Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:21 am

Post by Accountant »

Why is mcat scum
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:23 am

Post by xSoniaNevermindx »

In post 1324, JarJarDrinks wrote:Why wouldn't u look @ who you replaced?
Because I'd be bias on their posts trying to find a reason that post is towny if I find a post scummy I want to point out why even if it's the person I replaced
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 1.22

Xkfyu (3):
MURDERCAT, JaeReed, xSoniaNevermindx
Tam (2):
Bacde, Accountant
evilpacman18 (2):
Xkfyu, JarJarDrinks
xSoniaNevermindx (1):
Tam
Accountant (1):
iraonavp

Not Voting (3):
Sonrio, evilpacman18, Impoetic

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-07-18 18:00:00)
Last edited by Nahdia on Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:25 am

In post 1325, Accountant wrote:Why is mcat scum
Mcat is saying a lot of statements that other people have already stated or saying a lot with very little meaning behind it you have to remember people can just sit and be like "what would be a towny post to say" and then type that but I feel like mcat and w/e that guys name was I forget atm were trying to weakly start a bw the vote was a huge thing where the context of it was "I'm gonna vote you until you answer my question" but mcat's not gonna unvote is he : )

(Keep in mind I am on page 20 and have no idea what's going on 30 pages on so I should prob go back to re reading)
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1321, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 1298, evilpacman18 wrote:SORRY I AM AT A PLACE WITH NO INTERNET FOR DAYS
I'll do some phone reading
If you do nothing else, answer this:
In post 1236, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 953, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 591, Accountant wrote:
In post 589, evilpacman18 wrote:
In post 587, I Am Innocent wrote: Good luck town
LOL way to screw over whoever comes into this slot
are you subtly implying this is a scumtell and if so why
Was wondering this too. Please answer Pac.
would like to point out that pac keeps ignoring this.
Okay, I was wondering the same thing as you guys myself when I first caught up, but now I'm curious: why is it so important? Is there some widespread tell on mafiascum that's associated with it? Or what?

The first thing I thought of in this line of thought was that it made evil and my slot look like a team :'( but that probably isn't right actually. Now I just dk

also what exactly is a mason? I thought there was only one mason that had to visit at night to recruit more, but I take it that's not how the role works on this site. :good: :innocent:
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Impoetic »

ok now THAT post was a LAMIST.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:18 am

Post by Impoetic »

fwiw I didn't do that either until like halfway through lol. If you go immediately back to rereading, it's easy to miss, and it's not like it's the first thing on your mind.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:19 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1329, Impoetic wrote:also what exactly is a mason? I thought there was only one mason that had to visit at night to recruit more, but I take it that's not how the role works on this site. :innocent:
Is that your way of saying that you two are not Masons?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:23 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1326, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:
Because I'd be bias on their posts trying to find a reason that post is towny if I find a post scummy I want to point out why even if it's the person I replaced
Wait what? Why? You will know the role of that person anyway, so why do you need to point out scumtells from them? I mean, I guess I get wanting to have a better idea whether others' reads are legitimate. OK. Is that it? It's unclear from your post, at least to me.
In post 1317, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:
In post 355, evilpacman18 wrote:
In post 297, Tam wrote:OK, this is my first game in yeeeeears and I got sick this weekend...something about ribs, sun and tequila? Anyhow, I think I beat the deadline. I dunno. I'm confused. The timer I was sent has expired, but I have a message saying midnight tonight...but not sure which timezone at midnight. I am in the U.S.- Central time, so it is 7:30 (or 19:30, whatever floats your boat) here.

Sorry about the delay...I am on page 8 so far. Just wanted to check in!

Out of curiosity- there seems to be an awful lot of people jumping around pointing fingers really early on- but really meaning it, not just to speed things along for clues...is this typical nowadays? It used to be a mafia warning sign...
Wow, can't say I have a join date from 2003 but I might be a bit too old school for this group myself. Been getting scum read just for trying to be patient and actually develop my reads lol.
Morning everyone I will keep on re reading and I have not look at any of your comments so when I catch up ask me anything but let me start with ^ bad line (this is post 355) trying to use a very weak defense/type of ate
what are you even talking about? It just seems like fluff to me.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1332, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 1329, Impoetic wrote:also what exactly is a mason? I thought there was only one mason that had to visit at night to recruit more, but I take it that's not how the role works on this site. :innocent:
Is that your way of saying that you two are not Masons?
Did I not add the line explaining how I considered pretending we were, in the end? We are not masons, but this question took me by surprise, so I was unsure if I should answer it or not.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:26 am

Post by Impoetic »

I really TR'd Sonrio at first, and now less so. I trust Sonia's townslip though, probably.

Why d'you ask? You promised to explain. <3
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Impoetic »

I'm sorry I'm so completely useless and out of (scum)reads this game :((((( something's wrong with me
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1335, Impoetic wrote:I trust Sonia's townslip though, probably.
Where was his townslip?
In post 1335, Impoetic wrote:Why d'you ask? You promised to explain. <3
It's coming.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1337, Xkfyu wrote:
Where was his townslip?
Her townslip was in not knowing who her predecessor was. I doubt she'd fake that, and I think she would probably know if she was subbed into a maf slot -- wouldn't the name be mentioned in the mafia meeting?

I guess it's a weak townslip. What do you think?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Impoetic »

Weak because she said she intentionally didn't look at it, but even so... eh.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:36 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1329, Impoetic wrote:The first thing I thought of in this line of thought was that it made evil and my slot look like a team
Yup. That's what it looks like.

If pac flips red then ur probably next. And it sucks for you since it was through no fault of ur own.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Impoetic »

wow that's funny I thought if I were lynched it'd totally be my fault for being a lameass who couldn't stick to any SRs this game (or any game) lmao

but I don't think that makes sense. Wouldn't pacman be more likely to say that in the mafia chat (which is open throughout the day), if it were genuine, and not want to point out anything he thought was scummy in his partner? idk
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Impoetic »

that said I don't know that pacman's scum so it's w/e

I'd like him to answer too
Sonrio
Sonrio
Goon
Sonrio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:55 am

Post by Sonrio »

lmao @ the mason question
why is [img] off what bullshit this forum is
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1338, Impoetic wrote:
In post 1337, Xkfyu wrote:
Where was his townslip?
Her townslip was in not knowing who her predecessor was. I doubt she'd fake that, and I think she would probably know if she was subbed into a maf slot -- wouldn't the name be mentioned in the mafia meeting?

I guess it's a weak townslip. What do you think?
Oh, I actually read "Sonia" as "Sonrio," so that's who I thought you were actually talking about.

Anyways, about Sonia's "townslip," she would obviously know that she subbed into a mafia slot. She would have received a role card from Nahdia, upon replacing in, and probably would have had to confirm her role by replying to the PM, just like we had to do at the beginning of the game. Like you probably also had to do when you replaced in.

Now, that doesn't mean that she didn't know who her predecessor was. My first game on site, I replaced into a scum slot in a newbie game as the vote leader (like, at page 10 or something), and I actually did the exact same thing. There had been 3 people in my slot before me, and I think another couple of slots had been replaced, so it was hard to catch up and keep track of who was who. I actually ended up scum reading a couple of my predecessors pretty hard. I didn't actually quote any posts and say why they were scummy, but I did comment on how scummy they had been and no wonder that I was at L-2 (or whatever it was).

So, it's entirely possible that she isn't faking, and she's still scum. However, 2 minutes after she claimed a scum read on herself, she still "wonders" if she is scum reading her own slot, which is plenty of time to go look and correct herself.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Ok here's my explanation for the Mason question:

First off, we have an IC, so I fairly sure that a Mason group doesn't exist. Otherwise, we would have the opportunity to have 3 confirmed town in D1, which is pretty ridiculous. And even if they are Masons, and I out them, then we have 3 confirmed town on D1, which is pretty ridiculous. So, there was really wasn't any risk involved. That's the reason I went ahead and asked them.

Secondly, let's remember that Impoetic replaced I Am Innocent, and Sonrio replaced Town Mafioso

It may help to have these two links open while you read this
IAI + TM ISO
TM + Impoetic + Sonrio ISO

Spoiler: Posts for reference. Please read. I kept them as brief as possible
- , in isolation, could very easily be explained away simply by saying it was RVS and they were just joking around, but let's continue.

: IAI sheeping TM. Again, still in RVS so probably not that big a deal yet.

: TM town redas IAI for...some reason.

: TM states a town read on IAI again, but claims it is weak.

: (Notice the EBWOP in ) Impoetic mentions, and makes a flippant joke about TM. I really don't get the impression that this was just a random mention from someone who had just replaced in.

: Impoetic states a "townish lean" on TM.

: Impoetic is concerned with people no longer townreading TM.

: Sonrio jokingly makes an excuse to not read Impoetic at the time.

: Impoetic town reads Sonrio's post? And it's a bit too over-explainy.

: A pretty ridiculous post from Impoetic about why she's town reading Sonrio.

: Much of the same from Impoetic here.

: "and I would be lynched myself as soon as I let you guys lynch Sonrio d1." Either Impoetic knows Sonrio is town, or she really really wants us to town read him.

: Impoetic has Sonrio in her "not going to consider lynching" pile.

- : Useless banter between Impoetic and Sonrio.

- : More banter.

Impoetic's and Sonrio's reads have been equally non-committal, even to the point that they are still both not voting anyone.

So, I really feel like the two slots are connected in this game. If it was just Impoetic and Sonrio, then I could just chalk it up to them having a history outside of this game (which is why I asked about that previously), but there are posts that link the two slots, even before they both replaced in.

They have been acting as though they aren't concerned about each other's alignment at all, but it hasn't felt at all like normal scum/scum interactions. So, like I said, my initial thought was that they are Masons, but I just couldn't see a Mason group and an IC in a game like this. So, I think they are actually scum together. At the very least, I'd say that Impoetic is scum and she knows that Sonrio is town.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Impoetic »

no we genuinely aren't connected -- at least on my side -- and if anything you should be thinking one is buddying the other before thinking they're maf togehter.

My EBWOP was because I accidentally called "Town Mafioso" "MafiaScum", and my entrance was because I thought he was being unfair to Bacde, with whom I also have a history. There are actually about 3 people I have a history with in this game, aside from the host -- Bacde, Sonrio, and SoniaNevermind.

I see how you could think that we're connected though. O_O
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1345, Xkfyu wrote:So, I think they are actually scum together. At the very least, I'd say that Impoetic is scum and she knows that Sonrio is town.
lol I hadn't read this part

no.

First of all, mafia don't buddy like that d1? It's weird behavior. Weirder than just one maf successfully buddying the other. Secondly, I didn't pick up on IAI and Mafioso being buddies, and you'll just have to take my word for it when I say I wouldn't have as scum either unless it was specifically pointed out to me by my mafia partners or something.

Anyway, my point is it's stupid to jump to the conclusion we're mafia together just because we're overly buddy-buddy. Sure, there's wifom, but I have a policy that, as scum, any "WIFOM" that puts a thought or connection into people's minds that would not otherwise be there is very, very bad usage of wifom. This is a reasonable policy and you should be perfectly able to see why I would have it and believe me about it.

Besides that, I really do have a history with Sonrio, and we were even in the same newbie game previously. Here, I'll link it: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p8112864

If you look, you'll see that we buddied that game, at first. Admittedly, I was mafia then, but IIRC, Sonrio singled me out for someone who would be towny before I even entered the game. OK, so it was a bad example because I flipped scum, but it's there and you can see that we weren't mafia together.

I don't know Sonrio's alignment and I doubted myself when he responded (or rather, refused to respond) to the questions about his reads and when he tried to explain his read on tam, but I DID think his entrance was towny at the time and idk how no one else sees that. :(
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Impoetic »

Also, I was probably specifically trying to be more assertive because I know I have not been this game and I'm pissed at myself for it.
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:44 am

I don't know if this will help clear things up or not but let me try and tell you what I'm thinking about

So I replaced someone and I have no idea who that is and I don't know if you guys thought he/she was scummy or towny so my answer will be to read everyone and give my thoughts on scummy/towny posts because if I knew who I replaced I would try to make up a answer for why every post they say is towny even if it looks bad

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”