Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:26 am

Post by Dierfire »

VOTE COUNT 3.08

Hoopla (3): Elyse, Grendel, Egg
BlankFace (2): Hoopla, BBmolla
Elyse (1): Killthestory

No Vote (2): BlankFace, Wingback

With 8 players living, a lynch requires 5/8 votes.

TIMER

Deadline suspended pending replacement for BlankFace

NOTES

Seeking replacement for BlankFace
Last edited by Dierfire on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:23 pm

Post by Wingback »

In post 1240, Grendel wrote:@Blank, BBmolla, Wingback Will any of you consider voting Hoopla???
No, and I want to discuss this more. Now that we have an indefinite deadline extension, it's in our best interest to go over the game with a fine toothed comb. I've caught up now and I'm townreading Hoopla. In fact, the only two people I'd bet the game on being town are you and Hoopla. If you want, I'm happy to go over your reasoning so we can talk about it more in depth.

I strongly suggest no one put anyone at L-1 anytime soon. You'll see a lot of content from me. KTS claiming he would trollhammer is getting ridiculous and I don't want to cut the day short.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by Wingback »

I'll outline a summary of my reads so everyone knows where my head is at and then I'll go over the cases/reasons against Hoopla. Grendel is obviously town so that needs no explanation.

Hoopla
has echoed my thoughts on the game several times. Her accusation that Egg is floating by giving "content" is absolutely dead-on as is her increasing paranoia over BBMolla being scum for not posting any content after her initial townread on him. It mirrored the exact same progression of read that I had on Molla, going from town for ATE -> maybe scum for lack of content or scumhunting -> probably town for how he revealed that he was in the neighborhood. Her play around the Masquerade wagon was actually ridiculously town. It didn't seem like she already knew Masq's alignment and was trying to look the best from it. Rather, it looked to me like she was genuinely trying to figure her out. Take for example and . If she were scum with Masq, she'd know that it would make her look absolutely horrendous once Masq flips. She'd know that Masq has a short shelf life so she would be planning all her moves around the Masq flip. Hoopla certainly wouldn't have any delusions of taking Masq with her to endgame. Given that, I think Hoopla would bus here but the fact that she took such a risk and instead tries to kickstart an Egg wagon makes her way more likely to be town. Hoopla's play has consistently revolved around taking the optimal strategy in any given situation rather than follow her reads and has many times stated that she lacks confidence in her reads. From the standpoint of a player like Hoopla, not lynching Masq at this point is the better play purely based on numbers. Because then a hypothetical town-Masq could bring us back to an odd number of players, and if she's scum, that would be confirmed the next day. It makes zero sense for Hoopla to jump in there and put herself at risk of lynch simply to save a buddy for another day. That's exactly what happened. Masq flipped scum and Hoopla looked absolutely horrible from a superficial standpoint. But following Hoopla's thought process, it makes perfect sense to me. Then after Grendel claimed, it made more sense to lynch Masq and Hoopla correctly pushed it. In fact, I think we should be looking more at the people who weren't giving due consideration to the possibility of a Masq-townflip because they're going for maximum cred. There are too many of those so I'll be analyzing all of this in my next few posts after I breakdown the cases against Hoopla.

KTS
is probably town for his easygoing, devil-may-care style and I also like his not taking the bait and jumping on the major wagons, voting Elyse instead. I wouldn't bet anything on it though.

BBMolla
is more likely town than not but I really want to see him get into the game and contribute actual scumhunting thoughts.

Blankface:
I still think Masquerade's jump onto Blankface on D1 makes him more likely town but that's a tenuous reason and I think he fits with Elyse as a partner. I really want to see a replacement before making a call on this slot.

Elyse
was a player I was townreading earlier but I very much dislike her attack on Hoopla. I find the reasons very weak and superficial.

Egg:
I went over why I suspect Egg and unlike Hoopla, I'm not convinced at all that his offer to be lynched himself is a significant towntell. It came at an odd time when there was no real need for resignation and looked more like an emotional appeal.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:07 am

Post by Wingback »

@Grendel,
from your , it seems like the main reasons you are scumreading Hoopla for are: 1) That she unvoted Masquerade too soon despite Masq not claiming whether she used her shot. 2) That she was too quick to accept that Masq's claim was provable despite Masq never revealing whether he used his shot or not. 3) That she said a roleblocker was unlikely, speculated that there could be a rolestopper instead and used that to scumread Elyse. 4) That Hoopla suspected BBMolla at the start of D3.

1) Hoopla's unvote makes sense if she didn't want a potential town vig to be lynched before she had time to think through and analyze the game. I see it more as Hoopla being cautious and covering her bases since Masq was at L-1 before Egg unvoted and you had already stated intent to hammer in few hours. Hoopla could always revote Masquerade if she still thought Masq was scum after thinking it through so I see the unvote as pro-town and not scummy at all. It seemed she unvoted to give Masq time to claim without being hammered at any second before she could come back to claim.

2) Masq claimed 1X vig and there was only one kill on night one. It seems reasonable to wonder if Masq was saving his shot for a later day. While it's entirely possible for a hypothetical town-Masq to have shot the same target as the scum, the odds are much lower than the probability that Masq was holding onto the shot for later use. Hoopla enquiring about it seemed like a way to make the most optimal move. One thing I think you should realize is that
you knew Masq was scum as soon as he claimed vig.
He claimed your role. But from Hoopla's standpoint, having no idea whether Masq was scum fake-claiming or whether we had just run up the town vig, the logical choice was to wait and see if it was confirmable and play it safe. This style matches up with the rest of Hoopla's play in this game like pushing D1 lynches based on compromise as opposed to her reads. It shows that she's not ultra-confident in her own reads, so how can we expect her to suddenly be confident enough in a Masq scumread to say "to hell with a vig claim, you are dying today!" Hoopla's logic is actually fairly standard when dealing with claims. The harm from lynching a town vig outweigh the harm of delaying a scum lynch by a day. If scum get run up and claim PR, the best move is to leave them aside and continue scumhunting elsewhere since there are still other scum to catch.

3) Clearly Hoopla was likely wrong about there not being a roleblocker. I don't think her logic was too far out there. Mods dislike using roleblockers when there are other roleblocking roles out there because they make night actions confusing and she backed that up with stats from past games. That we winded up with a likely roleblocker here doesn't make her scum. Her rolestopper speculation made sense to me at the time I read it and it being wrong doesn't make her more likely scum than town throwing our random ideas on what the setup could be to help solve the game.

4) Whatever BBMolla's alignment, consider what he did in this game. I'm
beyond stunned
that he has 130 posts because I barely remember a single thing he said or read he pushed. When he got an early wagon on him, he melted down completely and got townread and the wagon went away. Then he parked his vote on Vedith for the rest of the day until the very end where he switched to Blankface. D2, all of a sudden, from nowhere, he started pushing Masq. Here's something I would really appreciate you doing and letting me know what you think: ISO BBMolla. Ctrl+F "Masq." Let me know what you see. You'll see on day one a single quote from Masq () where BBMolla agrees with Masquerade. The second time BBMolla mentions Masquerade is during D2 in where he naked-votes her. Where's the read progression? It looks like he pulled that read out of thin air. Then all he does is repeat that he wants Masquerade lynched:
In post 858, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Masquerade
In post 926, BBmolla wrote:lynch masquerade
In post 975, BBmolla wrote:I don't know where the other scum are, I just really think its masquerade for today.
In post 1015, BBmolla wrote:can we just lynch masquerade
In post 1106, BBmolla wrote:I still think masq is scum and don't know partner nor care for today
In post 1116, BBmolla wrote:I just want masq to die
He doesn't give a single reason why. He makes no attempt to figure out why. He never scumhunts, he never considers what happens if Masq is town, who else is scum, nothing. Just repeats "lynch Masquerade" like a fucking robot. I don't even know why he voted Masquerade in the first place given his only interaction with Masquerade on D1 was a positive one.

Hoopla's also completely correct that BBMolla is happy to be townread and is skating by. Listing out all his posts makes me think he's more likely scum but I'm not even sure. Regardless, it makes complete sense that Hoopla is concerned that she may have been wrong, and then proceeded to check every angle and possibility for how BBMolla could be recruited so she can safely eliminate him as a suspect. So, I don't see Hoopla's suspicion of BBMolla as scum-indicative at all.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:10 am

Post by BBmolla »

dude there was literally 2 flips before my masq vote
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:11 am

Post by BBmolla »

do flips not change your reads?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:11 am

Post by BBmolla »

like literally 2 posts before
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:13 am

Post by Wingback »

I know there were flips. That doesn't explain why you were scumreading Masquerade. Humor me then, what was your reasoning? I can see that ChaosOmega being killed N1 after pushing Masquerade could be a reason but that alone is nowhere near strong enough to push with as much confidence as you have.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:14 am

Post by Wingback »

While you are here, mind giving your thoughts on Elyse's push on Hoopla, and your read on Egg?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:30 am

Post by Egg »

V/LA until Sunday night
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:38 am

Post by BBmolla »

It's probably Blank/Elyse
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:40 am

Post by Wingback »

I'd lynch Elyse before Blank as I think Elyse/Egg is a distinct possibility as well. What do you think of Egg?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:41 am

Post by BBmolla »

yeah I guess that's possible

he's an extreme non factor but nothing particularly scummy
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:43 am

Post by Wingback »

Specifically, I don't understand why either of them townread the other so strongly. But I need to look more into their interactions.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Wingback, I am hoping to respond to post 1278 tonight, but I might end up having to do it tomorrow instead. It appears some storms are rolling in on my end, and I don't like being on the computer when there is a power outage risk. ^^;
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Elyse »

Checking in, responding to Wingback later.

Nice to get the game rolling again
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by Killthestory »

reeeeeeeeeeeee
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by Elyse »

Omg what is with this slot and trying to save obvscum Hoopla

Wingback I think your read on Hoopla is off because you weren't there in real time when it was happening. Like it was so so obvious Masq was lying. I get what you're saying that Hoopla made a play that would make her look bad as scum - but she's also intelligent enough to argue this. It's WIFOM to me. I also think you are underrating keeping Masq alive. We were in MyLo with one more mislynch and if one townie voted another townie, bam the game could be over like that. Hoopla took a risk. Plus if Masq was planning this elaborate claim and such, I'd expect at least one buddy to go along with it. Because otherwise what's the point? He claims vig and goes down anyway? Someone needs to give him the benefit of the doubt to give him some sort of foothold. I think Hoopla attempted to do that but everything backfired when Grendel claimed and Masq was stuck.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Well, I thought this game was pretty much a write-off when Sera replaced out, but I'm glad Wingback has my back and I feel pretty good about his slot still, despite some lingering paranoia. He didn't really need to defend me at all, especially to the extent that he has, and I hope if/when I am lynched you let him and (I guess) Molla lead the town.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing has really changed and Blank should be lynched today/tomorrow. Picking the third scum will be tricky, as I think scum will have a lot of control over whose opinions are allowed to be present in a hypothetical mylo/lylo, but Wingback has given this game a glimmer of hope again.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:27 pm

Post by Killthestory »

I think hoopla is nice town
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:24 am

Post by Dierfire »

I'm still seeking a replacement for BlankFace.
If I don't get one soon, I'll start sending requests to individual players who have been willing to act as replacements in previous games.
If you have any suggestions for players who should be on that list, please send them to me by PM.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1278, Wingback wrote:
@Grendel,
from your , it seems like the main reasons you are scumreading Hoopla for are: 1) That she unvoted Masquerade too soon despite Masq not claiming whether she used her shot. 2) That she was too quick to accept that Masq's claim was provable despite Masq never revealing whether he used his shot or not. 3) That she said a roleblocker was unlikely, speculated that there could be a rolestopper instead and used that to scumread Elyse. 4) That Hoopla suspected BBMolla at the start of D3.

1) Hoopla's unvote makes sense if she didn't want a potential town vig to be lynched before she had time to think through and analyze the game. I see it more as Hoopla being cautious and covering her bases since Masq was at L-1 before Egg unvoted and you had already stated intent to hammer in few hours. Hoopla could always revote Masquerade if she still thought Masq was scum after thinking it through so I see the unvote as pro-town and not scummy at all. It seemed she unvoted to give Masq time to claim without being hammered at any second before she could come back to claim.
I think you got the order of events wrong. Egg unvoted before Hoopla did, putting Mask at L-2, Hoopla put Mask at L-3 before my vote came in putting Mask back at L-2. So I would not say that Mask was in any immediate danger of being lynched since Hoopla keeping her vote would mean I put Mask at L-1 and that is it. At that point nobody knew that I was the vigilante so they had no reason to hammer Mask, and my vote alone couldn’t hammer. So I think that Hoopla’s fear of a Mask!vig getting lynched is pretty unfounded. It even seemed that most people were holding back the lynch to get more information from Mask.
2) Masq claimed 1X vig and there was only one kill on night one. It seems reasonable to wonder if Masq was saving his shot for a later day. While it's entirely possible for a hypothetical town-Masq to have shot the same target as the scum, the odds are much lower than the probability that Masq was holding onto the shot for later use. Hoopla enquiring about it seemed like a way to make the most optimal move. One thing I think you should realize is that
you knew Masq was scum as soon as he claimed vig.
He claimed your role. But from Hoopla's standpoint, having no idea whether Masq was scum fake-claiming or whether we had just run up the town vig, the logical choice was to wait and see if it was confirmable and play it safe. This style matches up with the rest of Hoopla's play in this game like pushing D1 lynches based on compromise as opposed to her reads. It shows that she's not ultra-confident in her own reads, so how can we expect her to suddenly be confident enough in a Masq scumread to say "to hell with a vig claim, you are dying today!" Hoopla's logic is actually fairly standard when dealing with claims. The harm from lynching a town vig outweigh the harm of delaying a scum lynch by a day. If scum get run up and claim PR, the best move is to leave them aside and continue scumhunting elsewhere since there are still other scum to catch.
Ordinarily I would agree with this logic, yet Mask was being very reluctant to reveal any information aside from being a X-shot vigilante. His lack of openness seems like it should have been a red flag to everybody. He evaded answer weather or not he used a shot, and that "only scum would benefit from this info" was a major cop out. Also, there is still the issue that Hoopla put words in Masks mouth in post 1025 where she basically said that if Mask does not say anything then he has a shot left. Sort of like she was talking for him to generate information for town. Why was Mask not against this? Maybe he saw that Hoopla had a plan and did not want to botch it?
3) Clearly Hoopla was likely wrong about there not being a roleblocker. I don't think her logic was too far out there. Mods dislike using roleblockers when there are other roleblocking roles out there because they make night actions confusing and she backed that up with stats from past games. That we winded up with a likely roleblocker here doesn't make her scum. Her rolestopper speculation made sense to me at the time I read it and it being wrong doesn't make her more likely scum than town throwing our random ideas on what the setup could be to help solve the game.
Technically she was wrong on two accounts on there being a role stopper, and there not being a role blocker. Anyway, I think that the role stopper speculation took away from the thought that there might be a role blocker.
4) Whatever BBMolla's alignment, consider what he did in this game. I'm
beyond stunned
that he has 130 posts because I barely remember a single thing he said or read he pushed. When he got an early wagon on him, he melted down completely and got townread and the wagon went away. Then he parked his vote on Vedith for the rest of the day until the very end where he switched to Blankface. D2, all of a sudden, from nowhere, he started pushing Masq. Here's something I would really appreciate you doing and letting me know what you think: ISO BBMolla. Ctrl+F "Masq." Let me know what you see. You'll see on day one a single quote from Masq () where BBMolla agrees with Masquerade. The second time BBMolla mentions Masquerade is during D2 in where he naked-votes her. Where's the read progression? It looks like he pulled that read out of thin air.

He doesn't give a single reason why. He makes no attempt to figure out why. He never scumhunts, he never considers what happens if Masq is town, who else is scum, nothing. Just repeats "lynch Masquerade" like a fucking robot. I don't even know why he voted Masquerade in the first place given his only interaction with Masquerade on D1 was a positive one.

Hoopla's also completely correct that BBMolla is happy to be townread and is skating by. Listing out all his posts makes me think he's more likely scum but I'm not even sure. Regardless, it makes complete sense that Hoopla is concerned that she may have been wrong, and then proceeded to check every angle and possibility for how BBMolla could be recruited so she can safely eliminate him as a suspect. So, I don't see Hoopla's suspicion of BBMolla as scum-indicative at all.
It was not about BBmolla himself, it was about the play Hoopla used at the start of the day. My issue was that I felt that optimal scum play at the start of this day would be to claim that whomever Cmtic1 visited could be scum to remove the possibility of their being another confirmed town player in the game. And that is exactly what Hoopla did. She started pointing out that scum could be invited to the neighborhood even if Cmitc1 was dead, and that there is no reason for the neighborhood to be created if Cmitc1 was dead. So she was trying to remove the possibility of BBmolla being confirmed town!

I agree that BBmolla has not been much of a voice this game. I think, however, that he is more likely complacent town then scum. Also I agree with him that the D1 and N1 flips would have been logical motivation behind BBmolla's votes, both of the flips pointed towards scum Mask.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:35 am

Post by Wingback »

@Elyse;
While I agree that the following day being mylo is a reason for scum-Hoopla to keep Masq alive for another day, it was still a risky play that puts both Masq and Hoopla in the line of fire (evidence: the votes today) when the alternative would have been a clean bus that doesn't put Hoopla in danger. Also, in mylo, you need two town to vote another town, not one. While that doesn't take away from the thrust of your point, I think it mitigates it. I just find it hard to believe that with an inactive Masquerade who couldn't string together two town-looking posts to save her life, and been forced into claiming a role where her lynch is assured the next day, a very experienced and decently skilled player like Hoopla dives right in and defends her in a double-or-nothing play.

A large part of why I suspect you is that I find your reasoning for Hoopla-scum in very weak. I don't think saying "the mafia PR is a scumslip" in the slightest. I also don't get how you didn't realize that scum roleblocking Grendel is the smart move regardless of whether his target was town or scum. With an even number of players, if Grendel killed a townie that was widely suspected, it still benefits town. Furthermore, I find it odd that you describe my read on Hoopla as "off" which assumes I'm town given you were earlier saying it was either Hoopla/Blank or Hoopla/Wingback.

@Hoopla;
I'm still interested in your thoughts about Egg's catchup even if only to see a different perspective. I'd also like to know your thoughts on what I said about Masq's vote on BlankFace D1. It's possible you are right on Blankface and Molla is right that it is indeed Blankface/Elyse especially since their interactions with each other do look like partners. But I also suspect Egg and have reason to second-guess my Blankface read.

@Grendel;

Re: Hoopla unvoting when it was L-2:
The danger of Masq being lynched before Hoopla could get her thoughts together was there even at L-2. I didn't get the order wrong. I just don't think that thought process of "
Unvote the major wagon while I think this through
" is a scumtell at all regardless of the flip. In fact, I think it's more likely to be town since if scum know that their bus is about to end up in a lynch, they are much more likely to stick it to the end for the towncred rather than unvote a partner at the last minute and thus lose the towncred from the bus. There was plenty of support for a Masq lynch with or without Hoopla, the only question being whether she was on the lynch or not.

Re: Hoopla speaking for Masq:
Scum have daytalk as the mod mentioned that "Any PT associated with this game will be open for use at all times (Day Phase and Night Phase)." If Hoopla was conspiring with Masq, she would have told her in the scum PT so that Masq could implement the plan directly rather than speak for Masq if that's what you are arguing. If not, you'll have to rephrase.

Re: Rolestopper speculation:
As town, we don't know what roles are in the game which means we'll speculate on the setup and some of that will be wrong. I don't see that as a scumtell, partly because I didn't find it unreasonable. At worst, it's null.

Re: Hoopla's read on BBMolla:
While I'm leaning towards BBMolla being probably town, I think erroneously confirming him as town would be a mistake. What if he was scum? If we don't do our due diligence, it would be perfectly possible for him to skate which could cost us the game. Hoopla checking her bases and covering all the possibilities is something I don't find scummy in the slightest. While it's possible for the scum might look to "unconfirm" confirmed townies, what Hoopla did is something we all have to do as town. You are ascribing just the possible scum motive to an action that town ought to do.

Anyways, not sure which way I want to go yet. BlankFace's alignment is pretty much a jumpball for me so having a replacement is essential. But I would stake a lot on Hoopla being town.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I fucking HATE how Wingback is trying to keep me as a lynchable target while calling me town, that's fucking gross.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Wingback »

Why is it "gross?" I have you as a leaning town read which I'm not completely confident in.

When I play games, I have some townreads I'd bank the game, some that are just leaning town, some people are null and could go either way, some are scumreads etc.

You are acting like every read needs to be a high-confidence read that I should slot into scum or town and that's just not the way I develop my reads. I doubt anyone does that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”