, so I wanted to cut you off at the pass.

And you're saying that what you asked helped you to determine if there was valid backing to her actions?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:09 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 549, Grendel wrote:I let people interpret this as they see fit, but I personally think of a D1 trust/buddy as somebody I like to use as a sounding board for my thoughts in the thread proper. So its less about perceived aliment, and more about having a “study buddy”, or some such. But I like to let people think I’m talking about alignment specifically because it can get more… useful responses. Unfortunately, I get results like yours as well where their answer is , “Not my style”, which is an unhelpful null read imo.
Well then I do think we sort of meant the same thing. The reason that it's not my style is because I'm sort of a loner. And ofc my paranoia doesn't really help much in trusting people. Last time when I had a townread since Day 1, it was scum :/ so yeah, I'm a little hesitant with that sort of thing and always reconsider my reads.

@Vedith, what is your current read on Elyse then? And have you looked into Hoopla yet? What exactly are you scumreading her for?

UNVOTE:
I don't think Robb is scum, but I would very much appreciate if he replaced out and took some classes in anger management and the like before coming back.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:19 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 681, ChaosOmega wrote:It implies it, sure. If you were going to say Elyse there, though, it's not an interesting answer for me, so I wanted to cut you off at the pass.

And you're saying that what you asked helped you to determine if there was valid backing to her actions?
You have no interest is people discussion a scum read if it's with Elyse. How town of you.

No, I already answered what you asked. My last comment was because you are trying to quote me into saying something that wasn't even close.
I was stating my opinion on what you were quoting me saying.
I never had an interest in voting with her, I wanted to know her mind set to voting him / changing votes.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:29 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 682, Masquerade wrote:@Vedith, what is your current read on Elyse then? And have you looked into Hoopla yet? What exactly are you scumreading her for?
Elyse is most likely town imo. Doesn't prevent me from wanting information though.

Hoopla is more concerned on buddying with people to say they are on the town bloc / close to being on it rather than looking for scum.
The voting seems willing to where majority are going and the scum vote on me was so obvious.
When I questioned the town bloc originally, it was more of a diversion response rather than anything else.
I questioned if Rob was town lean, and Hoopla replied back with it is a waiting line, without answering at all.

I'm at work though, so I can't really give one with examples right now.
I claim scum \o/
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:33 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Vedith wrote:
In post 681, ChaosOmega wrote:It implies it, sure. If you were going to say Elyse there, though, it's not an interesting answer for me, so I wanted to cut you off at the pass.

You have no interest is people discussion a scum read if it's with Elyse. How town of you.

No, I already answered what you asked. My last comment was because you are trying to quote me into saying something that wasn't even close.
I was stating my opinion on what you were quoting me saying.
I never had an interest in voting with her, I wanted to know her mind set to voting him / changing votes.
So you are all people now? When I originally asked that, days before you answered, Elyse was the main person you were interacting with. I wanted new information from you.

And it looks like her mindset to voting him was in and to move her vote was in , whereas your question was . This is getting circular, since now I'm sure you'll say you were looking to see if she'll give it up so easily, and blah blah blah.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:42 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 685, ChaosOmega wrote:So you are all people now? When I originally asked that, days before you answered, Elyse was the main person you were interacting with. I wanted new information from you.

And it looks like her mindset to voting him was in 162 and to move her vote was in 181, whereas your question was 183. This is getting circular, since now I'm sure you'll say you were looking to see if she'll give it up so easily, and blah blah blah.
Well, I'm the only person worth listening to.

No that's not what I'm going to say. I skimmed, I read something I didn't like, I commented.
That's all there is to it, but I'm not worried overall with yourself at this stage.
We can play dress up another time though.

For now, get your vote on Hoopla.
I claim scum \o/
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:55 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Not interested in voting Hoopla today.

You have any sort of read on Masquerade, Wake, or BlankFace?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Elyse »

Dedicating time to this game later tonight
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 581, Elyse wrote:But why is House scum for banking on Robb getting modkilled? Why is it not just because he dislikes him?
Elyse, if you think that House is angry town. Then can you quote me something from his interaction with Robbo that shows town intent?

I, personally, haven’t seen anything that makes sense from a townie point of veiw regarding his interactions with Rob. I saw name calling, mocking, berating, and clever one-liners that mean nothing. He was very inflammatory, and wasn't helping the game state at all. I’m of the resolve that if House hadn’t been in the game that Robbnva wouldn’t have gotten to the point where he threatened to get himself mod-killed. House has plenty of reason to employ that play as scum, no reason to do it as town.
In post 608, House wrote:@hoopla:

Why is Grendel in your maybe pile?

He's voting me because I prefer being scum over town, as if we can ask the mod for a preferred alignment before the game starts.

He's totally married to this silly assumption, and completely misreps my play to fit that theory.
In post 249, House wrote:
In post 244, Grendel wrote:
Actually House my issue isn’t that you prefer playing as scum.
Its that your post reads like you aren’t taking this very seriously. Mainly what sticks out to me is the intentional (?) misspelling in answer one, the joking in answer four, and the lack of any elaboration in answer five. Together it looked like you’re just screwing around. That said, I’m bad at tonal indicators so I may have been too dismissive of your response to my questions.
Are you enjoying the game thus far?
Misspelling: doubt it was intentional. I'm a phone poster.
Joking: So what?
Elaboration: The questions were answered as put forth. If you want elaboration, phrase them better.

I was absolutely screwing around, but that doesn't change the fact that my responses were honest. Anyone that knows me can vouch for that.

And yeah, the game has been fun.
Hey now, I don’t know if you misread me previously or are just seeing things how you want to see them, but I explicitly said that I wasn’t scum reading you because of your role preference. In truth questions one and two were the least telling, and the only reason they’re in the set is because I thought they were good appetizer questions. The others, questions three, four, five, and six, were the important ones. You’re answer to four was weak. Three was pretty scummy, and five was non-existent. This gave me a null to scum lean, so I tried opening it to you to add more information so I might be sure of my read on you, but instead of working with me you shut me down in post 249. You even implied it was my fault that you didn’t answer the fifth question to my satisfaction. Getting all huffy that I should’ve asked for elaboration if I wanted it. You also were concerned that I was questioning your honesty, a point I hadn’t raised. I had no reason to question your honesty so that attempt at ethos seemed like unneeded compensation. So yes, I have a clear reason to get a scum read off you based off those responses. It’s not, “House likes playing scum so he must be scum”, that reasoning makes no sense and I don’t appreciate you putting words into my mouth.

I’m also noting that instead of engaging me directly about this you went to other players voicing their opinions of me and tried to discredit me. I’d expect town to engage me with their thoughts directly. Not this roundabout crap. Why aren't you engaging me?

About the mod kill timeline thing, yes, I reread and you did say you wanted a replacement before advocating for a mod kill. Sorry for missing that bit. That doesn’t change the fact, however, that you did say you wanted Robbnva modkilled. So can you tell me how you went from, “I want Robbnva to replace out” to, “Mod pls kill this”? Because if you truly wanted to Robbnva to be force replaced then I don’t believe you would have ever been okay with Robbnva being Modkilled even if he was advocating it for himself. You would have actively discouraged him if you wanted to save that slot. And the fact that at one point you advocated for Robbvna to just be force replaced doesn’t devalue the fact that you later you encouraged a mod-kill. So congratulations on making a counter argument that doesn’t actually address anything important.
In post 593, House wrote:
In post 587, Robbnva wrote:
In post 533, House wrote:
In post 530, Wake1 wrote:House, if Robb retracts the demand will you put BBmolla back on the table where he belongs Day 1?
The second he's modkilled, absolutely.

I'm NOT giving him a pass after everything he's done to destroy this game.

I'll take it to mith if I have to.
Oh shit
YOU are the one that SAID you'd be modkilled.

I took your words at face value.

Are you discouraging that?
So it is okay to advocate for a mod kill if you believe that he intended to be suicidal? If you were truly advocating for him to be force replaced you wouldn't have said this.

House, what do you have to say about wake currently?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 369, cmitc1 wrote:
In post 368, Grendel wrote:Reporting in to say I've been busy.

I'll get something of substance up either tonight, or tomorrow morning.

Srry if this inconvenices anybody.
Gotta dodge that prod :igmeou:

I would not really mind a grendel vote after those questions <.<
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you missed my question to you in my reads list.

Why does me opening with RQS merit a vote? How is it scummy?

If its so bad then why are you not voting me?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 589, BBmolla wrote:I'm sad Robb wasn't tbqh.

I don't really think House is scummy for defending me.
I was unaware you required an orator to speak for you. -zing-

Explain to me why you are happy that House is putting up such a hard defense for you when you're already heavily town read?

B/c it looked really unneeded.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Egg »

V/LA until Monday

Traveling out of state.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by House »

In post 689, Grendel wrote:He was very inflammatory, and wasn't helping the game state at all. I’m of the resolve that if House hadn’t been in the game that Robbnva wouldn’t have gotten to the point where he threatened to get himself mod-killed.
I'm always very inflammatory... as town. I don't give a damn about what people think about me as town for multiple reasons.

And, it could also easily be argued that if Rob had not been in the game none of this streaming pile of bullshit would have happened in the first place.

Rob is toxic and doesn't deserve to remain a member of this site, period. Saying that isn't alignment indicative. It's self-evident.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Post by House »

In post 689, Grendel wrote:The others, questions three, four, five, and six, were the important ones. You’re answer to four was weak. Three was pretty scummy, and five was non-existent.
Correction:
NONE
of your shitty RVS questions were important, Sherlock.

You have beef with 3-5? Let's review, shall we?

In post 122, House wrote:3) I'm easy to read as town if you're not an idiot (thus hard to mislynch)
4) Finding scum. They're my people, yo.
5) Yup.
3) You'll find out exactly what I mean by this. Welcome to Hell, because that's where you're going to think you are if you think you have any shot at stretching MY neck.

4) Humor is foreign to you, isn't it? My entire easily game was humor and fun because I finally got to be in a game with some good people. If that's foreign where you come from, i feel sad for you.

5) Knowing that I prefer scum over town, do you
really
expect me to undermine my scum game? That's not alignment indicative, it's alignment
preference
indicative. And I've already admitted I prefer scum over town, so this answer tells you nothing new.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by House »

In post 689, Grendel wrote:It’s not, “House likes playing scum so he must be scum”, that reasoning makes no sense and I don’t appreciate you putting words into my mouth.
You were refusing to tell people what you thought of those answers.

The best way to get at the truth when it is being withheld is to accuse the silent of an untruth, which often loosens their tongue to clarify, this fulfilling the purpose of the lure.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by House »

In post 695, House wrote:
In post 689, Grendel wrote:It’s not, “House likes playing scum so he must be scum”, that reasoning makes no sense and I don’t appreciate you putting words into my mouth.
You were refusing to tell people what you thought of those answers.

The best way to get at the truth when it is being withheld is to accuse the silent of an untruth, which often loosens their tongue to clarify, this fulfilling the purpose of the lie.
EBWOP

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 695, House wrote: The best way to get at the truth when it is being withheld is to accuse the silent of an untruth, which often loosens their tongue to clarify, this fulfilling the purpose of the lure.
Hey, I should try that out sometime. :)
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Elyse »

Grendel, I see House's frustration as genuine regardless of alignment. I don't think his play was helpful at all but it was emotional and could come from town or scum. Robb is clearly infuriating to play with and House reacted. I understand your point about advocating for a modkill being scummy even if Robb first suggested it himself. But I think it's more like this - House is assuming that Robb is going to do something that will cause him to be modkilled. He's basically saying "GET ON WITH IT THEN, GET MODKILLED". House could be scum but it's not for suggesting a modkill.

N e way

I'm interested in lynching BlankFace, BBMolla, and Vedith today. That's it. BB and BlankFace continue to cheerlead Hoopla from the side and avoid scumhunting. I know BB probably won't be lynched simply because no one wants Robb to get what he wants, but he's actually scum y'all.

Vedith's content is pretty awful and he doesn't show much scumhunting initiative at all and has interacted with like three people total. I do find his Hoopla vote a puzzling move to come from scum though so I'm not entirely sure there. If it weren't for that he'd be my number 1 choice.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by House »

In post 689, Grendel wrote:That doesn’t change the fact, however, that you did say you wanted Robbnva modkilled. So can you tell me how you went from, “I want Robbnva to replace out” to, “Mod pls kill this”?
As I've made abundantly clear to everyone that does not have an agenda, my preference was for Rob to be replaced.

When he stated he was being modkilled as a point of fact, I had no reason to doubt that statement because he claimed it came directly from the list mod.

When mods above the actual game mod gets involved, I tend to believe what is said because it's really fucking stupid to lie about the crayons.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”