Micro 621: Mafia in Rarefaction (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:19 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.02Fire Assassin (3) - shaddowez, xyzzy, Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia (0) -
RachMarie

shaddowez (0) -
Not_Mafia

Not Voting (4) - Fire Assassin, Ms Marangal, RedCoyote, RachMarie

With 7 votes, it will take 4 to reach majority.

The deadline is Thursday, July 28, 2016, at 1:00 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2016-07-28 13:00:00).[/area]
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:02 am

Post by RachMarie »

work deadline tomorrow will post more after I get this report finished for a client.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 423, RedCoyote wrote: I'm considering it. I'm also concerned about Rach. NM hasn't brought as much to the table as I'd have hoped either. and read a bit concocted.
That's my current lynch pool as well. Unless Mars is lurking her way to victory, I'm fairly confident we win if we lynch {FA, NM, Rach}
In post 424, RachMarie wrote:What is your concern Red I feel like we need more time to discuss things before hammering my other scum read.

I doubt anyone is convinced about NM being maf, especially since shad is pushing a town read on him.

And other than the whole vote thing most of what I have on NM is gut i don't have a nice neat logical case on him like I want.
Where do you get the idea I'm town reading NM? I'm null reading him at best. I'm just pointing out that your argument is practically invalid. If you're town, you're tunneling and confbiasing.which aren't helping anything.
V/LA on Weekends
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

Shaddowez you want to comment on my previous post pls?

I am still curious on Rach reads in general, they seem to be low level and just players not participating much.

I see no one even attempting to read Ms Marangral and that makes me suspicious of them in general. The fact no comments seems odd to me.

If I had to decide right now it would be Shaddowez and Marangral.

I see Rach as possible VI, pushing bad reads.
Not Mafia is actually taking stances and seems to have some kind of thought process? I really can't read that guy, ill say its townie cause its not outright anti town.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:07 am

Post by xyzzy »

I think based on the relatively small response to Fire Assassin being at L-1, if Fire Assassin is town, at least one of shaddowez or Not_Mafia is scum.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:19 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 428, Fire Assassin wrote:Shaddowez you want to comment on my previous post pls?
Sorry - actually meant to, but wanted to wait until I wasn't phone posting.
In post 415, Fire Assassin wrote:I would rather not go into why i was "defensive" there, since i have heard a lot of bullock claims of game throwing in my days of playing and its kind of a offense I don't like anyone mindlessly throwing out without consideration. But disregarding that.
I'd be interested in knowing more of what you're talking about here, but that can wait until post-game if need be.
Why do you think i was saying "I do this as scum so I am not scum here"? That wasn't the point at all, my point was it can come from either alignment, not that I just do it as scum and me pointing it out makes me town, or some variation. I am saying what isn't indicative of anything so shouldn't be considered. How you got that interpretation is odd.
The line I was using you
specifically
say you do something as scum. You're not going to post anything saying "I'm scum, lynch me" (unless you'd like to, I won't complain). Considering that, anything you (or anybody) say is to be taken with the "I'm town" contingency, truth or not. What you said was your actions here are NAI because you would do something specific as scum. Why point out something that hasn't really happened this game (possibly because there's only been 1 NK so far so there hasn't been time to act this way), that you would do as scum, with the underlying implication of "I'm town"?

In post 394, Fire Assassin wrote:I would say this as either alignment. NAI, because I have gone out of my way to do kills as scum just to make sure the game wasn't a dead lurker fest in order to not have a hollow win.
In post 428, Fire Assassin wrote:If I had to decide right now it would be Shaddowez and Marangral.

I see Rach as possible VI, pushing bad reads.
Not Mafia is actually taking stances and seems to have some kind of thought process? I really can't read that guy, ill say its townie cause its not outright anti town.
You're continuing to say things without actually doing anything useful. You leave xy out of any sort of read, but since he's practically confirmed IC, whatever. However, you also leave RC out, who's been active. You've had one vote the entire game, which was on a town wagon, and touted as a convenience vote. You're also town reading NM, because you can't read him...please explain to me how that works.
xyzzy wrote:I think based on the relatively small response to Fire Assassin being at L-1, if Fire Assassin is town, at least one of shaddowez or Not_Mafia is scum.
And if FA is scum? While this isn't a great setup to bus in, are you saying that it's completely out of the question, and it's only somebody not on the wagon as their partner? Also, what does the response have to do with the rest of your statement?
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:19 am

Post by shaddowez »

@Mod
- Can Mara please be prodded? It's been over 2 days since her last post, and that wasn't even productive. Thanks!
V/LA on Weekends
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 430, shaddowez wrote:The line I was using you specifically say you do something as scum. You're not going to post anything saying "I'm scum, lynch me" (unless you'd like to, I won't complain). Considering that, anything you (or anybody) say is to be taken with the "I'm town" contingency, truth or not. What you said was your actions here are NAI because you would do something specific as scum. Why point out something that hasn't really happened this game (possibly because there's only been 1 NK so far so there hasn't been time to act this way), that you would do as scum, with the underlying implication of "I'm town"?
If this were my alt, I probably would claim I am scum, its just pure WIFOM. So if anything I said is taking with "I am town" contingency, your point about me talking about my general post about not being in the game and I would feel that way as either alignment as my entirety of actions. I have not said that none of my posts have something alignment indicative, I said a specific post wasn't alignment indicative, because it was my general mood, and I would have that attitude regardless of alignment. Your rest of your points don't make sense to me.
In post 430, shaddowez wrote:You're continuing to say things without actually doing anything useful. You leave xy out of any sort of read, but since he's practically confirmed IC, whatever. However, you also leave RC out, who's been active. You've had one vote the entire game, which was on a town wagon, and touted as a convenience vote. You're also town reading NM, because you can't read him...please explain to me how that works.
Ehhh I will agree I haven't been that useful my mood in general hasn't improved enough for me to be actively scumhunting and the player base is very inactive.

You say RC has been active, when he hasn't. Thats interesting. I do feel townie on him though, I didn't mention it because I forgot him.

Also what comments you want me to make on XY when he is uncc IC? Is there anything to actually comment on?

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:32 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 429, xyzzy wrote:I think based on the relatively small response to Fire Assassin being at L-1, if Fire Assassin is town, at least one of shaddowez or Not_Mafia is scum.
You realize this doesn't help either, right?
Like, lets say you guys flip me now.
Then you guys are trapped in rarefaction.
Just having info of "Well possibly one of shaddowez and not mafia is scum" isn't helpful.
If its both, that is helpful, if its one and you can't identify which, that isn't helpful.

Why is Not Mafia in your scum pool anyways?
Like, I get he hasn't "done" much, but neither has marangral.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 431, shaddowez wrote:
@Mod
- Can Mara please be prodded? It's been over 2 days since her last post, and that wasn't even productive. Thanks!
Ms Marangal has been prodded.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

VOTE: Ms Marangal

Empty slots must be lynched.
Also thinking she is scum.

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 430, shaddowez wrote:
xyzzy wrote:I think based on the relatively small response to Fire Assassin being at L-1, if Fire Assassin is town, at least one of shaddowez or Not_Mafia is scum.
And if FA is scum? While this isn't a great setup to bus in, are you saying that it's completely out of the question, and it's only somebody not on the wagon as their partner? Also, what does the response have to do with the rest of your statement?
I'm saying that I think it's likely at least one of the scum would be moving in the direction of thinking Fire Assassin is scum if he's town and there's no scum on the wagon, but I don't think it's likely that they'd want to both be on it, so if one of them is already on it, I don't think it's as likely that the other one would jump on. basically, the response I'm referring to is the lack of further movement in that wagon.

I'm really not a big fan of that vote by Fire Assassin at all; it feels reactionary and easy.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

I just had a thought....
why hasn't scum hammered me?

I am thinking about it, its not like scum have to worry about being scumread. They will almost always win in rarefaction even if they got lynched next phase because the second one only has to be mislynched.

So, both scum should be pushing for my mislynch.
So I am thinking its Shaddowez and Ms Marangral (since she hasn't been around for my mislynch.

I feel 80% confident that at least one of those is accurate.

I should be getting hammered soon. I mean, why wouldn't scum hammer here?

It makes no sense.

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 425, Equinox wrote:shaddowez, xyzzy, Not_Mafia
Unless of course both Shaddow and Not Mafia are scum, then me not being lynched yet makes perfect sense.

Optimal play in this scenario for scum is to immediately hammer me at L-1, because it puts the game in rarefaction.

shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 438, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 425, Equinox wrote:shaddowez, xyzzy, Not_Mafia
Unless of course both Shaddow and Not Mafia are scum, then me not being lynched yet makes perfect sense.

Optimal play in this scenario for scum is to immediately hammer me at L-1, because it puts the game in rarefaction.
UNVOTE:

While I'm not convinced, I'd rather have the time to talk in case you're right. (More to come)
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by shaddowez »

I don't necessarily agree with your assessment of the hammer being optimal though. Assume you're town, and the reads that RC and I have are correct. If Rach and NM are the two scum, it's a pretty sure bet they lose if one of them hammers you.

RC and Rach have both indicated that you're a scum read (although Rach seems extremely hesitant to vote you), so you getting lynched is still a fairly good possibility. As you've said yourself, a lot of these players are low activity (when I said RC was active, I was going by post count, he was much more present on D1 than he is toDay).

If you are a mislynch, we go straight to Rarefaction. We have xy as a confirmed IC, and my slot which is being fairly town read (from the few posts that have been made). That leaves Mara, RC, Rach, and NM as possibilities. I was reading RC as a slight scum read on my first readthrough, but if I were to use PoE he's the least likely to be scum out of the rest of the group. NM is impossible to read, but he has been in every game I've played with him.

The more I talk, the more convinced I am that Rach is scum, just trying to figure out who the partner is. Her resistance to voting you, her disappearance one you hit L-1, and you suggesting that she's just a VI with bad reads all lead me back to you. Gonna do another read through tomorrow, but I have high expectations my vote will land right back here.
V/LA on Weekends
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 116, Ms Marangal wrote:
In post 112, thenewearth wrote:LAMIST = "HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I'M DOING I'M BEING TOWN PLZ NO LYNCH"
GET OUT OF HERE

first off, I didn't really see that in his play, and second off, that kinda play seems more town than scum

And, no rach, I just don't wanna be unnecessarily poked :<

I'm putting my vote somewhere.

Weekends and Monday are hardest for me just FYI!
Aka, I'm probably only ever gonna be around tuesday-thursday
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

All this talk of not having contributed anything and being an empty slot just because I was busy since daybreak is pretty insulting. I'm damn sure there hasn't been anyone else whose tried reaching out to as many people as I have d1 nor has tried to communicate with others regardless of how I was reading them
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Im not hesitant to vote him I just did not want to end the day so soon before we had more info and heard from everyone on reads and such

why would you want the day to end so soon?

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Since you unvoted him

VOTE: FA

L1 do not hammer without giving intent and give him a chance to claim.

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 409, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 338, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 337, Fire Assassin wrote:That sounds pretty reasonable, I could vote TNE from what I have read, though I want to discuss and interact with everyone more and don't want to put her at L-1 right now.
Town shouldn't be scared of putting a scum read on L-1.

Re-reading over some of the end of yesterday trying to wrap my head around why Shadow was killed instead of xyzzy, and this is the best motive I can come up with so far. Anyone else have a theory?
Xy is scum, and tried to bait out the real ic in lieu of getting lynched but the only way we will really know is if we go into rarefaction!
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 444, RachMarie wrote:Since you unvoted him

L1 do not hammer without giving intent and give him a chance to claim.
You are scum or didn't read what I said about quick hammers.

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 442, Ms Marangal wrote:All this talk of not having contributed anything and being an empty slot just because I was busy since daybreak is pretty insulting. I'm damn sure there hasn't been anyone else whose tried reaching out to as many people as I have d1 nor has tried to communicate with others regardless of how I was reading them
You haven't really seemed like you did that much in day one besides push someone else for not contributing.
Can you explain where you are at today since you haven't talked much today?

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 438, Fire Assassin wrote:Optimal play in this scenario for scum is to immediately hammer me at L-1, because it puts the game in rarefaction.
I pointed this out and rach doesn't bother commenting on it and puts me back a L-1
It really seems scummy, but I think I am just more mad at the level of ignorance of the play to be honest

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I just saw that shad had unvoted so I voted I have not read the past pages I will do so tomorrow after I get some work done after my doc apt.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”