Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:14 am

Post by RAM »

In post 2759, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2297, RAM wrote:
In post 1776, Tim wrote:I don't exactly care for Kuroi but WT's post voting him is both hypocritical and in general just feels like latching on to an easy target by throwing the kitchen sink at him (not that there's much to throw since Kuroi had basically 0 content)
Oh, okay. AD I see why you hi me.

Apparently I missed a lot of people already picking up on this. Happy about this. But this is pretty much how I feel ^
Because there's no point in me arguing the same point over and over again and them responding the same way. It's like hitting a brick wall with nails trying to punch a hole in it.

The "said contradiction" is not a contradiction at all. Like; here's a run down of all hydras in this game (minus the one that has been dissolved):

Spoiler:
Antihero + TellTaleHeart:
One finished game with Anti, no previous experience with Tell. It doesn't matter to me which of them is posting because I have no scum/town tells of either. It's what they say and how they say it regardless.

SirCakez + beeboy + Heat:
One finished game with Heat, several with each of SC & beeboy. Will have to pay attention to what they say no matter which of them is posting to get a read, as there are no special traits known to ME about their scum/town play. Either of them, actually, but I feel like I can -maybe- read beeboy more on tone.

ABR + EP + Nahdia:
2 finished games with Nahdia (one of each alignment) and I don't see a difference in her play as either alignment. 1 finished game with EP where I was scum and thought he was on the other scum team, and one finished with ABR where we were on eachother's throats on D1 before we became best friends and totally trusted eachother. (I know you know the details here, but I'm writing for everyone else as well).

Iecerint + ActionDan:
Never played with either, so I have no meta to judge by.

Nero Cain + Yume:
2 or 3 finished games with Nero, probably one with Yume (and I don't even remember which one). However, me and Nero are always head-butting even if we were both town (never seen his scum game, and neither did he see mine although he might argue differently).

Frozen + Fire:
Many finished game with each, and I even have a history with Frozen that extends before I joined MS, so I have no problem getting a read on either of them (sometimes I'm off, but then things work themselves out later on). Doesn't matter who's posting.

Bins + Drixx + Cerberus v666:
I don't even recognize the name of Bins, never played with Drixx, and have 2 finished games with Cerb in which he was town and died relatively early. Again I will have to rely on what's being said rather than who said it.

Now the ONLY exception to the general rule would be regarding the
LQ + Suzune
hydra, bc I have no finished games with LQ but I did see Suzune as both alignments and believe her to be relatively easier for me to read than LQ. That's and EXCEPTION, not a CONTRADICTION.
Uh. Okay, this might just be me being dumb again, but what the hell are you talking about? Like what is this in response to? The quoted post? I don't see how this has anything to do with what I was saying? But then you said something later that makes me assume you aren't trying to tell me this... so uh, why?

Or were you responding to someone else and just using my post as reference on how you thought Cerb said that?

Just a lil' confused.

~ Bins
No Retreat
No Retreat
Goon
No Retreat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:15 am

Post by No Retreat »

In post 2818, MathBlade wrote:maybe a cult faction.
this is also a confirmed cult game

pls reread like...EVERYTHING
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 2802, Klingoncelt wrote:
I have changed my mind on Kuroi and Expedience. I still have Kuroi on my Scum list, but
he''s not paired with Expedience, WT, and No Retreat.
He's on a different team.
In post 2804, Expedience wrote:
In post 2793, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 2466, rb wrote:
Kuroi still looks like the counterwagon to Wayward.

VOTE: Vote: Wayward Thinker[/vote ]
this
And how the fuck can you have Kuroi on your scum list if you're saying this?

You're just making it up as you go along.

VOTE: Klingoncelt
I really wonder what goes on in that head of yours.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2824, No Retreat wrote:
In post 2822, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2820, No Retreat wrote:I don't really think the 5 factions things in the op flavor really has anything to do with the factions in this game.
Your faction is your wincon. They are not public information.

^^ This is from Mastin's setup posts.

You sure about that?
yes I know that, not really seeing where you are getting 5 factions from that though.
In post 2, mastin2 wrote:Yet a fifth faction
there's this but I would think it would just be flavor

*bangs head against wall*

Seriously? Do you think that the moderator would tell us that faction = win con and then have number of wincon a be flavor?

Like what you are saying is fifth faction =flavor, faction = wincon, using the substitution property one gets fifth wincon = flavor. Wincon is never flavor.

No retreat pretty much has to be town for this derp tell. Would be shocked if they were scum.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2826, No Retreat wrote:
In post 2818, MathBlade wrote:maybe a cult faction.
this is also a confirmed cult game

pls reread like...EVERYTHING
Confirmed cult doesn't mean they are not in their own faction. It is highly probable they are yes. But Mastin only guaranteed a cult. This could mean that multiple teams have recruiting powers especially because of non human race stuff in the first post. This could be the "cult" that mastin was referring to.

Now it is highly probable that they are. But it is not required. I don't see this setup with three scum teams anyway.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2827, Nosferatu wrote:
I have changed my mind on Kuroi and Expedience. I still have Kuroi on my Scum list, but
In post 2466, rb wrote:

this

I wonder for you too. Please share with the class.
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:29 am

Post by RAM »

Okay, I did some ISO-ing.

Kuroi is still not giving me anything.
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:30 am

Post by RAM »

In post 2817, Wayward Thinker wrote:
In post 2808, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 2791, Wayward Thinker wrote:

These two things conflict. You say you know that these three people are Scum, which is lawl, cuz I think we are all town, but before that you say "don't expect to be impressed before day 3." So either your reads are shit here and you are telling the truth about having a good game by day 3 or you're reads are right (but they aren't) and you are impressing us right now with your for sure scum reads day 1. So which is it? Should we trust your Scum reads now or are these reads shit now?
You're right.

I usually can't get it together until Day 3.

But once in a while, it's like it was handed to me on a silver platter.

You, Expedience, and No Retreat have interacted as a team. A Scum team.

I am 100% sure of this.
You guys here that? She's 100% sure.

I want this dead more than anything right now.
I hate this post more than anything right now.

VOTE: Wayward Thinker

I finally feel something from this slot and it is... not good. This wagon composition/formation is also a lot better than the Kuroi wagon.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:31 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 2830, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2466, rb wrote:

this

scum can form a counterwagon on another scum without knowing? The important thing is that they're not lynching one of their buddies? Fucking incredible notion amirite?
last.fm
gtkas
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:33 am

Post by RAM »

In post 2833, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 2830, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2466, rb wrote:

this

scum can form a counterwagon on another scum without knowing? The important thing is that they're not lynching one of their buddies? Fucking incredible notion amirite?
Also gets super fucky with association tells and buddying and bussing. Which is exciting.
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:33 am

Post by RAM »

You could probably convince me to vote Expe too now, lmfao. The "out there" argument in my head is no longer holding up to justify bad logic.

But I'll save that for later, my VLA starts soon.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

Oh I don't disagree with the notion or the possibility. What I want to see is your reads on the game as a whole. Not just shoot off a post or two and disappear.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

^^ That was at Nosferatu
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:34 am

Post by RAM »

Klingon : I believe 2804 is correct, and you never made any post connecting Expedience to Kuroi. What do you mean when you say you changed your mind about them, given that you had never shared an opinion regarding a connection between those slots?

-Cerb
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2811, copper223 wrote:
In post 2806, Expedience wrote:Also I skimmed her ISO in BLOODBORNE MAFIA and she had good tone, so there goes the only reservation I had about the slot.
What does this mean?
It means that I liked Klingoncelt's confidence this game (that's why I was initially townreading her). But I checked her ISO in BLOODBORNE MAFIA, a recently completed game in which Klingoncelt was scum, and saw similar kinds of posting.
In post 2821, RAM wrote:
In post 2806, Expedience wrote:Also I skimmed her ISO in BLOODBORNE MAFIA and she had good tone, so there goes the only reservation I had about the slot.
Okay. So let me get this straight. You ISO'd Klingon for tone, but you didn't bother to ISO me when you claimed I was using CAPS too much to look fake? Or you know using a too emotion heavy tone? Two things you had valid reason to meta me for... but you didn't? YOU CAN EASILY CHECK MY META AND SEE HOW WRONG YOU ARE. Everything you're saying is something I do as toooooooown.

This is ridonkculous, Expe. I can't believe you argued I was scum because of CAPS still. Then you ISO someone else's game, but you didn't both to see how stupid you were being about me.

@Copper — what's with the total 180 read on us?

~ Bins
This post almost reads as sarcastic, that's how fake it is.

I cbf checking meta usually but in Klingoncelt's case it conflicted with my other read. Why do you care still?

Obviously the capitalization wasn't the main thing, but at the time really that was the best way I could explain it. The fact that you latch onto that clearly weak reason is also telling.
In post 2466, rb wrote:

this

Saying that Kuroi is the counterwagon to Wayward implies that Kuroi is town in the way that phrase is usually used.
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:39 am

Post by RAM »

In post 2839, Expedience wrote:This post almost reads as sarcastic, that's how fake it is.

I cbf checking meta usually but in Klingoncelt's case it conflicted with my other read. Why do you care still?

Obviously the capitalization wasn't the main thing, but at the time really that was the best way I could explain it. The fact that you latch onto that clearly weak reason is also telling.
I latch on to it because I'm super frustrated with you thinking you have a legit reason to have a scumread on me. You could say "gut" and I would be fine. And I would accept and then just be like "Okay, his gut sucks." but instead you wish-wash and try to find reasons and have elaborate ways of explaining the inflections in my posting that don't exist.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 2836, MathBlade wrote:Oh I don't disagree with the notion or the possibility. What I want to see is your reads on the game as a whole. Not just shoot off a post or two and disappear.
I want to stay but it's discouraging when everytime I come back it's another 20 pages. I'm over 60 pages behind right now and I could probably catch up, but it would take a lot of time that I don't really wanna spend. Especially not when I'd had to outpace the rest of you guys, and while I could speedread, my reads wouldn't develop from it and it would make it useless. It's very demotivating tbh.

VOTE: WT

expe wagon is dying for some reason, and this was a close second for me.
last.fm
gtkas
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:44 am

Post by copper223 »

Math is right about the 5 factions, that is obviously the case and RB gets scum points for trying to cast doubt on it.

@Expe
So you are saying she has good tone as scum?

What I am getting is that rude Kling is more likely to be town Kling, that is likely what she means about Titus lying about her meta.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2841, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 2836, MathBlade wrote:Oh I don't disagree with the notion or the possibility. What I want to see is your reads on the game as a whole. Not just shoot off a post or two and disappear.
I want to stay but it's discouraging when everytime I come back it's another 20 pages. I'm over 60 pages behind right now and I could probably catch up, but it would take a lot of time that I don't really wanna spend. Especially not when I'd had to outpace the rest of you guys, and while I could speedread, my reads wouldn't develop from it and it would make it useless. It's very demotivating tbh.

Why was that wagon a close second? I can understand being demotivated and I am trying to work with people to fix that but if you have a first read and a second read then explain why.

And if a wagon is dying on a wagon you think is scum you should be explaining why.
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:51 am

Post by RAM »

Mathblade: where did you get the idea that KC was connecting Kuroi and Expedience? I looked at her ISO and didn't see any sign of that....

-Cerb
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2842, copper223 wrote:Math is right about the 5 factions, that is obviously the case and RB gets scum points for trying to cast doubt on it.

@Expe
Yes, that's what I said.
What I am getting is that rude Kling is more likely to be town Kling, that is likely what she means about Titus lying about her meta.
Maybe? She wasn't very rude in BLOODBORNE MAFIA, but she was at times kind of snappy / blunt in a way that I would usually associate with town. I did find a counterexample in another game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p7455498.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Nosferatu »

MathBlade wrote:

Why was that wagon a close second? I can understand being demotivated and I am trying to work with people to fix that but if you have a first read and a second read then explain why.

And if a wagon is dying on a wagon you think is scum you should be explaining why.
idk what you mean by a first read? or a second?
last.fm
gtkas
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2842, copper223 wrote:Math is right about the 5 factions, that is obviously the case and RB gets scum points for trying to cast doubt on it.

@Expe

RB? Do you mean no retreat? If not please explain?

Pedit:

Ram I confused pronouns explained in 2815.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:57 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2846, Nosferatu wrote:
MathBlade wrote:

idk what you mean by a first read? or a second?
You obviously have enough of a read of the game state to have a priority in player lynches

You said so yourself when moving to WT. Therefore I would expect you to post reasons why you think that slot is scum other than just they are your second choice.

First read = top scumread in that context.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:58 am

Post by copper223 »

Yes I mean no retreat.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”