Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 223, Robbnva wrote:Like that game you mentioned earlier. The assertion that people refusing to answer was an incorrect assertion. That game also showed it was a pointless activity because beck proved rqs didn't help the person find scum in previous games.
*shrug*. Beck was scum so it's hard to say he was completely wrong. You'll notice I chose not to vote you for it though so that should say something about my confidence in that tell.
In post 224, Robbnva wrote:
In post 222, Egg wrote:Masquarade answered. His answers surrounding scum play felt guarded though.
Ok? There's motive for town to keep their scum meta secret.
1)I disagree
2)He didn't say that though.
3)What is your read on Masquarade?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Robbnva »

But beck's response to that was genuine and would have been the same regardless of his alignment.

1. So you as a town player would openly tell people how to read your scum game? Doesn't that make it harder for you to play as scum down the road?
2. Did you ask him why he didn't answer it how you would have liked and give him time to answer you before making an assumption? No you voted him first without asking. Asking and waiting for a response would have been the more town thinking action. Voting without taking the time to ask would be the scummier action
3. Null
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Egg »

1. Not worried about that. This game is an island. If I can be easier to read here, it's a good thing. I'll worry about changing my scum game later if I need to. Like I said though, I don't know of any differences in my town and scum game.
2. Again, he DID answer. Also, I prefer to vote when something stands out. If I change my mind, I can unvote later. Anyway, my point in this one was that you assumed he was hiding his scum meta for town reasons. You put those words in his mouth.
3. Interesting. You're acting like you have a strong town read on him.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by Robbnva »

No I'm acting like people's responses to those questions can't and shouldn't be used against them and if a player does they are one of 2 things. 1. Not a very intelligent person/player or 2. Scum.

Personal opinions aren't alignment indicative unless you can prove they lied which I don't think you can. I don't even think it's even possible because lying about your own opinions is stupid.

People do like to lie on this site though so I guess it's possible but I don't know how you can prove it.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I won't say anything else cause I'm really not trying to be the shit starter anymore and I'm afraid I'll resort to insults which is my fall back.

I'm trying to change my image for the better so let's just agree to disagree. Just want to be on record that I think this is a bad push regardless what masq' alignment is.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Egg »

You're acting on principle rather than reading the words Masquarade and I posted then. People can say and do scummy things regardless of what is said prior to their post. For example, if my answer to the first question was "This is my first time as scum so we'll see how it goes", I don't think people would be wrong to use that against me. Now, Masquarade's answer wasn't quite THAT damning, but I'm using extremes to make my point.
Rob wrote: Personal opinions aren't alignment indicative unless you can prove they lied which I don't think you can. I don't even think it's even possible because lying about your own opinions is stupid. People do like to lie on this site though so I guess it's possible but I don't know how you can prove it.
What opinion are you referring to here?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 229, Robbnva wrote:I won't say anything else cause I'm really not trying to be the shit starter anymore and I'm afraid I'll resort to insults which is my fall back.

I'm trying to change my image for the better so let's just agree to disagree. Just want to be on record that I think this is a bad push regardless what masq' alignment is.
If you're town, this is actually constructive though. You're ignoring information and I'm trying to show you that.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 230, Egg wrote:What opinion are you referring to here?
The responses to the questions are all the players personal opinions (or should be) because they are non game related questions. Nobody should be lying in their responses.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Egg »

There's a difference between lying and being worried about people scumreading you for your answers and answering accordingly
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 231, Egg wrote:If you're town, this is actually constructive though. You're ignoring information and I'm trying to show you that.
How is you and I of differing opinions arguing back and forth with each other knowing neither of us are going to change our minds and will probably just escalate the post count and end with me getting pissed off and insulting you going to be productive?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 233, Egg wrote:There's a difference between lying and being worried about people scumreading you for your answers and answering accordingly
I guess but if you answer them honestly which is what I'd expect from non game related/non alignment indicative questions, people shouldn't have to worry about somebody else not liking them.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by House »

In post 213, Egg wrote:Summary is more valuable than a link. I don't read games I'm not in.
Normally I don't either, but that game is
highly
entertaining.

Yume scum claimed d1.
RabidRat, who was scum, suspected someone else scumclaim the way Yume did, but didn't call or Yume's scum claim.

I called out Yume's scum claim.
I used Yume's flip to sell a Rabid Rat lynch d2, who also flipped scum.

It was glorious.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
cmitc1
cmitc1
Townie
cmitc1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by cmitc1 »

@egg

How does me being a ToS solve your issues with me (i am talking about the forums mafia there.)
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Egg »

Rob, because we don't just have different views on a player. You are acting on principle. Like, most of what we say in a mafia game is opinions yet people form reads all the time. The fact that a post was responding to RQS doesn't make it 100% null. You're not even trying to understand my point just because Grendel asked some questions you didn't like, and even called a stupid distraction, but answered anyway.

House, holy shit. lol

Cmit, from what I've heard it's a very different game there. Everything is based on your role, not what you say in thread. So your wondering about massclaim and stuff like that is pretty normal. Here, it's more like "OMG HE TALKED ABOUT ROLES. HE'S SCUM". But I notice you didn't answer my question. Any reason for that?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 238, Egg wrote:You're not even trying to understand my point
You're correct. Because I disagree with the premise behind it
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Egg »

Which doesn't make sense to me but whatever I guess
cmitc1
cmitc1
Townie
cmitc1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by cmitc1 »

Sorry. Hsving to play on mobile until my 4th of july camping is over.

You are talking about the mafia on the forums right?(tou can not see it if tou are not logged on a account) Anyway, i just did not feel voting hoop was necessary, due to it being the start of d1. My other vote was due to us being out of d1 shitposting, and like i said in the post i explained, i also wanted to see if i could get a reaction.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 240, Egg wrote:Which doesn't make sense to me but whatever I guess
I mean I do understand your point and what you are trying to do.

I just don't agree with it for reasons I already explained.

Post game we will see what we see and if masq is scum I'll be surprised he let those questions trip him up.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by Egg »

Fair enough to both of you.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 203, House wrote:
In post 201, Grendel wrote:@ House is your 122 post a joke post?
Nope. My preference for scum is well documented.
Actually House my issue isn’t that you prefer playing as scum. Its that your post reads like you aren’t taking this very seriously. Mainly what sticks out to me is the intentional (?) misspelling in answer one, the joking in answer four, and the lack of any elaboration in answer five. Together it looked like you’re just screwing around. That said, I’m bad at tonal indicators so I may have been too dismissive of your response to my questions.
Are you enjoying the game thus far?
In post 205, BBmolla wrote:
In post 190, Grendel wrote:I like the Twilight Zone. You?
holy shit dude good choice. Twilight Zone is some of the best TV I've ever watched, I think it's on netflix now. Favorite episode?
Now that’s a tough question. “Time enough at last” broke my heart harder than I ever expected it to, and is the first episode to come to mind when I think of “The Twilight Zone”, I suppose that’s my favorite.
In post 202, Robbnva wrote: 4. Not sure what you mean by "team work hard for you" do you mean the rest of the team has to work harder because of me?
Robbnva, I’ll try to rephrase it: Is your abrasiveness the reason you don’t work well with others? If not then what is?

Did you have anything you wanted to discuss further from the questions you asked me, or are you satisfied? And by “satisfied” I mean a lean on my alignment.
In post 208, Egg wrote:
Grendel, can you elaborate on your previous "good result" with RQS?
I found that using RQS fit well with my general play style, which is heavy with passive scum hunting (asking questions), and probably not enough active scum hunting (making accusations). It fostered nearly twenty nine pages (fifty posts a page) of content plus a lynch on a forum that is resolutely against D1 lynching, and got players that normally rush to abstain actively engaged in the game. Also it helped me catch a scum based off of their response, there were a several other scum that had bad answers, but I didn’t live long enough to push them. That said, I did come to wrong conclusion of several town as well when evaluating results. There was another scum who vocally attacked RQS for easy town cred, but I didn’t live long enough to catch. The game is actually still ongoing, I was NK’d, so idk if the second scum will be caught. For something that is generally put down as a waste of time I thought it operated well, and gave me “Good results”.

Context to the game in question is it is a whopping 48 player muti-ball, with five irl days for the day phase. The thing is that despite the large player count discussion usually doesn’t stretch past seven or eight pages day one, so in perspective getting twenty nine pages that game is great.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 244, Grendel wrote:Robbnva, I’ll try to rephrase it: Is your abrasiveness the reason you don’t work well with others? If not then what is?

Did you have anything you wanted to discuss further from the questions you asked me, or are you satisfied? And by “satisfied” I mean a lean on my alignment.
It's a combination of my abrasiveness and stubbornness. Also my inability to trust people.

Nothing else I want to ask and no my questions weren't meant to learn anything about your alignment. I was bored so I figure I'd try to at least learn more about you.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by Elyse »

My eyes glaze over every time I try to read the last few pages
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Egg »

Ok Grendel can be town.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 247, Egg wrote:Ok Grendel can be town.
Why?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by House »

In post 244, Grendel wrote:Actually House my issue isn’t that you prefer playing as scum. Its that your post reads like you aren’t taking this very seriously. Mainly what sticks out to me is the intentional (?) misspelling in answer one, the joking in answer four, and the lack of any elaboration in answer five. Together it looked like you’re just screwing around. That said, I’m bad at tonal indicators so I may have been too dismissive of your response to my questions.
Are you enjoying the game thus far?
Misspelling: doubt it was intentional. I'm a phone poster.
Joking: So what?
Elaboration: The questions were answered as put forth. If you want elaboration, phrase them better.

I was absolutely screwing around, but that doesn't change the fact that my responses were honest. Anyone that knows me can vouch for that.

And yeah, the game has been fun.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”