Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 648, goodmorning wrote:THAT WENT WELL

ACTUAL RESPONSE TO AFOREQUOTED:

No, I agree with parabola's
page 6
posts because
I agree with them
. Logic doesn't have to be alignment-indicative; someone could say, for instance, that VCA sucked, then flip Scum - but I'd still agree with that statement, because that statement is correct regardless of their alignment.

I would replace parabola again, because parabola mostly didn't say anything egregious that I'd have to deal with and
did
say some theory things I agree with and rarely see espoused. (Also, some people prefer playing as Scum, you know.)
I mean, parabola is me, so if parabola was Scum then I am too, and trying to disavow posts usually looks a lot worse than accepting them.
It depends on what you define as 'Scum indicative.'

You are not required to feel any measure of appreciation for my rapid catch-up.

This line is about to make my head explode. So. Let's summarize:
You: "Agreeing with those posts is equivalent to saying you find them Town."
Me: "I don't think they're Town. I agree with them and think they're useful to my catch-up."
You: "No, you think they're Town, even though there's nothing alignment-indicative about them."
Me, right now: No, I think there's nothing alignment-indicative about them. Also, I didn't join yesterday; you can shove your attempts to force that scumtell-as-old-as-time to apply here.
The more you talk about your own slot is nauseous.
It is futile.
Please talk about other players.
I want others to talk about parabola's contributions not you.
Thank you.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 647, Dirty Harry2 wrote:
In post 635, goodmorning wrote:
In post 496, Dirty Harry2 wrote:A minimum of 40 posts per player is required for D2.
Fuck this. I really don't need 40 more posts from Skold to drown the 1 contentish post e will undoubtedly provide.
I think we should have 400 more posts from Skold.
I presume you think Skold is mafia?
You apparently don't even have a habit of reading. Very concerning.
In post 629, goodmorning wrote:I'm still ride or die on Skold-Town but wtf is going on here???
In post 637, goodmorning wrote:What a decisive comment! Does it have a point?
You have a habit of reading but not absorbing.
Concerning.
You have a habit of obfuscation. Concerning.
In post 637, goodmorning wrote:That's true. Again, point?
I wanted to add a point to complement your incomplete observation.
If you like. I think it was sort of implied by my "I'm going into this blind" that I didn't know yet how you'd eventually end up feeling about TNE.
In post 637, goodmorning wrote:Actually, your direct points are extremely adulterated by all the babble. That's
my
point.
I can explain every observation I have made.
I can defend every stance I have taken.
Unfortunately, there is no stopping me.
You seem awfully interested in defending yourself before I've even properly begone the attack.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 649, Dirty Harry2 wrote:
In post 645, goodmorning wrote:In the quote I referred to as looking like a fake townslip, you imply that you think TNE was NK'd. TNE was not NK'd. TNE was lynched. You have previously demonstrated correct usage of these terms. You have previously demonstrated precise knowledge of the events of this game.
The picture is very clear, despite your attempt here to muddy it.
There is no mud.
When TNE was alive there was a possibility of him being either NK'd or lynched.
NK'd if town.
Lynched if town or scum.
Simple.
In a post you wrote AFTER TNE WAS LYNCHED, you imply that you think he was not lynched but nightkilled. STOP OBFUSCATING.
In post 650, Dirty Harry2 wrote:
In post 648, goodmorning wrote:THAT WENT WELL

ACTUAL RESPONSE TO AFOREQUOTED:

No, I agree with parabola's
page 6
posts because
I agree with them
. Logic doesn't have to be alignment-indicative; someone could say, for instance, that VCA sucked, then flip Scum - but I'd still agree with that statement, because that statement is correct regardless of their alignment.

I would replace parabola again, because parabola mostly didn't say anything egregious that I'd have to deal with and
did
say some theory things I agree with and rarely see espoused. (Also, some people prefer playing as Scum, you know.)
I mean, parabola is me, so if parabola was Scum then I am too, and trying to disavow posts usually looks a lot worse than accepting them.
It depends on what you define as 'Scum indicative.'

You are not required to feel any measure of appreciation for my rapid catch-up.

This line is about to make my head explode. So. Let's summarize:
You: "Agreeing with those posts is equivalent to saying you find them Town."
Me: "I don't think they're Town. I agree with them and think they're useful to my catch-up."
You: "No, you think they're Town, even though there's nothing alignment-indicative about them."
Me, right now: No, I think there's nothing alignment-indicative about them. Also, I didn't join yesterday; you can shove your attempts to force that scumtell-as-old-as-time to apply here.
The more you talk about your own slot is nauseous.
It is futile.
Please talk about other players.
I want others to talk about parabola's contributions not you.
Thank you.
This post isn't about parabola's contributions; it's about some of parabola's theory that you insist I must townread just because I agree with it.

I suggest you try a little thing called
reading comprehension

Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 641, e_is_cool wrote: Wonderful I wonder why those are the exact same as everyone else's.
So because several players seem to be reading the game in a similar fashion, that makes it scummy? This is a slow game with a ton of lurking. Do you really think the reads would be super diverse?
In post 641, e_is_cool wrote: My read on parabola was too inactive to read.
Not even going to take a stab at it? You left parabola off your reads back in , and haven't interacted much with him, or said anything about the slot this game. How are we in Day 2 and you can't even give parabola a null-read?
In post 641, e_is_cool wrote:
In post 553, Loopdan wrote:I'm here but probably won't get caught up until tomorrow evening.

Feel free to let me know what you think is relevant information.
Venca accuses Loopdan at first based on this one post. I don't really get how this post is scummy. Also, Venca's vague-ness is a bit suspicious, because he could get away making something up about any part of the post. (Or the classic "It was a reaction test" excuse.) Venca, how is this post scummy?
It was a transparently obvious reaction test.
In post 590, Loopdan wrote:
In post 589, Dirty Harry2 wrote:@loopdan

Who do you think had a dominant role in newearth's misslynch?
I don't see any player as having a
dominant
role. It looks like the wagon just kind of grew and happened to be the best option near deadline. There was no competing wagon after Skold's fell apart. Earth and Nacho both had votes on Vecna, but that wasn't going anywhere with Nacho MIA.

My guess is the lynch was largely town-driven. rb (conftown) put the L-1 vote on earth. Franky (conftown to me) hammered.
Spoiler: snipped out irrelevant part of post
I don't like Skold's vote in that put earth at L-2. Skold had two votes on him and yet claimed VT and said he was going to be avoiding the thread "Hopefully the entire rest of the day." I also don't like e_is_cool's . Looks opportunistic to put the third vote on earth for insufficient stated reasons. Skold and Vecna had been voting each other for part of the Day, then united for the earth lynch. If there is scum on the wagon, it could be there.

Here's the way it went down:

Franky has the first vote on earth way back in .
parabola joined in with a second vote in .
Franky changed his vote to e in , but jumped back on the wagon in , after which parabola changes votes in .
Vecna joins the wagon in .
e_is_cool put earth at L-2 in . It was e's first vote of the game.
Franky jumped off the wagon soon thereafter in .
Skold came in and put earth back at L-2 in .
rb jumped on (L-1), then quickly back off, then back on the wagon (L-1) in , , and .
Then Franky hammered in , which I know was town, but you do not.
I seriously don't know why you needed to state Franky as town, and I also don't get how hammering town is not scummy. Hammering town is always scummy. (At least it's suspicious.)
I stated the lynch appeared to be largely town-driven. Then I supported that statement by pointing out two town players who finished the lynch. I never said that hammering town wasn't scummy. Hammering town is by definition anti-town (which is not necessarily scummy). I'm not defending the mislynch, just answering Harry's question about who had a dominant role in the lynch.
In post 641, e_is_cool wrote: Anyways, Loopdan is suspicious (though this might just be confirmation bias), I still don't think Venca is town, and Nacho is suspicious for not scumhunting at all (more recently) and just defending.
Do you have any reasons for being suspicious of me other than my reads-list was similar to other players'? How do you view Franky's actions during Day 1?
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 629, goodmorning wrote:I'm still ride or die on Skold-Town but wtf is going on here???
That was at page 7 of your catch-up:
I was uncertain with the tone of your attitude towards Skold:
"too many Skold posts I DON'T NEED"
"I really don't need 40 more posts from Skold to drown the 1 contentish post e will undoubtedly provide."

That is no way to encourage a town player.
Content and contributions are key.
What if town-Skold has feelings?

In post 651, goodmorning wrote:You have a habit of obfuscation. Concerning.
I hear that many "experts" say that is a scum-tell.
How will you proceed with a player that has a supposed habit of obfuscating?
In post 651, goodmorning wrote:You seem awfully interested in defending yourself before I've even properly begone the attack.
Not defending myself.
Just destroying every contradiction and illogical point you raise.

Begin your attack.
Then I will highlight more logical fallacies and holes.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 654, Dirty Harry2 wrote:
That was at page 7 of your catch-up:
I was uncertain with the tone of your attitude towards Skold:
"too many Skold posts I DON'T NEED"
"I really don't need 40 more posts from Skold to drown the 1 contentish post e will undoubtedly provide."

That is no way to encourage a town player.
Content and contributions are key.
What if town-Skold has feelings?
I don't need any more Skold posts because 1. I'm sure he's Town and 2. he's mostly been a huge distraction rather than a major force of scumhunting. Just to clarify properly.
In post 651, goodmorning wrote:You have a habit of obfuscation. Concerning.
I hear that many "experts" say that is a scum-tell.
How will you proceed with a player that has a supposed habit of obfuscating?
Save them for when I'm feeling patient and/or belligerent, usually.
In post 651, goodmorning wrote:You seem awfully interested in defending yourself before I've even properly begone the attack.
Not defending myself.
Just destroying every contradiction and illogical point you raise.

Begin your attack.
Then I will highlight more logical fallacies and holes.
l o l

This site is my favourite source for that.

(Also, pretty sure you have to have pointed out at least one before you can point out "more.")

Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 652, goodmorning wrote:In a post you wrote AFTER TNE WAS LYNCHED, you imply that you think he was not lynched but nightkilled. STOP OBFUSCATING.
thenewearth was lynched by Franky.
That is a fact.
If I said something that contradicted that fact I must apoligize.
Let the record state thenewearth was lynched.
Actually, the mod has kindly provided these facts on page 1 if you would care to revisit them.

During D1, I did not know how he would die.
Hence, 'widen focus incase you are NK'd'.

In post 652, goodmorning wrote:This post isn't about parabola's contributions; it's about some of parabola's theory that you insist I must townread just because I agree with it.

I suggest you try a little thing called
reading comprehension
From my perspective you were talking about parabola's contributions in a positive light.
I would usually want this type of interaction via players of a different slot.
If you do not see how/why I see this, then there is nothing more I can say to help you.
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 655, goodmorning wrote:I don't need any more Skold posts because 1. I'm sure he's Town and 2. he's mostly been a huge distraction rather than a major force of scumhunting.
Thank you for clarifying this.
So who are the two mafia that inhabit our Newbie 1723 village?
In post 655, goodmorning wrote:Save them for when I'm feeling patient and/or belligerent, usually.
If I felt strongly about obfuscating being a solid scum-tell I would cement that scum-read with a vote.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by Ircher »

Day 2 VC #6Vecna (0) -
e_is_cool (2) - ,
Harry (0) -
Skold (0) -
Loop (0) -
Goodmorning (2) - ,
Nacho (0) -
Not Voting (3) - e_is_cool, Loop,

Lynch ThresholdWith 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

DeadlineDay 1 ends on August 2, 2016 5:30 PM EST DST+1 or in (expired on 2016-08-02 17:30:00).

Mod NotesMod is V/LA until 7/29.
I will probably be around, but not for a very long time during that period. Please address SirCakez if any issues arise during that time.

This VC has been updated and should be accurate.

Just swapped EP's name for GM's in the votecount
Last edited by SirCakez on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
e_is_cool
e_is_cool
Townie
e_is_cool
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by e_is_cool »

Spoiler: Response to Loopdan
So because several players seem to be reading the game in a similar fashion, that makes it scummy? This is a slow game with a ton of lurking. Do you really think the reads would be super diverse?
I never said it was scummy. Your response here is a bit of an overreaction. Rather than defending your reads as your own reads, you defend the fact that in a game like this reads aren't diverse. Pretty suspicious.
Not even going to take a stab at it? You left parabola off your reads back in 204, and haven't interacted much with him, or said anything about the slot this game. How are we in Day 2 and you can't even give parabola a null-read?
"Too inactive to read" basically implies null read.
Nice buddying. I would still like Venca's thoughts on this.
I stated the lynch appeared to be largely town-driven. Then I supported that statement by pointing out two town players who finished the lynch. I never said that hammering town wasn't scummy. Hammering town is by definition anti-town (which is not necessarily scummy). I'm not defending the mislynch, just answering Harry's question about who had a dominant role in the lynch.
It really wasn't your post that was scummy, but you made me remember that you hammered a town to death. I also don't get how anti-town is not the same as scummy. Also, why aren't you defending the mislynch when you said earlier that you would've jumped on the wagon if you were here Day 1?
Do you have any reasons for being suspicious of me other than my reads-list was similar to other players'? How do you view Franky's actions during Day 1?
Your hammering of town. Also, I think Franky was a null read for me.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 659, e_is_cool wrote:
I never said it was scummy. Your response here is a bit of an overreaction. Rather than defending your reads as your own reads, you defend the fact that in a game like this reads aren't diverse. Pretty suspicious.
"Pretty suspicious"?

Confirmed for scum.
Not even going to take a stab at it? You left parabola off your reads back in 204, and haven't interacted much with him, or said anything about the slot this game. How are we in Day 2 and you can't even give parabola a null-read?
Then why didn't you say that instead of avoiding making a read. Are you so scared that your scum-manufactured reads will get you caught that you can't even state a null-read?
Do you know what buddying is? But here's something we agree on; I'd like to hear Venca's thoughts on this, too.
In post 659, e_is_cool wrote: It really wasn't your post that was scummy, but you made me remember that you hammered a town to death. I also don't get how anti-town is not the same as scummy. Also, why aren't you defending the mislynch when you said earlier that you would've jumped on the wagon if you were here Day 1?
I'll let the IC explain the difference between anti-town and scumminess. I'm not going to waste my time writing it out for scum.

Why do you think I would defend a mislynch? :? Yeah I said that if I was in the game Day 1 I would have probably been on that mislynch wagon. That doesn't mean I liked seeing the flip go the way it did.
In post 659, e_is_cool wrote: Do you have any reasons for being suspicious of me other than my reads-list was similar to other players'? How do you view Franky's actions during Day 1?
Your hammering of town. Also, I think Franky was a null read for me.[/spoiler]
Wut? How is Franky null for you, yet you scum-read my slot for hammering town? Franky was the player in my slot that hammered town. Are you even reading this game?

Intend to hammer (but not anytime soon): e_is_scum
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by Vecna »

Hurray stuff is happening

Some responses to our new replacement
: Vecna is actually posting! But SO MANY WORDS. Kind of a boring TNE case w/e too much playstyle not enough actual reasoning
Words are good, words are nice. After all that you've been doing on the last two pages I dont think you should attack someone for being wordy. Also im pretty sure I outlined (with quite many words) why I thought scum would be changing their minds so rapidly in the way he did.
: Vecna scumslip? "my reads are probably far superior to any
town
player thinking theyre oh so awesome this game"
Not sure if this is a jokepost or you really think this is a scumslip, either way it was clearly addressed at other town players, not scum or myself.....so yeah im quite sure the phrase town player was what I was going for there.
: so Vecna reminds me of someone I'm currently very annoyed with. not sure if accidental confbias may be/have occurring/ed.
This sounds like the start of a beautiful love story.......What caused the annoyance exactly?
Pages 16-20:
Vecna is pushing TNE really hard and I can't even care? I know I should care, but come on, there are so many reasons people can change their minds, Vecna, what a silly argument...
Feels like too many people are just agreeing with whoever sounds the most plausible at the time, without actually stopping to think about what they're agreeing with.
Yeah pretty sure you should care since these events are probably key to unraveling this game.....Either way, seeing how tne flipped town there obviously were reasons why he changed his mind. It wouldve beeen nice if they would share those reasons though instead of depending on people being telepathic. Instead of refusing to answer any questions and throwing self-voting tantrums.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 577, Loopdan wrote:Scum reads (in no particular order):
e_is_cool
parabola
Nacho

Town reads (in no particular order):
Skold
Vecna
Harry
Wonderful I wonder why those are the exact same as everyone else's.

Also, from what I see, Nacho is only defending and shows no signs of scumhunting, at least at the start of Day 2. (Oh wait that describes me too...)
In post 611, Loopdan wrote:Am I mistaken or did Harry not place a single vote Day 1? In my very limited mafia experience I've never seen that.

So e, five days ago you said you'd "catch up on Day 2 soon. (By soon, I mean any amount of time between 0-3 days. Hopefully less than 1.5 days.)"

@e-- Other than a brief conversation about what website you have played mafia at, I don think you've interacted with parabola this game (please correct me if I'm wrong about this). I'd like your read on parabola's alignment and play.
My read on parabola was too inactive to read.

I'm going to look at Loopdan's posts a bit more.
In post 553, Loopdan wrote:I'm here but probably won't get caught up until tomorrow evening.

Feel free to let me know what you think is relevant information.
Venca accuses Loopdan at first based on this one post. I don't really get how this post is scummy. Also, Venca's vague-ness is a bit suspicious, because he could get away making something up about any part of the post. (Or the classic "It was a reaction test" excuse.) Venca, how is this post scummy?
In post 590, Loopdan wrote:
In post 589, Dirty Harry2 wrote:@loopdan

Who do you think had a dominant role in newearth's misslynch?
I don't see any player as having a
dominant
role. It looks like the wagon just kind of grew and happened to be the best option near deadline. There was no competing wagon after Skold's fell apart. Earth and Nacho both had votes on Vecna, but that wasn't going anywhere with Nacho MIA.

My guess is the lynch was largely town-driven. rb (conftown) put the L-1 vote on earth. Franky (conftown to me) hammered. I don't like Skold's vote in that put earth at L-2. Skold had two votes on him and yet claimed VT and said he was going to be avoiding the thread "Hopefully the entire rest of the day." I also don't like e_is_cool's . Looks opportunistic to put the third vote on earth for insufficient stated reasons. Skold and Vecna had been voting each other for part of the Day, then united for the earth lynch. If there is scum on the wagon, it could be there.

Here's the way it went down:

Franky has the first vote on earth way back in .
parabola joined in with a second vote in .
Franky changed his vote to e in , but jumped back on the wagon in , after which parabola changes votes in .
Vecna joins the wagon in .
e_is_cool put earth at L-2 in . It was e's first vote of the game.
Franky jumped off the wagon soon thereafter in .
Skold came in and put earth back at L-2 in .
rb jumped on (L-1), then quickly back off, then back on the wagon (L-1) in , , and .
Then Franky hammered in , which I know was town, but you do not.
I seriously don't know why you needed to state Franky as town, and I also don't get how hammering town is not scummy. Hammering town is always scummy. (At least it's suspicious.)

Anyways, Loopdan is suspicious (though this might just be confirmation bias), I still don't think Venca is town, and Nacho is suspicious for not scumhunting at all (more recently) and just defending.
So you finally respond again, and the only thing you adress;
-some weird statement made by skold regarding his vt claim
-noting that loopdan has the same reads as everyone else, which has literally been stated by at least 2-3 people before.
-You claim that the person that is hammering is scummy. Why is the person hammering more scummy then the rest of the people on the wagon? Why is you voting him not scummy for example?

And then you come out with 3 weak reads that have no reasoning provided whatsoever.

QUESTIONS:
-Why is loopdan suspicious? Any other reasons besides hammering TNE?
-Why do you mind me voting Loopdan if you think he's suspicious?
-If you dont think me voting Loopdan right out of the gates there is a reaction test (after ive been townreading his slot for a long time) - then what do you think im voting him for there? Why did you choose to mention that thing in your first post in forever out of everything that has happened this game?
-Why do you think im not town?
-Why is Nacho scum for "not scumhunting, but just defending himself"?
-Does "not scumhunting, but just defending himself" apply to E_is_cool as well?
e_is_cool
e_is_cool
Townie
e_is_cool
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:53 am

Post by e_is_cool »

Spoiler: Response to Loopdan
In post 660, Loopdan wrote:
"Pretty suspicious"?

Confirmed for scum.
That was just my way of clarifying that the post was suspicious, rather than just making a comment on it. Also, you still haven't responded to this attack.
Then why didn't you say that instead of avoiding making a read. Are you so scared that your scum-manufactured reads will get you caught that you can't even state a null-read?
Are you saying only scum would not give a read?
Do you know what buddying is? But here's something we agree on; I'd like to hear Venca's thoughts on this, too.
Not much, but it certainly implies you know what Venca is thinking. Also, you were pretty much defending the vote that Venca put on you.
In post 659, e_is_cool wrote: It really wasn't your post that was scummy, but you made me remember that you hammered a town to death. I also don't get how anti-town is not the same as scummy. Also, why aren't you defending the mislynch when you said earlier that you would've jumped on the wagon if you were here Day 1?
I'll let the IC explain the difference between anti-town and scumminess. I'm not going to waste my time writing it out for scum.

Why do you think I would defend a mislynch? :? Yeah I said that if I was in the game Day 1 I would have probably been on that mislynch wagon. That doesn't mean I liked seeing the flip go the way it did.
First, this is a newbie game and just because you think I'm scum doesn't mean you can't teach me something. You just seem to want to keep important information out of my hands. Second, do you think anyone would say "Yes, I liked it when a town got lynched Day 1?" But I might have misunderstood you, because I thought you were not defending the motive behind the Day 1 lynch.

In post 659, e_is_cool wrote: Do you have any reasons for being suspicious of me other than my reads-list was similar to other players'? How do you view Franky's actions during Day 1?
Your hammering of town. Also, I think Franky was a null read for me.
Wut? How is Franky null for you, yet you scum-read my slot for hammering town? Franky was the player in my slot that hammered town. Are you even reading this game?

Intend to hammer (but not anytime soon): e_is_scum
Well please tell me when you are going to do that.
e_is_cool
e_is_cool
Townie
e_is_cool
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:01 am

Post by e_is_cool »

Spoiler: Response to Venca
In post 662, Vecna wrote:
So you finally respond again, and the only thing you adress;
-some weird statement made by skold regarding his vt claim
-noting that loopdan has the same reads as everyone else, which has literally been stated by at least 2-3 people before.
-You claim that the person that is hammering is scummy. Why is the person hammering more scummy then the rest of the people on the wagon? Why is you voting him not scummy for example?

And then you come out with 3 weak reads that have no reasoning provided whatsoever.
Hammering town is scummy because it is... From the games I've played, hammering town is scummy, especially with that little reasoning that Franky provided.

QUESTIONS:
-Why is loopdan suspicious? Any other reasons besides hammering TNE?
-Why do you mind me voting Loopdan if you think he's suspicious?
-If you dont think me voting Loopdan right out of the gates there is a reaction test (after ive been townreading his slot for a long time) - then what do you think im voting him for there? Why did you choose to mention that thing in your first post in forever out of everything that has happened this game?
-Why do you think im not town?
-Why is Nacho scum for "not scumhunting, but just defending himself"?
-Does "not scumhunting, but just defending himself" apply to E_is_cool as well?
I've already stated this, but he hammered town and in one of his posts he explicitly states that he is town.
Even though I find Loopdan suspicious it doesn't mean I like all votes on him. You voted him with very little reason which is why I found you suspicious.
First, I was catching up on Day 2 and I didn't find anything interesting in the first few pages on Day 2. I don't know why you are voting Loopdan. I expect you to know.
All the reasons stated before. I'll have to revisit that.
All the same reasons you all accused me of during Day 1.
Yes, during Day 1.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:05 am

Post by Loopdan »

I just realized Dirty Harry unvoted in , so...

VOTE: e_is_scum

This puts e at L-1
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:16 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 663, e_is_cool wrote:

First, this is a newbie game and just because you think I'm scum doesn't mean you can't teach me something. You just seem to want to keep important information out of my hands. Second, do you think anyone would say "Yes, I liked it when a town got lynched Day 1?" But I might have misunderstood you, because I thought you were not defending the motive behind the Day 1 lynch.
Point taken about my bolded statement above. I apologize for getting snippy. I don't like playing with people who exhibit attitudes like that, and then I fell into it myself.

Anti-town behaviors and actions are not necessarily scummy. "Scummy" refers to actions done by mafia-aligned players. "Anti-town" refers to actions that hurt the town's chances of winning the game. Oftentimes, town-aligned players act in ways that are anti-town, like voting against another town-aligned player. This doesn't mean they are scummy.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:33 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 656, Dirty Harry2 wrote:
In post 652, goodmorning wrote:In a post you wrote AFTER TNE WAS LYNCHED, you imply that you think he was not lynched but nightkilled. STOP OBFUSCATING.
thenewearth was lynched by Franky.
That is a fact.
If I said something that contradicted that fact I must apoligize.
Let the record state thenewearth was lynched.
Actually, the mod has kindly provided these facts on page 1 if you would care to revisit them.

During D1, I did not know how he would die.
Hence, 'widen focus incase you are NK'd'.
You're still missing what I'm saying here. I'm not referencing 206 at all when I say you faked a townslip. I'm referencing and 633 alone.

Now that I'm rereading my response to 633 I've noticed you choose weird things to follow up on and weirder things to drop.
In post 657, Dirty Harry2 wrote:
In post 655, goodmorning wrote:I don't need any more Skold posts because 1. I'm sure he's Town and 2. he's mostly been a huge distraction rather than a major force of scumhunting.
Thank you for clarifying this.
So who are the two mafia that inhabit our Newbie 1723 village?
Interestingly, all those catching-up words I wrote weren't only for my own benefit.
In post 655, goodmorning wrote:Save them for when I'm feeling patient and/or belligerent, usually.
If I felt strongly about obfuscating being a solid scum-tell I would cement that scum-read with a vote.
I don't recall saying any such thing at any recent time.

@e:
I'm going to explain the anti-Town =/= Scum thing real quick since Nacho's not around and I also IC.
Let's go with an example from this game: you spent all of Day 1 playing defense and posting very little actual content. That's anti-Town, but it's a thing you did, so if you're Town...

Besides that, the vast majority of D1 hammers on Town come from Town, because the vast majority of players in the game are Town.

Also, pro-Town =/= Town. Scum want to do pro-Town things too so that they can look Town.

Vote: DH

Since I'm not into the e vote atm.

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:40 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 661, Vecna wrote:
: Vecna is actually posting! But SO MANY WORDS. Kind of a boring TNE case w/e too much playstyle not enough actual reasoning
Words are good, words are nice. After all that you've been doing on the last two pages I dont think you should attack someone for being wordy. Also im pretty sure I outlined (with quite many words) why I thought scum would be changing their minds so rapidly in the way he did.
What I've done the last few pages is condense my thoughts on 25 pages into a few relatively short posts. Except when talking to DH, but you can't really blame me for fighting fire with fire.

It's interesting that that's what you chose to address there.
: Vecna scumslip? "my reads are probably far superior to any
town
player thinking theyre oh so awesome this game"
Not sure if this is a jokepost or you really think this is a scumslip, either way it was clearly addressed at other town players, not scum or myself.....so yeah im quite sure the phrase town player was what I was going for there.
It's typically obvious when I'm jokeposting. I'll maintain that it looks wobbly.
: so Vecna reminds me of someone I'm currently very annoyed with. not sure if accidental confbias may be/have occurring/ed.
This sounds like the start of a beautiful love story.......What caused the annoyance exactly?
Ego.
Pages 16-20:
Vecna is pushing TNE really hard and I can't even care? I know I should care, but come on, there are so many reasons people can change their minds, Vecna, what a silly argument...
Feels like too many people are just agreeing with whoever sounds the most plausible at the time, without actually stopping to think about what they're agreeing with.
Yeah pretty sure you should care since these events are probably key to unraveling this game.....Either way, seeing how tne flipped town there obviously were reasons why he changed his mind. It wouldve beeen nice if they would share those reasons though instead of depending on people being telepathic. Instead of refusing to answer any questions and throwing self-voting tantrums.
1. Why is everyone still trying to get me to care about the TNE wagon? TNE literally pushed it himself. That's very unlikely to unravel anyone's alignment.
2. Again, it's interesting the bit you chose to focus on.
3. You're doing the thing I wanted Nacho to comment on again.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

V/LA until Friday

This weekend is very likely to be a "catch up in all mafia games and other sort of stuff" type of weekend; setting aside tomorrow in order to make that possible.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Ircher »

Prodding Skold (2d 3h). Skold has (expired on 2016-07-28 21:22:15) to respond.
Last edited by Ircher on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Post by Vecna »

Goodmorning, how about instead of trying to vaguely insinuate stuff you just come out and say it, so we don't have to guess what you mean? Its wonderfull that you find my contributions, and the part I focus on "interesting" - but why? And what are you trying to allude to exactly?

I also find it fascinating that you come out here, taking a slot under fire, and then start focusing pretty much all your effort on the person that is townread the most in this game. You claim its DH "obfuscating", yet I dare say you do the exact same thing by just starting a little one on one conflict and focusing large portions of text and pages in attacks on DH. That is still even besides the point that if anyone has been short and to the point in his msg's this game its been DH.

The sense I get from you is that youre just trying to put up a smokescreen to divert attention away from yourself, and appear towny. That combined with how Parabola was playing, you are firmly staying among my top2 scumreads for now.

How about you answer the following:
-You've made some insinuations regarding me and my playstyle. Do you scumread me? If so, why?
-You've also been mentioning E_is_cool in passing, but only to the extent of wanting to see more of him, and complaining about people that talk much more because they "drown out the few posts made by E" (just paraphrasing here). How do you feel about E? What do you think his allignment is, and what makes you think that?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 669, Nachomamma8 wrote:
V/LA until Friday

This weekend is very likely to be a "catch up in all mafia games and other sort of stuff" type of weekend; setting aside tomorrow in order to make that possible.
Looking forward to seeing a proper reads list from you again......Better not wait until the last 4 hours again though
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:27 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

I will be online this evening.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:41 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 671, Vecna wrote:Goodmorning, how about instead of trying to vaguely insinuate stuff you just come out and say it, so we don't have to guess what you mean? Its wonderfull that you find my contributions, and the part I focus on "interesting" - but why? And what are you trying to allude to exactly?
I need Nacho's reactions to my implications more than you need to know what they are right now. Patience.
I also find it fascinating that you come out here, taking a slot under fire, and then start focusing pretty much all your effort on the person that is townread the most in this game. You claim its DH "obfuscating", yet I dare say you do the exact same thing by just starting a little one on one conflict and focusing large portions of text and pages in attacks on DH. That is still even besides the point that if anyone has been short and to the point in his msg's this game its been DH.

The sense I get from you is that youre just trying to put up a smokescreen to divert attention away from yourself, and appear towny. That combined with how Parabola was playing, you are firmly staying among my top2 scumreads for now.
Let me answer this with two hypotheticals:
1. If I had replaced in and agreed with the consensus scumread on e and townread on DH, how would you have felt about me?
2. If you replaced into a game and saw someone very scummy that literally
everyone else
thought was Town, where would you focus most of your attention?

I may have to come back to the "short and to the point" thing, because evidence suggests he isn't. But that's too windy for the moment.
How about you answer the following:
-You've made some insinuations regarding me and my playstyle. Do you scumread me? If so, why?
See above for more info on this. Why did you ask the same thing twice in the same post?
-You've also been mentioning E_is_cool in passing, but only to the extent of wanting to see more of him, and complaining about people that talk much more because they "drown out the few posts made by E" (just paraphrasing here). How do you feel about E? What do you think his allignment is, and what makes you think that?
Spoiler: From my previous posts
In post 627, goodmorning wrote:
In post 22, e_is_cool wrote:Hello.
Because no one has done RQS (is there one of those on this forum?) I will do that now.
1) Are you mafia or town?
2) Any experience?
3) Which side will win?
My answers:
1) SK
2) Around 3 games of mafia (on another forum)
3) Tie. Vig and Mafia will shoot each other last night. (This game will be secretly BM and Vig will show up out of nowhere.)
And just to bandwagon because no votes count, VOTE: thenewearth.
I'm not a huge fan of this particular RQS. I wasn't actually going to explain this but nobody really seems to agree so: 1&3 put forward ostensible interest in catching Scum but are actually 100% useless for the purpose. This is similar to LAMIST but not quite the same.

Page 2:
looks better from e though. Not super indicative but I like the aggression.
yeah, this is good aggression from e.
: S A S S

Page 4:
: "You look like you're trying to get other people to provide content for you," says e, and I am pretty sold on e-Town.
In post 635, goodmorning wrote:Pages 21-25:: e is POSTING! And all it took was lack of tunnel. Pretty normal newbish.
I ignored all the defensive posts because there was nothing alignment-indicative about any of them, in case that was your next question.

It took me 3 minutes to click the ISO button and skim my ISO for mentions of e. (And it would have been faster if it had been anyone I referred to by more than one letter.)
In post 667, goodmorning wrote:
Interestingly, all those catching-up words I wrote weren't only for my own benefit.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”