OPEN 649 — PICK YOUR POWER X/Y. EXPERIMENT OVER.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 345, MariaR wrote:
In post 298, Killthestory wrote:Shut up and let Maria post. Don't soft defend her.
<this was a bigish tell
Tell for what
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 348, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 344, MariaR wrote:I feel like I'm limited to who I can scum read as in if I scumread someone who has a ton of meta like "NO THERE TOWN STOP"
You don't think you can scumread someone other people are townreading?
I feel like if I do and someone has meta on it my point is just gonna get shut down and yes that's my Main
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 350, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 345, MariaR wrote:
In post 298, Killthestory wrote:Shut up and let Maria post. Don't soft defend her.
<this was a bigish tell
Tell for what
That he was trying to reaction test me but then a lot of people were starting to vote me so it became very srs and I got scared
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 351, MariaR wrote:I feel like if I do and someone has meta on it my point is just gonna get shut down and yes that's my Main
I have a response to your response (I'm liking our conversation actually O:) but first

literally no one has meta on kts iirc? we were discussing this earlier

so if your gut says something just go for it.
MariaR wrote: That he was trying to reaction test me but then a lot of people were starting to vote me so it became very srs and I got scared
Makes sense actually? I'll mull it over.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 352, MariaR wrote:That he was trying to reaction test me

Pretty sure he wasn't doing that

You seem to think that everything is a reaction test but it's really not like that
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by Ümläüt »

In my only other game with pisskop (PYP X/Y, oddly enough), I was thinking he was scum right up until my death. Not only was he town, he solved the game pretty much singlehandedly in five-player Lylo including identifying the mafia vengeful and making sure she was lynched last.

Up until that point he was pretty useless though (his top two suspects were a cop-cleared townie and a dead townie at one point, as I recall).

So... I guess I want to keep pisskop alive while disregarding everything he says.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:36 pm

In post 344, MariaR wrote:I feel like I'm limited to who I can scum read as in if I scumread someone who has a ton of meta like "NO THERE TOWN STOP" I just have to nod and shake my head yes or I'm scummy for doing it and it felt sorta like a reaction test for 2 reasons
This really should not stop you, but I understand why you're scared. We all come from different experiences in life and have different perspectives, and even our role PMs affect said perspectives. If you have an opinion on something, especially if it's something that no one else is seeing, why not go for it?

And, also on meta, it's a tool but I think a lot of people (myself included tbqh) rely on it too much. It has such a huge downside in that people can easily manipulate it by intentionally acting differently than normal. It can help if you don't understand where a player is coming from and want examples of how they think (good example here in where it could be helpful is KTS), but it's better to try to get reads from within the game through interactions.

If you want, I can walk you through my strongest read (townread on Zach), especially because you said you had trouble reading the people who were active during RVS so you can see what I mean here? Obviously you shouldn't just sheep me, but I
would
like to know if someone else agrees with me on it (and if not, what your thoughts on it are).
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 356, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 344, MariaR wrote:I feel like I'm limited to who I can scum read as in if I scumread someone who has a ton of meta like "NO THERE TOWN STOP" I just have to nod and shake my head yes or I'm scummy for doing it and it felt sorta like a reaction test for 2 reasons
This really should not stop you, but I understand why you're scared. We all come from different experiences in life and have different perspectives, and even our role PMs affect said perspectives. If you have an opinion on something, especially if it's something that no one else is seeing, why not go for it?

And, also on meta, it's a tool but I think a lot of people (myself included tbqh) rely on it too much. It has such a huge downside in that people can easily manipulate it by intentionally acting differently than normal. It can help if you don't understand where a player is coming from and want examples of how they think (good example here in where it could be helpful is KTS), but it's better to try to get reads from within the game through interactions.

If you want, I can walk you through my strongest read (townread on Zach), especially because you said you had trouble reading the people who were active during RVS so you can see what I mean here? Obviously you shouldn't just sheep me, but I
would
like to know if someone else agrees with me on it (and if not, what your thoughts on it are).
Thank you for all the support you are giving me here it's honestly helping me more then you think (regardless of your alignment even if I'm pretty sure you're town) I'd love to hear your read.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by pisskop »

its a gift really

but scum benefit more from finetoorhes setup spec than town so i consider myself a scumbag at heart

but do you know how hard it was to get everyone to lynch espthelies? peeople have waay to much loyalty
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 355, Ümläüt wrote:So... I guess I want to keep pisskop alive while disregarding everything he says.
That's how I feel about Zach
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 346, Chrimi wrote:VOTE: Killthestory

I know I'm already voting them but I figured I'd do it again. For emphasis.
Lmao what the fuck is wrong with you.

Do you realize what I just did?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:46 pm

Spoiler: Zach Townread
In post 131, Zachstralkita wrote:gT

I find your stance on Chrimi kinda bad. Sure, the first draft pick probably got a good role but that is in no way connected to whether or not the slot rolled scum.

Why are you going for this instead of a player who's actually posted in the game? Because I'm sure there's at least one scum in the people who have appeared in-thread so far. Do you not feel like that is the case?

You're just like, acting kinda shifty so I think we should rectify this problem with a SWIFT NOOSE

ALL IN FAVOR?
In post 132, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I definitely think there's one scumplayer (and only one) in my wagon, if you want to believe that I'm town (which I am) then I think I'm being pushed as an easy mislynch because, as you said, my play is really shifty and is coming from a newbie. Sounds like a pretty prime lynchbait to me.

I'm starting with Creature because I want post answered even if it looks really scummy (not sure why?). I want to know where he's coming from, and I feel like you especially should be agreeing with me here because of .

I think that you're probably town, along with Firebringer. I'm not sure about Vedith.

I'm interested in Chrimi's alignment. It's weird, but I think I have to be cryptic here about my reasons. I would move on to a better vote but the thing is I'm still trying to work out my wagon. I don't really have anything on Creature and I want to work with him.

I don't know about Charloux either. I agree with Dunn (who is my strongest townread but it's still not that strong yet) that his vote was weird but it doesn't warrant a vote from me.
In post 137, Zachstralkita wrote:i can do creature tbh, giga

the lack of reaction you've had to your wagon kind of disappoints me I'm not sure what to get out of this

MariaR wrote:
Climbs out of RVS hell
*pant pant* I think...I made it out alive...Hello everyone nice to meet you
HEY

you're not gonna just APPEAR and not give your thoughts.. DO YOU WANT DUNNSTRAL TO VOTE YOU?

Dunnstral wrote:
In post 132, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I think I'm being pushed as an easy mislynch
This is scummy though :down: :down: :down:
arrows are in the wrong direction LMFAO

and I wouldnt call that scummy cause I call myself an easy mislynch all the time!
Creature wrote:gigabyte, I have that strange feeling you're being pretty defensive.
VOTE: Creature

(spoilered because it's a long quote train)

This conversation we had felt really genuine. Zach was scumreading me enough to make me his vote, but I felt his questioning of me felt like he was confused why Dunn was townreading me and wanted to poke at me to figure out my intentions. I gave my answer, even though it did end up looking scummy, and it changed Zach's views enough for me to jump onto the same wagon as me.

To me, it felt like A: he did not know my alignment, and B: he is willing to change his reads based on evidence and is genuinely intending to so. Both of those things should logically come from town. He
could
be scum manipulating me, but something about the posts at the time felt very honest to me. Thus, a townread coming from both gut and evidence.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:49 pm

in case it's not clear that post is for maria p much, i didn't quote her and other posts came on top of me
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by MariaR »

Hm I understand why you tr Zach from that but strongest tr is a bit of a stretch but that's my own opinion as everyone tr's things more then others (now I won't say what I normally tr for obv reason but you get my point) omg my pizza just got here...it really is a good night
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:58 pm

In post 363, MariaR wrote:but strongest tr is a bit of a stretch
It's only D1, none of my reads are
that
strong. So comparatively it's the strongest, but he's not an innocent child here.

Mind telling me if there's something specifically that makes you less confident? Or is it just it doesn't impact you as much?
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Dunnstral wrote:
In post 355, Ümläüt wrote:So... I guess I want to keep pisskop alive while disregarding everything he says.
That's how I feel about Zach
HaHaHaHa you're such a funny fucking guy you minnie mouse ass motherfucker
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Im not sure if Chrimi is the best scum player ever or just a townie

I think KTS may give less of a fuck than I do which is probably what shocks me the most this game. Stop it before I channel my H Y P E R mode

pisskop give me that same fucking feeling as when Monokuma appear
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 364, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 363, MariaR wrote:but strongest tr is a bit of a stretch
It's only D1, none of my reads are
that
strong. So comparatively it's the strongest, but he's not an innocent child here.

Mind telling me if there's something specifically that makes you less confident? Or is it just it doesn't impact you as much?
Just doesn't impact me as super towny as it does you
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:27 pm

In post 367, MariaR wrote:Just doesn't impact me as super towny as it does you
Fair, I guess the read has to come from knowing my role PM for sure. But the important thing here is his motivation. Wouldn't it be better to stick to a pretty strong wagon (I was at like L-4 or 3) if you're mafia? Really the most important thing this game is discerning the "why"s of every post.

I'd actually recommend rereading the game and asking yourself who is genuinely trying to understand the other players? It's a lot more difficult (esp if the RVS is fun and you're busy laughing instead of thinking) than it might sound, but I want you to do this because I am pretty certain you are town, and having a townie with opinions is actually essential to our victory.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 368, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 367, MariaR wrote:Just doesn't impact me as super towny as it does you
Fair, I guess the read has to come from knowing my role PM for sure. But the important thing here is his motivation. Wouldn't it be better to stick to a pretty strong wagon (I was at like L-4 or 3) if you're mafia? Really the most important thing this game is discerning the "why"s of every post.

I'd actually recommend rereading the game and asking yourself who is genuinely trying to understand the other players? It's a lot more difficult (esp if the RVS is fun and you're busy laughing instead of thinking) than it might sound, but I want you to do this because I am pretty certain you are town, and having a townie with opinions is actually essential to our victory.
I think you could be (or maybe not) forgetting it was RVS if he was mafia he could know it was RVS and the lynch was most likely not gonna happen with the few amount of players so he unvoted or changed the read
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:51 pm

really sounded like he was serious about getting me lynched, and even very early game votes can lead to a lynch. I think it's plausible that the lynch could have gone through, but I'm glad Zach was willing to work with me.

I don't think it's good practice to dismiss a vote as not serious. Otherwise there would be no purpose to RVS.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by MariaR »

Okay that logic makes sense to me my stance doesn't really change on how towny it was but at least I can get your thinking on it.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Pisskop, hows life? I haven't talked to you in like forever.
What you been up to?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by pisskop »

was just wondering about you you know.

we havent talked because ive been busy.

vv I made a kickass mod for a community kickstarted game +23000 views, i dont even know how many DLs.

I got a new job bossing people around, and Ive managed to piss off half the coworkers by setting them straight. a few tried to use my space for storage and another had a big mouth and a fifth uses his daddies connections to keep free of actual work but ive been compiling a portfolio to prove hes incompetent or lazy. Ive got my boss and a few managers on my side so far
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by pisskop »

also i lost 20 lbs and i run 3times a week 5k.

go me. if i lose 50 more ill be back into calvin klein model range

Return to “Completed Open Games”