Post by Dierfire »

VOTE COUNT 2.05

Masquerade (4): BBmolla, Egg, Hoopla, Elyse
cmitc1 (2): Grendel, BlankFace
Egg (1): Masquerade
Elyse (1): Killthestory
BlankFace (1): Seraphim

No Vote (1): cmitc1

With 10 players living, a lynch requires 6/10 votes.

TIMER

(expired on 2016-07-24 00:00:00)

NOTES

Killthestory on LA until 20 July
Last edited by Dierfire on Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:03 am

Post by Seraphim »

In post 938, Hoopla wrote:Sera, if Blankface is scum, who are his partners? Were they on the Vedith wagon? Who are likely candidates?
I have suspicions but feel like it is most prudent to keep silent for the moment until more of the day has played out. I definitely think scum were on the Vedith wagon even if BlankFace is not Mafia so that is sort of a silly question.

Also, man, this game has been depressingly quiet. If the game goes as-is, we lynch Masq, and he flips town, then we really are fucked going into MYLO tomorrow. We need to lynch scum today or at the very least make sure we are investigating every angle and folks are not doing that right now. It's been a while since I've played but even I know that.

Blankface, do you typically just coast through every game you've played? At this point in the game, you have been egregiously absent. You did not change your vote all of yesterday and are now voting cmit1 for no real reason I can see. You've admitted that you are lurking and that if people want content of you then they should "engage you" even as people tried to lynch you yesterday. The kind of posting you have done, responses here and there, a reads list, and complaining about yesterday's squabble, are all the kinds of posts scum trying to fly under the radar would make.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:43 am

Post by Elyse »

Seraphim is town cool
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:49 am

Post by BlankFace »

I have made a case about Cmit, it was in . All of that, added with his weird reactions to the wagon yesterday have not changed my mind. He knows enough about this game that he doesn't get a newb pass. His actions were erratic at the end of the day and he's just sheeping other reads while trying to seem hesitant, making it feel like he's really considering the game.

What's your read on Cmit? Do you feel like my reasoning for that vote is bad?

As far as coasting goes, it depends. Sometimes I'm incredibly active, sometimes I'm not. If you're looking for meta, I can give you links. Nothing here has put that spark into me yet. D1 sucked, I've already complained about it. D2 is off to a slow start with KtS refusing to read. I need to look at the Masq wagon a little more in depth, so far the biggest red flag to me on that was Cmit's eagerness to engage and then how quickly he disengaged from it.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Egg »

Still waiting for this to be answered:
In post 945, Egg wrote:Grendel, how surprised would you be to see cmit flip town?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 954, Egg wrote:Still waiting for this to be answered:
In post 945, Egg wrote:Grendel, how surprised would you be to see cmit flip town?
Pretty surprised. If I'm confident enough to vote him then I don't expect him to flip town. May I ask your thought process behind this question?
In post 932, Seraphim wrote: Grendel, identify for me one thing or post in particular that you don't think town would do that cmitc1 has done or posted.
His reaction to my proposing RQS looked really scummy to me. He acted paranoid, then instead of using his own reasoning to say why RQS is bad he just quoted another persons argument. I continually pressed him to elaborate further. He never did provide any counter arguments of substance, and recently admitted that he saw nothing bad coming about due to my questions. To me it seemed like scum trying to take advantage of popular opinion to get quick and easy town cred. Later his unablity to explain why, (or even where), he thought my questions instigated crap posting further solidify my read on him.

Spoiler: posts
In post 106, cmitc1 wrote:
In post 101, Robbnva wrote:
In post 100, Grendel wrote:Anyone up for some questions?
No

next
how will those questions benefit the town :shifty:
Forced Paranoia.
In post 118, cmitc1 wrote:
In post 114, BBmolla wrote:
In post 100, Grendel wrote:1) Do you prefer to play as Town, Mafia, or Independent?
2) What is your favorite role?
3) What are your strengths as a player?
4) What are your weaknesses as a player?
5) Do your strengths and weaknesses change with your alignment?
7) What is the story behind your current avatar picture?
I don't see how theory/alignment irrelevant questions will cause scum to trip over themselves. It'll just allow them to post fluff content without getting called out.
^ this.
I wish I could get more answers to my question... when do you think we should mass claim.
Using other peoples opinion with no insight of his own.
In post 792, cmitc1 wrote:@Grendel

getting questions going to not necessary a bad thing, it can pushes for better conversation, but yours did not. The only thing I seen yours doing was encouraging shit posting

believe it or not, I am just now seeing this question.
Says that my questions encouraged crap posting...
In post 921, cmitc1 wrote:
I did not find any :shifty:
Then was not able to find any examples of where the set promoted crap posting.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 951, Seraphim wrote:
We need to lynch scum today or at the very least make sure we are investigating every angle and folks are not doing that right now. It's been a while since I've played but even I know that.
What kind of angles are we talking about here?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Egg »

Not much of a thought process to be honest. Masquarade made a post or two that made me doubt myself and I've been back and forth on cmit so I'm wondering if sheeping you would be a better idea than trusting my own read on Masq.
cmitc1
cmitc1
Townie
cmitc1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by cmitc1 »

In post 932, Seraphim wrote:
cmitc1, if you could vig shot one player in the game without a claim, who would it be and why?
I am not really sure...

I guess i would go with Masqurade, due to his sudden increase in bad post?
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by BlankFace »

In post 954, Egg wrote:Still waiting for this to be answered:
In post 953, BlankFace wrote:I have made a case about Cmit, it was in . All of that, added with his weird reactions to the wagon yesterday have not changed my mind. He knows enough about this game that he doesn't get a newb pass. His actions were erratic at the end of the day
and he's just sheeping other reads while trying to seem hesitant, making it feel like he's really considering the game.

As far as coasting goes, it depends. Sometimes I'm incredibly active, sometimes I'm not. If you're looking for meta, I can give you links. Nothing here has put that spark into me yet. D1 sucked, I've already complained about it. D2 is off to a slow start with KtS refusing to read. I need to look at the Masq wagon a little more in depth, so far the biggest red flag to me on that was Cmit's eagerness to engage and then how quickly he disengaged from it.
In post 958, cmitc1 wrote:
cmitc1, if you could vig shot one player in the game without a claim, who would it be and why?
I am not really sure...

BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by BlankFace »

Ignore the Egg quote, little drunk and quotes are confusing.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Dierfire »

VOTE COUNT 2.06

Masquerade (4): BBmolla, Egg, Hoopla, Elyse
cmitc1 (2): Grendel, BlankFace
Egg (1): Masquerade
Elyse (1): Killthestory
BlankFace (1): Seraphim

No Vote (1): cmitc1

With 10 players living, a lynch requires 6/10 votes.

TIMER

(expired on 2016-07-24 00:00:00)

NOTES

Killthestory on LA until 20 July
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Grendel »

I'm gonna try something...

@Elyse: out of Blank, cmitc1, Hoopla, BBmolla, and Mask who do you think is most likely scum team?
Am I right in assuming that you're town reading the other half of the roster?

@Blank: Who do you think is the scum team along with Cmitc1?
How do you feel about Mask currently?

@Cmitic: reads list please.

@Seraphim: You think I'm misguided town. Why misguided town, and not deceitful mafia?
Are you town reading Cmitc1, and Kill?

@Hoopla: Am I correct in thinking that you're town reading everybody except Mask, Egg, and Cmit1? Is this your chosen scum team?
What do you think of Wake/Seraphim?

@BBMolla: Aside from Hoopla, and Kill who are you town reading?
...uh ... What's your favorite Twilight zone episode?

@Kill: I honestly don't know what to ask you rn... Will you actually read the game soon?

@Masquerade: What do you think of Seraphim?
Is Egg just a gut read?

@Egg: Are you gonna sheep me then?
Does this mean Mask is null/town to you rn? Or is part of a scum team with Cmitc1?

Lets get some more engagement going, yeah?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 962, Grendel wrote:Am I correct in thinking that you're town reading everybody except Mask, Egg, and Cmit1? Is this your chosen scum team?
mmm, i'm not really town-reading you and although Wake was ok D1 and Sera has been good today, I think it's possible that slot is scum.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I just realised it's less than 4 days to deadline, so it is compromise time again.

@ Everyone:
If you don't want to vote Masquerade, put your vote on someone else with votes and make a case for it.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Also, regardless of what flip we get today, we should massclaim tomorrow imo.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Egg »

Grendel, no I'm not townreadin Masq. Just getting less confident in my scum read. Undecided on sheeping still
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Seraphim »

In post 953, BlankFace wrote:I have made a case about Cmit, it was in . All of that, added with his weird reactions to the wagon yesterday have not changed my mind. He knows enough about this game that he doesn't get a newb pass. His actions were erratic at the end of the day and he's just sheeping other reads while trying to seem hesitant, making it feel like he's really considering the game.

I agree that he is engaging in the behaviors you have described, I'm just not convinced as to whether they are coming from scum or not. He is the type of player that is very hard to read because their playstyle is generally anti-town and lacks any convincing "honesty" as to their motivations. I don't think your reasoning is bad except it feels that you have yet to connect for me why that makes him scum. Players like him are easy to write up but they could just be bad town players. Makes them good targets for players looking for an easy mislynch.
In post 962, Grendel wrote:I'm gonna try something...

@Seraphim: You think I'm misguided town. Why misguided town, and not deceitful mafia?
Are you town reading Cmitc1, and Kill?
I find this to be an odd question but I will humor it. I don't even think misguided is necessarily the right word here. I think you are town because you are making a lot of posts, making a lot of opinions, throwing your weight behind them, and trying to get people lynched in a way that reflects an actual thought process and not a process that reflects a Mafia alignment. I was uncertain at first; your RQS felt kind of forced, but the way you handled it (even if I don't feel as if it has paid dividends) afterwards leads to believe you are town.

I am null-reading cmitc and town-reading Kill. My explanation above to BlankFace also applies here. I don't care if he reads the whole game or not but I do want him to start playing and not just coasting off of House's town play.

In post 958, cmitc1 wrote:
I am not really sure...

Which bad posts in particular and why are they bad? I am not letting you off the hook.
In post 956, Grendel wrote:
In post 951, Seraphim wrote:
We need to lynch scum today or at the very least make sure we are investigating every angle and folks are not doing that right now. It's been a while since I've played but even I know that.
What kind of angles are we talking about here?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Seraphim »

Unvote
Vote: Masquerade

That is L-1 btw.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Hoopla »

alright, claim time please!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:59 am

Post by BBmolla »

Hey all I've been busy lately. I'm pretty happy with this lynch still.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Grendel »

Molla...
In post 962, Grendel wrote:
@BBMolla: Aside from Hoopla, and Kill who are you town reading?
Please keep up :neutral:
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:07 am

Post by BBmolla »

My house townread has decreased with kts.

You're pretty townish

I'm catching up
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Grendel »

BBmolla wrote:My house townread has decreased with kts.

You're pretty townish

I'm catching up
Cool. And sorry, I just noticed that you said your were busy in you last post. Hope I didn't seem inconsiderate.
In post 963, Hoopla wrote:
In post 962, Grendel wrote:Am I correct in thinking that you're town reading everybody except Mask, Egg, and Cmit1? Is this your chosen scum team?
mmm, i'm not really town-reading you and although Wake was ok D1 and Sera has been good today, I think it's possible that slot is scum.
I'm having trouble placing Seraphim. I was leaning town for a while due to Wake trying to defuse Rob, and House. But Egg seemed pretty sure Wake would have done that as either alignment, so I'm not sure where I stand on Sera's slot currently.

Oh, I thought you were town reading me. Hold on-
In post 612, Hoopla wrote:
In post 608, House wrote:@hoopla:

Why is Grendel in your maybe pile?

He's voting me because I prefer being scum over town, as if we can ask the mod for a preferred alignment before the game starts.

He's totally married to this silly assumption, and completely misreps my play to fit that theory.
gut feeling.

i think his attempts to gain reads from his random questions is flawed but a genuinely attempt at scumhunting - it's abstract sure, but i tend to think scum don't do things like that as often. they tend to hunt in more conventional ways.
I think this was the post that led me to think that. May I ask what changed for you in-between then and now?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:24 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 973, Grendel wrote:Cool. And sorry, I just noticed that you said your were busy in you last post. Hope I didn't seem inconsiderate.
nah dude were good lmao I need that sort of "LOOK HERE MOLLA" cause I do tend to skim large posts.

I did see your post though, and was getting to it, but wanted to go back and look

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”