Mini 1802: Paint Mafia Sequel - Game Over!

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:48 am

Post by pieguyn »

well, shit.

let me think.

@TTH:
In post 1396, pieguyn wrote:for the most part, yes. if you want I can link the scum games of his I've seen so you can get more of a feel for what I'm trying to say here?
you really don't want me to do this? I think if you look at how he tends to play when he's scum, it's pretty obvious that it doesn't look the same as here.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:48 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1417, kraska77 wrote:So I'm crossing out pie and tgb as scum #3 candidates because they're sticking out their necks too much in a way that doesn't make sense for scum survivalism
Being in the shadow of one of the most opinionated people in the game is the exact opposite of "sticking his neck out."
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:51 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1425, pieguyn wrote:well, shit.

let me think.

@TTH:
In post 1396, pieguyn wrote:for the most part, yes. if you want I can link the scum games of his I've seen so you can get more of a feel for what I'm trying to say here?
you really don't want me to do this? I think if you look at how he tends to play when he's scum, it's pretty obvious that it doesn't look the same as here.
I'm not hard scum reading anything Kat's doing but the red flip still looms and I'm not townreading him either.

You can go ahead and do it but I can't guarantee I'll put much stock into it.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:58 am

Post by kraska77 »

He is openly sheeping pie and joins her whenever she's grilling someone, yes...but he's being just as vocal about all of this as she is. and the way he was constantly discrediting rc is idiotic play if he's scum
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:58 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1422, Something_Smart wrote:@pie: tbh I kinda expected more people to sheep RC. So when I saw that wasn't happening (and other wagons were building up instead), I was going to make a case on you.
SS seems to be doing his best to prove I was wrong about him.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:59 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1428, kraska77 wrote:He is openly sheeping pie and joins her whenever she's grilling someone, yes...but he's being just as vocal about all of this as she is. and the way he was constantly discrediting rc is idiotic play if he's scum
Not really. By himself, he wouldn't be able to carry this game and I think he's well aware of that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1429, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1422, Something_Smart wrote:@pie: tbh I kinda expected more people to sheep RC. So when I saw that wasn't happening (and other wagons were building up instead), I was going to make a case on you.
SS seems to be doing his best to prove I was wrong about him.
About what?
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:09 am

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1430, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1428, kraska77 wrote:He is openly sheeping pie and joins her whenever she's grilling someone, yes...but he's being just as vocal about all of this as she is. and the way he was constantly discrediting rc is idiotic play if he's scum
Not really. By himself, he wouldn't be able to carry this game and I think he's well aware of that.
If you think he's scum, who do you have as possible partner? Do you not agree katsuki would have flipped blue if he were teamed with tgb?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:11 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Pie, I think TBG is a great place for us to meet in the middle. It sounds like you're picking up on the same things I am and you haven't given any reason to think he's town.

I have my doubts about Katsuki so I'll hold off lynching there (but if TBG really is scum I expect Kat to go tomorrow).
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:13 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1432, kraska77 wrote:If you think he's scum, who do you have as possible partner? Do you not agree katsuki would have flipped blue if he were teamed with tgb?
Bella
I don't agree at all and I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:19 am

Post by kraska77 »

:') Thanks to my Ne i make mental jumps like that all the time and have difficulty explaining them coherently until some time passes
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:48 am

In post 1434, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1432, kraska77 wrote:If you think he's scum, who do you have as possible partner? Do you not agree katsuki would have flipped blue if he were teamed with tgb?
Bella
I don't agree at all and I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion.
Well, TBG claimed color miller, so I don't see why scum would bother painting him blue...
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:50 am

Post by kraska77 »

^and also between tgb and katsuki i think katsuki can talk themselves out of a lynch and has better chances at surviving (no offense to tgb)
And other reasons I can't quite put to words now
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:08 am

Post by kraska77 »

Anyway not feeling scumtgb...he's like a secondary consensus scumread for everyone and secondary consensus scumreads are usually town
Still think katsuki is the best lynch for today
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:09 am

Post by kraska77 »

Zulfy, nahdia, Bella and tgb where are you guys
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:19 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Who besides my slot has ever called TBG scum?
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:21 am

Post by kraska77 »

Everyone? Everyone has tgb in their scum pool iirc
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

i don't have tbg in my scum pool
I prefer they, thanks :)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:36 am

In post 1438, kraska77 wrote:Anyway not feeling scumtgb...he's like a secondary consensus scumread for everyone and secondary consensus scumreads are usually town
Still think katsuki is the best lynch for today
The only reason he's a secondary scumread and not a primary one is that I don't see him being with pie.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:39 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1441, kraska77 wrote:Everyone? Everyone has tgb in their scum pool iirc
Fuck, I had no idea I had to deal with a Titus mini-me.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:45 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Here's what's happening: pie isn't going to let a Kat lynch go through and I'm not 100% sure that's what I want anyway. I don't think I want S_S to be today's lynch either.

TBG is probably scum and it's someone I would work with pie on. If you have a reason for thinking TBG is town, explain it using words. Otherwise, you're just being an obstructionist and you're doing more damage to the game state than scum could ever hope to do.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:51 am

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1442, Dwlee99 wrote:i don't have tbg in my scum pool
youre not doing jack shit this game so you dont count lol
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:56 am

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1444, TellTaleHeart wrote:
im not pulling this stuff out of my butt
nobody townreads tgb(except dwlee hehe), which means everyone finds him scummy to some degree, he's nobody's priority lynch or priority to sort out but he's in everyone's scum pool
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:57 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1433, TellTaleHeart wrote:Pie, I think TBG is a great place for us to meet in the middle. It sounds like you're picking up on the same things I am and you haven't given any reason to think he's town.

I have my doubts about Katsuki so I'll hold off lynching there (but if TBG really is scum I expect Kat to go tomorrow).
was thinking the same.

vote: TBG

about Katsuki, these are the scum games of his I was either in or followed to some extent:

Touhou UPick 3 this was my direct experience with Katsuki as scum. it had a lot of trolling, etc., but he clearly was taking the game seriously, attempting to make town-sounding points and look town, was significantly more active than he is here, and so forth.
Anything UPick this is actually where I started seriously thinking about Katsuki and whether it made sense for him to be scum here, since I wasn't in this, but I came across it looking for Katsuki scum games a while back. here he lurked a lot, but he makes it obvious it was strategic both in postgame and due to his demeanor in general - he wasn't posting but when he did post it was very focused and goal-driven.

there are also games like Through the Looking Glass, which while that happened all the way back in 2014 it at least makes it completely obvious that Katsuki enjoys playing scum and knows what to do as scum.

then these are the most recent games when I've seen him as town, FG's game excluded:

Pick your Power 6 was disconnected the majority of the game, didn't do anything, didn't push any reads.
Touhou UPick 4 basically just trolled all game, didn't push any reads.
Mod error he got wagoned D1 and spent most of the game lashing out at people voting him for stupid reasons. he was really loud about his reads, but he did this because he actually had reads he felt strongly about, and most of them were correct.

from my experience with him, which I think these games highlight, he's a player who as town doesn't feel any need to play the game seriously until and unless he has something he actually wants to accomplish.

what he's doing here? he's disconnected, not enjoying the game, and most of his major pushes came as a result of what he thought were people pushing him in disingenuous ways (lala D2 and RC/Nahdia this game day). outside of that, he's not pushing any reads and has mostly just latched onto me in terms of the direction he wants to take the game. it doesn't seem goal-driven at all, and his disengagement doesn't seem feigned. in particular I empathize with how he felt about lala, since my impression of lala's play was "it's really wrong and I don't have the slightest clue why she would be playing like this if she was town". with this in mind, his D3 opening read to me (both tonally and in terms of content) like he was just lost and had no idea what to even do with the game anymore.

I thought the way he blew up at me after I pushed him also looked town since I really didn't see an ulterior motive behind it; if you try to follow his mindset, though, then it makes sense. here he was not knowing what he should do and the person he's mostly just following is pushing him. I first thought it lacked all the fire I usually see from him when he's town, but after reading into his posts more I think it makes more sense that way just due to how apathetic he's been.

I am going to feel really fucking embarrassed if I posted this and he winds up being scum, especially since he has a play style that in theory would allow him to decide one game to go "hehueuhe I'll just be completely useless all game and people will read me as town for it!!11", but I don't *really* think that's what's going on here (his reads seem fairly reasonable to me) and I don't know why he would pick this game where I'm likely the only one who's had enough games with him to be able to see something like that, if he even would have expected it from me.

so all things considered, I think it's pretty likely Katsuki is town here.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:59 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1447, kraska77 wrote:
In post 1444, TellTaleHeart wrote:
im not pulling this stuff out of my butt
nobody townreads tgb(except dwlee hehe), which means everyone finds him scummy to some degree, he's nobody's priority lynch or priority to sort out but he's in everyone's scum pool
Alright-y

Why does that make him town? Don't tell me "secondary scumreads are usually town." I haven't kept data, but I've been on this site for two years and that doesn't sound like a very salient trend.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”