Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by Titus »

Because it's pretty transparent you are not trying to sort me.

:)
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Well in that case could you just go ahead and answer my questions anyway? Rather than, you know, just continually attacking me?
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by Titus »

I did.

Your questions were why me?
My response. Fry you.

We had a more intellectual version of that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to wash my car in the rain.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1194, Titus wrote:You're flailing, looking for something to attack. Scumhunting focuses more on the why than the minuatie. You're focus more on discrediting that you're caught than my reads as a whole.
In post 1202, Titus wrote:Your questions were why me?
My response. Fry you.
The sheer pissiness of it seems more like town!titus based on my recollection of her meta, but the two,posts together are still jarring. I'll probably just re-skim 635 and see what she was like there to see if there's a good parallel or not.
Show
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by Ranger »

VOTE: mhsmith.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by Ranger »

BTD6_maker wrote:Of course, this looks scummy even if Ranger is Town but it's even scummier if Ranger is scum.
You know.
We literally
just
discussed this in Stack The Deck.

"Player X looks like scum because of this interaction with player Y, who is scum either way, vote player X".
That's exactly what you're doing here by voting me instead of mhsmith.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:52 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1205, Ranger wrote:
BTD6_maker wrote:Of course, this looks scummy even if Ranger is Town but it's even scummier if Ranger is scum.
You know.
We literally
just
discussed this in Stack The Deck.

"Player X looks like scum because of this interaction with player Y, who is scum either way, vote player X".
That's exactly what you're doing here by voting me instead of mhsmith.
How long ago was that?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 1185, mhsmith0 wrote:Seven alive players didn't show up. Five of them are town. I called the town out as a whole. Was this not obvious? I mean shit, even the wolves I'd have expected to show up to pretend to be invested in the game.

As far as who the wolves are, I honestly don't know. There are two wolves and five bad town. Ranger has decent odds of being a wolf (if she's actually town she's damn right this is going down as one of her worst ever games). I lean decently on Panther as town, although his "I'll be back before eod" bit reeks given that he wasn't actually back at eod. The rest? Beats me. Anyone with solid reads on anyone inside
{dgb, Titus, alpaca, btd} I'd be interested to hear. Anyone inside that group that feels like producing useful content would be helpful too.
Mhsmith, you are calling out all 7 other players. The gist of your posts approaching deadline was "Deadline is coming, everyone vote Ranger!" Let's see who that excludes:
DGB, myself, and Titus were all on the Ranger wagon.
Ranger herself may or may not still want to get lynched. To be safe, let's assume that she doesn't. She has no reason whatsoever to hammer herself.
PantherPunt and Xkfyu both Townread Ranger and as such would probably not have hammered.
That leaves a grand total of ONE person: AlpacaAlpaca (whose stance on Ranger is unclear).
Why do you try to blame "two scum and five bad town"? (Or, perhaps more likely, "one scum and six bad town").

VOTE: Mhsmith

Ranger, I said that one action taken by Mhsmith was scummy because of its interaction with you. I did not say Mhsmith was scummy because of his interaction with you. Even then, your logic seems somewhat shaky but I think you have a possibly valid point. I will vote Mhsmith for now but I will be willing to switch back if necessary.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:39 am

Post by PantherPunt »

so during night I thought about whether or not I would have hammered Ranger just to have her flip or if I would have taken the no lynch instead. it's almost always correct to drop the hammer there, but I'm not sure I would have done it. I would have screamed for another viable wagon on someone who had claimed vt. not sure if anyone has though...and cfd'ing onto someone else who wasn't around was potentially worse EV than just letting the no lynch go through

sorry I wasn't around..was daydrinking at a golf outing and was asleep by 8. but I probably wouldn't have hammered Ranger anyways unless I woke up still pretty drunk
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:41 am

Post by PantherPunt »

@BTD6
what is the deal with always ignoring any questions you are asked. thought you were scummy as hell in stack the deck and dunnstral (scum) continued to push you because you avoided answering his questions something like 6-7 times in a row

I asked smith toward EOD what a post reminded him of and I was alluding to that. you're always going to be lynched when you refuse to cooperate...I'm hoping you can correct this for the sake of your overall game as either alignment
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:45 am

Post by PantherPunt »

hot take: smith and titus aren't w/w

seriously though..I pride myself on detecting theatrical distancing...I'm really fucking good at it. the past two pages aren't that
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:48 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 1147, Titus wrote:
We have about 13 hours until deadline. If you believe Ranger is town, defend her and case an alternative. If you are not sure Ranger is town, you should be voting her. Ranger should claim immediately.
In post 1148, mhsmith0 wrote:I'm not going to slap on an l-1 before an official claim from ranger in case someone lol hammers using the deadline as an excuse.

Also what's your dgb read?
In post 1161, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 1159, PantherPunt wrote:I could vote smith for that post alone

That's also viable
Why?
as has been discussed, you are hard on ranger all day as scum. I say I'm seeing things that are much different than the scum game I just saw from her. You immediately unvote (felt pockety as someone noted..ranger?)

then you're back on Ranger, and when it comes time to make a decision, you say you're not putting her on l-1 for fear of lolhammer. really?

as has been mentioned, it felt like you were trying to be off wagon and I can't help but think it's an additional attempt to pocket me. then you 180 to high and mighty I can't believe we couldn't get a ranger lynch off when its 20 min to eod. it's just all inconsistent and I struggle to see how it's a genuine progression from the uninformed
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Xkfyu »

No lynching is bad, but lynching Ranger would have been worse. So no, I wouldn't have hammered Ranger to ensure the lynch.

I would, however, have tried to move the lynch to someone else. Sorry I wasn't around for the deadline. Weekends are always tough for me, as far as activity goes.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:52 am

Post by PantherPunt »

Smith is on L-1
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1210, PantherPunt wrote:hot take: smith and titus aren't w/w

seriously though..I pride myself on detecting theatrical distancing...I'm really fucking good at it. the past two pages aren't that
I agree with this. I was thinking the same thing as I read it.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:53 am

Post by PantherPunt »

by the way. as much as I'd love a day length more similar to what I'm used to, we need to hear from everyone and we need a viable counterwagon

smith?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:54 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1213, PantherPunt wrote:
Smith is on L-1
L-2 right?

Or did I miss a vote?
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:55 am

Post by PantherPunt »

oh wait lynch is still 5 since there are 8 voters. so nevermind the L-1 thing

5 votes with 8 alive is fucking tough. this site is dumb for not having plurality deadline lynches when maj isn't reached before deadline. but in this particular instance I think it worked out
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:59 am

Post by PantherPunt »

Ranger, DrippingGoofball, BTD6_maker, Titus, mhsmith, PantherPunt, Xkfyu, AlpacaAlpaca

not voting Ranger or xkfyu today as it stands

still marinating on drippinggoofballs derpclear
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:01 am

Post by PantherPunt »

@DG
talk to me about how you play games when you sub in. as much detail as you're willing to provide in terms of your approach would be wonderful

like: first, I .......
then, I typically ......
then, .......

there has to be some habitual steps you take
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:10 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1217, PantherPunt wrote:oh wait lynch is still 5 since there are 8 voters. so nevermind the L-1 thing

5 votes with 8 alive is fucking tough. this site is dumb for not having plurality deadline lynches when maj isn't reached before deadline. but in this particular instance I think it worked out
I'm not keen on lynching Smith today, anyways.

I'd much rather lynch inside of {Alpaca, BTD, Titus}.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:44 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1163, mhsmith0 wrote:Fwiw, xykfu, ranger, alpaca, and panther are all on one vote wagons that are essentially vanity wagons at this point. Push your wagon and convince others to join or figure out where you're ok compromising. This is a ridiculous eod state.
This was my "three hours to go" post. I had every reason to expect that people would be here for EOD. No one showed up.

The with an hour to go I pushed a compromise on ranger from anyone who hadn't bothered to do anything useful on other wagons (I.e. The four vanity wagon voters).

Then with basically no time to go I started lashing out.

It's actually funny that two of the three voters on me (Titus, ranger) have substantial meta on me, and Panther is pushing along the idea of my wagon w/o actually voting right now. So, @titus/ranger/Panther:

1) explain how this series of events is NOT a logical progression

2) explain my expressed frustration w the towns inability to lynch even though it needed to lynch from the perspective of my being a wolf. Do you think I'm frustrated because I'm a wolf who doesn't want to win in a dumb way like this? Or do you think I was faking that frustration?
Show
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:05 am

Post by PantherPunt »

why did you want to not vote ranger from the time you unvoted to the time you revoted?

your second question is literally idiotic. I can't even parse the first question, but obviously you've already been accused of faking frustration. and if you're a wolf and Ranger is a villager (more certain of the latter), then it's easy to project righteous anger because getting ranger lynched actually does advance your wincon and you're able to project it as frustration that nobody is around and a "suboptimal" town play is happening
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:16 am

Post by PantherPunt »

and after some meta reading on DG, I'm inclined to give him a pass on that derp

so I find myself with a 50% chance at lynching scum in the pool of btd, titus, smith, alpaca

and I am confident titus/smith is not w/w at this point. so now it's just a question of rereading, asking questions, worldbuilding

I just played out a bunch of scenarios and worst case we have 1 mislynch. we have some outs to give us more than 1 mislynch, but unfortunately they'd need to be double outs. ie we'd need players to have been saved and/or a combination of mislynching players who have been doused. just saving 1 or mislynching 1 douse does not buy us an extra ML afaict

so ya a wolf lynch today is pretty paramount
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:17 am

Post by PantherPunt »

smith - I want your tippity top pick for a wolf and then your secondary pick. as fast as possible preferably

Return to “Completed Open Games”