Micro 622: Queen Mafia GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Wingback »

In post 573, Elyse wrote:VOTE: Wingback

Lol

Glad Fire was killed cause I thought he might be scum.

Wingback trying to push that bs on GL is laughable. Reads to me as scum planning on pushing GL and getting their plans foiled.

If it's not Wingback I'd guess duppin over BNL but I'd have to reread.
How is it BS? I missed the mod's mention in the OP that it is 7:2. Given the roles that flipped so far, I suspected an SK which was completely reasonable.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:34 am

Post by duppin »

I mean sure I can explain why I think the idea of me ever being with Aristo is rather silly, I just don't really think it matters if we can just auto this.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:36 am

Post by Wingback »

In post 574, duppin wrote:
In post 572, GuiltyLion wrote:why would you ask conftown that question?
I'm asking you because I believe the game is auto. If you think I'm likely scum, then you don't need to include me in the auto. I'm pretty sure Elyse and TTH aren't ever with Aristo.
Let's not do anything hasty like "auto-wins." This game is far from an auto-win. I'm actually pretty sure you are town but not so sure about Elyse and TTH. TTH posting in the endgame of another game right after this thread was locked made me do a double-take.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:41 am

Post by duppin »

Well yes, it is a possibility. I just don't think the way TTH went from a rvs vote on Aristo to a serious vote came from a scum trying to distance herself from her partner.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Elyse »

Wingback is flailing and trying to keep his options open cause he knows the game is over.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Wingback »

I don't discount it. It makes sense for weak scum players to push partners early on because they're not sure if they can adequately push a town player and get away with it. Once everyone settles down and the game proceeds, you get a better idea of where you can push convincingly. This is especially true for weak scum players who expect to have decent reads as town, because they feel compelled to be right fearing that they would get bop'd if they're wrong too often. I don't find TTH's eventual vote on Postie very convincing - it was a response to Postie pushing her and looked like an excuse to get off of Aristo.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:52 am

Post by duppin »

Weren't you townreading TTH yesterday though?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Wingback »

I was. My reads yesterday were influenced by my scumread on Postie which I was pretty confident about. I re-assessed based on her flip. My first suspicion overnight was on whoever claimed vig. I thought we struck gold when GL claimed but I completely missed that important little tidbit the mod gave about it being 7:2.

I'm not saying I'm positive it's TTH. I don't like Elyse's push on me either because it's so easy. I spent my first post attacking someone we now know to be conf-town and GL and I did have a back-and-forth in twilight making it more likely he would suspect me. Of course, flailing scum is the easiest buzzword to throw at someone under pressure who is unsure of their reads. Of course, I'm considering all options. That's necessary to win the game.

I think BNL is a distinct possibility to be scum though. The only one I'm sure of is you.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Elyse »

Why do people think BNL is likely scum with Aris? Aris voted BNL and BNL wasn't on the Postie wagon. They don't fit to me.

Let's just lynch Wingback and reassess if we need to.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

eh yeah I can get behind that, I keep wanting to scumread BNL for his occasional bad posting but like I said before it's a chronic issue with me and him
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

one of these days scum!BNL is gonna wipe the floor with me I just know it
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 563, GuiltyLion wrote:FA kill is odd to me, makes me think there's scum in the neighborhood or scum is very commonly townread. I'm probably game for a BNL lynch today, if that doesn't end it I'm happy to hear opinions on who I should shoot. Wingback felt very town to me in twilight and everyone else pushed on Aristophanes in a mostly convincing manner. If TTH or Elyse is scum then we're in for a rough go
Then I have excellent news. Both TTH
and
Elyse are town.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Also, I'm townreading BnL though I'm unsure if the reason I'm doing it is really justified. :S

Right off the bat, Wingback's SK obsession is pretty awful.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:37 am

Post by BNL »

Claiming now: I am Fire Assassin's neighbour.

Summarizing stuff in the neighbourhood now.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:02 am

Post by BNL »

At the start of the game, I asked him if was scumreading TTH, soon after he switched to Elyse. His response was that that was never true, he just didn't like TTH's posting.

He also expressed suspicion on me then, based on setup spec. He said it was highly unlikely that after Micro 597 with two town neighbours there, the neighbourhood will be all town here. He's wrong on this though. He also threatened to out the neighbourhood for lack of engagement with him and my perceived buddying of him. I thus asked him several questions about the game (trimmed here; if anybody wants them I can post them), but unanswered.

Most of the rest of the Day was about Postie. We both townread her from when I stated my townread on her. But then, I started casting doubt on her and told FA about it. He replied that he couldn't see Postie acting the way she was as scum, and he thought her pushed were genuine even if he disagreed with them. When asked about her read progression regarding Aristo, he agreed it was bad, but not from a scum mindset. He also disagreed on white knighting being scummy.

I later asked him about Elyse and Aristo; he said both were in his lynchpool but he'd rather lynch Elyse.

I tried asking him more about Postie near the flip, but those questions were ignored.

His last post was that he was townreading me, but he was annoyed at me poking him. His lynch order was GuiltyLion, then Aristophanes. I tried asking him why lynch them in that order (while I'd have preferred Ari first), but it was ignored. Then he died.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:06 am

Post by BNL »

In post 565, Wingback wrote:You claiming ascetic makes sense if you don't want potential investigatives on you. Why in the world would you as a vig claim ascetic? I suppose you may not have wanted to be roleblocked but that's something that applies to every PR in every game so it's nothing unusual. You had no reason to believe scum would roleblock you specifically.
This whole post+push is horrible. And especially this quoted part... What? I have a hard time making sense of it.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:15 am

Post by BNL »

Wait, now that I think about it - Fire was the only one who had a scumread on Elyse, right?
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:17 am

Post by BNL »

Oh and me too, early game; that has died down long ago and I have been gut townreading her.
GTKAS - BNL

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:25 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I suspected as much. The claim and summary of PT events reinforce the read.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 591, BNL wrote:Wait, now that I think about it - Fire was the only one who had a scumread on Elyse, right?
He wasn't scumreading me at the end of the day.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

okay so it seems like no one is opposed to a Wingback lynch, how much more do we need to discuss today? I'll probably shoot BNL if Wingback is town but that's by virtue of everyone else looking
even more
town
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:24 am

Post by Wingback »

Whoa, stop with the complacency. I have no idea if the remaining scum is BNL and I'm actually very concerned about both Elyse and TTH. Lynch me if you really want but give me the fourteen days to deadline while I go through the game and compile my thoughts. I'll be doing this in bits and pieces over the next few days.

I'm fine getting lynched but I don't want us to lose the game because everyone's really confident its "one of Wingback or BNL, lynch through them and we win" and don't actually take time to thoroughly read every player. If Elyse or TTH are scum, they've been playing pretty well. If that's the case, even if you successfully kill BNL, assuming scum shoot you, we'll have a Duppin/Elyse/TTH lylo which would be a pretty tough one to figure out. If for whatever reason the kill fails, I assume BNL would be "auto-lynched." Great if he's scum, auto-loss if he's not.

So, let's try and slow down a bit here.
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:46 am

Post by The Show Must Go On »

<->
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On