Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:03 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Mav is making me feel uncomfortable with his tunneling, but not sure if its confbias (whether right or wrong) or scum baiting a mislynch.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 219, Maverick1102 wrote:I'm still wondering why there isn't more focus on Cobalt for trying to quietly push through a quickhammer and then, when it got fluffed up by an invalid vote, itrying to salvage it and score townpoints.

Cobalt, what were your reasons for putting Inno to L-1 in your #89? If people are really going to berate and even vote me for 'not explaining my vote' or whatever (I have) then they should also have reacted far, far more angrily to the hammer-that-never-was earlier.
This is a pretty big deal, Yeah. I think he tried to make himself look good out of that whole exchange. Obviously it didn't work, but it definitely reads as if there were an attempt

RyanK is town. The reads/progressions on his pushes reads like someone genuinely trying to sherlock the heck out of this game.
In post 261, reso wrote:You seem pretty sure that IV is innocent. I mean, you're going as far as just calling IV 'Inno'. It's still Day 1. The only ones that are allowed that kind of surety are the people that know they aren't innocent themselves.
I believe he meant inno as in
Inno
centVillager :P Good point if he meant he thinks theyre town, but I don't think thats the case.
In post 263, PhantomCobalt wrote:Wagon on Mav? This is the best day of my life

VOTE: Maverick

Weak logic all around, can't hunt scum because he is scum
Speaking of reads progression. This guys make no sense. He seems more interested in survivng than anything else.

Reso is like, 100% town for the whole inno thing imo. That seems like a super excited town, not a manipulative scum.

Vaxkiller is my second guess for scum, but I can't really put my finger on why?
third best scummer of all time
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Rusty is being prodded
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 274, Maverick1102 wrote:
In post 256, RyanK wrote:Welcome back to my scumdar, maverick. You've played for months now and you still don't know that hammering someone means the end of the day? We've still got 230 hours and we're going to waste that just to hammer PhantomCobalt? VOTE: maverick1102
I would much rather lynch scum now than gift them the chance to talk their way out of it. Putting off a hammer because 'ooh there's plenty of time left' is weak at best.
Thanks for clarifying. You're out of my scumdar again. But anyway, if anyone can talk their way out, they're not lying or doing something bad against the town. What you said may seem suspicious at first. You've just talked your way out. Imagine if everyone else had your mentality. You wouldn't even stand a chance. That's why quickhammers are a bad idea as they increase the probability of hammering scum.

My list of scumdidates (short for scum candidates):
1. PhantomCobalt
In post 112, PhantomCobalt wrote:And to prove that I didn't know, why did I unvote IV after the Rusty vote? Cuz I thought it was L-1 and I didnt want anyone to QH
Reason: You've played on this site for a year, and yet you don't know when a vote is considered an official vote.
2. 0x40
In post 275, 0x40 wrote:
In post 274, Maverick1102 wrote:
In post 256, RyanK wrote:Welcome back to my scumdar, maverick. You've played for months now and you still don't know that hammering someone means the end of the day? We've still got 230 hours and we're going to waste that just to hammer PhantomCobalt? VOTE: maverick1102
I would much rather lynch scum now than gift them the chance to talk their way out of it. Putting off a hammer because 'ooh there's plenty of time left' is weak at best.
What do you think the odds are that PhantomCobalt will flip scum?
Reason: You've claimed to be experienced in mafia, but you weren't looking any scum and only start reading people and accusing people after being criticized for not doing so earlier. Also, you believe that the odds that PhantomCobalt would flip scum are quite low despite I mentioned in earlier posts how mysterious it is that he doesn't know when a vote goes through.
3. Rusty
Reason: Really silent, but I've checked on him. His checking in once a day but he made no posts (at least for today).
Semi-scumdidates (have been in an out of my scumradar):
1. Hiplop
Reason: Very few posts, but I think it's normal for an IC
2. Maverick1102
Reason: He made me suspect him with the quickhammer, but he clarified why he wanted to do so later.
3. innnocentvillager
Reason: He seemed to have had a townread on me for no reason, but stop townreading me would prove he wasn't doing it for no reason.
4. reso
Reason: He seemed to be wondering why I didn't vote him when I thought innocentvillager was more scummy than him. But later, in my opinion, it isn't a reason that would get anywhere to prove if he's scum or not.
5. Vaxkiller
Reason: He suspected me without any backup of how I am revealing scummy behaviour, but later stopped using the baseless accusation that I'm scum after I mentioned it was so.
So here are my questions:
1. PhantomCobalt, why didn't you know rusty's vote couldn't go through?
2. Why did you think it's completely unlikely PhantomCobalt is a scum? Why were you starting to do things only after you were being criticized for not doing so earlier?
While these questions remain unanswered, you two are my top scumdidates.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 303, RyanK wrote:...
Thanks for clarifying. You're out of my scumdar again. But anyway, if anyone can talk their way out, they're not lying or doing something bad against the town. What you said may seem suspicious at first. You've just talked your way out. Imagine if everyone else had your mentality. You wouldn't even stand a chance. That's why quickhammers are a bad idea as they increase the probability of hammering scum.
*increase the probability of hammering a townie*
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 261, reso wrote:...
In post 221, RyanK wrote:Why weren't you scum-hunting? Feels pretty scummy to me.
What exactly is your definition of 'scum hunting'? 0x40 found weird wording and decided to push on it. It's honestly the only thing anyone can do at this point because it's still Day 1. What exactly are you expecting out of us?
My definition of scum hunting is looking for the scum. I just noticed that he had already done so when I posted it. I didn't notice because I treated it as a original idea and a response to Vaxkiller's suspicion.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 261, reso wrote:...
Though in the following post, you declared Maverick and Hiplop as your scum suspects. And yet you didn't change your vote to them? I realize that I've been pushing you about your vote in IV instead of me because of my pushing against the both of you, but when you have a list of scum suspects, shouldn't you be voting for them?
I also found you scummy at first for asking me to do that, but later posts seemed to disprove that. So I switched my votes after your post 183 after reading it. (there is nothing odd about you finding me scummy, as the votes were so random, no doubt it created controversies.)
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 238, 0x40 wrote:
In post 236, RyanK wrote:
In post 234, 0x40 wrote:
In post 231, RyanK wrote:That statement is also used by people who are over confident, so often, I don't find it strange.
That's just absurd. Presenting what should be nothing but an educated guess as if it were a fact is not something town would ever do. It is something that scum does from time to time, hoverer, as they actually have some facts available from the start. You're stating that this is something that is said often by town, but do you have any statistics to back up that claim?
I'm not saying that this is often used by town. I'm saying that most people would use that phrase when he's overconfident. Have you never heard people use it before?
Yes, and being too confident in a vote is a very strong scumtell, as the mafia would always know the alignment of those they vote for.
In post 299, Firebringer wrote:
Dragon Training Tip #7: Instincts. Lets face it, we don’t know what we are really doing when we are flying, dragons have it in their blood. If your dragon is trying to tell you something when its flying, you should listen to its instincts. Unless those instincts have you go swimming with the fishes..

Vote Count 1.07

Reso (L-5):
0x40 (L-4): Vaxkiller,
Rusty (L-5):
Vaxkiller(L-4): 0x40,
RyanK (L-5):
innocentvillager (L-4):
PhantomCobalt (L-2): Maverick1102, innocentvillager, hiplop
Maverick1102 (L-4): PhantomCobalt,
hiplop (L-5):

Not Voting (3): Rusty, RyanK, Reso

With 9 Alive, It Takes 5 to Lynch
Day 1 Ends In (expired on 2016-08-01 20:00:00)
Is it an error? I forgot to unvote maverick, but I'm considered to have unvoted him?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by RyanK »

The quote above shouldn't be there.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by RyanK »

It's ok. Firebringer. UNVOTE: Maverick1102. Now, time to vote who I think is scum.
FoS: PhantomCobalt
(when the day is almost over)VOTE: 0x40
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

Sorry I know i just V/LA'd but I did still post some so:
V/LA until Monday

Need to sort some RL shit.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by reso »

In post 303, RyanK wrote:4. reso
Reason: He seemed to be wondering why I didn't vote him when
I thought innocentvillager was more scummy than him.
But later, in my opinion, it isn't a reason that would get anywhere to prove if he's scum or not.
You contradicted yourself.
In post 157, RyanK wrote:Voting innocent villager was actually a random vote. I didn't switch my vote to you because it is common for tounsfolk to suspect each other.
VOTE: RyanK
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by reso »

I'll go ahead and say that to me, contradictions are worth a lynching no matter what is being talked about.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 311, reso wrote:
In post 303, RyanK wrote:4. reso
Reason: He seemed to be wondering why I didn't vote him when
I thought innocentvillager was more scummy than him.
But later, in my opinion, it isn't a reason that would get anywhere to prove if he's scum or not.
You contradicted yourself.
In post 157, RyanK wrote:Voting innocent villager was actually a random vote. I didn't switch my vote to you because it is common for tounsfolk to suspect each other.
VOTE: RyanK
Yes, it was a random vote. The vote remained because he was also behaving scummy.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by reso »

In post 313, RyanK wrote:Yes, it was a random vote. The vote remained because he was also behaving scummy.
That's not how I see. I read your more recent statement as you thought IV was more scummy than I was when you voted for him and not me.

Also, let's say what you say is correct, that your vote remained on IV because he was behaving scummy. You kept your vote on IV until Post #124, where you voted for Vaxkiller. When I questioned your explanation-less vote switch, you told me it was for the sake of 'poking him for reactions'. Why was a vote switch from someone who you thought was scummy to someone who hadn't even posted up to that point in time, that needed a poking, necessary? I question your priorities, and I feel like they are not towards scum hunting.

My vote is staying on you.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by reso »

In post 314, reso wrote:
that your vote remained on IV
because he was behaving scummy.
EBWoP: ....that your vote was random and it remained on IV...
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 315, reso wrote:
In post 314, reso wrote:
Alright, I admit it, the first four votes were completely random and not devoted to scumhunting. It was later on in the game I began to scumhunt. I'm not sure why, but I had the urge to lie that they were random.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by RyanK »

Anyway, I don't really use votes to scumhunt. It's just not my style.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 316, RyanK wrote:
In post 315, reso wrote:
In post 314, reso wrote:
Alright, I admit it, the first four votes were completely random and not devoted to scumhunting. It was later on in the game I began to scumhunt. I'm not sure why, but I had the urge to lie that they were random.
Actually, I didn't intend to lie those votes were random, it's just that I've got such a bad memory I couldn't remember that the votes were random when I was trying to find out why I voted for specific people. Also, after seeeing I stated the votes were random, I didn't remember why I said the votes weren't random until I was playing my violin just now.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:19 am

Post by Firebringer »

Dragon Training Tip #8: Sharing. Sharing a dragon is a not a small feat, you have to take care of it, feed it and give it proper maintenance, who is responsible for it on Sundays? Who knows. This is why sharing is usually not a good idea for dragons. There are some things you can share, but this shouldn’t be one. I mean, if you were married sharing the dragon who gets it in the divorce? No one because the dragon will eat both of you for making it have to choose, you monsters..

Vote Count 1.08

Reso (L-5):
0x40 (L-3): Vaxkiller, RyanK,
Rusty (L-5):
Vaxkiller(L-4): 0x40,
RyanK (L-4): Reso
innocentvillager (L-4):
PhantomCobalt (L-2): Maverick1102, innocentvillager, hiplop
Maverick1102 (L-4): PhantomCobalt,
hiplop (L-5):

Not Voting (1): Rusty,

With 9 Alive, It Takes 5 to Lynch
Day 1 Ends In (expired on 2016-08-01 20:00:00)
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:45 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 303, RyanK wrote:2. Why did you think it's completely unlikely PhantomCobalt is a scum? Why were you starting to do things only after you were being criticized for not doing so earlier?
Never have I stated that "it's completely unlikely PhantomCobalt is a scum." The only post where I even speak about the probability of PhantomCobalt being scum is in post #280, where all I stated is that I think it's a bit less probable than 50%, which is still a pretty high probability, and one of the best lynch candidates in my opinion. You're just putting words in my mouth here.

As for your second point, I haven't played a single game with any of you guys before, so I wanted a bit of time to read previous games of everyone here first. I still think I could've done more just after I was replaced in, and I apologize for not doing so. If you think this is AI, I would like an explanation as to why that is.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:52 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 320, 0x40 wrote:
In post 303, RyanK wrote:2. Why did you think it's completely unlikely PhantomCobalt is a scum? Why were you starting to do things only after you were being criticized for not doing so earlier?
Never have I stated that "it's completely unlikely PhantomCobalt is a scum." The only post where I even speak about the probability of PhantomCobalt being scum is in post #280, where all I stated is that I think it's a bit less probable than 50%, which is still a pretty high probability, and one of the best lynch candidates in my opinion. You're just putting words in my mouth here.

As for your second point, I haven't played a single game with any of you guys before, so I wanted a bit of time to read previous games of everyone here first. I still think I could've done more just after I was replaced in, and I apologize for not doing so. If you think this is AI, I would like an explanation as to why that is.
Sorry to put words in your mouth, it was a misinterpretion. And for such a clear explaination, you can't possibly be scum unless some other reason is found. UNVOTE: 0x40. I would love to vote for PhantomCobalt, but drawing a quickhammer isn't the kind of thing I would want to do now until later. Meanwhile, the most likely candidate would be rusty, so VOTE: rusty.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:54 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 320, 0x40 wrote:

Oh, and missed something, apology
accepted
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:06 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 320, 0x40 wrote:

I think it's alignment indicative as, unless PhantomCoblat could come up with a logical explanation about why he counted rusty's vote, backing him up would be something only the scum would do, and my suspicion would remain until the person defending or PhantomCobalt can explain his actions clearly.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:34 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 323, RyanK wrote:
In post 320, 0x40 wrote:

I think it's alignment indicative as, unless PhantomCoblat could come up with a logical explanation about why he counted rusty's vote, backing him up would be something only the scum would do, and my suspicion would remain until the person defending or PhantomCobalt can explain his actions clearly.
Or had a good reason to back him up.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”