Newbie 1718 [Game Over!] Mafia

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 764, RadiantCowbells wrote:
See the thing here is, I cant even find substance in RCs posting now. Half the time he's just pissed because I want him lynched. Why the fuck would I, as scum, pick a fight with anither universal townread, and try to get him lynched knowing my chances of getting my way are slim. Have I tried it before as scum? Sure, I went head on with me as scum vs a town Radiant in a recent game and he rekt me. Though in that game I felt like Radiant was scum in anothee faction.
Would I do it again? Yes. Because I think Radiant is scum

The crying AtE shit youre accusibg me of doesnt help. Im legitimately pissed because everyone townreads you for no goddamn reason and suspects me to be scum because Im not townreading you. Youre already discrediting me.

And stop accusing me of doing AtE and crying to town to townread me when youre complaining about wanting to live past day 3 by using AtE. "Oh Im so sorry for being so good I die within 2 days, I cant play a decent game crycrycry"

Hypocrite.

And Im fucking town but that isnt stopping you from voting me, just becaude you want me gone. How about looking at who could actually be scum since you dont think im scum, instead of kynching me out of spite
Let's make a deal. How about you unvote me and stop pushing on me for 3 RL days and other reads can be discussed and the thread gets a break from us yelling at each other. I will do the same. Deal?
In post 818, RadiantCowbells wrote:Suddenly busy as shit. Tomorrow I promise or replace out.
In post 824, RadiantCowbells wrote:What about Racer/Kaori?
In post 826, RadiantCowbells wrote:I need to make a full catch up post. that will be tonight.
In post 827, RadiantCowbells wrote:Kraska. What's your read on me and how do you think of me as a player?
In post 828, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm caught up. I'm not going forward without a Kaori replacement and a response from Kraska.
In post 830, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Dr Pepper

This vote is going back down for now though.
In post 849, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm like 95% sure that it's Lycan/DP right now.
In post 850, RadiantCowbells wrote:Lycan, DP. read on the other, now.
In post 852, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am pretty sure that you're town.
In post 768, RadiantCowbells wrote:We are ruining this game for the newbies right now and I am not okay with it.
ISO RC. All of the posts I see from the time the truce was made to the time he voted me amount to nothing. No reads, no analysis on anything. Quality shitposting.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

This is summing up RC's playstyle.

- 'I'll give reads tomorrow' - said reads don't come
- 'You're shit, play better' - instead of actual argument or defense

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU READ HIM TOWN
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

'waah RC caught me but he didn't respond to my walls of crappy logic so it doesn't count'
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

you're so fucking confident in this. Fine.

VOTE: DoctorPepper

good luck in lylo. I'm out.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:34 pm

fake. do you want to know how I knew that you were scum?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

I don't give a shit about what you think at this point.

Just promise me town, you will lynch RC tomorrow.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:47 pm

We're agreeing as a collective that that post disproves 'I wasn't sure I just wanted to lynch him because he was pissing me off?'
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

If somehow you and I make it out alive to Day 3 and you somehow end up being town, I'm gonna make the game lose for town by voting you on my first post simply because even if youre town, my judgment has been compromised. Which is why I am replacing out if you're still alive and why I'm choosing to just get lynched today.

Also, you sure do know a lot about 'tactically replacing out'
In [url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=7682718&f=86#p7682718]post 344[/url], LlamaFluff wrote:RadiantCowbells has been banned from all Mafia games for one month for (1) out-of-game communication in Micro 562, (2) using outside influences for an in-game advantage in Blitz 22, and (3) tactically replacing out of a game.

He does not need to be replaced in ongoing games.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Now that you mention it, RC does this kind of shit A LOT.
In [url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=7528572&f=86#p7528572]post 335[/url], N wrote:RadiantCowbells has been banned from new games for two weeks for repeated abusive behaviour.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:59 pm

In post 882, DoctorPepper wrote:If somehow you and I make it out alive to Day 3 and you somehow end up being town, I'm gonna make the game lose for town by voting you on my first post simply because even if youre town, my judgment has been compromised. Which is why I am replacing out if you're still alive and why I'm choosing to just get lynched today.

Also, you sure do know a lot about 'tactically replacing out'
In [url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=7682718&f=86#p7682718]post 344[/url], LlamaFluff wrote:RadiantCowbells has been banned from all Mafia games for one month for (1) out-of-game communication in Micro 562, (2) using outside influences for an in-game advantage in Blitz 22, and (3) tactically replacing out of a game.

He does not need to be replaced in ongoing games.
I'm either town, in which case you decided to get lynched and call for my lynch anyway and still have town lose if you're town or scum in which case you replaced out of a game where you were nearly positive that I was scum to the point of calling my lynch because I was playing in a way you don't like.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:34 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 879, RadiantCowbells wrote:fake. do you want to know how I knew that you were scum?
i mean i do, at least humor DP at this point because i'm actually considering requesting a double replacement for you both even though that will mean every slot but mine replaces out. I don't really care if there is a "right" side or a "wrong" side to this fight, I think it's hurting everyone and I see a double replacement as the only fair option. Don't replace if you guys think you can try to put this beside you though, I really want Lycan to be the last replacement.

Kraska and Fiddler, I'm feeling that there actually is scum within {Lycan, Kaori, DP} (in that order). I want to actually make sure their lynch goes through, so the two of you should try to work with me on agreeing with one of them. I'm not open to policy-ing RC but if you want both of the fighting players out we should replace RC and lynch DP. I'm putting a lot of trust into you two because I'm like 100% certain I'm going to be the nightkill.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:35 am

i also don't think DP is acting, but maybe i'm inexperienced when it comes to tonal reading
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:11 am

wait what the fuck we have four days to go??
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:42 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

I honestly get the feeling you don;t even read the context of the fight and just blindly sheep the RC slot despite the fact that I tried to tell you why he's fucking scum
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:45 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Like honestly, how can you even see RC as anything but scum at this point.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
fiddlercrabontheroof
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:48 am

Post by fiddlercrabontheroof »

As fun as watching this little shit fit is, we should probably get on with the actual game. I agree with Giga in terms the scumreads, though not necessarily in that order. I really don't want to lynch Kaori until she makes a post, but if she doesn't post by the time I get back, I'm just going ahead with my vote.

I have class, and then I have to go deal with administration bullshit afterwards, but I promise I'll make a post on my current reads when I get home. Until then, try to prevent DP from killing himself.
"I'm very gay. I'd like a few dollars."
- John Mulaney
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:17 am

If this were the {Cop, Doctor, Roleblocker} set up, would it be better to kill or roleblock an obvious cop? Why?

That's the question I was trying to lead up to with the nightkill questions. Depending on the answers, I was going to try to figure out whether House was killed for being townread and a threat, or if the scumteam was PR fishing. I guess I need to be more direct with this.

If I can prove there is a roleblocker (I'm pretty sure it's Kaori based on interactions between Kaori and Lycan), then that means I can prove DP is town. If there is no reason to believe there is a roleblocker, then DP needs to be autolynched right now. Lycan is probably scum regardless, but I also really think DP and RC are the same alignment. The point is if we get a correct lynch today, then we've pretty much won the game because a correct lynch means we have room for error.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:21 am

Also did anyone besides RC, Kaori, and I pick up on House being a diagonal PR?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:42 am

Also can anyone scumreading RC explain to me why he would back off from the Harlii wagon? That was an entirely possible lynch (Racer was ready to hammer!), there was no need to stop it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:07 am

I will do a double replace on the grounds that DrPepper never joins another of my games and that my replacement autolynches that slot.

Giga, I want you to read this game. I can see through DP's AtE because it's the exact same kind of AtE that I pull as scum.

There's a bunch of serious mismatches between his attempt to portray this as an 'I'm just voting RC because salty!' lynch and crying about how everyone isn't listening to him and immediately dropping the act and calling for votes on me when you responded in that manner. If he were *actually* town who was positive that I was scum then he would be totally checked out and beyond communicating with at this point. This is scum pure and simple, and scum emulating my scum playstyle no less.

I am tentatively willing to vote Kaori because I don't see how we lose after a Kaori lynch but if he flips town like I think he will you are voting DP, no questions.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:24 am

In post 894, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am tentatively willing to vote Kaori because I don't see how we lose after a Kaori lynch but if he flips town like I think he will you are voting DP, no questions.
Yes, this is what I am suggesting by insisting that he's the roleblocker. I would lynch DP first but it's
possible
he's telling the truth from my PoV. I will read the ISO you sent me and see if it changes my view on this first.

Could you answer my question about roleblocking, though? I am willing to believe that DP is scum, but I really want to be confident about lynching him first. I need a flip from Kaori (or at least some communication at this point) first before I'm certain DP is scum, but if the way the NK went disproves any possibility of a roleblocker then I'm lynching DP no questions asked.

Really it's between DP and Kaori, while Lycan is confirmed scum imo.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:02 am

Actually I'm more willing to lynch DP now. This might be confbias talking but the ISO you sent me was just not
as
convincing as DP's AtE but I see where you're coming from. I admit that I'm a sucker for such tactics though, I suppose it's because my Myers-Briggs personality type is INFP (I feel DP is one too and since a lot of my scumhunting involves putting myself in the position of other players the fact I might act similarly might have something to do with that :/).

Kraska and Fiddler, whether we lynch DP or Kaori is up to you two. I'm willing to hear a case for going after Lycan first, but we might as well give ourselves an easy lylo.
fiddlercrabontheroof
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:08 am

Post by fiddlercrabontheroof »

Well I guess that comes down to what happens if mislynch and who we think the night kill is gonna be. Kaori and DP both give me big scum reads, but I guess I'd lean towards a DP just because he's posted recently and I think the combo of him doubling down on RC and his resorting to referencing bans. When I play scum and it starts turning badly for me, I usually just double down when I can't think of a way to deflect.
"I'm very gay. I'd like a few dollars."
- John Mulaney
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:23 am

just fyi DP the current nightkill looks bad for you

so if you can explain why House would be killed and not roleblocked, that would be great!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:18 am

wait holy shit i'm sorry for waffling but Kaori is town

Hear me out:

Why would a scum Kaori want to expose a PR? Remember the crypticness I complained about earlier? Kaori wanted to know if the other players wanted to see if House was an obvious PR. There's literally no reason scum would want that.

UNVOTE: Kaori "Notty" Miyazono

I might go back to him if it's a green flip from Pepper. But js I want to hammer, hence no vote from me.

Fixed -IV
Last edited by innocentvillager on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”