Newbie 1728: Training Your Dragon Mafia [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by RyanK »

PhantomCobalt, this is the third time I'm asking you, why didn't you know rusty's vote wouldn't count.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 349, Vaxkiller wrote:This has 0x40 in a tizzy and I stand by my words. I know Ryan thinks I just changed my mind because I realized I was wrong, but that is not the case. I really believe he was not playing the game as great townie at that point. Why? He was jumping from one person to the next nitpicking/"scumhunting" on the silliest things, being very verbose and posting a lot.... muddying the waters in my opinion. Again, this is how I play scum, and I realized he has to be scum. However, the past few days he has gone from nitpicking to really giving some valuable insight on a lot of people here and doing some real scum hunting instead of tunneling in on just one thing.
How could that reason alone possibly amount to more than just a slight scumread? Explain just how certain you were of him being scum at that point.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:21 am

Post by reso »

In post 298, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 283, 0x40 wrote:Yes. I'm not convinced of anyone being scum,
To me, this means your playing the field. That said, I'm really worried about rusty, he has almost zero posts, 2 of those are random votes, then everyone gets suspicious of him, and he goes completely silent, and everyone forgets about him.... RyanK mentioned it earlier, He HAS visited since then, but I think he is afraid to post anything.

Rusty, come in dude! Give us your thoughts!
It's not that I forgot about Rusty. If this is truly his first game, then after the way he was briefly lashed out for that pseudo-quickhammer, I thought he would abandon the game. I know I fucked up in my very first game on MafiaScum not quite in the same way but in an extremely noobie way nonetheless, and I was lashed out at in a similar fashion and I choose to immediately stop coming to this site for a short period of time.
In post 340, 0x40 wrote:
In post 339, PhantomCobalt wrote:"_____ is scum."

Hard stance, and confidence.

ITS A SAYING
First off, he used the words "
has to
be scum," which is the same as stating that he is 100% confident. He couldn't possibly be 100% confident unless he has evidence that disproves every single possibility where RyanK isn't scum. It is very different from someone stating that "person x is probably scum," or "person x
ought to
be scum," which you seem to believe can somehow have the same meaning as what he said?
Forgive me for intruding, but I disagree that using "has to be scum" is an indication of 100% confidence AKA surety. If surety were the case, wouldn't "I'm sure he is scum" be better wording?. By using 'has to be scum', to me, he implies that he has strong enough belief and confidence in that idea that we is willing to stand by it, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is sure of it.

0x40, you are very tunneled right now. Like extremely.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:30 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

@RyanK I was caught up in the heat of the moment, and forgot. Bad se'ing on my part

@reso thank you so much, I love you
Speed don't lie.
CC
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:35 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 351, 0x40 wrote:How could that reason alone possibly amount to more than just a slight scumread? Explain just how certain you were of him being scum at that point.
How could your reason for me justify your reactions? I am was certain then that he was scum, as I am certain now that you are.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:51 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 325, 0x40 wrote:I really don't like how you're completely ignoring the slip that Vaxkiller made that almost confirms him as scum here. Why do you lurk for 5 pages, then come back and completely ignore the slip I pointed out, which is by far the most important thing that happened in those 5 pages you lurked?
I would argue its not so much of a slip as it is just a somewhat scummy action?
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:53 am

Post by hiplop »

I have played many mafia games where people say things like "x has to be scum". I don't think its particularly AI. However, I do think his attitude around it is scummy. For clarification
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Firebringer »

Vote Count 1.09

Reso (L-5):
0x40 (L-3): Vaxkiller, PhantomCobalt,
Rusty (L-4): RyanK,
Vaxkiller(L-4): 0x40,
RyanK (L-4): Reso
innocentvillager (L-4):
PhantomCobalt (L-2): Maverick1102, innocentvillager, hiplop
Maverick1102 (L-4):
hiplop (L-5):

Not Voting (1): Rusty,

With 9 Alive, It Takes 5 to Lynch
Day 1 Ends In (expired on 2016-08-01 20:00:00)

Mod Notes: Still looking replacement for Rusty.
Last edited by Firebringer on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by PhantomCobalt »

@Mod
I have my vote on 0x40 not Vax
Speed don't lie.
CC
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

Fuck I have a lot to read for tomorrow...
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Post by Maverick1102 »

If anyone scumreads 0x40 over Phantom then you need to walk away, give your head a wobble then return and rethink your reads.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:02 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 360, Maverick1102 wrote:If anyone scumreads 0x40 over Phantom then you need to walk away, give your head a wobble then return and rethink your reads.
What other evidence do you have with PhantomCobalt. Present these evidence. While the evidence isn't presented, VOTE: Maverick1102 for asking us to concentrate on PhantomCobalt for no reason.
Welcome to Scumdar, Inc., Maverick1102.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:43 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

@Ryank I think hes talking about the cobalt putting Innocent villager at L1 the rusty coming in on his second post and failing to vote correctly, then withdrawing his vote.

I have a lot of thoughts on this:

If he was scum, why didn't he just log out and pretend to not see what was happening, rusty might have figured out how to vote correctly before the next person noticed an hour later. This of course looks worse for him on day 2... but he already looks bad going to an L-1 so early in the "day"

He is scum, changed his mind trying to get that early townie lych and saw an opportunity to appear very town by "saving the day".

He is scum, saw his scum buddy going down and decided to jump on that wagon, only when that PERFECT opportunity appeared with rusty, he was able to unvote and appear very town by "saving the day".

The only other option is he is town and like he said, he "forgot" how many people had already voted.

Wow, writing it out like this, its hard to think cobalt is anything but scum, especially if hes played before. I'm leaning toward a cobalt lynch at the moment, but I am not moving my vote yet until we have a consensus, do not need a repeat of cobalts previous action....
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:12 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 360, Maverick1102 wrote:If anyone scumreads 0x40 over Phantom then you need to walk away, give your head a wobble then return and rethink your reads.
Thoughts on vaxkiller?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:21 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 363, hiplop wrote:
Thoughts on vaxkiller?
Don't find him too mysterious. How about you, hiplop?
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:25 am

Post by reso »

I apologize but I will be V/LA for a short period of time. Again, I do have access to the internet and a computer. But I've just had dental surgery (just had a rod put in for an implant). So I'm on painkillers and slightly doozy, or in constant pain and unable to focus on anything as a result. Just give me a day to recuperate.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 365, reso wrote:I apologize but I will be V/LA for a short period of time. Again, I do have access to the internet and a computer. But I've just had dental surgery (just had a rod put in for an implant). So I'm on painkillers and slightly doozy, or in constant pain and unable to focus on anything as a result. Just give me a day to recuperate.
He is on truth serum! Quick ask him if hes scum!

Are you scum?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:19 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 366, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 365, reso wrote:I apologize but I will be V/LA for a short period of time. Again, I do have access to the internet and a computer. But I've just had dental surgery (just had a rod put in for an implant). So I'm on painkillers and slightly doozy, or in constant pain and unable to focus on anything as a result. Just give me a day to recuperate.
He is on truth serum! Quick ask him if hes scum!

Are you scum?
Who could possibly fall for that?
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 367, RyanK wrote:Who could possibly fall for that?
Someone in a lot of pain and on drugs.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

That's a wild switch. Ryan why have you gone from seemingly scumreading Cobalt in your #350 and pushing on him, to suddenly scumreading me for calling for votes on my #1 scumread which I have held ALL DAY and explained at least once in full.

Seems rather odd, no?
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:30 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 369, Maverick1102 wrote:That's a wild switch. Ryan why have you gone from seemingly scumreading Cobalt in your #350 and pushing on him, to suddenly scumreading me for calling for votes on my #1 scumread which I have held ALL DAY and explained at least once in full.

Seems rather odd, no?
Seems pretty odd that you're scared to present your case

I feel like Mav is too scummy to be scum
Speed don't lie.
CC
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

In post 219, Maverick1102 wrote:I'm still wondering why there isn't more focus on Cobalt for trying to quietly push through a quickhammer and then, when it got fluffed up by an invalid vote, itrying to salvage it and score townpoints.

Cobalt, what were your reasons for putting Inno to L-1 in your #89? If people are really going to berate and even vote me for 'not explaining my vote' or whatever (I have) then they should also have reacted far, far more angrily to the hammer-that-never-was earlier.
In post 272, Maverick1102 wrote:Reso, if you spell InnocentVillager's name, the word 'Inno' is an easy way to shorten it. Don't try to misrepresent what I'm saying.

I'm getting rather sick of the double standards in this game.

Cobalt puts someone at L-1, doesn't draw attention to it hoping someone will hammer and it very (very) nearly works but for a fluffed vote and a technicality in the rules.
I put someone at L-2, I draw attention to when it progresses to L-1 and I ask for intent to hammer and all of a sudden I'm scum?

Cobalt quickly backtracks (having no conviction in his vote-SCUM) and looks to earn townpoints by looking about for ways to not have the hammer apply (eventually settling on the same rule quote I do) and somehow succeeds.
I vote a legitimate scumread, ask for more votes, ask for intent to hammer and a claim and yet somehow I'm scummy for it?

If anybody thinks scum isn't on my wagon (cough COBALT cough) then you seriously need to walk away, give your head a wobble to make sure it's screwed on, then return to the game and vote for Cobalt. I'm seriously getting frustrated that scum is pulling so hard on town's strings here.
In post 273, Maverick1102 wrote:
In post 263, PhantomCobalt wrote:Wagon on Mav? This is the best day of my life

VOTE: Maverick

Weak logic all around, can't hunt scum because he is scum
Look at the opportunism! Can't even start his own case on me for a mislynch, and has to wait for others to help him out.
In post 288, Maverick1102 wrote:That self-meta argument made me laugh out loud.

How is Cobalt even still alive in this game please?
In post 333, Maverick1102 wrote:How on earth is holding your shitty case to account 'detrimental to town'?
Look, every post I've made that displays my case. I'm not rewording it for those who are too lazy to reread it.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:48 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 364, RyanK wrote:Don't find him too mysterious. How about you, hiplop?
Really think hes scum. And it is paining me that I can't find the words as to why
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Yes ready vax's posts seem a bit irky in my gut
Speed don't lie.
CC
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:10 pm

Post by Maverick1102 »

I love the way Cobalt says I'm too scared to present my case, I prove him wrong and in his next post he fully ignores it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”