Mini 1803: Hunger Games Mafia (GAME OVER)

President Snow
President Snow
Goon
President Snow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:44 pm

Post by President Snow »

In post 2648, Froot Loop wrote:
@Mod - will we find out what the gift is afterwards?
Only the winner of the gift will know what the gift is.
President Snow
President Snow
Goon
President Snow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:44 pm

Post by President Snow »

Vote Count 3.09

Skybird – [2] Dunnstral2, Froot Loop1
pirate mollie -
Vedith -
Froot Loop - [2] Xtoxm1, Skybird1,
Xtoxm – [6] Xtoxm2, Vedith2, Dunnstral1, Infinity 3242, Bins2, pirate mollie2,
Infinity 324 –
DrippingGoofball – [4] Bins1, pirate mollie1, Infinity 3241, Vedith1,
Bins –
Dunnstral - [1] Froot Loop2

Not Voting - Skybird2, DrippingGoofball1, DrippingGoofball2

Mod Notes - Fixed after clarification.

Feast votes are due in (expired on 2016-07-27 17:21:57).
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

Lol, whatever.

It sucks for me that Xtoxm doesn't contribute much and hasn't made any attempt to think about things. He's done one thing which makes it likely he's town but nothing to like his play in the game.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:02 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

Like, I'm asking if we're going to find out afterwards. How is that role-fishing? Who am I role-fishing? The mod?
In post 1513, Dunnstral wrote:Vedith you're seemingly ignoring that I've also stopped pushing bins though
In post 1536, Froot Loop wrote:I think Vedith's alluding to the fact that I'm town-read and so Bins feels more comfortable if I give her a null read. Maybe other players like FA as well. Vedith can clarify.
Although the easy answer would be "As Froots said"... It's not the case sadly. I didn't see your actual read changed and I assumed that your read was actually the same but you were not wanting to vote there for today.
I don't understand the sudden swap though. Is there a detailed version why?
(my bold)

THIS is role-fishing.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

@Mollie - Do you think whoever receives the gift should say what it is afterwards?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

right because my spending the entirety of the first two days voting and lynching scum is inferior to your belligerent pushing of counterwagons to scum
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

You've posted 41 times in this game. Is that active for you?

This isn't about me, I don't know why you're making that comparison.

I am reluctantly saying that it's likely you're town. I'm also saying that there's nothing in your play which makes me trust you and definitely nothing in your play which would make think that you're a good recipient for a secret power.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

My quote tags are broken in :
In post 1599, Vedith wrote:
In post 1513, Dunnstral wrote:Vedith you're seemingly ignoring that I've also stopped pushing bins though
In post 1536, Froot Loop wrote:I think Vedith's alluding to the fact that I'm town-read and so Bins feels more comfortable if I give her a null read. Maybe other players like FA as well. Vedith can clarify.
Although the easy answer would be "As Froots said"... It's not the case sadly. I didn't see your actual read changed and I assumed that your read was actually the same but you were not wanting to vote there for today.
I don't understand the sudden swap though. Is there a detailed version why?
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 2571, Xtoxm wrote:I've seen play like this from DGB as town. I'm not convinced this game is as easy as a Froot-DGB team. The only person I would consider lynching today other than Froot, is mollie.
Have you ever seen DGB act like this as scum? I'm just trying to figure out if her behavior is AI.

Why are you suspicious of Mollie?
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:32 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2656, Froot Loop wrote:This isn't about me
:lol:
I claim scum \o/
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:35 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I am having surgery tomorrow but I will leave you with these thoughts about a just completed game:

I want you to look at this neighborhood where scumajiffy took great pains and care to play mollie like a violin, plucking all her strings just right, avoid all the things that set off alarms in her head, and be all warm and fuzzy for her. It was masterful. Based on his behavior with her, and claiming
PERSONAL AUTHORITY
she shot down any suspicion of him all game, and scum won.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=66890

I want you to look at the game itself where Spiffeh badgered me to look away from hiplopscum based on the
PERSONAL AUTHORITY
of his town read:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66865

I could show you another very recent example of once again a player, who is dating another player who happens to be scum, has used his
PERSONAL AUTHORITY
to completely shut down a righteous wagon on this player.

=====================

I think there is a measure of this happening here. mollie is dipping into the well of
PERSONAL AUTHORITY
failing to consider that were I scum I would, like majiffy, know exactly how to pat her down and make her feel real comfy. I have a scumread that no one shares on Infinity. Some people are hard-core defending him like Spiffeh was hard-core defending hiplopscum in that game yesterday. He's tossing all kinds of shoot-from-the-hip statements that sound really good on the surface but leave me struggling trying to explain how his TONE is all wrong. Like that certain disregard you have for people when the game forces you to lie to them and paint them in an unfavorable light. Like that nasty kind of aggression that just shuts people down instead of considering a different viewpoint. It's effective; it makes townies lose their footing, second guess themselves, and retreat. When a player does that as town, it wins games for scum. When a player does that as scum... it wins games for scum, too.

You guys seem to think that it's impossible for Infinity to be scum. I urge you to reconsider this. I may be wrong. But punishing discussion, different ideas, and most of all appeals to
PERSONAL AUTHORITY
leads to unhealthy game states that favor the scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:41 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Unless I can read minds it's very unlikely for me to be scum and mollie town given the amount of times I apparently have said exactly what she is thinking. I also barely know mollie from outside this game.

I understand what you are saying about me not considering other viewpoints, but I really hate getting into repetitive back-and-froths with people.

DGB could be town can we go back to froot already.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2660, DrippingGoofball wrote:I have a scumread that no one shares on Infinity.
Your scum read is based on him and Clumsy not talknig to one another, where Infinity joined after the Clumsy lynch.
Give me other reasons to change my opinion. Other reasons in this game.

Give me details on all the players. You can't... Because you are so caught up in this lie of yours, you are not only trying to convince us, but convince yourself as well. o.0

In the time of your last post, you spent it only looking only at a different game of Mollie, rather than
ANYTHING
in this game.
I am not saying that using meta is at all bad, but you are showing no sign of looking at this game. You came in, decided who were scum without looking and now avoiding the game itself.

Do you want to be taken seriously here?
I claim scum \o/
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:48 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

otoh DGB could be just making a last desperate attempt to make Mollie paranoid and get rid of me who has nailed the scum team.

I want you to explain why you didn't say that mollie was town after you saw the nacho thing and said something else that seemed to imply you still scumread her.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:19 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Go back to Froot. There is no chance that DGB is scum without Froot. Scum doesn't replace in with 2 days~ til deadline and draw attention away from a town lynch like that. It just doesn't happen.

It's possible, I guess, that DGB is scum with Froot (though I don't think so), and that seems to be the reason you all are voting her, but that's not a reason to move away from Froot.

This is a bad last minute flashwagon.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:22 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2664, Xtoxm wrote:Scum doesn't replace in with 2 days
This was a mod repalce, not a choice replace.
Yume wanted to stay in the game.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2664, Xtoxm wrote:This is a bad last minute flashwagon.
This is only a bad flash wagon if DGB is town.
If DGB is scum, then does it matter if we lynch Froots or DGB first?

Your reason for DGB being town is because of the replace out. That is a null reason.
I claim scum \o/
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:26 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 2661, Infinity 324 wrote:Unless I can read minds it's very unlikely for me to be scum and mollie town given the amount of times I apparently have said exactly what she is thinking. I also barely know mollie from outside this game.

I understand what you are saying about me not considering other viewpoints, but I really hate getting into repetitive back-and-froths with people.

DGB could be town can we go back to froot already.
don't you dare she is straight up lying

I very much WAS suspicious of majiffy called him scum right off the bat, but he was hard core defending me against a town player who death tunneled hardcore for 2 IRL month days.

BUT PLZ LOOK AT THAT GAME GUYS. PLZ LOOK AT HOW HARD HIPPY SLEDGES AND USES THE SAME PHRASING THAT DGB USED IN THIS GAME LMAO.

notice how quick dgb recognizes that hippy is scum because of it because of how mean-spirited it is:
In post 4308, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 4301, Spiffeh wrote:Anger is more town indicative than anything for hiplop in my experience

ESPECIALLY to this degree
I kinda disagree with you here

I'm pretty good at reading AtE and generally find it townie

But this one is really mean-spirited

I don't find it so townie
its cos she was doing the same shit here lol. she is scum. like they even used some of the same phrasing like "put yourself in my shoes" and a cple of other things. read what scum!hippy said in that game. its the exact same kind of aTe that dgb is using here. she knows that, that is why she is working hard to discredit my read on majiffy even when the last thing I posted in the pt was to be sus of majiffy.

desperate scum be desperate scum

@ skybird - she replaced in a game with 1 scum partner down and her scummate practically announcing that she is scum.

plz help and just vote her and not let me have to deal with her fucking nastiness all game

g/g to work bbl
whew!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:28 am

Post by Xtoxm »

No you're missing my point.

DGB, if scum without Froot, just had to tread water and let this happen for a measly 2 days. Instead she has made a lot of noise and brought a lot of attention on herself. That makes no sense in the scum!dgb, town!froot scenario. Therefore that scenario does not exist.

p-ed @ vedith
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:32 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2668, Xtoxm wrote:DGB, if scum without Froot, just had to tread water and let this happen for a measly 2 days. Instead she has made a lot of noise and brought a lot of attention on herself. That makes no sense in the scum!dgb, town!froot scenario. Therefore that scenario does not exist.
Hmmm okay. I agree that she could have just rolled with it, considering Yume wasn't top 3 suspects.
However, I don't think she gave the game a proper read. She come in, saw her partner is going to be lynched, and as DGB does, tried to save her.
The whole sitatuion on her entrance probably looked like an easy push away from Froots expecting people to follow. I think if she backed up her opinion on people with details from the game (correct details) it could have been more believeable going by her meta.
I claim scum \o/
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:36 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 2666, Vedith wrote:
In post 2664, Xtoxm wrote:This is a bad last minute flashwagon.
This is only a bad flash wagon if DGB is town.
If DGB is scum, then does it matter if we lynch Froots or DGB first?

Your reason for DGB being town is because of the replace out. That is a null reason.
it matters to me cos then I have to listen to another round of her mean spirited bullshit!

plz vedith? can we lynch her first?

okay for realz off to work
whew!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Is posting without reading the game more likely to come form scum or town?

There it is again, the assumption that her behavior is due to being partner with Froot. In which case, Froot should still be the lynch.

If you think both are scum, why aren't you happy to lynch Froot first?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Xtoxm, I agree with you but I don't want to cause more conflict than there has to be. I think DGB is scum and I will vote her if people want me to.

Mollie, I will look at that game but I don't want this to be all about past games. I think the part about "statements that read good on the surface but leave me struggling to explain how the tone is wrong" is towny.

DGB, if you are town you are putting way too much confidence in the scum game of someone you haven't played with before. The only completed scum game I have on site was 3 years ago and I was lynched the day I replaced in.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:01 am

Post by Froot Loop »

I'm town. It's possible for me that DGB came in and defended me because he knows I'm going to flip town. I guess. I'd think it'd be an unlikely play for scum though and she drew a lot of attention to herself when she could have done it more quietly.

@Infinity - that's not the best reason for being town. Absolutely terrible, in fact.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:03 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'm not trying to argue that I'm town, I'm arguing that DGB's reason for me being scum assumes a lot and is weak.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”