Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Skold »

Anybody who hammers this without int and a later role claim is a scumclaim. Unless Vecna refuses to claim and remains a sheep which I would not find unlikely.
ps: Someone int this because if Vecna is a troll town PR (don't find it likely but weirder things have happened) we need to know sooner rather than later.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Skold »

In post 297, thenewearth wrote:yeah fuck it

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Vecna

L-1 or hammer whatever IDC VC plz
Is this cause you're bored or did you change your mind. I think this swap is kinda weird given the last few posts you made.
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:58 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 301, Skold wrote:Is this cause you're bored or did you change your mind.
A bit of the former and more of the later

e is still top fucking priority but that's not happening today

And Vecna and Harry are really interchangable so I just adjusted accordingly
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:59 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 300, Skold wrote:Anybody who hammers this without int and a later role claim is a scumclaim.
You know you couldn't have said this and kinda had a better chance of finding scum you know

Goes for really interesting hammer analysis
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:01 am

Post by rb »

What Earth just said. It's nice that you want to make me feel less concerned but it's nicer to catch scum. I'd rather you prioritized catching scum over me feeling nice about stuff.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:03 am

Post by thenewearth »

then again it kiiiinda solidified my townread with skold (???)

Verification needed
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:04 am

Post by thenewearth »

Or actually

Hmmmmm... That's an interesting post you made there
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:11 am

Post by rb »

@Earth, how come you were townreading Skold?
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Skold »

I've done nothing this entire game that scum couldn't have easily done and I'm not sure I like any townreads on me. Vecna and e_is_cool are very easy wagons for scum to go on. Nacho isn't much more difficult to view as scum when you look at his ISO. Even with my limited experience as scum these are the wagons I would have taken because they are sensible wagons. The only town read I do like is whoever (I need to check now it comes to my mind) said that scum is more likely to be in the inactive camp because it's easier to hide there than be active right now. I don't think it's convincing but I like it from a town perspective.

And on the Hammer theory - newbie town can do very silly things without being told not to. The first couple times someone I thought was scum was L-1 in my newbie games the first thing I thought of was hammering them. Now that it's out there it's very unlikely we will have a pre-mature hammer but there are other reasons I'd rather give newbs the chance to pause. But I will consider in games outside of newbie queue giving scum the chance to slipup.
Pedit: Sometimes I speak to much. +1 this.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:20 am

Post by Skold »

that was rb 241 that said that btw.
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:32 am

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

We still have 3 more days guys - can you let me have at least 1.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Skold »

Unvote:

Fair 'nuff
e_is_cool
e_is_cool
Townie
e_is_cool
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:23 am

Post by e_is_cool »

In post 285, Skold wrote:
In post 275, thenewearth wrote:Lynch Priority is: e > harry > Nacho > Vecna
I can take an E lynch and a Vecna lynch and if it's Nacho or nothing I'll bite that bullet
but I do want to see much more from Nacho before the 15th. But I'm not lynching Harry. Nothing he says seems to come from a scummy perspective, the WIFOM nonsense isn't even a case worth mentioning but I'll give it it's due here and overall I see him as town.
ps: I want to start lynching on the 15th because that gives us actual time to let less active people actually vote before the day is done. I don't want a no lynch because no showers didn't vote a lynch-able target.
So, you're willing to jump on whatever lynch there is? Sounds pretty bandwagon-y. And scummy too.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Skold »

I'm willing to lynch anybody yes. That's kind of how D1 works. No lynch D1 does kinda suck. Also I've stated reasons for wanting you dead already. Just on a lower priority than Vecna.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Anyone who doesn't want a D1 lynch is scummier
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 272, Skold wrote:You won't do it before, before the end of the day? So at 11:59 pm? Or do you mean the game day? Where did I ask for a full reads list? I'm hella confused by that post.
You asked for reads. I'll give a reads list before the end of the game day, which should satisfy your request for reads.
In post 272, Skold wrote:I still don't buy that town wouldn't even do a little scumhunting independent of this argument.
E did do a little scumhunting outside of the excessive self-defense in his attacks on TNE and his attacks on Dirty Harry.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 273, Skold wrote:BTW: I remember why I remember you Nacho. You were in Choose Your Own Role mafia. I'm off to read that now.
I imagine you didn't draw any definitive conclusions. :]
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 275, thenewearth wrote:Nacho's fence sitting is actually really stupid as fuck

Also if Vecna is actually town then he's the worse lynch bait ever

Lynch Priority is: e > harry > Nacho > Vecna
I haven't actually "fence sat".
My preference for a lynch is Vecna. I disagree with your e case and I explained why. Why didn't you respond?
In post 277, Errantparabola wrote:Nacho, e has expressed concern about something that you posted, multiple times. Do you know what it is? Are you consciously ignoring it (which, by the way, I can understand why you'd do that if you're town) or did you miss it (which I can also understand)? If I'm missing your response to this, please point me to where you responded?
I'm ignoring it. I understand the point he's driving at (I mentioned that I'd be more likely to bus and thus maybe could go against it), but the reasons I'm more likely to bus after bringing up that specific meta are more complicated than "I said I don't bus, thus the value of bussing increases". I'm guessing you caught onto that and that's why you're okay with me ignoring it as town?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'll be back in the morning.

thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 317, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm ignoring it.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Post by Skold »

In post 284, Skold wrote:Nacho,
e
has expressed concern about something that you posted, multiple times. Do you know what it is? Are you consciously ignoring it (which, by the way, I can understand why you'd do that if you're town) or did you miss it (which I can also understand)? If I'm missing your response to this, please point me to where you responded?
I thought this was addressed at me. Sorry for saying you haven't read the thread parabola. I'm taking like half the day or something till I post again and start making some damn sense.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:00 pm

Post by Vecna »

Alright I guess it is about time to put an end to my reaction test. although there finally has come some response to my playstyle in the last few pages, i'm still fairly disappointed by the overall response that it has gathered. Not a lot of thought or discussion went into any votes that were coming my way, although I guess with this type of baiting its somewhat understandable.

TLDR explanation as to "Vecna whyyyy": I like unusual strategies and I like to analyze the way people respond to it. In nearly all my games I play where I try this it usually results in some proper scum baiting and I get a lot better reads of the scum team as a result. I like to think I usually do a reasonable job in deducing the insincerity in people their votes, and separate the town motivated pressure from the scum looking for an easy lynch. Besides the reads, its usually a good tactic to avoid the NK since scum are less likely to NK a higher likelyhood lynch candidate. I do not like dying too much in these games, and living on the edge is usually the best way to avoid it.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Post by Vecna »

My #1 scumread based on what I have seen and the reactions I have gotten so far is Thenewearth. The way he is playing screams scum with louder volume than anyone else in this game so far.

Overall impression: Trying to stay under the radar - not due to the ammount of messages but the content of them, not willing to really commit to providing us with proper reads or reasoning for his actions (except for E, for which his voting reasoning is pretty shoddy overall), feels like he just wants to get a mislynch but without pushing for anyone in particular or getting the blame afterwards, doesnt try to convince anyone to vote for his top scumreads, but instead just switches to the easiest vote.

Posts that lead me to this overall picture:
-His early posts (29, 42, 44) all focusing on E with pretty crappy reasons. Fair enough, it was early
-174, quoting all the defenses done by E and trying to frame them as scummy. Isnt a person trying to defend themselves towny in your opinion?
-Tons and tons of filler posts that don't contribute anything, or just tell us he's gone for a while (the irony of me pointing this out is huge, yes I know). 42, 77, 155, 226, 230, 233, 239, 242

So far this doesnt sum up to much, but he's either tunneling on this guy all game or making filler posts. However,

-Refusal to give any townreads all throughout the game (with the expection of skold at one point, with no reasons provided). This I find very peculiar. Not wanting to limit lynch targets for the next day? Not wanting to contradict himself if later on he suddenly wants to lynch one of his earlier townreads? As town, I find it always is very pro-town to share your thought patterns and reasoning for things with others, however he refuses to do this throughout his game so far.

Then he starts making statements defending me and going against my lynch.
-This is seen in 275, 288, 291, 292

In my experience this is very often done by mafia when they know someone is going to flip town when lynched. They start defending him so when the lynch does go through they can get on with the "hammer analyzing" (he already refers to this in post 303) and get another town mislynch out of it with proper pressure so scum can get an easy auto-win. RB actually did this quite efficiently in my last game for example.

He even states there are three other people on higher priority for lynch then me.

HOWEVER....then it appears he realizes there's too much opposition to my lynch and he suddenly changes his mind. Maybe his partner was getting too much pressure so he needs to add support to another wagon? Maybe he's afraid his mislynch is in jeopardy? I dont know the reasoning, but I find it shoddy as fuck.

Even though he repeatedly stated my lynch is bad, theres better targets, suddenly he changes his vote on me with the only justification "Fuck it".

VOTE: Thenewearth
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Post by thenewearth »

>Reaction test

LMAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

no
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by Vecna »

My #1 townread so far is RB. I played with him last game and his playstyle this game is a complete 180 from last game. I dont think this current new playstyle is something he could easily fake. Last game all he did was tunnel, tunnel, tunnel on one person. This game he actually plays very different, and is hunting, investigating and questioning in nearly every post. He plays exactly how ive seen tons of people play town and I feel its pretty hard to fake this effectively.

The way he reacted to me, and my weird sheepish behaviour is pretty much how I expect he would respond to me as scum. He also properly identified that my playstyle is completely different from what I did last game as town, and that it is suspicious (as it should be from his pov).

Having said that, I do find it odd that there was very few "standard" mafia response to my playstyle that Ive seen in the past. Ill need to do some further digging, looking for people that appeared amused or just completely ignored it. Mafia should find it useful that im being a distraction, or just be happy that im an easy mislynch for town.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”