Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

yeah why were you even townreading Art before bee?
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

Now this is bad ass!!!

Ari's (3) Ari's, BeeGirl
Pie (1) Mala
Kraska (4) lady, pie, yume, skybird
Skybird (1) kraska
Foxbird (1) TTH

With 13 alive it will take 7 to lynch
Deadline: (expired on 2016-08-16 23:00:00)

Still searching for a replacement for Kraska77
Last edited by farside22 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

Sure. Some pressure there won't hurt .

VOTE: Aristo
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
beegirl
beegirl
Goon
beegirl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by beegirl »

In post 550, Luna Fox wrote:yeah why were you even townreading Art before bee?
I think I liked his tone >_>_>_>
ah yes, beegirl style reads;

if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

In post 546, beegirl wrote:BeeGirl: Gut scum read.

Best read of the game

(inb4 Bee is trolling us and is really scum :lol: )
Get to know me!
beegirl
beegirl
Goon
beegirl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by beegirl »

;)

Also Luna sheep me and UTL pls ^_^
ah yes, beegirl style reads;

if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Well i'd prefer skybird tbh, but i dont have a townread on Art so sure i'll add pressure
Vote: Art
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 540, UpTooLate wrote:TTH! Happy ScumDay!! <3 <3 I like her push on Kraska. Though I'm not sure if I agree, I do think it comes off as she genuinely believes it. It doesn't feel like scum pushing a ML.
:\
I'm ambivalent about it.

I have "townreads" on beeboy, your slot, and kraska's slot. I put townreads in quotes because they're all based on gutreads and I hate relying on that.
If I had to put words to them, I feel like kraska really believes her reads and she didn't buckle even when I fussed at her about the Foxbird one. Nahdia's rage/meltdown felt genuine
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 550, Luna Fox wrote:yeah why were you even townreading Art before bee?
o/
~raises hand~

I was mildly townreading Ari for taking the first crack at reading me of everyone. It felt organic given the context of him coming off a fresh scum game with me (UTL can tell you about that).

It since hasn't solidified because of his absence and he did mention in the PT that lurking as scum is an issue for him. :\
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by pieguyn »

loud sigh.

I am more than OK with this Aris wagon, but I am so sick of people thinking "lelel genuine posting" is a good reason for anything.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

.... Why?

Town have no reason to be disingenuous, where as scum can't be genuine.
Get to know me!
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

You can loudly sigh and mock me when you give a good reason for town reading Skybird's posts.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 511, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 509, Skybird wrote:
In post 504, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 499, Skybird wrote:I'm leery of claims of ascetic because people are going to naturally leave Yume alone for the first couple of nights. If I were scum, I would make a claim like that. This is a role-madness game so I do think Yume is telling the truth. I just don't think we should write her off as town for it until we see more of how the game unfolds.
Do you have reads on Luna or Foxbird yet?
Foxbird has been pretty quiet so far. I don't know if she's been busy or lurking.

Luna starts off pretty towny. She's asking questions and giving reads. My read on her gets muddled during the posts in the 400's though. She and Pie have a disagreement on a read and Luna wants Pie to admit she could be wrong. (post 400) This post bothers me but I'm having trouble explaining just why it does. A lot of the players in the game have expressed scum/town reads in absolute terms. Why does Luna need Pie to admit she could be wrong when she doesn't ask any of the other players if they could be wrong and want them to admit it? Then the thread got contentious and I don't know what to think of that all just yet. Overall I have no interest in lynching Luna today based on the way she started.
If you're paranoid of Yume's ascetic claim, what did you think of Luna and Foxbird's "confirmable" softs?

I get that there's ambiguity to the ascetic claim, but as an initial impression I still feel like town are probably more motivated to be up front with it whereas a scum ascetic would be more inclined to just let actions fail on them. Luna and Foxbird saying their role is "confirmable" on the heels of the beeboy "confirmable" fullclaim feels a lot more like someone's trying to sneak something over for town cred, so I'm wondering why that's not on your radar at all.
To me both Luna and Foxbird's confirmable softs don't mean much to me. Scum can have confirmable roles too. I've also seen VTs soft roles to try and draw the NK.

I've played with Yume before and that's part of my skepticism but I can't say anything else on that right now.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 518, TellTaleHeart wrote:"Actually"? I "actually" may or may not be satisfied pending further Skybird responses.

And I'm "actually" pretty annoyed at the nonspecific shade being thrown at me.
most of my issues with you are somewhat minor, but they're still noticeable. first off, I thought you poking Luna over her use of "tbh" earlier was unusual; it's a kind of angle that I expect scum to be significantly more likely to push than town, since it usually doesn't mean anything, but it's generally a good-sounding angle that people can look at and think "oh, that's a good catch!". you did it again to me in this post; I'm curious to know what your point here actually (lelel) was.

I thought your questioning of Skybird earlier was eh and after thinking about it some more it read like scum attempting to soft push a wagon from the sidelines without firmly committing to it. actually, now that I look at it from the top, you've hardly been definitively stating reads in general; outside of Foxbird, it's all been very soft. I don't remember you being this soft with your pushes in FG's game, or any of the other games where I've seen you as town.

while it isn't entirely unreasonable, the angle you were pushing in about "these people aren't town for claiming confirmable roles" makes me wary since it's the kind of approach I would take, and have taken before, as scum if I was worried about people writing them off for it and wanted to preempt this from happening.

I don't really like that your reaction to me pointing this out was to start claiming I was "throwing shade" and to ask UTL why she was reading me as town, either. it wasn't like UTL was the first who town read me; if you were curious about town reads on me, why wait until now to probe around about it?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 562, Skybird wrote:I've played with Yume before and that's part of my skepticism but I can't say anything else on that right now.
I can read between the line.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 561, TellTaleHeart wrote:You can loudly sigh and mock me when you give a good reason for town reading Skybird's posts.
I'm also not OK with you turning the onus back around onto me to provide a "good" reason for town reading Skybird; she doesn't look blindingly town, but I think some things she did have looked kinda town and none of the reasoning for scum reading her has been good or compelling. I liked her , for instance, because even though she wasn't specific about it, she zeroed in on one of the things that pinged me about Luna's approach to me.

kraska's posts, on the other hand, are horrible, and the only reason given for town reading her has been "her posts are ~genuine~".

/shrug
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I don't have any issue with mollie's posts, btw; I see the point about her activity but the way she's going about it doesn't strike me as malicious. I'd like if UTL could point me to something specific about it that she's taking issue with.

"scum find it more difficult to make genuine posts" is one of the greatest misconceptions I've seen in the current site meta, unless you can point out specific things about it that look "genuine" or town.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 545, UpTooLate wrote:Has anybody ISOd LLD or Mala? I don't like either of those slots right now.
is this just due to lurking, btw, or is there something specific about their posts that you dislike?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

not really motivated for this game right now, after reading that shit fest earlier.

I'll figure something out.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 563, pieguyn wrote:most of my issues with you are somewhat minor, but they're still noticeable. first off, I thought you poking Luna over her use of "tbh" earlier was unusual; it's a kind of angle that I expect scum to be significantly more likely to push than town, since it usually doesn't mean anything, but it's generally a good-sounding angle that people can look at and think "oh, that's a good catch!". you did it again to me in this post; I'm curious to know what your point here actually (lelel) was.
Whenver I hear "to be honest" or some mutation of it in a situation where it's not called for (i.e. you're not about to break some harsh truth to someone), I reflexively think that whatever comes next is probably bullshit. I already sort of talked about this.
In post 563, pieguyn wrote:I thought your questioning of Skybird earlier was eh and after thinking about it some more it read like scum attempting to soft push a wagon from the sidelines without firmly committing to it. actually, now that I look at it from the top, you've hardly been definitively stating reads in general; outside of Foxbird, it's all been very soft. I don't remember you being this soft with your pushes in FG's game, or any of the other games where I've seen you as town.
That's not really the case?
I gather that Skybird might be a little inattentive. I'm questioning precisely to get a better sense of where her head's at.
Congrats on seeing that my reads aren't very developed but a good chunk of the game is completely MIA and I think generally people aren't doing really alignment indicative things.
In post 563, pieguyn wrote:while it isn't entirely unreasonable, the angle you were pushing in 511 about "these people aren't town for claiming confirmable roles" makes me wary since it's the kind of approach I would take, and have taken before, as scum if I was worried about people writing them off for it and wanted to preempt this from happening.
You're not me.
Next.
In post 563, pieguyn wrote:I don't really like that your reaction to me pointing this out was to start claiming I was "throwing shade" and to ask UTL why she was reading me as town, either. it wasn't like UTL was the first who town read me; if you were curious about town reads on me, why wait until now to probe around about it?
Right, "weirded out" is
not
throwing shade at all. You were just complimenting my quirky personality and I must've taken it the wrong way.
And OMGUS certainly is a scumtell. Shucks, how did I forget that? How could I
not
townread you pushing someone who I think is probably town and pivoting to someone who I
know
is town?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 569, TellTaleHeart wrote:Congrats on seeing that my reads aren't very developed but a good chunk of the game is completely MIA and I think generally people aren't doing really alignment indicative things.
can you walk me through your Foxbird read in more depth?
In post 569, TellTaleHeart wrote:Right, "weirded out" is not throwing shade at all. You were just complimenting my quirky personality and I must've taken it the wrong way.
And OMGUS certainly is a scumtell. Shucks, how did I forget that? How could I not townread you pushing someone who I think is probably town and pivoting to someone who I know is town?
I don't take issue with the fact that you take issue with me being suspicious at you; I take issue with the way you went about it. you could have easily done something like asking me to explain in more depth why I was weirded out on you, or telling me I was being dumb, or even just ignoring it and seeing how it would play out, or anything along those lines. instead, you drew attention to the fact that I hadn't explained anything at that point and claimed it was "throwing shade".

that doesn't read like you were trying to sort me, it reads like you were trying to discredit me. the fact that you didn't try to sort through any of the town reads on me until after I had stated suspicion on you is the same type of thing; you easily could have asked e.g. Luna or beegirl why they were reading my kraska push as town if you didn't agree with it.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 570, pieguyn wrote:I don't take issue with the fact that you take issue with me being suspicious at you; I take issue with the way you went about it. you could have easily done something like asking me to explain in more depth why I was weirded out on you, or telling me I was being dumb, or even just ignoring it and seeing how it would play out, or anything along those lines.
I could have.
And I didn't.

The first assumes I had the patience and inclination to ask, and I didn't.
Saying you were being dumb is in itself dumb.
Just ignoring it is going to land me in the same juicy, mislynchable spot that I
somehow
ended up in for Summer Waltz.

So yes, you got me on being a little unpleasant. Call it "discredit" if you must.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 570, pieguyn wrote:can you walk me through your Foxbird read in more depth?
You'll be disappointed because my reads on that end are even more weak than my town reads.
My initial impression off of the round of softclaims following beeboy's claim was that scum were trying to make a cheap grab at towncred. I wasn't townreading any of Foxbird's content so I thought that was as good a place as any for my vote.

That is as deep as it gets.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 568, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:not really motivated for this game right now, after reading that shit fest earlier.

I'll figure something out.
:\
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by Malakittens »

UNVOTE: Pie
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”