PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Reso is very strong town for me atm, mostly because of how he handled the IV wagon hammer
Speed don't lie.
CC
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Just skimmed through and re-reading but I have to post my first impressions of RyanK. I wonder if RyanK could feel the cold chill spread across his bones as I read through his posts knowing that someone re-reading everything all at once would find out....

Ryan's post count is just through the roof, and he seems to be nitpicking really early... that is how I play scum, just trying to sew dissension in the ranks. He has to be scum.

VOTE: RyanK
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

@innocent town, I will work on my avatar to make things easier.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Dragon Training Tip #4: Flying. When you are flying with your dragon make sure to look both ways before crossing a busy dragon intersection. This maybe hard to do if you aren’t in manual. To change dragon into manual, just hit him in the side, unless your dragon doesn’t take kindly to that. Then perhaps don’t.

Vote Count 1.04

Reso (L-5):
0x40 (L-5):
Rusty (L-5):
Vaxkiller(L-4): RyanK,
RyanK (L-4): Vaxkiller,
innocentvillager (L-3): hiplop Reso,
PhantomCobalt (L-3): Maverick1102, innocentvillager,
Maverick1102 (L-5):
hiplop (L-5):

Not Voting (3): 0x40, Rusty, PhantomCobalt,

With 9 Alive, It Takes 5 to Lynch
Day 1 Ends In (expired on 2016-08-01 20:00:00)
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by reso »

In post 125, reso wrote:
In post 124, RyanK wrote:VOTE: Vaxkiller
For what reason?
Let me add more to this. Your IV vote at least had some amount of reasoning to it. But then you jumped onto Vaxkiller without any reasoning to do so. Prior to your vote, Vaxkiller hadn't even posted anything. Please give me/us your reasoning behind this.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by reso »

In post 75, RyanK wrote:VOTE: innocentvillager.
In post 72, reso wrote:
In post 70, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 69, reso wrote:How/why did you get a very minor TR from this devoidness of game help?
Just got a general feeling that was trying to engage with the game, and honestly I gave a townpoint or a half for him when he switched votes soon after his first post, which showed some fearlessness.
Fearlessness against what exactly? His initial vote and vote switch was pretty much back-to-back and it was still RVS. What's there to fear in RVS? Are you to be feared then? The only ones to be feared in this game are the ones with that kill without warrant.
In post 68, innocentvillager wrote:He was replying to my comment, I don't see why him using me as an example is so sketchy. If he had said anyone else's name, then YEAH that's weird as shit.
Another interesting thing about his response to you is that despite responding to you, he refers to you in a third person perspective. Why would he do so? Because I think you and RyanK are mafia, I will assume that this was him trying to distance himself from you while you attempt to make him look better than he has actually done with your 'very minor TR'.
Well, I feel like you're trying to distance yourself from innocentvillager as well, so innocentvillager and reso are both mafia. If you're not a mafia, reso, maybe you should notice by now how inaccurate this accusation is.
Going back to RyanK on this vote. First of all, that placement of the vote in this post is just plain weird. It's just weird. Really weird. Have I mentioned the word 'weird'? No? How weird.

Second, here, you try to use my own logic against me by trying to say that I'm distancing myself from IV, and therefore, IV and I must be scumbuddies. It doesn't matter who you were to vote for if that were true, they're both scum, right?

WRONG. I was the one attacking you and IV. The only thing IV had done is was label you as having a 'very minor TR'. If the both of us must be scumbuddies according to your reversal of my logic onto myself, why would you vote for the one that's given you a 'very minor TR', and not the one that's actually attacking you?

I upgrade my
Finger of Suspicion
to a
Fist of Suspicion
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:06 pm

Post by reso »

*re-reads all of his own posts and realizes something*

DAMMIT, I'M BEING AGGRESSIVE AGAIN. I WAS TRYING TO BREAK THIS HABIT GOD DAMMIT.

*repeatedly bashes his face into his palm and desk*
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:52 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 116, hiplop wrote:...
(I'm dumb. Only just realized "IV" is innocent villager. I was somewhat lost :oops:)
You're not alone, innocentvillager.
In post 127, Vaxkiller wrote:Just skimmed through and re-reading but I have to post my first impressions of RyanK. I wonder if RyanK could feel the cold chill spread across his bones as I read through his posts knowing that someone re-reading everything all at once would find out....

Ryan's post count is just through the roof, and he seems to be nitpicking really early... that is how I play scum, just trying to sew dissension in the ranks. He has to be scum.

I was too excited of my first mafia online game that I posted so much (at the expanse of my work).
In post 130, reso wrote:
In post 125, reso wrote:
For what reason?
Let me add more to this. Your IV vote at least had some amount of reasoning to it. But then you jumped onto Vaxkiller without any reasoning to do so. Prior to your vote, Vaxkiller hadn't even posted anything. Please give me/us your reasoning behind this.
No problem. Thanks for asking politely. I was trying to poke him for reactions.
In post 131, reso wrote:
In post 72, reso wrote:
In post 69, reso wrote:How/why did you get a very minor TR from this devoidness of game help?
Just got a general feeling that was trying to engage with the game, and honestly I gave a townpoint or a half for him when he switched votes soon after his first post, which showed some fearlessness.
Fearlessness against what exactly? His initial vote and vote switch was pretty much back-to-back and it was still RVS. What's there to fear in RVS? Are you to be feared then? The only ones to be feared in this game are the ones with that kill without warrant.
In post 68, innocentvillager wrote:He was replying to my comment, I don't see why him using me as an example is so sketchy. If he had said anyone else's name, then YEAH that's weird as shit.
Another interesting thing about his response to you is that despite responding to you, he refers to you in a third person perspective. Why would he do so? Because I think you and RyanK are mafia, I will assume that this was him trying to distance himself from you while you attempt to make him look better than he has actually done with your 'very minor TR'.
Well, I feel like you're trying to distance yourself from innocentvillager as well, so innocentvillager and reso are both mafia. If you're not a mafia, reso, maybe you should notice by now how inaccurate this accusation is.
Going back to RyanK on this vote. First of all, that placement of the vote in this post is just plain weird. It's just weird. Really weird. Have I mentioned the word 'weird'? No? How weird.

Second, here, you try to use my own logic against me by trying to say that I'm distancing myself from IV, and therefore, IV and I must be scumbuddies. It doesn't matter who you were to vote for if that were true, they're both scum, right?

WRONG. I was the one attacking you and IV. The only thing IV had done is was label you as having a 'very minor TR'. If the both of us must be scumbuddies according to your reversal of my logic onto myself, why would you vote for the one that's given you a 'very minor TR', and not the one that's actually attacking you?

I upgrade my
Finger of Suspicion
to a
Fist of Suspicion
Why should I vote for someone because *insert a pronoun* attacked me and not because *insert a pronoun* is behaving scummy?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:25 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 132, reso wrote:*re-reads all of his own posts and realizes something*

DAMMIT, I'M BEING AGGRESSIVE AGAIN. I WAS TRYING TO BREAK THIS HABIT GOD DAMMIT.

I'm a verbally aggressive person.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:27 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 134, RyanK wrote:
In post 132, reso wrote:*re-reads all of his own posts and realizes something*

I'm a verbally aggressive person.
Maybe that's why I got an aggressive avatar :giggle: .
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:01 am

Post by 0x40 »

I don't like how he starts the game off by establishing how much of a stereotypical newbie he supposedly is, and then proceeds to almost hammering innocent villager. This, coupled with having a name that could imply that he has played mafia before, makes me think his actions shouldn't just be shrugged off as a newbie being a newbie just so easily.

VOTE: Rusty
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:13 am

Post by RyanK »

He is likely just busy. Good mafia tip is to try not to read into people's v/la's. Its kinda low for someone to call one as scum when they aren't actually gonna be busy. Give people the benefit of the doubt. That said, Villager definitely is pinging my scumdar. He does seem to be trying to look too *perfect* seems like he is checking his posts over, they don't feel very raw or genuine to me, personally? Obviously not going to vote because the wagon is quite large and we have MUCH more to discuss today.
Thanks for the tip.
In post 104, PhantomCobalt wrote:Anyone up for a Rusty PL?
Policy lynches in newbies are a really, really bad idea. Do you think what he did is more likely to come from town or scum?
In my opinion, what he did could both be from a town or a scum.

Rusty, this is to help you out, to place a vote, type [votes]Rusty[/votes], just remove the 's' from votes to turn it into vote.
In post 105, reso wrote:I'm willing to PL Rusty using a 3 strike system, counting this incident as Strike 1. This is after all a newbie game, and Rusty is here to learn. It would be a disservice to Newbie games in general if we PL someone new to mafia in general because of such a happening.
I don't think you should even use a strike system. If he is here to learn, he shouldn't be afraid to make mistakes, as making mistakes is how one learns. If he could only make three mistakes, he would only learn three things.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:19 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 136, 0x40 wrote:I don't like how he starts the game off by establishing how much of a stereotypical newbie he supposedly is, and then proceeds to almost hammering innocent villager. This, coupled with having a name that could imply that he has played mafia before, makes me think his actions shouldn't just be shrugged off as a newbie being a newbie just so easily.

You must have played mafia before to make a statement like that.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:41 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 136, 0x40 wrote:I don't like how he starts the game off by establishing how much of a stereotypical newbie he supposedly is, and then proceeds to almost hammering innocent villager. This, coupled with having a name that could imply that he has played mafia before, makes me think his actions shouldn't just be shrugged off as a newbie being a newbie just so easily.

Rusty, where did you get your name?
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:57 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 138, RyanK wrote:

I have played before. Did I not make this clear enough in my first post?
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 133, RyanK wrote:
(I'm dumb. Only just realized "IV" is innocent villager. I was somewhat lost :oops:)
You're not alone, innocentvillager.
In post 127, Vaxkiller wrote:Just skimmed through and re-reading but I have to post my first impressions of RyanK. I wonder if RyanK could feel the cold chill spread across his bones as I read through his posts knowing that someone re-reading everything all at once would find out....

I was too excited of my first mafia online game that I posted so much (at the expanse of my work).
In post 130, reso wrote:
In post 125, reso wrote:
For what reason?
No problem. Thanks for asking politely. I was trying to poke him for reactions.
In post 131, reso wrote:
In post 72, reso wrote:

I upgrade my
Finger of Suspicion
to a
Fist of Suspicion
Why should I vote for someone because *insert a pronoun* attacked me and not because *insert a pronoun* is behaving scummy?
That is fine, posting a lot allows us a deeper look into who you are, its just unfortunate for you because your posts are revealing scummy behavior.

In response to some earlier conversations that I was too late to the game for:

I think Lynch policies are not going to be helpful to us, we just need to keep track of the scummiest behavior and vote for that.

Definite yes on avatars, really helps give a visual queue to keep track of everyone!

I have played 2-3 games on another site that were very noob friendly, but were a lot larger.

Other random thoughts: Would really like to hear a little more from 0x4 and rusty.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:27 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

BTW I noticed when ever anyone quotes someone, they always include the entire post as a quote. Is this a rule to not edit them? I just wanted to respond to one specific part of the quote post above, but wasn't sure if it was ok if I edited it....
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:29 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 141, Vaxkiller wrote: Other random thoughts: Would really like to hear a little more from 0x4 and rusty.
When you say you want to hear more from me, is there something in particular you have in mind that you want me to talk about?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:31 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 142, Vaxkiller wrote:BTW I noticed when ever anyone quotes someone, they always include the entire post as a quote. Is this a rule to not edit them? I just wanted to respond to one specific part of the quote post above, but wasn't sure if it was ok if I edited it....
In my opinion, it is fine. You should notice that I edited them.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:33 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 141, Vaxkiller wrote:...
That is fine, posting a lot allows us a deeper look into who you are, its just unfortunate for you because your posts are revealing scummy behavior.

I think Lynch policies are not going to be helpful to us, we just need to keep track of the scummiest behavior and vote for that.

Definite yes on avatars, really helps give a visual queue to keep track of everyone!

I have played 2-3 games on another site that were very noob friendly, but were a lot larger.

Other random thoughts: Would really like to hear a little more from 0x4 and rusty.
That's unfortunate, because I'm a townie.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:33 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 142, Vaxkiller wrote:BTW I noticed when ever anyone quotes someone, they always include the entire post as a quote. Is this a rule to not edit them? I just wanted to respond to one specific part of the quote post above, but wasn't sure if it was ok if I edited it....
You can delete things, but you shouldn't delete anything that would give better context to what you are replying to. Changing things is of course a big no-no. I don't think there's a rule against it, but you will likely be found out and lynched for it.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:38 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 140, 0x40 wrote:
In post 138, RyanK wrote:

I have played before. Did I not make this clear enough in my first post?
You did. Just missed it when going through the large amount of posts the next morning as I take quite low regard for introductory posts.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:39 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 145, RyanK wrote:

Saying you're a townie doesn't really help all that much. Try arguing for
why
people should think you're a townie, instead of just stating that you are.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:42 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 148, 0x40 wrote:
In post 145, RyanK wrote:

Saying you're a townie doesn't really help all that much. Try arguing for
why
people should think you're a townie, instead of just stating that you are.
There is no clear evidence I'm a scum.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”